Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

You fuckers. I'm finally about to finish Galak-Z download on my extra-crappy-tonight 10Mbit internet, and as it would turn out, I was supposed to download Broforce instead. Had a real strong case of judging a book by its cover with that game when I saw the first screenshot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
I think you'll be pretty pleased with what you downloaded!

Edit: at least for one season.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Nickoten posted:

I think you'll be pretty pleased with what you downloaded!

Edit: at least for one season.

How does it get worse after season one? Don't you get the mech in season 2?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
All of your upgrades are reset at each season start, and when you die, it resets you back to the start of the season, or you can use coins to start at the level start, minus all your upgrades (which will be somewhere in the level).

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
There's a game mode that lets you restart the level instead of the season when you die.

Unless they never patched that into the console one, I guess.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Played Broforce; it sucks. Played Galak-Z; it sucks as well. Here's hoping for next month.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Katana Gomai posted:

Played Broforce; it sucks. Played Galak-Z; it sucks as well. Here's hoping for next month.

It sucks.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Pre-complaining about April 2016 PS+ offerings in this post.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lemon-Lime posted:

There's a game mode that lets you restart the level instead of the season when you die.

Unless they never patched that into the console one, I guess.

They didn't :(

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

That sucks. :(

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I dunno, other than the controller bug, Broforce is pretty fun, imo. They need to fix that controller bug though

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
Broforce is fun as hell.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

BadAstronaut posted:

Pre-complaining about April 2016 PS+ offerings in this post.
You think April's gonna suck, well wait til you see May

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

Willo567 posted:

How does it get worse after season one? Don't you get the mech in season 2?

I still haven't played season two, but people say the mission design tanks somehow? I dunno.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

homeless snail posted:

You think April's gonna suck, well wait til you see May

May has NOTHING on June, holy poo poo. I'm probably just going to pawn my PS4.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

May has NOTHING on June, holy poo poo. I'm probably just going to pawn my PS4.

This is probably a good idea, because I hear the July offering is just gonna brick your console.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
This year I've only played Grim Fandango, all the other ps+ offerings have been severely lacking imho.

Probably won't renew my sub since I don't play anything online anymore.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I've just realised I don't care how good PS plus games are because I always instantly go back to Rocket League anyway.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nickoten posted:

I still haven't played season two, but people say the mission design tanks somehow? I dunno.

no its just exactly the same but with a new tileset and a new badguy faction added on top of the other 2 and greater numbers and more advanced ships for all factions

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I realize people are going to complain about PS+ no matter what, but can we at least agree no one cares whether you are canceling your service or not?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I care

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
we will not know that we have another Good™ month of PS+ until those detractors and holdouts come in and tell us they finally decided to resub.

by which I mean when we finally get GOTY Knack

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Mithaldu posted:

All of your upgrades are reset at each season start, and when you die, it resets you back to the start of the season, or you can use coins to start at the level start, minus all your upgrades (which will be somewhere in the level).

this is all good tho

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

my one criticism is that if anything dying should start you back at season 1

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Galak Z is pretty fun so far. The character models are...um...weird looking. But I dig that I can see my guy's face while I fly around and it does stuff when I do stuff, it's immersive.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Stux posted:

my one criticism is that if anything dying should start you back at season 1

You have gone too far this time, Stux.

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate

Montalvo posted:

I've just realised I don't care how good PS plus games are because I always instantly go back to Rocket League anyway.

I'm still paying OlliOlli2 for the daily challenge leaderboards.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

kirbysuperstar posted:

You have gone too far this time, Stux.

i like my rogue likes heavy on the rogue

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

Broforce is fun as hell.

You're not lying. My roommate and I decided to give it a go today, and it was a blast. The only problem was that the game apparently likes to briefly pause controller input from time to time, and that's pretty annoying since it usually means one or both of us get killed.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Stux posted:

i like my rogue likes heavy on the rogue

And yet sending you back to the start of the game doesn't work in a game like Galak-Z where unpredictable physics/enemy reactions can gently caress up your gameplan. It's not a turn-based Rogue clone.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

MisterAlex posted:

You're not lying. My roommate and I decided to give it a go today, and it was a blast. The only problem was that the game apparently likes to briefly pause controller input from time to time, and that's pretty annoying since it usually means one or both of us get killed.

As far as I can can the bug will always occur about 3 seconds after a stage's start and very rarely, if ever, after. So the solution is to stay still for four seconds at the start, which is sometimes infeasible, but there you go.

Dr.Cthulhu
Jan 19, 2005

Earache! Earache!
Cthulhu Fatigue!
This may sound incredibly stupid but I can't figure out for the life of me how to local co-op in Broforce :geno:

edit: In the join screen, hitting square on the second controller does nothing since it isn't 'on' and hitting the ps button simply disconnects the other controller.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

Lemon-Lime posted:

And yet sending you back to the start of the game doesn't work in a game like Galak-Z where unpredictable physics/enemy reactions can gently caress up your gameplan. It's not a turn-based Rogue clone.

Space-lunky

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
I haven't played Spelunky much, so: Do enemy projectiles usually come from off-screen in Spelunky? (They also can come from any direction in Galak-Z, but i know Spelunky doesn't have that.)

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

Dr.Cthulhu posted:

This may sound incredibly stupid but I can't figure out for the life of me how to local co-op in Broforce :geno:

edit: In the join screen, hitting square on the second controller does nothing since it isn't 'on' and hitting the ps button simply disconnects the other controller.

I think you turn the second controller on, then when it asks for who is using it, you choose "Guest"? Then you have a second controller on the same account.

Yes this is dumb.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Dr.Cthulhu posted:

Don't the controllers have to be assigned to particular players? So if you turn on a second one, but assign it to the player who uses the first controller now, it'll disable that. So you have to assign the second controller to a Guest or other account, if there's one set up on your PS4.

at least that's how it's supposed to work, I think.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Szurumbur posted:

As far as I can can the bug will always occur about 3 seconds after a stage's start and very rarely, if ever, after. So the solution is to stay still for four seconds at the start, which is sometimes infeasible, but there you go.
Nah, we definitely had pauses mid-level, too. It seemed to happen more when there was a lot going on on-screen.

shmee posted:

I think you turn the second controller on, then when it asks for who is using it, you choose "Guest"? Then you have a second controller on the same account.

Yes this is dumb.
It isn't dumb. I started the game, and then we turned on a second controller. My roommate selected his own login, and his progress was tracked and stored to his own account. His earned trophies apply to his PSN account rather than mine or nobody's. Also, for games like Helldivers where there's account-based DLC, visiting a friend's home and signing in with my account grants access to my purchased add-ons.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

*inhales large volume of air* GetGood

Faux Mulder
Aug 1, 2014

just gonna do whatever I want to do, all the time

Mithaldu posted:

I haven't played Spelunky much, so: Do enemy projectiles usually come from off-screen in Spelunky? (They also can come from any direction in Galak-Z, but i know Spelunky doesn't have that.)

It does happen since the whole level is simulated all the time in Spelunky, e.g. you can throw a rock, set off a dart trap off-screen and the dart will traverse the entire level until it hits something. Normally enemy projectiles have a limited range, though, and things like dart or crush traps only activate when something moves in a certain radius which is less than the screen size.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

I think I've asked the developers on twitter about that once a month since like November and they always say "it's almost done" and they couldn't even finish the loving game in time for its PS Plus release.

• Locked thread