Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Shoujo Apocalypse Adventure

A slice of life series with a bit of Nihei to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

but is that a boy, or a girl

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The Hungry Caterpillar

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Is this by the Bobobo artist?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Dabir posted:

not according to MangaUpdates. they've just done Nekowappa! and the one Sharky posted, Pochi Kuro

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Got a similar look to it.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
BugCat-Capoo is very cute

(and sometimes pretty weird)

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

everything has a destiny. should you accept that or live life as you want?

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Kekkonshite mo Koshiteru

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

josei horror comedy shorts. think franken fran. lots of gore, lots of nudity

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

But that guy's wearing trousers.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
The Japanese call them 「ローング ショーツ」, or "long shorts."

Syritta
Jun 28, 2012

Dabir posted:

His wife.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

You should be reading plastic neesan

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Silly japanese, that's not how you eat corn.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Pavlov posted:

Silly japanese, that's not how you eat corn.

look at those eyes

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Shishunki Bitter Change

This is an interesting one. It's a shojo drama/romcom...5koma(?), but it starts off with an elementary school boy falling out of a tree and hitting heads with an elementary school girl, swapping bodies. They agree to meet up the following day to figure out how to fix it, and do so. Except...they can't fix it. And time goes on. And then they move on to middle school. And then to high school, and they may never switch back. It's an interesting take on the gender-bender type of series, and has zero fanservice.

My one complaint is the translator is creepy and adds gross little fake translations at the end of some the chapters, but that's not reflective of the series itself, at least.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Bitter Change is v. good, and the only worthwhile body swap manga i've ever found. I only have two small problems with it.

1. The translators don't scanlate the magazine scans, only the finished volumes, so you have to wait an agonizing half a year between chapter batches
2. I wish the mangaka was better / more efficient at paneling so they could fit more story into each chapter, i need mooooore

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

Captain Invictus posted:

Shishunki Bitter Change

This is an interesting one. It's a shojo drama/romcom...5koma(?), but it starts off with an elementary school boy falling out of a tree and hitting heads with an elementary school girl, swapping bodies. They agree to meet up the following day to figure out how to fix it, and do so. Except...they can't fix it. And time goes on. And then they move on to middle school. And then to high school, and they may never switch back. It's an interesting take on the gender-bender type of series, and has zero fanservice.

This is real good

edit: what the hell 6 months until the next volume?

archduke.iago fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Mar 7, 2016

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Davincie posted:

josei horror comedy shorts. think franken fran. lots of gore, lots of nudity

Binged this this morning despite it being nothing like I usually would touch. Bizarre, grotesque, surreal, and utterly fascinating. Thanks.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
ULTRA HEAVEN

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Groundless.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Sharkopath posted:

Groundless.

But what are they lying on then

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
But what are they lying o- drat it how did you beat me to that one

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
There's only one thing it could be. Astroturf.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The author who also does The Magician's Bride(mahou tsukai no yome) is making a more typical romance series as well, about a high schooler who gets together with a college graduate and they agree to marry once he's out of high school. It's super sweet so long as you're not offended by those sorts of romances. I like all the characters in it, even if some may not be good people themselves, and it's just really cute most of the time.

quote:

Kanako is a young woman who is running an old book store. One day, a customer comes in who shares her taste in books. He's a teenager named Akio, and he and Kanako quickly find that their taste in books is only the first of many ways that they fit together well. Kanako immediately realizes she wants to be with him, and soon blurts out awkward things, like proposals of marriage and cohabitation. Despite their different ages and their awkwardness, it seems like their relationship has the potential to grow into something beautiful.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
this hasnt been translated since 2011 and is still being published (last volume, 3, was published in 2009?). which is why i've never started it

Relin fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Mar 8, 2016

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Sharkopath posted:

Groundless.

the art is really cute for a manga about a horrible war

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the secret history of the mongolian horse from genghis khan to henry ford, not for the faint of heart

Davincie fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 12, 2016

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.

Fellis posted:

the art is really cute for a manga about a horrible war

I knew this reminded me of something. This is like an Advance Wars manga.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Davincie posted:

the secret history of the mongolian horse from genghis khan to henry ford, not for the faint of heart

Man what the hell did I just read

NAME REDACTED
Dec 22, 2010

That Works posted:

Man what the hell did I just read

It's a work by Kago Shintaro, which explained a lot when I realised it.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Davincie posted:

Please note that this is by far not the weirdest thing in that manga.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Davincie posted:

This is loving great.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

'

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Odd title.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

HenryEx posted:

Bitter Change is v. good, and the only worthwhile body swap manga i've ever found. I only have two small problems with it.

1. The translators don't scanlate the magazine scans, only the finished volumes, so you have to wait an agonizing half a year between chapter batches
2. I wish the mangaka was better / more efficient at paneling so they could fit more story into each chapter, i need mooooore

It's really good but I kinda would've liked it more if the focus was spread on the two protagonists a bit more instead of 'dude solves problems'.

Still like it, though.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Anatharon posted:

Odd title.

author's in the last image

kids imagine a lot of things.....

OR DO THEY??

no gore or anything, just josei feels

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Anyone know which websites have this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
This series showed up on Kissmanga's recent updates a bit ago, Spotted Flower

A tale of a hardcore otaku and his pregnant wife.

The wife, she just wants to get some, but the husband, he's a weenie.

Series is NWS, but it's adorable and funny most of the time.

• Locked thread