Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

ZoDiAC_ posted:

"go do tutorials for $60 game you've played the poo poo out of".

Well, I do see why you say my posts are weird. I'm just trying to be descriptive.

Ship does go, but nowhere special.

Back to tutorial ZoDiAC go!

Please stop posting like an unbelievably stupid person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

To put it bluntly, Elite is 150% a game where you make your own fun. You have a ship, you have a galaxy to play around in. Occasionally you might even see other people. What you actually do in that galaxy is entirely up to you and what you personally find enjoyable.

Do you enjoy staring at black space for hours on end and repeating the same process of "jump, honk, sysmap, scan" thousands of times? Then go exploring.

Do you enjoy staring at rocks for hours on end and shooting tiny bits off of them to sell for meager amounts of spacebux? Go mining or material collecting in the SRV.

Do you enjoy playing Space Truck Simulator 3301? Then do trading.

Do you enjoy shooting NPCs? Take missions (jk they're all broken) or go bounty hunting.

Do you enjoy shooting players? Join DF or play in CQC.

If the idea of millions of different things to do that are all an inch deep appeals to you, then welcome to Elite:Dangerous!

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Tippis posted:

Yeah, if you're exploring, it's arguably easier to just splash out on the plant instead of the scoop — you'll spend a lot of time looking at the map, and parking the ship a closer (or just a bit more sloppily) to a star while the higher-rated plant stays cool is almost a better use of both time and credits.

Saving a bit of weight because you can run with an even smaller plant is an added bonus.

You can get down to a 2A powerplant with any ship in most configs, it's actually somewhat hilarious on the anaconda because there's almost nothing you can do to it that will get it's heat past 100%. Setting up for planetary exploration would likely require an upgrade to a 3A plant because you're going to want shields.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

ZoDiAC_ posted:

Well, I do see why you say my posts are weird. I'm just trying to be descriptive.

OK quick run down of important controls, 1 is navigation, wasd to select different buttons, q and e to change tabs, spacebar to choose what you've selected. j for jump has two faster than light modes. one for within the solar system, another to move to another solar system. there is a circle to the upper left of your radar in the lower center, that tells you roughly where your target (did you select one in the navigation section?) is in relation to you. If the white dot is hollow, the object is behind you, if it's full it's ahead of you, get the full dot in the center of that circle to be pointing to that target.

To land at a station once youve faster than lighted to it, youll want to go 1, to navigation, press e a couple times to get to the right tab, which will have the name of the station youre at, select that station, press space then select request docking, hopefully you are within 7.5 k or theyll say no. Important controls for this part are q and e for slowly strafing left and right, f to go directly down, and insert to deploy your landing gear!

vorebane fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Mar 6, 2016

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

1500 posted:

Frontier have actually said the exact opposite, there will be multiple patches and bug fixes before Engineers drop.

When I posted that, they hadn't clarified what they were going to do in the meantime regarding patches.

Mike the TV posted:

Yes, but how are we supposed to freak out if we don't go by speculations posted on the Frontier forum and Reddit by people unconnected with the development process?

A member of Frontier staff posted a comment saying they were holding off any client releases until Engineers was released at the time, which was clarified a day later by Braben that they will still probably release a patch before then.

Also this was 4 days ago so I'm not sure why it's being brought up again now, the clarification was made a day after the news broke.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Astroniomix posted:

You can get down to a 2A powerplant with any ship in most configs, it's actually somewhat hilarious on the anaconda because there's almost nothing you can do to it that will get it's heat past 100%. Setting up for planetary exploration would likely require an upgrade to a 3A plant because you're going to want shields.

You can still run planetary landings on 2A, with almost no power management. I posted a fit and explained why a page ago.

Edit: And because my fit was for asps, it also works on anacondas

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Mar 6, 2016

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

ZoDiAC_ posted:

Dude, if you just want to jump right in and play shootyspacemans, do Arena/CQC. It drops you into instant multiplayer matches. Doing this makes money in the :turianass: real :turianass: game you're having such a hard time getting, so it will benefit you if you ever decide to go that route.

Watch some of this dude's youtube videos, he's a pretty entertaining pilot and infuses his videos with the right amount of lore to make you understand what is happening and why. The videos are all labeled with easy titles like "bounty hunting" or "rare smuggling" or whatever, so you can find activities you are interested in. If none of that looks interesting to you: welp.

Personally, I am attracted to the exploration aspect of the game. I like the concept of the 1:1 galactic scale and the fact that most of the stuff I've seen on my journey to Sag A* and back has only ever been seen by me. I mostly drive around, look for pretty stars and planets, scan them, and take screenshots. When I'm in the bubble, I'll take missions or shoot stuff, but that probably accounts for <10% of my game time.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug
I was just hanging around Jackson's Lighthouse, which is one of the only neutron stars in the bubble. I got thinking that in the future it would make sense to utilize a "rare" object like these stars to make fast travel in a future update. For instance there are neutron stars right near the center of the galaxy and a few on the opposite side. Then I got bored and flew into the star. To my surprise I didn't take any heat damage as I flew closer, and the after 10 minutes of flying right at it there doesn't seem to be an exclusion zone. I don't have the patience to wait 25 hours going full speed to hit the surface of the star and take a cool picture, but I bet it looks neat. I recently read some of the Revelation Space series and I fully expect the neutron star to be a super-computer.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

ZoDiAC_ posted:

Twenty minutes of real time is reasonable I think, to expect something to happen.

This line right here seems to be your problem. Nothing happens just because you are in the universe, ever, no matter how much time you spend just waiting.

This is not a single player game where the world really revolves around you and there is a plot it drags you by the nose to follow. The universe does not revolve around you, you are but an infinitesimally small piece of the universe.

If you want to do something then you choose what it is you want to do then you go do it.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

This community goal is really bad. I've only shot a few bounties at the nav beacon and done one trade for metal to Worlidge Terminal and I'm supercruising to get there. Posting this in the middle of the 110 ls trip. I am surprised anyone else has participated in this one.

Natsuumi
Jun 13, 2003

Natsuumi's gone.
I'm Cherlene now.

Bilal posted:

This community goal is really bad. I've only shot a few bounties at the nav beacon and done one trade for metal to Worlidge Terminal and I'm supercruising to get there. Posting this in the middle of the 110 ls trip. I am surprised anyone else has participated in this one.

I've hauled 30,000 tons for that one :colbert:

Edit: to expand why - I could do a loop in about 15 minutes, making it run about 8 million cr/hour, got some tv show watching done while doing it and pushed me up to only 4% left until Elite trader which I will finish off tonight

Natsuumi fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Mar 6, 2016

bonerstorm
Jul 26, 2009

:|
From the OP.

quote:

(Don't buy Saitek products)

Is there a specific reason behind this? Just basic goon elitism or? I've never owned a joystick, but I just got into this game and it is amazing. Made some nice friends in space (multi-billionaires in game that are showing me the ropes) and my good friend uses a Saitek X-55.

What's the real reason to not EVER buy a Saitek product?

Other goons told you what to do, or? Just wondering here.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

The most often given reason is that they have poor quality control. I know that "one" is a bad sample but I've had fine luck with my X52 Pro. However, I highly recommend starting with the Thrustmaster, it's a very very very decent stick without fancy LEDs for 1/4 the price of the X52 Pro.

timn
Mar 16, 2010
There's some skepticism about Saitek QC since the MadCatz acquisition. It's probably not unfounded but is also maybe overblown somewhat. I'm still very happy with my X52, but the drivers did take some fiddling and I had to remove the throttle detent after a few months.

bonerstorm
Jul 26, 2009

That's good to know, I assume poor quality control comes with shipping a poo poo ton of products out to all these suppliers/buyers.

The "Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X Flight Stick" looks like a pretty sweet deal for 40 bucks. Especially compared to the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro which is just 10 bucks cheaper.

But first, I'm gonna need Horizons :)

bonerstorm
Jul 26, 2009

timn posted:

There's some skepticism about Saitek QC since the MadCatz acquisition. It's probably not unfounded but is also maybe overblown somewhat. I'm still very happy with my X52, but the drivers did take some fiddling and I had to remove the throttle detent after a few months.

I'm noticing people online and in reviews say the same thing about Thrustmaster since they were acquired by Guillemot. Honestly from an outside eye, it seems like a Ford vs Chevy thing.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

I had a former roommate tear an X-55 stick clean out of the socket when we strapped him into our other roommate's VR chair and dropped him into War Thunder. When you're getting strafed by a spitfire and you've never experienced VR before, adrenaline is real. But scrawny nerds should not be able to rip your product in twain (hulk-style) when spooked.

On top of the very real problems with quality control, Saitek's customer support has a reputation for being very hit or miss. So if you get a bad unit, you might get helped immediately and even given an extra throttle, or you might get left holding the bag for a few weeks until you can get help ahold of someone who actually gives a drat.

Meanwhile, you can get a perfectly serviceable HOTAS from Thrustmaster for $40. Or, if you want to step up from that, you can get their T-16000M joystick and pair it with a CH Products Throttle for about $170 new, giving you a setup that costs less than an X-55, has the same sensors, analog control for each flight axes (which works consistently, unlike the X-55's thumbstick) and a much more useful button configuration for 6DOF space games. Instead of buttons Saitek models focus heavily on dials. They are wonderful in flight sims for things like trim control, but not super intuitive for use in space madness.

So if you find a used X-52 for cheap (and remove the throttle detent) it'll do a wonderful job. But there's currently no good reason to buy Saitek stuff new other than "mine is okay", and some compelling reasons not to.

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Mar 6, 2016

bonerstorm
Jul 26, 2009

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

I had a former roommate tear an X-55 stick clean out of the socket when we strapped him into our other roommate's VR chair and dropped him into War Thunder. When you're getting strafed by a spitfire and you've never experienced VR before adrenaline is real, but scrawny nerds should not be able to rip your product apart hulk-style when spooked.

On top of very real problems with quality control, Saitek's customer support has a reputation for being very hit or miss, so if you get a bad unit, you might get helped immediately and given an extra throttle, or you might get left holding the bag for a few weeks until you can get help ahold of someone who actually gives a drat!

Meanwhile, you can get a perfectly serviceable HOTAS from Thrustmaster for $40. Or, if you want to step up from that, you can get their T-16000M joystick and pair it with a CH Products Throttle for about $180 new, giving you a setup that costs less than an X-55, has the same sensors, and a much more useful button configuration for 6DOF space games. Instead of buttons Saitek models focus heavily on dials that are useful in flight sims for things like trim control, but not super intuitive for use in space madness, and a lot of people have trouble getting the analog thumbstick on it to work, which is arguably the most important feature for us.

If you find a used X-52 for cheap it'll do just fine, but there's just no good reason to buy Saitek stuff new

That sounds pretty intense. I'm new to the whole space/flight sim business. Somehow this game got me hooked. I think the HOTAS from Thrustmaster looks like a no-brainer, eventually stepping up to something bigger in the future depending how hooked I get. But 35 hours in 3 days is definitely something that I wouldn't mind investing some money in.

Thanks bonzi buddy!

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I RMA'd three separate x55s. They all had at least one major fault, as well as a raft of minor ones, and inside they looked like they'd been slapped together by blind monkeys.

I wasn't the only one. Just google some variation of "x55 quality", it won't take you long.

Buy whatever you want, just don't say you weren't loving warned!

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Pillbug

bonerstorm posted:

That's good to know, I assume poor quality control comes with shipping a poo poo ton of products out to all these suppliers/buyers.

The "Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X Flight Stick" looks like a pretty sweet deal for 40 bucks. Especially compared to the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro which is just 10 bucks cheaper.

But first, I'm gonna need Horizons :)

I started out with a Thustmaster HOTAS X and upgraded to a Saitek X-52 pro. I've had no problems with the Saitek and it's a fine upgrade, but I actually kind of miss the Thrustmaster. It was ergonomic and the throttle felt great. If it had one more hat switch on the stick it would be the best option by far.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

bonerstorm posted:

That sounds pretty intense. I'm new to the whole space/flight sim business. Somehow this game got me hooked. I think the HOTAS from Thrustmaster looks like a no-brainer, eventually stepping up to something bigger in the future depending how hooked I get. But 35 hours in 3 days is definitely something that I wouldn't mind investing some money in.

Thanks bonzi buddy!

drat, you caught me before I could edit! I threw some links in and made it less of a nonstop spergshout, but alas.

No worries man, that sounds like a good call. I had that stick for a while and loved it. I only traded it in for the T16000+CH combo because I wanted a thumbstick for lateral thrusters and a linear throttle to punch when I pretend I'm Han Solo

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Mar 6, 2016

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

So what's the next great combat ship after the Vulture? Python it looks like?

Urit
Oct 22, 2010

BitBasher posted:

So what's the next great combat ship after the Vulture? Python it looks like?

FAS or FDL for shootymans, Python for "gently caress you I'm a brick that can do anything." FAS flies almost exactly like a heavy vulture, is really good, doesn't need much of a rank grind, and also has awful shields. The FDL has great shields, good guns, but a sort of useless hardpoint in the Huge (most people just fit a Large Beam there instead) and has the worst fuel tank known to man. The Python is a very heavy/slower turning ship that you really need to fly differently but it has an insanely good tank if you fit it for that, and the damage output is spectacular if fit for that. It also has THE largest Medium hull (can land at Outposts) cargo capacity if fit for that as well, nothing beats it in the Mediums.

In short, Python for multirole, Fer de Lance or Federal Assault Ship for pure combat.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

The FAS is wonderful and you can put together a cheapo starter one for about 30,000,000 CR before system/powerplay discounts; less if you don't mind cutting a few more corners.

Urit posted:

FAS flies almost exactly like a heavy vulture, is really good, doesn't need much of a rank grind, and also has awful shields.

It makes up for this with excellent armor. Unless you are being reckless as hell, it's hard to die in a FAS. I use a bi-weave shield on my FAS. It only takes a few seconds to recharge, so if you are RES hunting, you'll have basically no downtime between engagements waiting for your shield to come back. The shield won't absorb a lot of hits, but if you're in a FAS then you will be flying circles around and/or quickly dissolving most NPCs anyway.

The Python is a nice lazy gun platform where you point a bunch of hardpoints in the general direction of something and hold fire until it dies. I wouldn't take a Python over a FAS for a pure combat ship, but the Python is far better as a multi-role ship.

Urit
Oct 22, 2010
Yeah, the FAS has amazing armor.

Also of note: Pythons are hellaciously expensive to max out, a FAS or FDL is way cheaper.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Shine posted:

The FAS is wonderful and you can put together a cheapo starter one for about 30,000,000 CR before system/powerplay discounts; less if you don't mind cutting a few more corners.

It makes up for this with excellent armor. Unless you are being reckless as hell, it's hard to die in a FAS. I use a bi-weave shield on my FAS. It only takes a few seconds to recharge, so if you are RES hunting, you'll have basically no downtime between engagements waiting for your shield to come back. It won't absorb a lot of hits, but if you're in a FAS then you will be flying circles around and/or quickly dissolving most NPCs anyway.

The Python is a nice lazy gun platform where you point a bunch of hardpoints in the general direction of something and hold fire until it dies. I wouldn't take a Python over a FAS for a pure combat ship, but the Python is far better as a multi-role ship. Holy loving poo poo 30 million for ship I was eyeballing as "Sometime in the future".

Well, between this and "My Empire Rep is Zero/Zero because it was bugged between launch and when I dropped out at Vulture release" I certainly know what is probably my next goal. At least I'm halfway through Chief Petty Officer where I left off. Holy poo poo only 30 million for a good fit to a ship I was considering "Some day later".

I keep thinking about trying out that Asp smuggler run stuff. It's mostly the "Do this on the clock without loving up." and NPC's magical Scanners that's been keeping me away from trying. Particularly since I tend to play 1-2 hours at a time. And have been suffering white screen crashes a few times even while just attempting simple assassination stuff (come on man, a better video card is supposed to make Elite BETTER for me, not worse... in theory).

I'll probably give it a shot after I earn some more millions though. Because at the very least, even if I fail, it will be something new! :buddy:

I found a lovely war+civil war system near me with Hazardous RES sites, but it's only got an outpost that doesn't offer rearms :downs: Good thing I was only using pulse lasers anyways, but oops out of chaff.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

While we're talking about the glories of FDL and FAS, I have a fun prompt for the Coriolis Warriors

When I get back from Distant Worlds I'm planning to combat grind my way to rank 5 in Li Yong-Rui power play for the 300% bonus to exploration data. Ideally I'd like to grab three other Distant Worlds people and do in it a private wing to minimize risk, but these guys are total carebears. They think engaging in 4 vs 1 combat against NPCs is risky.

I want to come up with the most death-proof fit I can for around 70 mil (the budget range I expect of anyone who can fit an exploration asp but not just buy power play rank 5 outright). Which means FAS or FDL, which means I need help, because I mostly fly DBS or Vultures to shoot mans

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

While we're talking about the glories of FDL and FAS, I have a fun prompt for the Coriolis Warriors

When I get back from Distant Worlds I'm planning to combat grind my way to rank 5 in Li Yong-Rui power play for the 300% bonus to exploration data. Ideally I'd like to grab three other Distant Worlds people and do in it a private wing to minimize risk, but these guys are total carebears. They think engaging in 4 vs 1 combat against NPCs is risky.

I want to come up with the most death-proof fit I can for around 70 mil (the budget range I expect of anyone who can fit an exploration asp but not just buy power play rank 5 outright). Which means FAS or FDL, which means I need help, because I mostly fly DBS or Vultures to shoot mans

The FDL is going to beat the FAS in endurance because of it's vastly superior shields, though the FAS can take a little more damage all at once.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
I would only bother if you can find info that says the increased payout also increases your exploration rank gains, because the actual money from exploring is garbage even with the multiplier. I have no idea whether rank gains are calculated on base value or after modifiers. You're going to make so little money that even if you spend six months out there you could grind more money in less time than you could get Rank 5.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

It's totes worth it. Exploration pay does suck, but I think you're underestimating the number of systems honked in the course of such a stupidly long journey. I'll have at least 30 million worth of data just from the discovery scanner, more if I hit neutron fields on the way back as planned. So it'll be more than 110 million (60 from +200%, 50 from the power play salary) for 8 hours work or so, and that does count towards your rank gain. My ambition is to get Elite from just this trip.

But even if none of that were true, you're going to have a miserable loving time in this game if you only bother with stuff that yields the optimum credits per hour. =/

Astroniomix posted:

The FDL is going to beat the FAS in endurance because of it's vastly superior shields, though the FAS can take a little more damage all at once.

This is a good point, and it has the added bonus of not assuming that carebears have navy rank. But the fact that the hull costs 50mil by itself is making it difficult for me to stay under the 70ish mil mark without cutting too many corners. So far I've got this, for 66mil if you can get it at a Yong-Mart.

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Mar 7, 2016

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

It's totes worth it. Exploration pay does suck, but I think you're underestimating the number of systems honked in the course of such a stupidly long journey. I'll have at least 30 million worth of data just from the discovery scanner, more if I hit neutron fields on the way back as planned. So it'll be more than 110 million (60 from +200%, 50 from the power play salary) for 8 hours work or so, and that does count towards your rank gain. My ambition is to get Elite from just this trip.

But even if none of that were true, you're going to have a miserable loving time in this game if you only bother with stuff that yields the optimum credits per hour. =/

This is a good point, but the fact that the hull costs 50mil by itself is making it difficult for me to hit the 70ish mil mark without cutting corners. Are you sure the FAS isn't better when on a budget?

For a budget build I'd do this: http://coriolis.io/outfit/federal_a...n=Boss%20Beluga

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

This is a good point, but the fact that the hull costs 50mil by itself is making it difficult for me to hit the 70ish mil mark without cutting corners. Are you sure the FAS isn't better when on a budget?

Unless your goal is to AFK in warzones full of railgun Cobras, you'll be basically death-proof in either ship. An A-class FdL has like 700MJ bi-weave shields, and an A-class FAS has over 2000 armor. In either case, about the only way you'll die in PvE is by being very reckless or stupid. Even an A-class Vulture can take a pretty heavy beating with its 400+ shields and 1000+ armor. Buy whichever.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Pillbug
My current Holy poo poo This Is Fun FAS. It might not be the absolute best at DPS, but it does the job I want and does it well.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Mike the TV posted:

My current Holy poo poo This Is Fun FAS. It might not be the absolute best at DPS, but it does the job I want and does it well.

I doubt these dudes will have either weapon type, but that does look fun as hell.

Thanks for the inspiration all, I think I've got a decent template for both FAS and FDL now that they can tweak to taste.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Natsuumi posted:

I've hauled 30,000 tons for that one :colbert:

Edit: to expand why - I could do a loop in about 15 minutes, making it run about 8 million cr/hour, got some tv show watching done while doing it and pushed me up to only 4% left until Elite trader which I will finish off tonight

Where is a good place to buy metals to bring to Worlidge Terminal?

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Urit posted:

FAS or FDL for shootymans, Python for "gently caress you I'm a brick that can do anything." FAS flies almost exactly like a heavy vulture, is really good, doesn't need much of a rank grind, and also has awful shields. The FDL has great shields, good guns, but a sort of useless hardpoint in the Huge (most people just fit a Large Beam there instead) and has the worst fuel tank known to man. The Python is a very heavy/slower turning ship that you really need to fly differently but it has an insanely good tank if you fit it for that, and the damage output is spectacular if fit for that. It also has THE largest Medium hull (can land at Outposts) cargo capacity if fit for that as well, nothing beats it in the Mediums.

In short, Python for multirole, Fer de Lance or Federal Assault Ship for pure combat.

The huge hardpoint on the FDL can be fun with a gimballed huge cannon (2 shots to destroy an unshielded type 6), you need to adapt flying to be effective with it though.

Instead of pulling up onto your target dive down onto it that means the cannon can gimbal downwards leading the target and shots from it will hit a target directly ahead of you. A little bit of backthrust will calm down the wobble and centre the reticlule on a target. It's like a dumbfire missile launcher with 100 shots. It's death for subsystems (if you can hit them).

I'm biased though I like cannons.

Poistra
Mar 11, 2011
Outrageous Lumpwad

Annath posted:

I have been going to McDaniel Terminal in G 141-21 for Palladium. A shipment of 100t from there gives me a 400k profit.

Its an outpost though.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
A lot of people say that huge hardpoint on the FDL is useless or sub-par but I found it perfect for blowing up power plants on large ships via a gimballed huge cannon.

Mind you once huge fixed multicannons come out I can see one of those becoming the go-to for that slot.

Natsuumi
Jun 13, 2003

Natsuumi's gone.
I'm Cherlene now.

Annath posted:

Brani, Virtanen Hub. It's a full sized station. Palladium from there was running around 3300 cr/ton profit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Annath posted:

I spent most of yesterday trucking Bertrandite out to Forstchen Landing in Lokitaka Mu for a tiny profit (I refuse to fly out empty, it feels like a waste) and bringing Palladium back for about 350-400k in my T6.

• Locked thread