Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
People are on an island maybe, there's nazi zombies. Possibly from the 70s, but incredibly low budget looking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Andorra posted:

People are on an island maybe, there's nazi zombies. Possibly from the 70s, but incredibly low budget looking.

Shock Waves

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Andorra posted:

Or Night of the Zombies or Zombie Lake or Oasis of the Zombies, all of which are so zero budget they make Shock Waves look like a million bucks. There's way too many lovely Nazi zombie movies out there.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I saw a movie once, I think in the mid-90's on VHS. The biggest thing I remember about it was that there was a guy who had a foot instead of a head. I think the gist of it was that he and the rest of the characters were being turned into mutants for some reason? Foothead gets shot at some point - Heroic sacrifice? The main character was probably some kid that wasn't as interesting to me as foothead

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Nihilarian posted:

I saw a movie once, I think in the mid-90's on VHS. The biggest thing I remember about it was that there was a guy who had a foot instead of a head. I think the gist of it was that he and the rest of the characters were being turned into mutants for some reason? Foothead gets shot at some point - Heroic sacrifice? The main character was probably some kid that wasn't as interesting to me as foothead

Replace foot-for-a-head with hand-for-a-head and you've got Freaked. Hand-for-a-head was Bobcat Goldthwait, if that helps stir any memories.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Adlai Stevenson posted:

Replace foot-for-a-head with hand-for-a-head and you've got Freaked. Hand-for-a-head was Bobcat Goldthwait, if that helps stir any memories.
considering my attempts to find this movie largely consisted of me typing "foothead" into Google, it's no wonder I never found anything about it. I probably got it mixed because of the sock. Thanks!

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
This is going to be rather specific to people who seen the BBC documentary mini-series that just finished called The Story of China. Can anyone tell me what film the clips come from - on the odd occasion it will cut to a battle scene from what looks like a modern production and I very much doubt they bothered to shoot that action themselves, the feel of it is definitely cinematic. I was thinking it might be Red Cliff which I haven't seen but it sounds like the sort of thing.

Here at 1:18.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Sir Nose posted:

Or Night of the Zombies or Zombie Lake or Oasis of the Zombies, all of which are so zero budget they make Shock Waves look like a million bucks. There's way too many lovely Nazi zombie movies out there.

It was Oasis of the Zombies, thanks. I'd forgotten that the scene I watched ogled on the ladies for a long time, but doing a GIS of the title returned that shot.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

donquixotic posted:

This is going to be rather specific to people who seen the BBC documentary mini-series that just finished called The Story of China. Can anyone tell me what film the clips come from - on the odd occasion it will cut to a battle scene from what looks like a modern production and I very much doubt they bothered to shoot that action themselves, the feel of it is definitely cinematic. I was thinking it might be Red Cliff which I haven't seen but it sounds like the sort of thing.

Here at 1:18.

Someone in the comments knew it:

quote:

Lol they're using clips from Red Cliff a movie about the Three Kingdom's period prior to Tang and Song.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
Ah okay thanks for that. I did look at the imdb message board but there's only a single person there also asking what the clips are from. Also, I don't read youtube comments.

Thanks again, I figured it must be Red Cliff - I've only seen the poster for it but it's just the particular style.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
I imagine this is either 80s or 90s, it's a comedy-thriller about I don't remember what but at some point late on somebody is trying to relay a message to someone else and says to a phone operator to send a message to someone and the message is something like "use a chopper, it'll be faster" obviously meaning helicopter but the operator mistakes this thinking he means use an axe to kill someone and I think she tells the police. That's the sole thing I can remember about it, google is no help at all.

Lamanda
Apr 18, 2003

A French or Belgian movie from around 1990 I think set during ww2. Nazis occupy a farmstead and kill everyone but the father who starts guerilla warfare agains them on the farm. I remember him hiding in a well and shooting a soldier with a shotgun.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
60s or 70s french (?) scifi (?) movie. I only saw a few seconds and it was some sort of future tank crew all tense looking at the radar and the captain asks something like "have you identified it? yes sir it's a katakang 3000 with vector warheads (or something equally dumb sounding)" and everyone gets this "oh poo poo" face. I asked a guy what movie it was and he couldn't tell but he said that he'd been there a good while and the entire movie took place inside the windowless cabin.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Mar 4, 2016

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

anyone know a film where some people wind up in an undersea base and are trying to make it back to the surface and one of them goes in a small sub because he knows ice and then reports some condensation on the window and the other guy starts yelling down the radio that's not condensation right before the sub gets collapsed by the pressure?

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?

Two Finger posted:

anyone know a film where some people wind up in an undersea base and are trying to make it back to the surface and one of them goes in a small sub because he knows ice and then reports some condensation on the window and the other guy starts yelling down the radio that's not condensation right before the sub gets collapsed by the pressure?

Was it The Abyss by any chance? Maybe also Gray Lady Down?

Both features minisub implosions.
Also on my mind are Deepstar Six and Levithian, both had undersea bases.

If not, maybe tis list will help.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Submarine_films

It sounds familliar. I

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
Early 90's comedy film, it's about two young black men, one a nerd and one a supposed thug, they are both trying to get into school but their ID's get mixed up so the nerd is sent to a dangerous ghetto school and the thug to a high class urban school, and of course wacky hijacks ensure. One thing I remember is some bully who targets the nerd is defended by two grown men who like and want to help the nerd for some reason: they throw a sack over him and smash him all over a classroom to make it look like the nerd beat him up.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Cornwind Evil posted:

Early 90's comedy film, it's about two young black men, one a nerd and one a supposed thug, they are both trying to get into school but their ID's get mixed up so the nerd is sent to a dangerous ghetto school and the thug to a high class urban school, and of course wacky hijacks ensure. One thing I remember is some bully who targets the nerd is defended by two grown men who like and want to help the nerd for some reason: they throw a sack over him and smash him all over a classroom to make it look like the nerd beat him up.

Class Act
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103978/

In the early 1990s the theater nearby shut down while this was still playing and somebody climbed up and removed the letters C and L from the title. So for a few months the abandoned theater was playing rear end ACT.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
A scifi movie taking place in some sort of wasteland, I think the antagonists were either aliens or cyborgs, they bled black sludge and you had to stab them in some specific spot to kill them. Pretty sure the protagonist was female, the scene I remember the best is her stabbing a cyborg in the face/throat region but the cyborg is all "ha ha missed my kill zone". I caught it on late night TV once atleast 15 years ago, and since it was on a cheapass network at the time I assume it's from the 80s or early 90s. At one point I thought maybe it was a TV show instead and that's why I never found it but I distinctly remember it being way too long and I couldn't stay awake to watch all of it.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Knights 1993 starring lance henriksen and kris kristofferson.

Quite probably the greatest movie ever made.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

oldpainless posted:

Lance Henriksen is the greatest man to have ever lived

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

oldpainless posted:

Holy poo poo, that's it! I have literally, and literally as in the actual original meaning of the word, been looking for this movie half my life.

All glory to you, sir.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

im gaye posted:

Lance Henriksen is the greatest man to have ever lived

Had the chance to have lunch and hang out with him for a week. Really cool down to earth guy and man he's got so many awesome stories from shooting all these crowd-pleaser movies that you could listen to him go on for hours without realizing it.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Saw a scene from what was probably a martial arts movie the other day where a woman was dancing in a circle of gongs and hitting them with her very long sleeves. Looked relatively recent and had very vivid colours, although I did see it on a demo display in an electronics store so maybe they just turned the saturation way up. I guess it could have been a custom store demo scene but it seemed a bit too specific a scene to shoot just for a demo DVD.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

My Lovely Horse posted:

Saw a scene from what was probably a martial arts movie the other day where a woman was dancing in a circle of gongs and hitting them with her very long sleeves. Looked relatively recent and had very vivid colours, although I did see it on a demo display in an electronics store so maybe they just turned the saturation way up. I guess it could have been a custom store demo scene but it seemed a bit too specific a scene to shoot just for a demo DVD.

Journey to the West (2013) maybe? I definitely remember the scene but not entirely sure its in that movie.

DandyLion fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Mar 8, 2016

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

My Lovely Horse posted:

House of Flying Daggers? Of course those are drums not gongs, so it's clearly not that.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

My Lovely Horse posted:

Maybe House of Flying Daggers.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

That's the one! Cheers. They had it on without sound or I probably would have remembered drums more clearly.

... coulda sworn I'd seen that one, weird.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
It's okay. I saw House of Flying Daggers in the theaters and I can barely remember it myself

Phantom Star
Feb 16, 2005

This was a movie I saw on the Sci Fi channel, back before it became SyFy.

Two twins grew up and they each had a kid, a girl and a boy. Well the boy gets killed and latches onto the girl, and it's basically killing her. The girl's mother finds out that she is pregnant with a boy and tries to keep her daughter alive long enough for her to have the boy and give her nephew life again. The boy's spirit leads the little girl to jump off a roof and put herself in intensive care, so the mother induces labor so save her daughter. She ends up having twins and the last scene is the little girl standing over the baby boy and saying that she was in charge this time.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

WillyTheNewGuy posted:

This was a movie I saw on the Sci Fi channel, back before it became SyFy.

Two twins grew up and they each had a kid, a girl and a boy. Well the boy gets killed and latches onto the girl, and it's basically killing her. The girl's mother finds out that she is pregnant with a boy and tries to keep her daughter alive long enough for her to have the boy and give her nephew life again. The boy's spirit leads the little girl to jump off a roof and put herself in intensive care, so the mother induces labor so save her daughter. She ends up having twins and the last scene is the little girl standing over the baby boy and saying that she was in charge this time.

I need this movie in my life.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Haunting Sarah

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008
Got one I've been wondering about for awhile but watching sci-fi movies with friends recently has brought it back up, none of them had heard of it. My dad rented it when I was about 10, so probably mid to late 90s sci-fi space movie.

I remember that it did show tits, which is why he didn't like me watching it, and it involved... faster than light travel? or something like that. Required the crew to get into these like safety pods but they couldn't be in the same pod because there was a risk they would like, swap genetics or melt into one person or something. The main female character was I THINK black, then they find some guy alone in space who ends up being her ex-lover or some guy from her past who somehow has become younger and stronger and starts killing them all and... I forget how he dies but at the end of the movie the main guy and gal have to get into one pod together and end up swapping eye colors and the ship's computer AI tells her that she got pregnant from it.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Abandoned Toaster posted:

Got one I've been wondering about for awhile but watching sci-fi movies with friends recently has brought it back up, none of them had heard of it. My dad rented it when I was about 10, so probably mid to late 90s sci-fi space movie.

I remember that it did show tits, which is why he didn't like me watching it, and it involved... faster than light travel? or something like that. Required the crew to get into these like safety pods but they couldn't be in the same pod because there was a risk they would like, swap genetics or melt into one person or something. The main female character was I THINK black, then they find some guy alone in space who ends up being her ex-lover or some guy from her past who somehow has become younger and stronger and starts killing them all and... I forget how he dies but at the end of the movie the main guy and gal have to get into one pod together and end up swapping eye colors and the ship's computer AI tells her that she got pregnant from it.

Sounds like Supernova

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Ah ha ha that's exactly it. Amazing how much of it I remembered but so many keywords brought nothing up. 10% score on Rotten Tomatoes, no wonder none of my friends had seen it; I'll have to force them to watch it now on one of our movie drinking nights.

Thanks a million, Lester!

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Supernova is worth a watch because it's a totally hacked up frankestein of a movie.  While watching it you see these incredible swings in tone and style that give you whiplash.  There's this slow moody opening that makes you think you're watching Silent Running.  Then it gets casually sexual and violent and you think it's some strange Verhoven thing.  Not one plot thread gets followed to a satisfying conclusion but instead it's like a telephone game of a film where someone else gets interested in some new thing and then they pass the baton and then it swings again.

Looking over the trivia there's like three different directors and editors so you can understand why it ended up like it did.

The funniest capper is the trailer which settled on Three Dog Night's Momma Told Me Not to Come as the musical choice which originally had me convinced this was a scifi movie nobody had any clue what to do with.  And that I had to see it no matter what.  It was a January release so I already knew it would be a turd.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
What movie is the login page kid from again? And what's he saying, freebird? Fleabag?

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"
It's from The Boogeyman, which is what he's saying before dying a most unconvincing death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcg6qT2zyQM

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I'm trying to remember a French of German film early 2000s told entirely in the first perspective about a man who immune system is failing so he's confined to a bed for the entire film and falls for a woman he's been chatting with over the Internet. A lot of the movie that isn't about the relationship is him dealing with an over protective mother. Any ideas?

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
This is the end of the movie: A tall heavy guy gently plays piano while the room burns around him (he dies). I think he's a murderer or something. He was a really fantastic actor - my mom told me about him - who got typecast as villains as due to his weight/intimidating look, and as a result of trying to lose that weight, he died way too young. This poo poo is on the tip of my tongue but I can only find the various performance art pieces where people set pianos on fire etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
it's probably not the guy you're looking for but it reminds me of this guy from the 30s: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Wolheim