Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Lblitzer posted:

Best Buy didn't have the Gold version (I've got gift cards and GCU) so I have to get the base version, do they sell the Gold upgrade individually?

None of the DLC is available on the store yet. Presumably it's coming with the proper release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

poptart_fairy posted:

Shoot Cleaners in the back. When they go boom it prompts dialogue similar to the above, but is a guaranteed kill on anything less than a gold tier enemy. Even then they'll be stunned and their flamethrowers deactivated.
Some cleaner types have a smaller tank on the thigh that's super easy to put shots into as well.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
VOIP related suggestion:

Maybe the spreadsheet in the OP should contain a cell with preferred VOIP client? Since this is an open thread we should probably not post Mumble/Discord server data in it but everybody can indicate which client they prefer.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Thanks guys, I am getting the PS4 hard copy, I'll just have to spring for the Season Pass later on. Cannot wait for this game.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Hopper posted:

VOIP related suggestion:

Maybe the spreadsheet in the OP should contain a cell with preferred VOIP client? Since this is an open thread we should probably not post Mumble/Discord server data in it but everybody can indicate which client they prefer.

Eh, works for me.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Nvidia has new official drivers out, with Division support. Just head to the driver support page on their site, it's dated for 7th of March (today).

It has a 'clean install' feature that I haven't seen before as well, basically it removes all traces of your old GTX drivers before installing the new one. Very nice feature to have.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Nvidia has new official drivers out, with Division support. Just head to the driver support page on their site, it's dated for 7th of March (today).

It has a 'clean install' feature that I haven't seen before as well, basically it removes all traces of your old GTX drivers before installing the new one. Very nice feature to have.

noice.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Edit: I am an idiot.

TehRedWheelbarrow fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Mar 7, 2016

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Thanks for three heads up zed

Furiously
Jan 4, 2014

...and Furiously as The Beagle.

Lblitzer posted:

Best Buy didn't have the Gold version (I've got gift cards and GCU) so I have to get the base version, do they sell the Gold upgrade individually?

Don't you miss out on a couple outfits if you get the vanilla version?

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

New drivers just bricked me entirely I'm doa here

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Furiously posted:

Don't you miss out on a couple outfits if you get the vanilla version?

Eh, I'm okay with that really. I thought getting the Gold version gave you benefits of exclusive drops and whatnot but I guess it's just the season pass with a few extra cosmetics and weapons.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Dead Like Rev posted:

wait, what? like no bios post or anything?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Austin Walker of Giantbomb.com is streaming the Division.

Youtube Link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_whn8wHG9v8

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Dexo posted:

Austin Walker of Giantbomb.com is streaming the Division.

Youtube Link

28 neck tattoo options!

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Watching the clock and twiddling my thumbs. Can't wait to be the pinkest, warmest, most-parka-clad murder machine in Manhattan.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I'm a big fan of the reddit meltdown about customization options of "No hispanic options" and "Why are all the female models ugly"

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

No Hispanic options is a little lovely, to be fair.

Giant Bomb's Austin Walker has a physical copy and is streaming the opening of the game, since servers are up.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

SneakyFrog posted:

wait, what? like no bios post or anything?

So poor wordage I can get into bios and all but my display drivers are hosed can't get into Windows at all without getting the Windows 10 version of a bsod

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Why did I do the first mission on hard.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Dead Like Rev posted:

So poor wordage I can get into bios and all but my display drivers are hosed can't get into Windows at all without getting the Windows 10 version of a bsod

if you have any onboard video, take the card out, fully uninstall the drivers then reseat and reinstall the old version (just to help)

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

Dead Like Rev posted:

should probably roll back

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Loose Ifer posted:

should probably roll back

Trying to 10 is being a bitch

Edit: Got into safe mode, for the record I have a 970 and the new drivers ugh beware.

Dead Like Rev fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Mar 7, 2016

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Dead Like Rev posted:

Trying to 10 is being a bitch

Hit the reset button when the blue windows logo shows up. It starts in recovery mode after that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

vyst posted:

I'm a big fan of the reddit meltdown about customization options of "No hispanic options" and "Why are all the female models ugly"

No Hispanic character customization is kind of weird, especially since the game has Black and I believe Asian.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Dead Like Rev posted:

I saw others mention that the new nvidia drivers are making them crash with blue screen. Probably best to avoid at the moment, nvidia qa has been poo poo lately.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

poptart_fairy posted:

Shoot dudes when they're prepping grenades and they'll drop it, prompting some wonderfully silly "oh no..." dialogue. :allears:

Shoot Cleaners in the back. When they go boom it prompts dialogue similar to the above, but is a guaranteed kill on anything less than a gold tier enemy. Even then they'll be stunned and their flamethrowers deactivated.

This is right :thumbsup:

poptart_fairy posted:

shoot all dogs. They have rabies and players will flip out at you.

This is wrong :smith:

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

muscles like this? posted:

No Hispanic character customization is kind of weird, especially since the game has Black and I believe Asian.

Reckon their thought process was like "do we need a separate box for Hispanics? Naw, on the census they pick 'white Hispanic,' right? Let's go back to making more sexy guns."

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

keyframe posted:

I saw others mention that the new nvidia drivers are making them crash with blue screen. Probably best to avoid at the moment, nvidia qa has been poo poo lately.

... ha I just updated to those.

... a ha ha oh gently caress

Are these the ones released today? And would I have blue screened immediately?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Zaphod42 posted:

This is right :thumbsup:

This is wrong :smith:

Hey I'm just looking out for NYC's population. :colbert:

Oh yeah, use lock picks and give medkits to civilians whenever possible. My backpack is stufffed full of silly jackets and hats looted and given to me as a result. I even have fluffy boots. :buddy:

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
no hispanic is dumb when they put the effort in for asian and black people

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Dead Like Rev posted:

What if this is the GPU version of a dark winter? One by one all displays will start loving up...

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Wooze posted:

Hit the reset button when the blue windows logo shows up. It starts in recovery mode after that.

Yeah got it, restoring now.

MRA PUA Tay-Tay Fan
Sep 12, 2001
I'm back Bitches
Did anyone else's steam preload loving disappear (or is that just a thing)?

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
:captainpop:

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

I LIVE! Avoid the new drivers guys!

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Hopper posted:

VOIP related suggestion:

That would entail people who already entered the info in the form, to re-enter it again and make a clusterfuck... IMO people should go to their voip of choice as both are listed in the OP. It has never been a problem in games before, dunno why it's such a big deal right now.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Tempus Thales posted:

That would entail people who already entered the info in the form, to re-enter it again and make a clusterfuck... IMO people should go to their voip of choice as both are listed in the OP. It has never been a problem in games before, dunno why it's such a big deal right now.

voip war never changes.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I never update my display drivers unless I'm having issues. It's saved me a lot of grief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Fair enough, I just thought it might help prevent another lengthy discussion...

ALSO: Show us your purtiest outfits goons

• Locked thread