Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Harmburger posted:

Right, I'm saying it's due to mods. The guy having problems with crashes was using a ton of them.

Oh. I'm silly.

Yeah coming out of TES modding to me modding a game is almost equivalent to having it crash over and over for nebulous reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Archenteron posted:

Can we talk for a moment about the gypsy hippo? It's a cool-rear end hippo.

It's a pig

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Coolguye posted:

It's a pig

Just rain on his parade why don't you, jerk.

Speaking of the caravan, anyone got a schedule for her being in town?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Coolguye posted:

they gypsy lady is the best

why yes, i would like to buy an ancient seed for 900 gp

I found one of those in a worm spot; do I have to give it to Gunther first before I can grow them? Or can I just plant it whenever?

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Wow am I so ready for Winter to be over

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

I found one of those in a worm spot; do I have to give it to Gunther first before I can grow them? Or can I just plant it whenever?

You need to donate it to Gunther first, then you'll receive both a plantable seed and a recipe to make more for when you find more ancient seed artifacts.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Ulvirich posted:

fridays and sundays

Princey
Mar 22, 2013

Kyrosiris posted:

Yes, give it to Gunther and in exchange he'll give you the plantable version and a recipe to make more if you happen to dig up more ancient seeds.

Edit: Beaten to it, in almost the same words even.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Kyrosiris posted:

Give it to Gunther and he'll reward you with a packet of ancient seed seeds.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Ulvirich posted:

Friday's and Sunday's.

Kyrosiris posted:

Just got one myself. Give it to Gunther and he'll give you a version you can actually plant, and blueprints to "craft" the artifact version into the plantable seed should you find more later.

e: holy god drat am I beaten

nonpromqueen
Sep 25, 2006

Ulvirich posted:

I've had this tabbed: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w9-4sOMEwpC-L8oPstoxjuTWuyeZtJ6mVsDF2HNvCG0/edit#gid=362833120

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Thanks to all of you, heh. :)

Joda
Apr 24, 2010

When I'm off, I just like to really let go and have fun, y'know?

Fun Shoe
Is it possible to remove till from a patch of land? I accidentally tilled around one of my fruit trees, and apparently that stops it from growing.

Also, I have a couple trees that have been planted for like 2 weeks (with the 3x3 empty squares) and they still haven't changed at all. At what point is it supposed to grow?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Leah has a lot on her mind

Also am I doing fruit trees wrong or do they literally take more than a year to pay off their initial investment?

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Joda posted:

Is it possible to remove till from a patch of land?

Hit it with your pickaxe

and yes doing some basic maths shows that it takes ~40 fruit per tree for them to recover costs, much less obviously if you turn em into jelly or wine

Indecisive fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Mar 7, 2016

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

The Moon Monster posted:

Leah has a lot on her mind

Also am I doing fruit trees wrong or do they literally take more than a year to pay off their initial investment?

At no point is Leah allowed inside my Cadillac car. You can put her in the trunk but only after she takes off her shoes. I DONT WANT HER GETTING DIRT ON HITLERS CANOE!

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Give it to Gunther and he'll reward you with a packet of ancient seed seeds.

:crossarms: I got an ancient seed from the Seed Maker and was able to plant it immediately, though?

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
So, this is just from like a quarter of my greenhouse's starfruit production...

poo poo is crazy.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Supremezero posted:

:crossarms: I got an ancient seed from the Seed Maker and was able to plant it immediately, though?

Ancient seed packets (ie the plantable consumable version in a blue packet) is different from the single ancient seed artifact you can find.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Ulvirich posted:

Ancient seed packets (ie the plantable consumable version in a blue packet) is different from the single ancient seed artifact you can find.

But I never got the artifact. I just got jumped straight to the plantable.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Lucky you then, most people have to get the artifact donated first before being able to plant the seed.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

god drat it abigail could you stop winning the egg festival

am I gonna have to map out egg locations and find an optimal route for this poo poo

or more accurately look up someone else who's already done it

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Indecisive posted:

god drat it abigail could you stop winning the egg festival

am I gonna have to map out egg locations and find an optimal route for this poo poo

or more accurately look up someone else who's already done it

Try getting better at egg, scrublord.

Princey
Mar 22, 2013

Supremezero posted:

But I never got the artifact. I just got jumped straight to the plantable.

I'm assuming you got lucky and bought the fruit from the caravan and popped it in the seed maker? Then yeah, it gave you the plantable seeds.

You can dig up an artifact ancient seed that just looks like a small dot. If you give THAT to Gunther, he'll give you the blue packet and the recipe for more.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Princey posted:

I'm assuming you got lucky and bought the fruit from the caravan and popped it in the seed maker? Then yeah, it gave you the plantable seeds.

You can dig up an artifact ancient seed that just looks like a small dot. If you give THAT to Gunther, he'll give you the blue packet and the recipe for more.

No, actually it popped out when I was making Cranberry seeds. I have no idea why.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
God drat I can't stop playing this stupid skinner box :mad:

E: Also most done with Winter Year 1 at least. gently caress winter. Maybe it would be more interesting if I had animals by now but I was slow. It's a bit sucky just planting forage items and I'm ready as hell for spring so I can finally get back to these bundles I missed the first season and start getting animals. I kind of wish they did something more interesting for winter though.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Mar 7, 2016

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.
I find if I am making seeds out of gold star items, I sometimes get ancient seeds instead, so thats probably what happened. It actually annoys me cause I already have plenty ancient seeds, I just want what I put in there.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

This game just popped up on my radar after seeing half my friends on steam playing it. Figured it's a bit early to ask with the one man dev team, but any talk about porting to other consoles at some point in the future? This seems like the perfect game to have on the Vita.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I'm absolutely in love with this game, but I'm really worried that I screwed myself. I got chickens as soon as I could, without realizing how the silo works. I dunno if I'm gonna have enough to feed them come winter, because the grass grows so slowly.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Supremezero posted:

No, actually it popped out when I was making Cranberry seeds. I have no idea why.

Let's just agree to :xcom: and be done with it.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
You people and your successful, vibrant farms make me sick.

I'm still a bitter dirt farmer. Why I'm not raking in hundreds of thousands of dollars in profit in my second week I do not know.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Meridian posted:

This game just popped up on my radar after seeing half my friends on steam playing it. Figured it's a bit early to ask with the one man dev team, but any talk about porting to other consoles at some point in the future? This seems like the perfect game to have on the Vita.

:cawg: No game is perfect to have on the Vita.

3DS, however...

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
A witch came to my chicken coop and left a weird egg in it. I stuck the egg in the incubator so I could get a weird chicken. A few days later, I got a message about an explosion sound during the night, and went out to check on my chickens. The strange egg had hatched, and I discovered that I was now the proud owner of a red-eyed, raven-feathered chick named Grumbus.

I was a bit puzzled as to why Grumbus felt the need to literally explode out of the egg, but none of the other chickens seemed terribly fussed, so I shrugged it off and went about my daily routine. I realized my error when I passed by the south end of the chicken run and saw the eerie crystalline meteor embedded in it.

I understand now that Grumbus is more than just an odd chicken - Grumbus is a Destiny Chicken, born under the fiery light of a falling star. I am wary of what may happen if I expose the other chickens to the strange, violet stone, but the Star of Grumbus is harder by far than my steel pick; in fear of whatever doom the meteorite may portend, I have invested a considerable sum of money and gold into having my pick upgraded further.

I can only hope the blacksmith finishes his work swiftly. The Star of Grumbus is clearly a terrible omen... but what it foretells, I cannot guess. I must crack open its rocky exterior and learn what I can before it is too late.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Sociopastry posted:

I'm absolutely in love with this game, but I'm really worried that I screwed myself. I got chickens as soon as I could, without realizing how the silo works. I dunno if I'm gonna have enough to feed them come winter, because the grass grows so slowly.

One chicken eats one unit of hay per day, so if you're using a full coop, you need 112 units of hay in the silo or your person. On spring 1, there's a lot of grass that pops up so you don't need to buy for Spring 1 unless you don't scythe some patches out.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Supremezero posted:

:cawg: No game is perfect to have on the Vita.

3DS, however...

Well I mean I saw a sprite of a dude with emo hair, so it kind of gets a pass by having some anime elements in there right? Would be totally at home on the Vita.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Finally finished the Community Centre. Nothing special happened, except when I tried to open the bundle menu again, the game locked up. Gonna wait until some more content is added, I basically won the game at this point.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Angry Diplomat posted:

A witch came to my chicken coop and left a weird egg in it. I stuck the egg in the incubator so I could get a weird chicken. A few days later, I got a message about an explosion sound during the night, and went out to check on my chickens. The strange egg had hatched, and I discovered that I was now the proud owner of a red-eyed, raven-feathered chick named Grumbus.

I was a bit puzzled as to why Grumbus felt the need to literally explode out of the egg, but none of the other chickens seemed terribly fussed, so I shrugged it off and went about my daily routine. I realized my error when I passed by the south end of the chicken run and saw the eerie crystalline meteor embedded in it.

I understand now that Grumbus is more than just an odd chicken - Grumbus is a Destiny Chicken, born under the fiery light of a falling star. I am wary of what may happen if I expose the other chickens to the strange, violet stone, but the Star of Grumbus is harder by far than my steel pick; in fear of whatever doom the meteorite may portend, I have invested a considerable sum of money and gold into having my pick upgraded further.

I can only hope the blacksmith finishes his work swiftly. The Star of Grumbus is clearly a terrible omen... but what it foretells, I cannot guess. I must crack open its rocky exterior and learn what I can before it is too late.

Stay safe Grumbus. Stay safe.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Meridian posted:

Well I mean I saw a sprite of a dude with emo hair, so it kind of gets a pass by having some anime elements in there right? Would be totally at home on the Vita.

Sebastian's more of a goon than an emo though, what with the programming in his mom's basement and the not!D&D and all.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

hopeandjoy posted:

Sebastian's more of a goon than an emo though, what with the programming in his mom's basement and the not!D&D and all.

STILL COUNTS.

Either way, dev hasn't said anything? Bummer. Going to buy it anyway though for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Robin gave me 50 stones for Christmas.

You literally gave me a box of rocks for Christmas Robin, what the gently caress?