Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Lady Naga posted:

FWIW Teemo support is a surprisingly common occurance in very low ELO normals. In general "support" in low ELO normals means "I wanted to play solo but other people got the lanes first so now I have to take Exhaust on Nidalee and complain the entire time" but for some reason people love duo-botting with Teemo.

Probably because you're doing blind pick. It becomes a lot less common once you do Dyanmic Queue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Daemonlasher posted:

Sweet, what's your IGN? I'll add you and ask for skype at some point, I can't do it this week (3 papers + midterm) but I will be starting up the following week. And it's all free of charge since I'm just starting up streaming and trying to get peeps to come hang out.

I'm KillGoldfish, I added you a while back when we were temporary teammates in that disaster of a goon tournament

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Daemonlasher posted:

Sweet, what's your IGN? I'll add you and ask for skype at some point, I can't do it this week (3 papers + midterm) but I will be starting up the following week. And it's all free of charge since I'm just starting up streaming and trying to get peeps to come hang out.

Hi I'm theladynaga please teach me how to get out of normals hell.

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Probably because you're doing blind pick. It becomes a lot less common once you do Dyanmic Queue.
Dynamic Queue normals suck because it's all parties making GBS threads on solos.

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013

Lady Naga posted:

Hi I'm theladynaga please teach me how to get out of normals hell.

Dynamic Queue normals suck because it's all parties making GBS threads on solos.

I really liked dynamic when it first came out...as an idea it's great, but I am rapidly changing my mind as I get matched up as the odd man with a 4-man team and then get poo poo talked the entire game in chat.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I need some adc and mid coaching

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I would like some top coaching, put me on the list!

IGN is Steven Pardon

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?
Wow didn't expect this much interest so quickly, I'll put you guys all down and contact you at a further time, looking forward to it!

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
You know mine. Coach me but not with Lux.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

I will read this when I have time. I love you pog boyfriend I hope this is funny and educational at the same time.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Methanar posted:

So I bought subway friday night and didn't tip.

Should I have tipped my sandwich artist?

Don't tip anyone ever it's a stupid stupid thing.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Daemonlasher posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMsgXYneolY

Champ is pretty horrible though to be honest, all of her power comes from fighting around her tentacles and once people realize that she loses all her fighting capabilities outside of a massive ult. With no tricks to avoid/soak up CC she gets kited super easily.

Out of curiosity would anyone be interested in free coaching / replay reviews? I'm starting up streaming again and setting a more relaxed schedule so I don't feel burnt out, going to do something called teacher Tuesdays/ and maybe thursday, looking to probably stream 3 times a week for now until I get into the groove of things (also school keeps me busy). On Tuesdays I can spend something like 2-3 hours doing 1 to 1 coaching and then spend an hour or so teaching general concepts for everyone else in the stream. If anyone has any ideas please feel free to shoot! For people interested, I can cover any role except jungle up to Diamond, jungle is the only role I really don't play (I mean I can try, it just probably won't be as useful as an actual jungler teaching you.)

Will you be recording/streaming/uploading all of the coaching and general teaching? Also plug your stream so I can find it.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Daemonlasher posted:

Wow didn't expect this much interest so quickly, I'll put you guys all down and contact you at a further time, looking forward to it!

I would like some general coaching as I have some problems WITH THE JUNGLER, my enemy, as well as turning laning success into game winning success. my ign is ultrarobi

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Mikujin posted:

Don't tip anyone ever it's a stupid stupid thing.

I have never tipped once in my life.

When I was a forklift driver though a nice lady did try to tip me 5 bucks for loading her a pallet of softening salt so well.

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?

BigLeafyTree posted:

Will you be recording/streaming/uploading all of the coaching and general teaching? Also plug your stream so I can find it.

I will be streaming all of the coaching / general lessons, if I can figure out how to cut chunks out of my stream and upload them to youtube then that'll save me a lot of time / effort. If I can't figure that out because im a big dumby, I'll be doing more prepared versions of general teaching on youtube. Stream can be found at twitch.tv/daemonlasher

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Daemonlasher posted:

I will be streaming all of the coaching / general lessons, if I can figure out how to cut chunks out of my stream and upload them to youtube then that'll save me a lot of time / effort. If I can't figure that out because im a big dumby, I'll be doing more prepared versions of general teaching on youtube. Stream can be found at twitch.tv/daemonlasher

If you want to learn how to cut your video and stuff go check out this thread in the LP sub forum

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3590713

It lists all the programs Goons recommend for video editing for LP's, which is basically what this is. Also a guide on how to stream with OBS which can be set to record at the same time for YouTube; and guides on working with Audio.

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?

Gridlocked posted:

If you want to learn how to cut your video and stuff go check out this thread in the LP sub forum

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3590713

It lists all the programs Goons recommend for video editing for LP's, which is basically what this is. Also a guide on how to stream with OBS which can be set to record at the same time for YouTube; and guides on working with Audio.

Am using OBS, my only concern with recording / uploading to YouTube is hard drive space usage, Ideally I'd be able to have the the stream VOD on twitch and cut segments for YouTube videos from there.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Alternatively give me the footage and I'll cut it for you because I have too much time on my hands.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Daemonlasher posted:

Am using OBS, my only concern with recording / uploading to YouTube is hard drive space usage, Ideally I'd be able to have the the stream VOD on twitch and cut segments for YouTube videos from there.

Like drive space will be a thing no matter what really. If you wanna edit on your PC and get it right for YouTube you will need to chew up some space. Of course you can delete the raw/un-compressed footage after you are done uploading.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Daemonlasher posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMsgXYneolY

Champ is pretty horrible though to be honest, all of her power comes from fighting around her tentacles and once people realize that she loses all her fighting capabilities outside of a massive ult. With no tricks to avoid/soak up CC she gets kited super easily.

Out of curiosity would anyone be interested in free coaching / replay reviews? I'm starting up streaming again and setting a more relaxed schedule so I don't feel burnt out, going to do something called teacher Tuesdays/ and maybe thursday, looking to probably stream 3 times a week for now until I get into the groove of things (also school keeps me busy). On Tuesdays I can spend something like 2-3 hours doing 1 to 1 coaching and then spend an hour or so teaching general concepts for everyone else in the stream. If anyone has any ideas please feel free to shoot! For people interested, I can cover any role except jungle up to Diamond, jungle is the only role I really don't play (I mean I can try, it just probably won't be as useful as an actual jungler teaching you.)

I'd also be interested in hanging out with you and getting some coaching if you know anything about support.

In other news, I'm 7-0 with Morgana support now. I have climbed out of the hell that is Bronze 5 into the hell that is Bronze 4, and even won a game in B4 so I have a bit of wiggle room now. Seriously guys, PLAY MORGANA BEFORE SHE GETS NERFED. Get Frostfang first back, sightstone, zonhyas, swiftys, zzrot, frozenheart/locket and just win. I win by zzrot most of the time.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Morg isn't getting nerfed

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Morgana is pretty much raw concentrated freelo in bronze because she has an extremely generous skillshot that CCs a target long enough for even the worst player to hit them until they die, hth

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?

ungulateman posted:

Morgana is pretty much raw concentrated freelo in bronze because she has an extremely generous skillshot that CCs a target long enough for even the worst player to hit them until they die, hth

Morg is freelo all the way up in Diamond too. Can play her into match ups like Zed mid and neuter the opponents laning phase while providing excellent utility in team fights. Champion farms exceptionally well, has a very safe laning pattern and punishes aggression while she's able to take the occasional pot shot when it's safe to do so.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I'd also be interested in hanging out with you and getting some coaching if you know anything about support.

In other news, I'm 7-0 with Morgana support now. I have climbed out of the hell that is Bronze 5 into the hell that is Bronze 4, and even won a game in B4 so I have a bit of wiggle room now. Seriously guys, PLAY MORGANA BEFORE SHE GETS NERFED. Get Frostfang first back, sightstone, zonhyas, swiftys, zzrot, frozenheart/locket and just win. I win by zzrot most of the time.

I usually fill to make my queue times bearable, so I play a fair amount (a lot) of support. It's a little different at your mmr because often your ADC is so poo poo you need to take things into your own hands but that play style is not always fitting when playing against competent opponents. Will gladly give you some coaching though ^^

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
e:

Gridlocked posted:

You should stream now Daemonlasher; I need something cool to watch over lunch.

Unfortunately I have a paper due in 2 hours and another 2 pages to write else I would do a test run.

Daemonlasher fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Mar 7, 2016

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
You should stream now Daemonlasher; I need something cool to watch over lunch.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Daemonlasher posted:

Morg is freelo all the way up in Diamond too. Can play her into match ups like Zed mid and neuter the opponents laning phase while providing excellent utility in team fights. Champion farms exceptionally well, has a very safe laning pattern and punishes aggression while she's able to take the occasional pot shot when it's safe to do so.

I usually fill to make my queue times bearable, so I play a fair amount (a lot) of support. It's a little different at your mmr because often your ADC is so poo poo you need to take things into your own hands but that play style is not always fitting when playing against competent opponents. Will gladly give you some coaching though ^^

I'm pretty aggressive early to get those q-w so my ADC can get kills. I really need advice on when/where to ward. I try to ward river and their bottom jungle exits early and later I try to ward whatever jungle I think they're gonna come from. Top if we're pushing top and bot if we're pushing bot. My biggest problem is I have no idea how to play from behind, and I tilt really easily when I get behind and get hyper aggressive to make up for being behind and fall further behind.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
If you are behind, don't play aggressive. Let the enemy be aggressive and make mistakes that you can capitalise on.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Daemonlasher posted:

Unfortunately I have a paper due in 2 hours and another 2 pages to write else I would do a test run.

Well I have followed you on Twitch, I will endeavor to support a Goons stream.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Daemonlasher posted:

I will also toss my hat in for some learnin'. Saffronspider ingame. I look forward to week after next!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I haven't seen Vi in ages.

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?

Tired Moritz posted:

I haven't seen Vi in ages.

Current meta champs involve very strong disengage built into their kits as competitively the game can be decided by one mistake at 30 minutes. Vi is a champion that flourishes in skirmishes, not team fights, and as such it's not so much her viability (kekekekek) and much more the types of champions she has to play against. Sivir/Morg are very strong champions and overall make her life very miserable. There's obviously a larger list of poo poo she is unhappy to see but that's just a glance at it.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

rabidsquid posted:

Morg isn't getting nerfed

She's literally a below average support which is what makes her much stronger mid play basically safe from nerfs for the foreseeable future (see also: Annie).

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

SaffronKit posted:

I will also toss my hat in for some learnin'. Saffronspider ingame. I look forward to week after next!

Daemonlasher posted:

Like I'd happily sign up to but I'm in OCE so maybe a bit hard for you to be around, also my upload rate would suck for screen sharing cause Australian Internet Mate.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

was playing some hots, some guy adds me after a game (hes muted so he cant talk ingame)

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?

Gridlocked posted:

Like I'd happily sign up to but I'm in OCE so maybe a bit hard for you to be around, also my upload rate would suck for screen sharing cause Australian Internet Mate.

Tuesdays I essentially have the entire day off, so thats a potential 14 hour time frame (12PM-2AM EST, trying NOT to stay up to 3-5AM every day) and I can do a review of a replay and perhaps a VOD of that would help.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Daemonlasher posted:

Tuesdays I essentially have the entire day off, so thats a potential 14 hour time frame (12PM-2AM EST, trying NOT to stay up to 3-5AM every day) and I can do a review of a replay and perhaps a VOD of that would help.

That would be neat and I'd happily let you stream it so you can practice in front of a live audience. I don't mind people knowing I'm poo poo.

Could organise something on Tuesdays though.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Lately I've been matched a lot with people who are queuing with what I assume to be their friends, but like...They're not using voice comm together? So they refer to each other by first names in game chat and it's really weird and awkward. I don't want to know the names of megafeeders I might feel bad for hating them with a burning passion!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I wonder if you can mute them

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

At least you haven't had to dodge ADC Yi, ADC Quinn, and Top Ahri

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Lady Naga posted:

Lately I've been matched a lot with people who are queuing with what I assume to be their friends, but like...They're not using voice comm together? So they refer to each other by first names in game chat and it's really weird and awkward. I don't want to know the names of megafeeders I might feel bad for hating them with a burning passion!

"lol tim why do you keep diving?"
"i just wanna 1v1 him lololol"
"look at our trash Lady Naga so bad she died once"
"did you get an invite to beth's birthday? gonna be mad"
"yeah lol im taking vodka cruisers"

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

rabidsquid posted:

I wonder if you can mute them

I've muted everyone on my team in solo queue since the beginning of season 5, and the situations you can run into in dynamic just give me even more justification.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Arrgytehpirate posted:

At least you haven't had to dodge ADC Yi, ADC Quinn, and Top Ahri

Outside of ADC Yi I probably wouldn't dodge those, but then again I'm in Silver 4 so playing the proper/meta champions for a role is probably much less of a factor than the coin flip to see if the toxic feeder is on your team or the enemy team this game

• Locked thread