Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
He will be joining the splinter guild as splinter buttes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Valencia has been launched on Russia, 5 months after the release.

Macha
Mar 6, 2016
Oh another question, will there be server transfers?

A few of my friends chose the Uno server. I want to play with goons.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Hmm I caught some fish called a Porgy that says it's worth 21000... that for something special?

I saw something that it was Legendary and maybe for some quest, but the sites that had it were defunct and only Google remains.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

So what's the endgame? Pvp and crafting?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Re: production energy costs. I went to check Russia this morning since I haven't done no purposedful crafting there, thus remembering little of it, and they do have energy costs on production as well. Looks like they did intially complain about it for a week, but then it died off. Apparently, developers didn't like how fast the trade skills have developed in other regions, or something like that.

Lyer posted:

So what's the endgame? Pvp and crafting?
Yeah.

Macha
Mar 6, 2016
loving chinagame won't accept my credit card.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

My immersion. :qq:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Ah I'm glad I turned off region chat on day 1. I knew they'd be showing up eventually.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Guess we better disable all text communication!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

kalstrams posted:

My immersion. :qq:

I really wish there were some statistics on this stuff. Like I want to see how many services exist across MMOs that promise to power level and sell in-game items and currency for real money. They all seem like fly by night operations that don't last very long. Are there any real big and successful gold selling services anymore? I remember back in the early vanilla WoW days there use to be.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

All the ones that advertise in game are there to steal your loving card number. Legit chinaman leveling/currency sellers dont do that poo poo, they'll give you what you want but also steal your credit card soooo

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I said come in! posted:

I really wish there were some statistics on this stuff. Like I want to see how many services exist across MMOs that promise to power level and sell in-game items and currency for real money. They all seem like fly by night operations that don't last very long. Are there any real big and successful gold selling services anymore? I remember back in the early vanilla WoW days there use to be.
Big and successful MMORPG services providers are mostly private these days, as far as strictly indisputable ToS violations go.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Ah I'm glad I turned off region chat on day 1. I knew they'd be showing up eventually.

It was a pretty poo poo channel before the spammers came along anyway.

Luffles
Jul 25, 2007

The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Well the game was supposed to be something akin to EVE but after the developers created a bunch of intricate PvP and economical features something happen (Daum), and they completely neutered both for the sake of not hurting people. The economy now is hard coded, player have even less of an impact on it than in a game like Elite Dangerous.

e-Actually thats a lie, both elite and this have a similar npc trade system.

Is there any chance of this being 'fixed' in an update?

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Third World Reggin posted:

Get gathering or processing to beginner 9 and there is a dwarf between velia and heidel who will give you a chain that ends in a bed.

Grondoth posted:

He don't give that poo poo away for FREE man.

Uh, there IS a quest from the dwarf in the northern guard camp that ends up with you getting a bed. I forget how the chain goes, but it's the guy who wants you to grind up stone for him, and he tells you to talk to someone in Hiedel about settling down.

you two have saved my life, and I am eternally grateful

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

So Ferry means a ROW BOAT?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I got to witness master at work:

:eonwe:

Luffles posted:

Is there any chance of this being 'fixed' in an update?
PvP will get some improvements, and may get even more, but I'll be surprised if they redo the economy.

Luffles
Jul 25, 2007

The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame

kalstrams posted:

PvP will get some improvements, and may get even more, but I'll be surprised if they redo the economy.

I found a thread on the main forums where they're asking for advice on the PVP system, I wonder if it will have any real impact.

It feels like everything is in the game for a solid PVP/sandbox/emergent gameplay system they just need to flip the switch.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Luffles posted:

I found a thread on the main forums where they're asking for advice on the PVP system, I wonder if it will have any real impact.

It feels like everything is in the game for a solid PVP/sandbox/emergent gameplay system they just need to flip the switch.
There are planned improvements as par of the Korean course of the development but yeah, Koreans conservatively frown upon PvP systems that allow reasonable extent of player fuckery, so we have to cross fingers that fucktard idiot mass consciousness of the pub do not go against the hair and let Daum loosen the screws on the open world PvP.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm about to leave the starting town at level 11 and the node management/trading is what's most fascinating to me right now! How deep does this rabbit-hole go? Can I be a regular trade baron by investing in workers and houses and nodes?

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

Pierson posted:

I'm about to leave the starting town at level 11 and the node management/trading is what's most fascinating to me right now! How deep does this rabbit-hole go? Can I be a regular trade baron by investing in workers and houses and nodes?

Yes! You just need to do some quests to gain more contribution, so you can invest into more nodes and workers.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Man I signed up like 3 hours ago and they still havent sent me my activation email, on 2 seperate gmail accounts.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

queeb posted:

Man I signed up like 3 hours ago and they still havent sent me my activation email, on 2 seperate gmail accounts.

There wasn't an activation e-mail for me, my account just had access to the game in a few minutes. Check your account page on the official site. You'll have a download link.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

why won't the otterman at the docks in velia buy my fish like he did in CBT2? where the hell do i sell these stupid drat fish?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

why won't the otterman at the docks in velia buy my fish like he did in CBT2? where the hell do i sell these stupid drat fish?
Dry them first.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
The trader dudes buy fish, for maximum profit fish and sell at opposite ends of your node network.

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Sigh...challenge accepted...shitty photoshop incoming.

kalstrams posted:

The economy is a hard rigged system mostly outside of player influence.

Wrong wrong wrong. you can control the economy, you just need a lot of capital. posting a lot of items at max price and buying out those lower raises the lower and max price, so short term loss long term gain. look at weapon stones. that was almost entirely done by the guild im in(if you were on edan when they reached 600k)

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

queeb posted:

There is no activation email. You have to go to the official BDO website and go to your account setting or whatever and you will see an Activate button.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ffycchi posted:

Wrong wrong wrong. you can control the economy, you just need a lot of capital. posting a lot of items at max price and buying out those lower raises the lower and max price, so short term loss long term gain. look at weapon stones. that was almost entirely done by the guild im in(if you were on edan when they reached 600k)

kalstrams posted:

The economy is a hard rigged system mostly outside of player influence.
It is almost as if we both are saying the exact same thing, wow. 'Hard rigged' means that you can not set arbitrary pricing, and 'mostly outside of player influence' means that casual player can not effortlessly affect the market.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Ffycchi posted:

That's an item that was already in the 6-digit price range.

Some of the prices set by the system are completely batshit insane and would have to be raised by 300% or much more to be worth the effort of producing to sell.
On the opposite end of the spectrum, I'm selling individual Seeds for 200k that I can easily multiply with almost no effort, energy, or skill.

Gotta feel sorry for those poor bastards going to sell their bronze tools they slaved over only to find the game has set an arbitrary price valuing them only slightly above garbage.

LegalPad fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Mar 6, 2016

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Are character slots on this global or per server?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

kalstrams posted:

I also talked constantly about how bad BDO is, wasting my energy, but also wasting the energy of a lot of other people

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Eonwe posted:

I also talked constantly about how bad BDO is, wasting my energy, but also wasting the energy of a lot of other people

I might have to turn world chat back on.

kosbabii
Dec 25, 2010
Any spare guest passes up for grabs?

I wanna know if this game will click with me, MMOs I've not gotten bored of in the past include FFXIV and old Runescape.
I'd appreciate it a tonne, don't wanna drop £24 on this just yet.

Cheers!

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

TomCostello posted:

Any spare guest passes up for grabs?

I wanna know if this game will click with me, MMOs I've not gotten bored of in the past include FFXIV and old Runescape.
I'd appreciate it a tonne, don't wanna drop £24 on this just yet.

Cheers!

Black Desert - Goon Guest Pass Parade

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Zarcnest posted:

There is no activation email. You have to go to the official BDO website and go to your account setting or whatever and you will see an Activate button.

but I cant log into the website to buy the game, it says im not activated

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
so is this energy refillable via the cash shop? or is it time only?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Blazing Zero posted:

The two energy recovering items available are available only for loyalty points, which you get 100 per day per account, if you remember to log in. 100L (1 day) nets you 5 Energy Tonics (15 energy each), 1000L nets you Blessing of Kamasilve (Energy Recovery +2 for 1 day).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Blazing Zero posted:

You can also pass out in a bed and either double or triple your energy recovery, based on how good your bed is. Sometimes I sleep for a good 30 minutes after tuckering myself out talking to dwarves.