Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
Are the new Omega nodes worth investing into?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Soothing Vapors posted:

I'll let the master himself explain

congrats, if you read all that you now have autism

Sweet, another day autism free

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Darke GBF posted:

Iron Fist's tiger spec seems really fun now. I can basically spam seven armies and fury of five hundred fists over and over with the new good fortune kick's cd reset. It's actually kind of absurdly fun. Permanent 50-100% damage reduction while making GBS threads out conal or aoe attacks.

Haven't tried anything involving his sig though. I imagine grandmaster is fun as heck now too.

Yeah, I was loving around with grandmaster last night but Tiger has way more survivability and he still dies to a stiff breeze

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
If you want something easier while leveling/playing Iron Fist that will still probably have a pretty good TTK, Tiger/Leopard twin stances is pretty good and synergizes pretty well. You have both stances up all the time, so as a result you can keep resetting the cooldown on huge skills that can double dip bonuses

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Mayor McCheese posted:

Are the new Omega nodes worth investing into?

For hybrids, absolutely. For single damage/attack types, less so.

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!
In the same vein, is there a good list somewhere of what nodes are now worth taking that weren't before, and vice versa?

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Took a nap to let the videos upload. Now here's what I'm doing with GR.

Ghost Rider, Unsafe Omegas Ranged Spec, no defense, 3:59 ttk
https://youtu.be/O1e7x7tTub8
Build: http://marvelheroes.info/build/26918/

Ghost Rider, Safe Omegas Ranged Spec, cdr ready, 4:15 ttk
https://youtu.be/PbDciB-UlKw
Build: http://marvelheroes.info/build/36872/

A pubbie pointed out that Frankie Raye only procs on energy attacks so I even had a bad insignia on.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Got one of them there rare scrolls and my random hero was the nude man him self.

What's a good lazy cosmic farming build. Feel like making him my new proj.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
With how much better crafting is now, I hope they start looking at relics in the next few months. There's so many that are complete garbage and there needs to be a recipe to convert to another type at a severely reduced rate.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Midnightghoul posted:

With how much better crafting is now, I hope they start looking at relics in the next few months. There's so many that are complete garbage and there needs to be a recipe to convert to another type at a severely reduced rate.
Also blessings.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

MMAgCh posted:

Also blessings.

13 months ago Amthua was going to do a blessing review and even went so far to ask wl what to do

so it should be coming sometime in the next 6 months

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
Is there an easy way to get minimap viewing? I've discovered it helps a lot, but none of the artifacts or blessings with it fit into Doom's build. The only Omegle I found with minimap viewing is Tag rounds, which costs a lot and doesn't fit into Doom either.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Lozareth posted:

Pubbie pointed out that Frankie Raye only procs on energy attacks so I even had a bad insignia on.

Gimme a list of what you're looking for, ill search my CHT stuff.

Midnightghoul posted:

Asros is not a huge fan of the system in general (having single relics in loot tables, having to pick them up, half of them being crap, and taking a long rear end time to get a stack) so I dunno if buffs will be coming, it might just be a whole rework.

Lux Aeterna posted:

13 months ago Amthua was going to do a blessing review and even went so far to ask wl what to do

so it should be coming sometime in the next 6 months

Is the WL post still up? Do you remember what the list was? I could ask him when's the next free thing to work on.

Spoiler alert: Gaz producer is the the one that gives priorities of what things to work on. Then Mayhem/Asros/etc do the work.

FranktheBank fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Mar 6, 2016

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Gynovore posted:

Is there an easy way to get minimap viewing? I've discovered it helps a lot, but none of the artifacts or blessings with it fit into Doom's build. The only Omegle I found with minimap viewing is Tag rounds, which costs a lot and doesn't fit into Doom either.
Basically, no. Not that I'm aware of. There's one other Omega node that grants minimap visibility, in Neural Enhancement; it's a little cheaper than Tag Rounds to unlock, but it only triggers on using movement powers (which Doom's teleport does qualify for admittedly) and still is relatively expensive.

The point has been raised that if Iron Man gets enemy minimap visibility thanks to his fancy armour, there's really no reason why Doom shouldn't as well. But I guess Gaz feel differently? :iiam:

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

FranktheBank posted:

Gimme a list of what you're looking for, ill search my CHT stuff.

I have a good elektra I bummed a doop rune from redheaded to upgrade.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Thanks found my username was same as here xyigx, now to get in to the SG

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

just finished Maverick achievement with Fat Rouge. So you dont need surfer. People can QQ more in the forum.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Pretty bad rear end Black Widow melee ttk here.

4:35 ttk. Really cool looking.

http://marvelheroes.info/build/36881/

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

jujojoh posted:

just finished Maverick achievement with Fat Rouge. So you dont need surfer. People can QQ more in the forum.

Good loving job. :downsbravo:

Wait 10 months for a character to get strong enough so that even you could complete the achievement.

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Pretty bad rear end Black Widow melee ttk here.

4:35 ttk. Really cool looking.

http://marvelheroes.info/build/36881/

lmao - using 3 uniques that are not hers. Mr. Gaz, tune her Uniques plz!!!

ICR - question for you. For future challenges from hereon (if I were to move on), if omegas are allowed, would it be at 7500 or are we expect to take time off, spend $100 on boost and get to 10,000 to compete?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

jujojoh posted:

lmao - using 3 uniques that are not hers. Mr. Gaz, tune her Uniques plz!!!

ICR - question for you. For future challenges from hereon (if I were to move on), if omegas are allowed, would it be at 7500 or are we expect to take time off, spend $100 on boost and get to 10,000 to compete?

Omegas will be at whatever you have. I won't limit it should they be allowed. :)

But spending lots of money is good because it helps keep Ryolnir off the streets and living in a home with his own bedsheets. Mr 69, let it ride.

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Omegas will be at whatever you have. I won't limit it should they be allowed. :)

But spending lots of money is good because it helps keep Ryolnir off the streets and living in a home with his own bedsheets. Mr 69, let it ride.

whelp - GG. Well, Babyproof can just knock me out this round anyway.

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

FranktheBank posted:

Good loving job. :downsbravo:

Wait 10 months for a character to get strong enough so that even you could complete the achievement.

quoted for truth

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

jujojoh posted:

whelp - GG. Well, Babyproof can just knock me out this round anyway.

But if you win, you can be Dances With Goons!

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

AllTerrineVehicle posted:

In the same vein, is there a good list somewhere of what nodes are now worth taking that weren't before, and vice versa?

This guy did a lot of math on the primary nodes by type, per point. Now, it's possible he's bad at math, but it's probably worth a look. It doesn't directly answer your question, but if it's not on here and you used to use it, it's probably bad now, and if it showed up out of nowhere it's probably buffed.

Unless the calculations are gazmath, but somebody corrected him once already and an update occurred rather than just explaining that it was working as coded, so there's that.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Gonna take the valuations of someone who says "the difference between say 50% csr and 60% is very small" with the same size grain of salt.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Here are two accurate examples of two types of content.

On the one hand we have the content created for multiplayer.

It's like visiting grandma on Christmas. There is just too much of everything. And at the end of the day you feel sick. (Note: I am not talking about loot, but about visual clutter of abilities, enemies etc)

And then we have the solo content like terminals, Danger Room, Story.

Here you actually see what you are doing.

On a more serious note:

Personally I can't stand the multiplayer content anymore. It seems MH is on the road of "the more - the better" philosophy. I would much rather have half the enemies on the screen with double the HP and damage than have a hordes and hordes of minions that just clutter the screen and I can't even see what my character is doing anymore.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I, for one, salute our new balance mechanic of "double all the damage".

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

jujojoh posted:

What build? I'd quite like to do that one, but playing Surfer's dash build makes me feel ill.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Jedit posted:

What build? I'd quite like to do that one, but playing Surfer's dash build makes me feel ill.

The same he used for that some terminal. There was another build posted by some guy in achievement forum like a month or so ago.

get those other heroes doing that cheev too, nice and quick

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Can someone tell me what this thing is when you are fighting Slag?

It's floating way high up in the air

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

FranktheBank posted:

Is the WL post still up? Do you remember what the list was? I could ask him when's the next free thing to work on.

Spoiler alert: Gaz producer is the the one that gives priorities of what things to work on. Then Mayhem/Asros/etc do the work.

The end result was that amthua had no idea how to fix it and failed to understand just how dumb helas were in the first place.

helas ruined blessings and no good could come from a review that was halfassed and not going to get a follow up.

So basically we are never getting a blessing review.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Lozareth posted:

Ghost Rider, Safe Omegas Ranged Spec, cdr ready, 4:15 ttk
https://youtu.be/PbDciB-UlKw
Build: http://marvelheroes.info/build/36872/

Thanks for going to the effort of putting this together. I cosmic'd Skull(rip) Wizard ages ago but stopping using her after she got left behind in the power creep but this helps make her unbelievably strong while being defensively sound. Very happy with her mini-review.

Praise (?) Lux whitelisters.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Get that pyro arti price higher?

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

FranktheBank posted:

Asros is not a huge fan of the system in general (having single relics in loot tables, having to pick them up, half of them being crap, and taking a long rear end time to get a stack) so I dunno if buffs will be coming, it might just be a whole rework.

What if Relics were like a dropped legendary that were a single item that accumulates power with the dropping of generic RELIC PIECES that work for all relics instead of how legendarys level from exp and then bosses could drop multiple relic pieces or they could even be rewards from specific types of activities like I dunno the poo poo no one wants to play because they have no unique rewards wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Seriously though, praise Asros and his hatred of all things clunky

Degs fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Mar 6, 2016

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Lux Aeterna posted:

The end result was that amthua had no idea how to fix it and failed to understand just how dumb helas were in the first place.

helas ruined blessings and no good could come from a review that was halfassed and not going to get a follow up.

So basically we are never getting a blessing review.
Yeah but for this exact reason any blessing review would pretty much have to start with a Hela nerf, so I'm OK with this

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

AzraelNewtype posted:

This guy did a lot of math on the primary nodes by type, per point. Now, it's possible he's bad at math, but it's probably worth a look. It doesn't directly answer your question, but if it's not on here and you used to use it, it's probably bad now, and if it showed up out of nowhere it's probably buffed.

Unless the calculations are gazmath, but somebody corrected him once already and an update occurred rather than just explaining that it was working as coded, so there's that.

Ranfteron is generally shockingly competent for a pubbie and/or a merble hebrons player

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

punchymcpunch posted:

But if you win, you can be Dances With Goons!

honestly, if I continue to move on, I likely will join the Groot Force. Pending Frank's approval

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

We do have a weight starting point though in order to join. You must be classified obese and have your gut be part of your ttk rotation when you press buttons on the keyboard.

Lozareth uses his gut for spacebar, while I prefer to have it on the X key.

It's like using 11 fingers instead of 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

Hambidextrous

• Locked thread