Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

miku is very strong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i used to think miku was just annoying cat and at first disregarded her when she turn out to be fake cat, but then it turn out she was actually full cat

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

real hella stubborn but can't even commit to being full cat, wouldnt that in essence be the true cat way

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

miku tries very hard

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Why do both Rin and Miku hate fish?????

Aren't they cats????

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Zettace posted:

Why do both Rin and Miku hate fish?????

Aren't they cats????

It's funny /because/ they're cats.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Time to marathon the last 4 episodes!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Episode 23 really hammers in the why I like Love Live a lot more point.

I just... I just want to see cute girls hang out together and have fun.

I don't want to see them depressed or have them separated because of work.

:/

This Haruika episode is depressing in a realistic sort of way. It's like close friends (more like acquaintances really) drifting apart as they grow up.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean, it's not like I can really blame anybody for this cause I see parallels to this at my workplace too, at least in terms of workload.

Last year I honestly considered quitting my job because I had to stay overtime frequently, work during the weekends, and even stay overnight twice in the last few months. Each new project meant another project would get delayed or go out without the degree of completion that I would have liked, meaning even more time was wasted fixing the poo poo that wouldn't need fixing if I'd had the time to properly look at it.

Honestly January and February have been really chill cause there's not much new work, and I haven't had to work overtime at all this year so far. This was not the case last year, when I had to work weekends.

So I like it myself, but on the other hand it doesn't bode well for the company, and my pay's been pushed back 2 weeks cause we need to pay freelancers and all that. Things will probably get better in like April or whatever.

Sure, it's nice to be able to relax, but on the other hand, not being out of a job because your company can't afford to keep paying you is even better.

The idols are popular now, but who's to say that the popularity will continue? Plus, if you turn down requests from clients, who's to say that they'll continue using your services? That's a real worry.

So it's a situation where there really are no bad people, and having a lot of work is actually a good thing, especially if you get to do what you love, but it comes at the cost of meaningful human interaction. And asking whether it's really worth it isn't something I can bring myself to say.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Little Match Girl seems like a decent song.

Yukiho is pretty.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Man this episode is just a series of kick Haruka down.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The one show where everyone gets to work together is being cancelled.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Little Match Girl seems like a decent song.

Yukiho is pretty.

It was only watching that that reminded me she's barely appeared since at least episode 19. 'The shy one' doesn't usually make for good interactions, so it's not entirely surprising.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Episode 23 really hammers in the why I like Love Live a lot more point.

I just... I just want to see cute girls hang out together and have fun.

I don't want to see them depressed or have them separated because of work.

:/

This Haruika episode is depressing in a realistic sort of way. It's like close friends (more like acquaintances really) drifting apart as they grow up.

Man, curious to see your reactions to Cinderella Girls now

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Polsy posted:

It was only watching that that reminded me she's barely appeared since at least episode 19. 'The shy one' doesn't usually make for good interactions, so it's not entirely surprising.

Yeah, at least Hanayo (probably the closest to Yukiho in terms of characters) gets plenty of screentime.

And Rin gets a lot.

What I'm getting at is that Rin is cute! Cute!

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
I really like the Haruka arc at the end. Possibly because it's terribly miserable and down-to-earth.

On a related note, Mami ended up a full 30 spots ahead of Ami. This is 100% because of her superior hair. Actually, looking at this, a lot of the top 50 are there largely on the strength of their hair.

Also yes, Yukiho is pretty and cool and totally probably okay within 10m of small dogs now.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's also funny cause Yukiho is one of the more prominent members of Puchimas in my opinion.

But Chihaya is barely around....

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zenostein posted:

I really like the Haruka arc at the end. Possibly because it's terribly miserable and down-to-earth.

On a related note, Mami ended up a full 30 spots ahead of Ami. This is 100% because of her superior hair. Actually, looking at this, a lot of the top 50 are there largely on the strength of their hair.

Also yes, Yukiho is pretty and cool and totally probably okay within 10m of small dogs now.

Post your rankings.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Like, all this internal stress probably isn't doing any good for Haruka, especially when she's constantly looking at her watch.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Post your rankings.

I picked more than just LL/CG (duh). There's 250 of them. Nobody wants to see 250 entries of "who?"

^^Haruka will be fine. She's tough.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This conversation between Haruka and Miki is pretty interesting cause I tend to see it from Haruka's point of view, but Miki's point is equally valid. Miki realizes that she's able to get where she is because other people worked hard to give her an opportunity to do so, and she wants to be the Top Idol.

There can really only be one Top Idol, which means that even among 765 Pro there's a competition. Unlike Love Live, where the goal is to be the Top School Idols, iM@S is about being the Top Idol.

So there's a unity in Muse that isn't present in 765 Pro.

It reminds me of back to the whole Miki wanting to be a part of Ryugu Komachi thing.

Chihaya wants to sing, but doesn't want to do anything else.
Miki wants to stand at the top, and will do anything to get there.
Haruka is fine with anything, but wants everyone to be together while doing so.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zenostein posted:

I picked more than just LL/CG (duh). There's 250 of them. Nobody wants to see 250 entries of "who?"

^^Haruka will be fine. She's tough.

1. Haruka
2. Who?
3. Who?
4. Who?
5. Who?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
MIKI GOD DAMMIT.

YOU SCREWED UP HARUKA'S CHANCE IN THE PREVIOUS EPISODE AND YOU'RE DOING IT AGAIN.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's like, Haruka's habit of jokingly knocking on her head seemed natural early in the series, a natural extension of who she is as a person.

But now it's like a way to forcibly remind herself to put on a cheery facade because she has to keep her spirits up and pretend that she's okay, that she can deal with it.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh poo poo.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Seriously who's loving idea was it to leave the hole open?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

1. Haruka
2. Who?
3. Who?
4. Who?
5. Who?

Haruka, hypertraditional Japanese maiden, ? ?, MINMINMIN MINMINMIN USAMIN~

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Seriously who's loving idea was it to leave the hole open?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

It's like, Haruka's habit of jokingly knocking on her head seemed natural early in the series, a natural extension of who she is as a person.

But now it's like a way to forcibly remind herself to put on a cheery facade because she has to keep her spirits up and pretend that she's okay, that she can deal with it.

I think it's reflected in the coach's notes in the musical.

Miki is noted to be energetic, but the guy can't get a read on Haruka cause she's lost herself. She's so caught up in inner turmoil that her true self can't really shine through.

Also the preview is depressing.

It starts out with the usual cheery Haruka and that facade is quickly stripped away.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

graybook posted:

Haruka, hypertraditional Japanese maiden, ? ?, MINMINMIN MINMINMIN USAMIN~

That's only 4 people.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

1. Haruka
2. Who?
3. Who?
4. Who?
5. Who?

A valid point.

And yes, most people aren't quite as anything as they seem. It's nice when shows remember to give characters characters.

e:

That's only 4 people.

There were two question marks.

Did forget the "with a great accent" after "hypertraditionally japanese."

Although I will point out that she has not shown up with a naginata, at least.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Sae's just not appealed to me much I think. Perfectly fine gal, just not an idol I've paid much attention to.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wow getting chills from Haruka's acting.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hruka all alone.

;_;

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The thing is, Haruka is being unreasonable, but I don't think Ritsuko is in the position to tell her such.

Cause Haruka's got a point. Saying "oh, everyone's probably practiced individually" probably doesn't cut it when you're doing a live group performance.

What's unreasonable is the workload.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Like, that's pretty much saying that you're willing to give a less than perfect performance.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
These Haruka episodes are actually more introspective than I'd expected iM@S to be.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Love Live's greatest conflict (once Eli got convinced to join the group) was whether or not to disband the group, but that got resolved pretty quickly, both in the anime and in the movie.

Muse have worked together as a unit for so long that their hearts are one, provided that they've had time to think about the matter. They might have differences in the beginning but they all come together in the end.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

graybook posted:

Sae's just not appealed to me much I think. Perfectly fine gal, just not an idol I've paid much attention to.

In my not-even half understanding the last event she was in, she very politely poo poo all over everyone else while prodding Kanoko into being the leader. I liked that almost as much as I appreciate her referring to everyone with -han.

Then again, I also like that one R (Emi, I think?) who's a walking Osaka billboard, octopus hairpins and all. (And when she's idolized, she's got a paper fan). So y'know, accents are fun too.

These Haruka episodes are actually more introspective than I'd expected iM@S to be.

That's why I like original flavor better than cinderella flavor, really. It's got more time to poke a bit more at people and things. Although I cannot for the life of me remember what amimami's deal was. I'm sure they got an arc, I just cannot remember a single thing about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Love Live's pretty much a sports anime only with no opposing team.

iM@S is like one of those Roller Coaster / Zoo Tycoon games where you want to make your amusement park / zoo the best but also someone has enacted a Randian philosophy of having every attraction compete for the best role, like Sears did before it folded.