Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Where was that one book one good had found that had a summanry of every stupid thing the Reagan's did during their time in the white house?

gently caress. I wish I could find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Klaus88 posted:

The same lady who believed in fortune telling and astronomy?

Sadly, Bruce Campbell is not available to drive a stake through her blackened heart due to reasons of playing Ash Williams.

Christopher Lee isn't available because he's, well, mostly dead.

I think you meant astrology, lol

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

apatheticman posted:

gently caress Lady, did you see the Bush twins?

They're Rs so off limits.

Now let me tell how Clinton's kid is a dog and the Obama's kids are drunk sluts.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

FuzzySkinner posted:

Where was that one book one good had found that had a summanry of every stupid thing the Reagan's did during their time in the white house?

The clothes have no Emperor.

Tatsuta Age posted:

I think you meant astrology, lol

I was just channeling our glorious immortal god-emperor Ronald Regan. :patriot:

That is my story anyway. :tinfoil:

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

computer parts posted:

I've yet to see anyone outside of the UK do that for China.

They'll be painted as a threat but I haven't seen "we should totally be like them".

trump has been praising them of late for their decisiveness in their south china sea buildup, admiring that they don't need "environmental impact statements" to get stuff done

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Klaus88 posted:

The clothes have no Emperor.

I was just reading this last night and laughing at her using the same joke about their anniversary every year. And now she's dead.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

FuzzySkinner posted:

Something like 500k worth of china.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Phone posted:

Something like 500k worth of china.

The party of fiscal responsibility, folks.

Now let me explain why paying for the poor to feed their children is wasteful...

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

bango skank posted:

So what he's asking for is a "conservative" president and an obstructionist progressive congress that does nothing but insult the guy and question his loyalties, honor, citizenship, and religion? Balance!

e: oh and this new president's wife is an ugly hateful cow, too!

And he's not really even a legit president because he's a Muslim spy from Indonesia!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Didn't Nancy also spend like a shitload on money on dresses and clothes? Like, so much that it couldn't possibly have actually been from the POTUS salary?

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Didn't Nancy also spend like a shitload on money on dresses and clothes? Like, so much that it couldn't possibly have actually been from the POTUS salary?

She spent it on her playdates with Mr T.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

the jizz taxi posted:

She spent it on her playdates with Mr T.

Well, better to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to revive the tradition of the Court Astrologer and playdates with TV stars than helping kids I guess

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

I know right? The way she....I mean she's really...she's awful because...uh...IT'LL COME TO ME

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I think if Walsh lived back in the day he'd be a slave owner
And he'd be writing OP ED's to the paper about how slavery brought so many Africans to Jesus and, decades later, the importance of literacy tests for voting.

No wait, he's already doing that now. It's not even a stretch.

lookoutbelow
Mar 3, 2004

beatlegs posted:

I know right? The way she....I mean she's really...she's awful because...uh...IT'LL COME TO ME

REASONS

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

She's awfully pushy about childhood nutrition.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

It's hard to put into words, but there's some sort of darkness about her, one that seems to come from her very skin.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Epic High Five posted:

Well, she was just trying to show class and decorum expected of the wife of the leader of the free world, unlike Michelle's shopping sprees, which involve an important difference.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

FuzzySkinner posted:

The Clothes Have No Emperor.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dr Christmas posted:

Well, she was just trying to show class and decorum expected of the wife of the leader of the free world, unlike Michelle's shopping sprees, which involve an important difference.

It's because she's taller, isn't it

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Pope Guilty posted:

also LOL at the guy who demands that America be a brutal theocracy and also insists that anybody take a civics test

Area Man Passionate Defender Of What He Imagines Constitution To Be

At Christmas I had to sit through a distant relation going on for a half hour about how "the problem is that nobody teaches the real constitution anymore," and how the college civics course she was taking was all liberal lies because the teacher wanted to have a nuanced discussion of the changes in the interpretation of it over time. She didn't like being told that the individual rights interpretation of 2A has not been the dominant interpretation for most of US history.

The modern conservative movement really traces its roots to the fundamentalist movement, and "constitutional conservatism," is basically "constitutional fundamentalism." The same way people were told they didn't need anyone to interpret the Bible for them they're being told they don't need constitutional scholars and historians to help interpret the constitution for them. So people, including a few SCOTUS justices, just quote mine both to fit their own biases.

Constitutional fundamentalism requires throwing away centuries of jurisprudence and context. It pretends the intent of the writers is fundamentally unknowable, and, in essence, treats the constitution like a divinely-inspired document. Also, in a funny contradiction, not accounting for shifts in language over time means that the fundamentalist interpretations are just as open to the "living document," criticism that fundamentalists like to spout.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Mar 7, 2016

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

ErIog posted:

Area Man Passionate Defender Of What He Imagines Constitution To Be

At Christmas I had to sit through a distant relation going on for a half hour about how "the problem is that nobody teaches the real constitution anymore," and how the college civics course she was taking was all liberal lies because the teacher wanted to have a nuanced discussion of the changes in the interpretation of it over time. She didn't like being told that the individual rights interpretation of 2A has not been the dominant interpretation for most of US history.

The modern conservative movement really traces its roots to the fundamentalist movement, and "constitutional conservatism," is basically "constitutional fundamentalism." The same way people were told they didn't need anyone to interpret the Bible for them they're being told they don't need constitutional scholars and historians to help interpret the constitution for them. So people, including a few SCOTUS justices, just quote mine both to fit their own biases.

The fundamental contradiction in constitutional fundamentalism, though, is that it requires throwing away centuries of jurisprudence and context. It pretends the intent of the writers is fundamentally unknowable, and in essence, treats the constitution like a divinely-inspired document.

It will never cease to impress me that people venerate and refuse to re-interpret a document that specifically outlines that it should not be venerated and must be re-interpreted regularly, and here is how we recommend you do it

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Epic High Five posted:

It will never cease to impress me that people venerate and refuse to re-interpret a document that specifically outlines that it should not be venerated and must be re-interpreted regularly, and here is how we recommend you do it

They can't be bothered to comprehend the fact that it's a legal document. Much like their frequent allusions to the Bible while completely countering its actual teachings, all they want is an absolute authority to support their own views.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

My favorite is the memes that show the Founding Fathers aghast that people today misunderstand their sage words. Especially funny if it's Jefferson, who said the Constitution should be rewritten every nineteen years or else it's tyranny of one generation over the following generations.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Wait, why does Walsh want to disenfranchise white trophy wives?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Marco Rubio just won the Puerto Rico primary with 74% of the vote. It's comeback time, baby!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

god is michelle hussein o even going to attend her funeral? what is michelle's problem?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

smell this posted:

god is michelle hussein o even going to attend her funeral? what is michelle's problem?

Why does this lady even think that Michelle took Barack's middle name when they married? Her middle name is LaVaughn.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Jurgan posted:

Marco Rubio just won the Puerto Rico primary with 74% of the vote. It's comeback time, baby!

Wait , non states have primaries?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

FuzzySkinner posted:

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/louis-c-k-donald-trump-insane-bigot-dangerous-1201723679/

Louis CK wrote an interesting letter on Trump, I say interesting because he cites the classic "TRUTH IS IN THE MIDDLE" routine from South Park that we all despise.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/louis-c-k-donald-trump-insane-bigot-dangerous-1201723679/

Here's the problem I have with this line of thinking. First off, conservatism? Failed ideology. It's destroyed our country and ruined many people's lives as a result. It helps two groups of people. Big business asssholes and politicians. That's it. We see education, healthcare and worker's rights chipped away in favor of helping out rich assholes.

second off? Where are these "smart", "kind" conservatives he keeps wanting to run and "balance" out the government? I mean he cites Kasich but Kasich to a certain extent is more so the exception to the rule. For every Kasich? There's like 5 Tom Coburn's, Ted Cruz's or what have you.

The truth isn't in "The middle" when the middle is pretty much on our side at this point, and the other side is so drat far right.

I sort of doubt that he actually believes that 'truth is in the middle' rather than he just sent out an inflammatory email and needed to reign it back a bit at the end.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Necc0 posted:

I sort of doubt that he actually believes that 'truth is in the middle' rather than he just sent out an inflammatory email and needed to reign it back a bit at the end.

this. It reads like he wants to not piss people off. He doesnt want to piss away any conservative fans so he is trying to be overly delicate with it. plus he says he doesnt like any of them. he just thinks trump would loving end it all.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Necc0 posted:

If advocating for a conservative president to "balance out" the liberal one is his idea of reigning it back a bit to not come off as too inflammatory, I think Louis C.K.'s manners might be going a bit too far, and someone should probably stop him before he ends up loving the pizza man because he thinks that's how you're supposed to show appreciation for a speedy delivery.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Xanderkish posted:

If advocating for a conservative president to "balance out" the liberal one is his idea of reigning it back a bit to not come off as too inflammatory, I think Louis C.K.'s manners might be going a bit too far, and someone should probably stop him before he ends up loving the pizza man because he thinks that's how you're supposed to show appreciation for a speedy delivery.

the dude isnt exactly a "safe" comic now a days and he has lost some support from parts of the left because of various jokes in the past. my guess is he is playing it careful so he doesnt lose any more fans.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Maybe it has something to do with his compulsion to show his dick to female people. That kind of stuff is forgiven pretty easily in conservative circles.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
Dude is white and rich as gently caress, though, so I can see why advocating for a conservative president to bring balance to the force country would seem like a totally okay idea to him and not at all crazy.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
I thought he was Mexican? He's "passing white", in any case.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
I find Louie CK to be an extremely funny person when he manages to actually be funny. However, I have come to the conclusion that he isn't a very smart man and extremely socially awkward. I also suspect he wants to be deep like Carlin or something, but in truth his feelings and views are pretty drat shallow. Case in point: the loving duckling story arc of his show. I felt like he was trying on conservatism for a few episodes there, it was so painful and saccharine.

ETA: Don't even get me started on his recounting how pot ruined his childhood. He claimed on an interview (NPR?)that was based on his actual experience, only he got into way worse trouble or something. That whole story seems so improbable, and I've had to interact with teenagers making bad decisions because of pot, and something just seems off about his tale.

Bast Relief fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Mar 7, 2016

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Let's go check out what Crowder sai..

Steven Crowder ‏@scrowder
#DemDebate Hillary wants to protect kids from guns. Time better spent protecting interns from her husband's raping penis (ALLEGEd).

Eat a dick.

Steven Crowder ‏@scrowder
#DemDebate Bernie just blamed Detroit on capitalist corporations... And not 100% Democratic rule since '61. Too stupid for president.

-quietly ignores the success that the Bay Area, Minneapolis, Portland, Seattle, Austin and San Antonio have-

Steven Crowder ‏@scrowder 10h10 hours ago
Watching old Seinfeld reruns, there's no way they could get away with 90% of this today. Tragic.

I refuse to accept this an answer when "Always Sunny in Philadelphia" is on the air, and Larry David's "Curb Your Enthuasism" is still very recent in people's memories.

Seriously those shows make Seinfeld look like an episode of Sesame Street.

Say um, aren't you supporting Ted Cruz for president?

Ted Cruz let's see...let's see
-Attended Harvard and Princeton. (was a dick)
-Worked as a clerk for a Supreme Court Justice in 1995
-Worked with the NRA and John Boehner in a private practice. Worked with a law firm attempting to get Bill Clinton impeached
-Worked as an advisor for the George W. Bush during the 2000 election.Was universally loathed by most of his staff and is still loathed by the man himself apparently
-Worked as the Solicitor General of Texas, proceeded to do things like attempt to throw a man in jail for 14 years because he stole a loving calculator from Wal-Mart
-Worked as a lawyer again, representing Pfizer in a court case where they were accused of over charging customers.
-Became a US Senator in 2012.

Yeah okay.

Crowder, you're a piece of dog poo poo, and you have no room to talk.

Ted Cruz is the epitome of "establishment". I get really fed up with this criticism by right wingers when the majority of the people these idiots cheerlead for? Have either done the exact same things to lead to the path of becoming an elected official or have done things much, much, much, more in the pocket of big business.

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Mar 7, 2016

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

Crowder, you're a piece of dog poo poo, and you have no room to talk.

This is a good catch-all response for Crowder's malarkey

Not really right-wing, but Julie Klausner's reaction to Nancy Reagan's passing amused me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

Steven Crowder ‏@scrowder 10h10 hours ago
Watching old Seinfeld reruns, there's no way they could get away with 90% of this today. Tragic.

I refuse to accept this an answer when "Always Sunny in Philadelphia" is on the air, and Larry David's "Curb Your Enthuasism" is still very recent in people's memories.

Seriously those shows make Seinfeld look like an episode of Sesame Street.

I haven't even seen a full season of Seinfeld and I feel like the loving Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are edgier than it ever got.