Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

deep impact on vhs posted:

rainfurrest actually had to close down because furries ruined it lol

http://orrery.prismaticmedia.com/2016/02/20/rainfurrest-2016-post-mortem/

tl;dr: furries get con, furries ruin con by being morons, con tries to find new hotel, con can't find new hotel, con dead

i liked the statistic that rainfurrest consistently caused more damage and destruction than every other event that took place at the hotel that year combined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

i liked the statistic that rainfurrest consistently caused more damage and destruction than every other event that took place at the hotel that year combined

as far as i can tell none of the other cons have that problem lmao

but yes by completely embracing social awkwardness and creepy fetishism in public furries killed their own convention

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Microwaves Mom posted:

That'd be great you have to find your target who is in a fursuit and all you know is its like a tiger or something and theres a poo poo ton of tigers. But you want the one with like the neon blue pink hair.

NOT THE NEON PINK PURPLE.

And you have to dress up in a suit too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77B2ZvxT59Q

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

as far as i can tell none of the other cons have that problem lmao

but yes by completely embracing social awkwardness and creepy fetishism in public furries killed their own convention

It's like a different take on Animal House

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

SirEvelynTremble posted:

It's like a different take on Animal House

:cripes:

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

quote:

Multiple board members responded by saying that if we made the harassment policy any more concrete, we’d be tying the hands of any future chair of RainFurrest who wanted to work things out informally between the people involved, and we would enforce bans on socially awkward individuals who just didn’t know the rules

gotta let spergs be spergs

a friend of mine once wound up working on a furry convention's website and registration software poo poo, which led to him being at a furry convention

he talked once about a guy who outright groped him and then said he couldn't help himself because :spergin:

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

gotta let spergs be spergs

a friend of mine once wound up working on a furry convention's website and registration software poo poo, which led to him being at a furry convention

he talked once about a guy who outright groped him and then said he couldn't help himself because :spergin:

this is entirely anecdotal but i've met a lot of furries at various conferences/meetups (a ton of them work in STEM fields) and i'm friends with a bunch of them, and they're all pretty normal

i mean yeah there's the furry thing and some of them are suiters but if we go and get dinner or drinks they don't sperg out or anything

i might actually go to a con with them just for the experience and because i guess furries know how to party and just pack suitcases full of loving booze

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

having known and interacted with both groups of people, i can definitively say for absolute certain that furries and goons are exactly equally terrible

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe
i mean at least furries don't watch youtube videos and then go to fight in libya so theres that

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe
or literally murder people over pumpkins

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

for every peter bower there is a morally inept
for every adam wan there is a gi joe dirtbag
for every tora there is an aatrek

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
You're weird and so are your creepy furry friends.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

this is entirely anecdotal but i've met a lot of furries at various conferences/meetups (a ton of them work in STEM fields) and i'm friends with a bunch of them, and they're all pretty normal

i mean yeah there's the furry thing and some of them are suiters but if we go and get dinner or drinks they don't sperg out or anything

i might actually go to a con with them just for the experience and because i guess furries know how to party and just pack suitcases full of loving booze

counterpoint:

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

Fun Shoe

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

You're weird and so are your creepy furry friends.

actually: im cool

an•ec•do•tal (ănˌĭk-dōtˈl)
adj. Of, characterized by, or full of anecdotes.
adj. Based on casual observations or indications rather than rigorous or scientific analysis: "There are anecdotal reports of children poisoned by hot dogs roasted over a fire of the [oleander] stems” ( C. Claiborne Ray).

also not all goons murder people over pumpkins or scare the poo poo out of rebels in libya by being clinically insane so :confused:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Man Whore posted:

this is the beginning of the end. Something awful is dying, and the furries have won

SA Furry, So What?

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

wow rude

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

my best friend is a furry, but aside from that and his extreme affinity for MTG to the point where I told him the name of a card I got during a draft and he recited the tooltip from memory, he's pretty normal. he has a 7.5/10 girlfriend and is majoring in physics. he introduced me to It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia a few days ago and i loved it.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

symbolic posted:

and his extreme affinity for MTG to the point where I told him the name of a card I got during a draft and he recited the tooltip from memory, he's pretty normal.
This is normal for anyone who plays mtg fyi

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

This is normal for anyone who plays mtg fyi
i have yet to descend into that level of madness, apparently

it will come with time

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Milky Moor posted:

how the gently caress can people be so hosed up

I can't believe rainfurrest is cancelled this year because the hotel from last year doesn't want to deal with any of this anymore

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

I can't believe rainfurrest is cancelled this year because the hotel from last year doesn't want to deal with any of this anymore

they did find another hotel in a different city and then one of the attendees from the previous year emailed the new hotel with all the details of what had gone down to get rainfurrest thrown out, resulting in the new hotel's general manager killing the event, demanding that rainfurrest remove all mention of his hotel's name from their site, and cc'ing his ceo lollll

there's just so much hilarity in that blogpost and the writer does so much to dance around the fact that there were adult men running around in diapers making GBS threads everywhere

quote:

That was the state of affairs until early December, when we’d exhausted every venue in Seattle, Tacoma, and Bellevue that could fit us. We contacted eight sites, and every one of them said no. Not all of them said it for the same reason, but they all turned us down. We stopped looking at bigger venues around November and started looking for any place that could fit eight hundred people. We even reached out to the hotel where we ran the very first RF, next door to our previous venue. The general manager of that facility turned us down and told our hotel liaison flat out that we needed to lay low for a while to let the memory of what happened at RF2015 die down, because venues talked to each other and a lot of places knew about what happened.

Pittsburgh Lambic fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Mar 7, 2016

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Mange Mite posted:

jews have always considered goyim to be animals

lol thanks for your uncool and fake narrative

not!!! :69snypa:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

i might actually go to a con with them just for the experience and because i guess furries know how to party

this is the saddest thing i've read all day

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

papa_november posted:

it's what we do here. at the Something Awful Forums.

is your name a reference to numbers stations? if so good job

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Zzulu posted:

this is the saddest thing i've read all day

:agreed:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

symbolic posted:

my best friend is a furry, but aside from that and his extreme affinity for MTG to the point where I told him the name of a card I got during a draft and he recited the tooltip from memory, he's pretty normal. he has a 7.5/10 girlfriend and is majoring in physics. he introduced me to It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia a few days ago and i loved it.

thank you for the decimal place, i wasn't sure whether or not i should respect this stranger.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

symbolic posted:

i have yet to descend into that level of madness, apparently

it will come with time

you basically aren't into the game unless you can play mental magic with friends

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
I've noticed from other people's anecdotes that there are three extremely common themes at every furry meet up:

Tons of alcohol
Lots of gaming discussion
Uninhibited gay sex

I've personally met I think maybe 4 furries and they were all reasonable people just really loving nerdy and lonely, and apparently when you combine those two things you get rampant homosexuality and dog costumes.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

abigserve posted:

I've noticed from other people's anecdotes that there are three extremely common themes at every furry meet up:

Tons of alcohol
Uninhibited gay sex

I've personally met I think maybe 4 furries and they were all reasonable people just really loving nerdy and lonely, and apparently when you combine those two things you get rampant homosexuality and dog costumes.
when's the first scientific study going to come out about the connection between furry fetishes and social interaction?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

symbolic posted:

when's the first scientific study going to come out about the connection between furry fetishes and social interaction?

as soon as some willing anthropologist embeds themselves in a furry meet? :shrug:

Are you volunteering?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

abigserve posted:

Tons of alcohol
Uninhibited gay sex

In my experience there is a thing with awkward nerdy people wherein when they are given an opportunity to cut loose they just go full ham because they do not have the social experience to understand that there are unwritten limits to cutting loose and are hesitant to shame other people breaking these rules because they are so familiar with people shaming them and are too empathetic to do so to others.

from what I've seen posted here gooncamp had pretty much the same issues furry cons have

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

ArbitraryC posted:

from what I've seen posted here gooncamp had pretty much the same issues furry cons have

:lol: :drat:

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

ArbitraryC posted:

got destroyed by gross loud loving in the middle of the camp: check

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

VendaGoat posted:

as soon as some willing anthropologist embeds themselves in a furry meet? :shrug:

Are you volunteering?
DIOV already volunteered, sorry

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Gooncamp, homely people sitting around on chairs in desolate wastelands

pretty sure most of these guys transitioned into furries

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

I wonder how many of those people even still post here.

also, who the gently caress wears dress shoes when going camping?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Man Whore posted:

I wonder how many of those people even still post here.

Considering the whole Nietzsche thing about starring into the abyss?

They all reregged and are still posting here.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zzulu posted:

Gooncamp, homely people sitting around on chairs in desolate wastelands

pretty sure most of these guys transitioned into furries
that big guy is wearing the exact wrong thing. every single article of clothing. lololthey all are i hear u saying but this guy especially

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Man Whore posted:

also, who the gently caress wears dress shoes when going camping?

suave dudes looking to have classy, tree-leaning sex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yo peep how wide big guys foot is. the profile one looks normal but front view is like the feet from wall-e

• Locked thread