Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I dunno, the last ballgame I went to was towards the end of boot camp, and even with the novelty of not being at the depot and being able to buy whatever food we wanted, I was still bored after an hour or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Is that an Incredibles jersey?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Ok Fella posted:

Actually going to a baseball game is the only not boring way to watch baseball. There's a ton of poo poo going on.

Minor league games have cheerleaders, contests between innings, and dollar beer nights.

You can also watch a player's dreams and aspirations get crushed under the relentless weight of a .205 batting average.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Krispy Kareem posted:

Minor league games have cheerleaders, contests between innings, and dollar beer nights.

You can also watch a player's dreams and aspirations get crushed under the relentless weight of a .205 batting average.

Go to see teams from an independent league where the players really have no hopes anymore. Not really freudy, but the St. Paul Saints are awesome. Constant dumb poo poo going on with the fans, a pig that brings the balls to the umpire, beer beer beer, and this guy is a part owner of the team:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Tony Phillips posted:

Go to see teams from an independent league where the players really have no hopes anymore. Not really freudy, but the St. Paul Saints are awesome. Constant dumb poo poo going on with the fans, a pig that brings the balls to the umpire, beer beer beer, and this guy is a part owner of the team:

Bill also is part owner of the Riverdogs here in Charleston.

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

Yeah, but then you aren't really going for the baseball, you're there for the peoplewatching.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Its really not safe to look away from the action at a baseball game. The balls come rocketing into the stands at lethal velocity, bats are the least of it.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

To be fair, the kid could have just been looking at something for a minute. Not likely, but we should give the kid the benefit of the doubt. It wouldn't take that long for a bat to fly into the stands.

Good on that parent, though. He was just going for the block instead of the block-and-catch. He probably would have gotten a nasty bruise at least and a hosed up arm at most. Kid's lucky to be walking away without a broken nose.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Say Nothing posted:

Do we need to start a PYF Cringe-Inducing Things thread?

adding spinach to a chicken and rice casserolle doesn't make it healthy it just makes it not midwestern.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

To be fair, the kid could have just been looking at something for a minute. Not likely, but we should give the kid the benefit of the doubt. It wouldn't take that long for a bat to fly into the stands.

Good on that parent, though. He was just going for the block instead of the block-and-catch. He probably would have gotten a nasty bruise at least and a hosed up arm at most. Kid's lucky to be walking away without a broken nose.

Yeah he was probably checking his email real quick and not balls deep in angry birds. Come on man.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/DavidStegora/status/705833064232935424

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
WHO LET DOG DRIVE? He clearly doesn't have his CDL!

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Can't touch him, he's union.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Dogs still a better truck driver than a fair amount of the human ones.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Judge Schnoopy posted:

WHO LET DOG DRIVE? He clearly doesn't have his CDL!

I mean, he does, but the D in his case stands for Dog.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Ok Fella posted:

Yeah he was probably checking his email real quick and not balls deep in angry birds. Come on man.

He was watching a screeching child yell rape jokes into a facecam while playing a videogame for the Internet and we all know it

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
yeah what a dumb child for not anticipating the risk of a flying bat of death while attending a sleep-inducing, boring rear end event like a baseball game, i personally mastered spatial and projecile awereness at age six and was blocking rogue baseballs before I could even talk

some of y'all go through some ridiculous lengths to justify why people highlighted in this thread "deserved it", just enjoy the content you creepy spazzes

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
No I know that kid and he's a giant douchebag. Trust me.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Dad's got some reflexes. I remember when my dad did the ol' father/son stiff arm when he had to slam on brakes suddenly, except he was a lil slow so all he did was punch me in the side of the head and bounce my head off the window.

I got a new gi joe out of the deal though, so it was all cool.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Dad's got some reflexes. I remember when my dad did the ol' father/son stiff arm when he had to slam on brakes suddenly, except he was a lil slow so all he did was punch me in the side of the head and bounce my head off the window.

I got a new gi joe out of the deal though, so it was all cool.

This is a mom/daughter thing, too. When I went to visit for Christmas a couple of years ago and she skidded on some ice, she did this despite me being in my mid-twenties. :3:
(The stiff arm, not the sucker punch.)

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

KingSlime posted:

yeah what a dumb child for not anticipating the risk of a flying bat of death while attending a sleep-inducing, boring rear end event like a baseball game, i personally mastered spatial and projecile awereness at age six and was blocking rogue baseballs before I could even talk

some of y'all go through some ridiculous lengths to justify why people highlighted in this thread "deserved it", just enjoy the content you creepy spazzes

Yes why pay attention at a sporting event that's known for poo poo flying into the spectators at skull crushing speed. Just bury your face in your phone it's cool.

I'm pretty sure no one is saying a kid deserves that but you should at least be a bit cautious.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Lets be fair, if I had to choose between sitting through a baseball game or being rushed to hospital with a concussion, I'd have to give it some thought.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
But you can drink beer at a baseball game sillybuns!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

SiKboy posted:

Lets be fair, if I had to choose between sitting through a baseball game or being rushed to hospital with a concussion, I'd have to give it some thought.

That rear end in a top hat of a dad just cost his son an autographed ball or bat from the team. What a poo poo-head. I hope he gets AIDs in his dick from his fat mistress and his wife leaves him and he never sees his son again. He's worse than the parents that push their kid's face into cakes.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Ok Fella posted:

But you can drink beer at a baseball game sillybuns!

America is a bit of a poo poo hole, its true. But I'm pretty sure they don't let children drink beer.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
Morphine though.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Roro posted:

America is a bit of a poo poo hole, its true. But I'm pretty sure they don't let children drink beer.

Come to the south, I have many things to show you :banjo:

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

SiKboy posted:

I mean it can actually be a lot worse than that, like brain hemorrhaging, comas, death, all that stuff. Its not the kids fault per say, kids will be kids. But the first thing I'd drill into my kid's head when I start taking him to baseball would be "pay attention when the ball is in play, or we won't be coming back".

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Also there are thousands of seats in any given baseball stadium that are very very unlikely to see an errant bat or even a ball.

If you have a dumb ADD kid, maybe sit there instead.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

HEY NONG MAN posted:

Also there are thousands of seats in any given baseball stadium that are very very unlikely to see an errant bat or even a ball.

If you have a dumb ADD kid, maybe sit there instead.

Yeah the "possibility of being hit by bat" seats are a subset of the expensive seats.
On the other hand, who cares?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The batter should've run up into the stands and beat the kid to death with the bat after it failed to bust his face like a watermelon catapult.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Ok Fella posted:

Yes why pay attention at a sporting event that's known for poo poo flying into the spectators at skull crushing speed. Just bury your face in your phone it's cool.

I'm pretty sure no one is saying a kid deserves that but you should at least be a bit cautious.

Sometimes people use their portable telephones to take photographs of interesting things happening around them. Just saiyan

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

syscall girl posted:

Sometimes people use their portable telephones to take photographs of interesting things happening around them. Just saiyan

Yup. Known people watchers and photo fanatics the 8 year old child.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Roro posted:

It is an affirmative defense in some states for the alcohol to be physically given to the child by the parent. An occasional beer isn't going to gently caress up a kid, particularly if it's piss-water.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
You guys are over thinking it. The schadenfreude is that baseball is still considered a major sport and people still actually enjoy it.

People caring about that stupid as hell sport is the schaden.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

The batter should've run up into the stands and beat the kid to death with the bat after it failed to bust his face like a watermelon catapult.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jastiger posted:

You guys are over thinking it. The schadenfreude is that baseball is still considered a major sport and people still actually enjoy it.

Its no less boring than soccer or football. The real schaden is people not watching the One True Sport that is ice hockey. It's fast, action packed, violent, physically challenging to play, and has the coolest uniforms.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Jastiger posted:

What sport should people care about Jastiger? Video game contests (that's a sport now)? Competitive eating? Soccer? Curling?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Anything but baseball. Every sport has its lulls. But I can't think of another major sport in the US that you can spend your entire time on the field standing in engaged and still win. Even in Soccer your goalie can be a part of an offensive to reset the ball.

Baseball, only 3 people are required every play. The pitcher, the batter, and the catcher. Everyone else could be snoozing. It's also superstitious which is silly. Lastly it doesn't use technology to properly officiate, so you get snap calls that mean your team wins or loses on literally a whim. No recourse no review just lol, the sun was in my eye so you're out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Jastiger posted:

It's boring as he'll I'll agree with you but going to games is a lot of fun.

That reminds me of some personal shadenfreude: I lived in Michigan when I was a kid and you could get tigers tickets for almost nothing(this was the old stadium years after they won a world series so no one gave a gently caress about them) I went to at least 25-30 games and they lost. Every. Single. One.