Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

Mraagvpeine posted:

Wait, so Toriko and Starjun are twins?

Starjun gets his Demon's twin as well, just like Toriko has two himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

And they all die of botulism.
The end

KoB
May 1, 2009
Komatsu's demon looks cool.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Is the metal fluid looking demon, on the far left, Melk the second?

I hope Komatsu's demon isn't implied to be some historical legend, but instead something new that is evolving with him.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Spiderdrake posted:

I hope Komatsu's demon isn't implied to be some historical legend, but instead something new that is evolving with him.

That is Sunnys hair.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Spiderdrake posted:

The Most Powerful Demon is one the can cook as well as eat!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

AtomikKrab posted:

That is Sunnys hair.
I seriously stared at it for a good minute or two and that never occurred to me. He looks so shiny!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Spiderdrake posted:

I seriously stared at it for a good minute or two and that never occurred to me. He looks so shiny!

I'm sure Sunny would appreciate the compliment to his hair (demon)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I've looked a couple of times for tommyrod and not seen him. What am i missing

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Literally Kermit posted:

The Most Powerful Demon is one the can cook as well as eat!
No, it is the one that can cook itself and eat itself.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Good backstory on the demons. Also ahahha there better be something amazing inside that loving can.

I thought that a few chapters back it was being foreshadowed that there are three demons inside toriko, but I wonder now if one of them was actually Sarjun's demon?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
If there's one thing that's disappointed me about the recent chapters, it's that like all of Acacia's main course are just gelatinous blobs. They're eating the seafood dish with a spoon come on

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

dragon enthusiast posted:

If there's one thing that's disappointed me about the recent chapters, it's that like all of Acacia's main course are just gelatinous blobs. They're eating the seafood dish with a spoon come on

That's a good fish dish if you can eat it with a spoon.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Looks like there really is another one: http://readms.com/r/toriko/362/3286/1

alkanphel fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Mar 10, 2016

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Like some kind of gourmet clown car.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

What, no Brazzers logo?

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

alkanphel posted:

Looks like there really is another one: http://readms.com/r/toriko/362/3286/1

Woot.

Was this another fake spoiler or does someone just make these for fun?

e: also lol at "Bizzh" in the lower left. Is that actually Japanese?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
It's Japanese, just complete coincidence that it looks like pronounceable English

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

Yeah that's just a regular boring old "pururun~" in hiragana.

Nice that everyone's full courses are getting updated again. Feels like old times before it got all shouneny all up in here.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Shonen implies generic which this poo poo certainly is not.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Toriko 363

Don Slime :ohdear:

Cody Banks
Mar 7, 2013
So are they going to go to space and train or what? Earth is pretty much hosed barring some asspull Komatsu shenanigans.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
In a series about ridiculous power creep, I really like how the strongest fighting technique is just really simply walking up to you and eating you no matter what!

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Simoom posted:

In a series about ridiculous power creep, I really like how the strongest fighting technique is just really simply walking up to you and eating you no matter what!

Claymore was the same way with the eating slaves or w/e they were called. Just send hundreds of them at an enemy and they'll eventually eat it away completely(aside from the true final boss)

Anyway, I haven't read Toriko in a long time, and I know it was generally body terrifying, but this feels like Junji Ito levels of terror

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Neo is still really creepy :stare:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Don Slime using JRPG final boss attacks :blessed:

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Postal Parcel posted:

Claymore was the same way with the eating slaves or w/e they were called. Just send hundreds of them at an enemy and they'll eventually eat it away completely(aside from the true final boss)

Anyway, I haven't read Toriko in a long time, and I know it was generally body terrifying, but this feels like Junji Ito levels of terror

Yeah, I thought this manga was about food and cooking. Turns out, it is a Lovercraftian cosmic horror story. I mean, Neo is not the only monster. Lest we forget, that the main characters also hosts world-devouring demons inside their bodies.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Does that mean every food demon is a literal cosmic horror in the series?

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

Shugojin posted:

Neo is still really creepy :stare:

Feed me

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Annointed posted:

Does that mean every food demon is a literal cosmic horror in the series?

Pretty much.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

AtomikKrab posted:

Pretty much.

Well that retroactively makes everything seem more identifiable. Makes more sense why most are scared of food demons and why Gourmet World is ridiculous. The animals/plants just don't have any fucks left to give when every other resident dusts planets with a neck flex.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Annointed posted:

Well that retroactively makes everything seem more identifiable. Makes more sense why most are scared of food demons and why Gourmet World is ridiculous. The animals/plants just don't have any fucks left to give when every other resident dusts planets with a neck flex.

So all this intmidation and magical food power is the same as looking cthulu and going insane.

Torikoborn:
People from all over came to YharnamGourmet World to taste of their miraculous delicious food, and in taking part became lodged in a never ending cycle of intergalactic predation.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Also note that Toriko has 3 demons in him, and the weakest is that Ogre who got mentioned as being on par with the other 3 kings demons. Like gently caress we knew about blue boy but who is this new rear end in a top hat who is apparently so powerful that torikos body would explode because it is too weak.

With the knowledge that there are other planets and in fact more universes with a shitload of deliciousness in them... will the series continue beyond NEO?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

If we don't go Tenga Topping Gourmet Lasagna I will severly disappointed with this series.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

The rotation of the galaxy...it's like a giant blender, making the universe into a smoothie!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Green Intern posted:

The rotation of the galaxy...it's like a giant blender, making the universe into a smoothie!

I would 100% believe this if it was a spoiler

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Green Intern posted:

Nah, it's too slow to be a blender. It's the stirring of a grand galactic pot, making sure all of the ingredients are mixed as it slowly cooks and ripens.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
http://readms.com/r/toriko/364/3311/1?t=1&f=0 that was brutal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

(Chomp)

• Locked thread