Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

The Quake posted:

http://dulfy.net/2016/03/06/black-desert-gardening-and-farming-guide/

Dulfy guy says dropping below 75% moisture will reduce crop yield so this sounds like a bad idea

I don't think that's more efficient. Bottling water takes energy, and so does processing it into distilled water. You probably need at least 3 or 4 distilled to fill the water gauge and this would have to be done a couple times so you would have to visit your farm several more times. Waterways also take up a crop slot, so to make the most out of them you need bigger fences.....which cost more CP per plant slot than smaller fences..

That's a lot of extra work at the warning of "Generally you want the crop to be at 100% moisture as dropping below 75% moisture can affect crop yield."

I'll test it out though and see if there's a noticeable difference between yields.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

LegalPad posted:

I don't think that's more efficient. Bottling water takes energy, and so does processing it into distilled water. You probably need at least 3 or 4 distilled to fill the water gauge and this would have to be done a couple times so you would have to visit your farm several more times. Waterways also take up a crop slot, so to make the most out of them you need bigger fences.....which cost more CP per plant slot than smaller fences..

That's a lot of extra work at the warning of "Generally you want the crop to be at 100% moisture as dropping below 75% moisture can affect crop yield."

I'll test it out though and see if there's a noticeable difference between yields.

Use the water from the vendor, taht there cook guy

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Well this is addictive, got it downloaded last night and have been playing it all day.

Also, my good luck at work: my newbie rear end accidentally spent 50k silver because I dropped my mouse and it R-clicked in the stable on a strong donkey.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

congrats on your donkey

echofriendly
May 25, 2007

It don't mean butt
if it ain't got that jutt.
downloaded, saw goon. 5'd

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

Use the water from the vendor, taht there cook guy

You can't distill mineral water, unless you mean just hammer a bunch of mineral water on the garden.
I prefer a method where I don't have to babysit the farm much. Using no water allows me to only occasionally stop by my farms.

I regularly get people messaging me when I'm #1 on the farming leaderboard and asking with exacerbation how to do it. The whole switch to an alt whenever you get a system message saying there's something wrong with your farm and keeping everything watered and taken care of burns people out like crazy.

Haeleus
Jun 30, 2009

He made one fatal slip when he tried to match the ranger with the big iron on his hip.
Am I forced to spend actual $$ if I wish to furnish a house in this game? Kinda miffed if that's the case given I'm already paying base cost.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

LegalPad posted:

You can't distill mineral water, unless you mean just hammer a bunch of mineral water on the garden.
I prefer a method where I don't have to babysit the farm much. Using no water allows me to only occasionally stop by my farms.

I regularly get people messaging me when I'm #1 on the farming leaderboard and asking with exacerbation how to do it. The whole switch to an alt whenever you get a system message saying there's something wrong with your farm and keeping everything watered and taken care of burns people out like crazy.

Just fill her up with cheap vendor water and leave. You can still let it run dry and probably not take such a big hit on the plants.

Also are you finding it better to do 30 minute plants or 8 hour plants for exp?

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

congrats on your donkey

Yeah but I needed that 50k for something else. Guess there's no sellback, so rip me.

Grithok this is chinagame all over again. Minus the cool travel skills.

Evil_Greven fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Mar 6, 2016

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Just fill her up with cheap vendor water and leave. You can still let it run dry and probably not take such a big hit on the plants.

Also are you finding it better to do 30 minute plants or 8 hour plants for exp?

As far as I can tell, harvesting itself is irrelevant to EXP gain once you get through beginner farmer. All that matters after that is RNG loot from pruning and killing bugs, especially those monk branches.
I'd even wager that planting dry climate plants in super humid locations would be best for skill gain since it increase the chance of blight by a lot.

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012
Just bought this game tonight and started a character on the server where the primary goon guild is.

Can someone give me a name or two of people in that guild that would be able to invite me? Thanks!!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Haeleus posted:

Am I forced to spend actual $$ if I wish to furnish a house in this game? Kinda miffed if that's the case given I'm already paying base cost.

No you can buy/craft all that poo poo. The cash shop versions are just better.

They all degrade with use though, so don't waste your actual cash on them. Unless you really want a 3 energy bed or whatever.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Evil_Greven posted:

Well this is addictive, got it downloaded last night and have been playing it all day.

Also, my good luck at work: my newbie rear end accidentally spent 50k silver because I dropped my mouse and it R-clicked in the stable on a strong donkey.
Don't worry, I accidentally used two 60 minute +50% life experience coupons today.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Mar 6, 2016

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011

Yeah, that was my first thought upon seeing this dead cow. Mutant Hummingbirds.

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery
Hopped on Orwen/Belanos 2 with my roommates, we're hammin it up and having a good time.

A chinagame.exe I can love again.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Does the UI show my latency somewhere ?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hammerstein posted:

Does the UI show my latency somewhere ?
I don't think so.

Macha
Mar 6, 2016
So I remember playing with Goon Squad on Archeage. Was great, until the schism caused by BFM and Fishing Pacts.

Am excited that BFM is not in the guild. But also see that there is fishing in this game as well. Has BDO gone the way of Archeage yet, with goon guilds splintering and cash shops ruining everything?

A big letdown I had from AA was playing a Blighter, which was a cool melee class with lots of stuns and things to pull enemies to you. Turned out everyone else had stuns that outranged the melee classes' however. gently caress stun-lock based pvp. And Hasla grinding.

Compared to games like FFXIV, how is BDO? I really would like to find a good fantasy-based MMO that doesn't require a subscription.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Macha posted:

Has BDO gone the way of Archeage yet, with goon guilds splintering and cash shops ruining everything?
Not yet, at least.

Macha posted:

Compared to games like FFXIV, how is BDO?
FFXIV and BDO are the polar opposites in literally all respects.

Macha
Mar 6, 2016

kalstrams posted:

FFXIV and BDO are the polar opposites in literally all respects.

Yeah I know, I meant more in quality, and less game style. FFXIV is pretty much all PvE. Is there even PvP in it?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Macha posted:

Yeah I know, I meant more in quality, and less game style. FFXIV is pretty much all PvE. Is there even PvP in it?
There are a couple mildly popular arenas and battlegrounds, so standard theme park stuff. BDO could be said to be reasonably fleshed out, in spite of any all decisions made and actions taken by our publisher, though what exactly does quality constitute here is a good question.

Macha
Mar 6, 2016
Well for pvp, it would be not having what my largest gripe was in Archeage.

That game was horribly balanced in favor of ranged classes. I like the idea of playing a knight or valkyrie, and fighting up close. Seemed like they could do it too, with plenty of abilities to pull ranged in close and smash them/stun once they were in close.

However all stuns/slows that the melee classes had, the ranged classes had as well, and in greater numbers or better range. So a melee character trying to fight ranged just got slowed/stunned, and shot to death chasing a ranged character down, while the ranged character...walked slowly backwards while shooting. Only way I could ever get pvp kills solo was to go into stealth and sneak up on people. Even then half the time they could just stun-break and backflip away. And if at any time they pulled ranged, they could proceed to moonwalk and turn the melee character into a pincushion.

Quality was the wrong word. The game looks good, but is it balanced reasonably well?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Classes have roles where they do well and where they do poorly. Overall game slightly favours ranged classes, but both of them excel in mass PVP primarily. Ranger eventually gets good in solo PVP, but it relies heavily on the gear, and even then it does not become strictly the best.

Some melee classes get to be punching bags, like tamer or warrior, but the overall situation is not as bad as in ArcheAge.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Will you guys implode already? Are you gonna let star citizen win the drama wars?

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Sigh...challenge accepted...shitty photoshop incoming.

kalstrams posted:

Some melee classes get to be punching bags, like tamer or warrior, but the overall situation is not as bad as in ArcheAge.

Even then...if you are REALLY good, it wont even matter. you can still rock a tamer or a warrior and poo poo on people....just good luck actually doing that if you havent played on korea for the last 6 months.

There is a warrior in our guild that can actually 1v4 basically every member of our guild except the TOP players.

That being said he was one of the top 5 players period on JP Black desert.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Dear Devs, it's not "extra" content if there is no way of me acquiring the "standard" content on it's own.

Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best
I keep trying to get time with this game but my two jobs have been killing me and my free time. I did make it to guild mission to catch makarel where I slid down a cliff without dying.

What I've gotten to pay so far has been fun. My only real problem is that I had to pay $30 dollars for what seems to be a F2P game that has more grind than actual F2P versions even in production and energy. Jokes on me since they got my money. No reason for them to change anytime soon.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

"Oh the first time I see a chat gold spammer, let me just right click and report" -Energy

Did this game seriously dock energy from me for reporting a chat spammer?

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

If anyone is trying to get into the main guild; it is literally impossible since we hit the cap. There is an overflow guild called ParksAndRec, irc.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

"Oh the first time I see a chat gold spammer, let me just right click and report" -Energy

Did this game seriously dock energy from me for reporting a chat spammer?

It does, I think to dissuade abuse of the report function. You can just block them for free and the gold spam is pretty minimal anyway.

Macha
Mar 6, 2016
Lots of KMMOs do this, and then when the person is found to be a spammer/violating the rules in some way and get banned, give like 2x or more energy back, or some kind of reward.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Dropping this here for those with google translate who want more energy

http://www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=3584&l=5029

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Silhouette Wires posted:

My only real problem is that I had to pay $30 dollars for what seems to be a F2P game that has more grind than actual F2P versions even in production and energy.
I think your actual problem is a bit different. :laugh:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Ow why???

Why is the castle next to Heidel town hostile?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jackard posted:

Ow why???

Why is the castle next to Heidel town hostile?
Check your knowledge.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Nah I got nothing

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Does this game have a really cool economy? When it was explained to me it seemed like Eve Lite, but I really doubt that's what it is.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Agoat posted:

Does this game have a really cool economy? When it was explained to me it seemed like Eve Lite, but I really doubt that's what it is.
The economy is a hard rigged system mostly outside of player influence.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Agoat posted:

Well the game was supposed to be something akin to EVE but after the developers created a bunch of intricate PvP and economical features something happen (Daum), and they completely neutered both for the sake of not hurting people. The economy now is hard coded, player have even less of an impact on it than in a game like Elite Dangerous.

e-Actually thats a lie, both elite and this have a similar npc trade system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:rip: