Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008

Drakes posted:

If you're itching to see what the game is all about then theres nothing wrong with hopping into the game as it is, and yeah its not quite an english/NA release but simply an option for english menus/texts. If you do intend to get deep into this its highly recommended to make an account during a legendfest where the gacha rates are 2x. This is primarily to lock your "start-dash" pool to contain exclusive characters from the legendfest, start-dash promo basically allows you to cherry pick whatever was in the pool during time of account creation and a 10-roll for $30. Legendfests are typically at the end/beginning of months.

Been playing since November myself, and its alright not knowing any japanese once you're used to navigating the menus. While you can use google translate if you're playing via browser emulation. And if you're into collecting collabs stuff then starting early is certainly better.

So is a Legendfest going on right now, since it's the 3rd?

Also wonder if they're doing anything special on the 10th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Nope, last legendfest was about Feb 26-29 I think.

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
Looks like it's a /pain/ to do Start-DAsh. Have to get like 4000Y worth of Mobacoin, since a 3000 Yen is under 3000 mobacoin. So I foresee lots of rerolling during LegendFest.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

The Start Dash comes around once a month until you buy it, so it's not like you have to get it right away, but then the pool of characters you get to pick from with the ticket is determined by what the gatcha pool was when you started.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Thumb Drift is a simple but quite challenging drift racing/endless runner game from the devs of OTTTD. It's pretty addictive.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

mrkillboy posted:

Thumb Drift is a simple but quite challenging drift racing/endless runner game from the devs of OTTTD. It's pretty addictive.

By the makers of OTTTD? I'll definitely give it a shot then, good times!

dipple
Oct 22, 2008
I feel like I'm missing something with this fishing game, barely breaking even having to pay 500 coins for 10 bait.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

dipple posted:

I feel like I'm missing something with this fishing game, barely breaking even having to pay 500 coins for 10 bait.

You have just started at that point. Just keep catching fish and soon you will have plenty of money.

A tip that is useful throughout all the levels is that if you cast straight down you can tap a few times to bring your bait back up to the surface. Get a fish or two following it and time it right to were they strike as it hits the surface and you can land fish that you normally could not. When they are out of the water they don't have much strength. I use this all the time.

Also most of the special fish will attack the smaller fish. Do the same thing but catch a small fish and bring him to the top and let the special fish strike him at the surface for any easy catch.

vmdvr
Aug 15, 2004
Watch out for Snakes!

Antifreeze Head posted:

Tales of Illyria is a solid choice, though not the prettiest game you'll ever play on your mobile. It costs about a dollar, there is some IAP though it is just there to make the game easier or to throw some bucks at the creator. There are a couple of sequels as well.

They are big games, both in install size and world size. I think they can be played offline as well, I don't really remember since it has been a while since I've played. But since there is a new one, I might have to revisit.

They can absolutely be played offline. But it's a HUGE initial download when you first run the game - like almost a gig. On the plus side, you can choose to save your gig of game data in a shared directory where all three games can see it, so you only have to download it once.

I haven't really played the third game much yet (been distracted/busy), but I can vouch for the first two being pretty awesome, if a little on the difficult side when starting out.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

vmdvr posted:

if a little on the difficult side when starting out.

This is very much true. I got frustrated when I tried the first one because I ended up in a no-win situation; I wasn't aware these were supposed to be rogue-like RPGs.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Trastion posted:

You have just started at that point. Just keep catching fish and soon you will have plenty of money.

A tip that is useful throughout all the levels is that if you cast straight down you can tap a few times to bring your bait back up to the surface. Get a fish or two following it and time it right to were they strike as it hits the surface and you can land fish that you normally could not. When they are out of the water they don't have much strength. I use this all the time.

Also most of the special fish will attack the smaller fish. Do the same thing but catch a small fish and bring him to the top and let the special fish strike him at the surface for any easy catch.

A few things I didn't know until way too far into the game:

1. After casting, you can jostle the hook by swiping the screen without reeling in. A pop up usually tells you this in the first level, but it didn't show up for me on my first start.
2. Zapping costs bucks unless you have gotten any consumable zaps from catching a special lightning fish. It has the buck icon under the symbol, us on my phone it was way too small to discern until I'd burned through quite a few bucks.
3. Golden bait, unlike regular and special baits that are only good on one map, is the same for all the maps.

I got the doubler. Really takes out the stress of having to make money without really losing the challenge of landing big fish.

I do wish bucks were easier to come by or gold bait was cheaper. I'm in the Arctic now, and special fish without gold bait have become impossible to catch. They're just way too strong.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Has anyone ever gotten a Google survey with a video before? I got to watch a commercial with dogs wearing GoPros Sony Action Cams :3

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

mrkillboy posted:

Has anyone ever gotten a Google survey with a video before? I got to watch a commercial with dogs wearing GoPros Sony Action Cams :3

Yup. I got one for an absolutely bizarre shoe commercial involving actors or rappers watching a movie they're in. It was very unclear it was even about shoes.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Little late but for any more fishers
http://goo.gl/EBjS58

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Is there some trick to dodging the tiny trash fish? I don't have the doubler so they are worthless but also very fast and aggressive.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

mrkillboy posted:

I had one with the commercial you've probably seen with Danny DeVito and George Clooney pitching coffee. I had a pretty scathing review, which they probably quickly discarded because they already spent a bunch of money making a commercial with Danny DeVito and George Clooney.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Little late but for any more fishers
http://goo.gl/EBjS58

This. Need more fish friends.

http://goo.gl/rJRzzc

Serious Frolicking posted:

Is there some trick to dodging the tiny trash fish? I don't have the doubler so they are worthless but also very fast and aggressive.

You can dodge them by swiping to the left or right, but the game honestly seems like it would be a horrific nightmare without the doubler by world 3 or 4.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Bash them with the hook before they start chasing it.

CheetoRamen
Feb 1, 2013
Quoting month-old post.

Shwqa posted:

Every boss now has a new gimmick to fit the one screen. They are all pretty good except the bat boss, who is a total train wreck.
Pin have been rebalanced, lightning rook is no longer the most powerful pin by a wide margin.
Mingle points are given by wining the pin slammer minigame.

Thank you for posting this. I beat the bat and haven't touched the game since then, expecting the later bosses to be the same kind of shitshow. This is very reassuring.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
So I lost ALL my progress in the fishing game. I kept getting a popup every time that offered me two different cloud profiles. It shows the cash and everything and one was mine and the other was a fresh start. Well I always clicked mine and played and it was annoying but OK until late last night I was checking for Museum money before I went to bed and hit the wrong empty option. Now it won't offer me a choice and has totally reset all my progress. I do still have the coin doubler but I don't even have any friends or anything now.

I'm going to contact the developer to see if there is anything I can do. I do know my friend/cloud code since I posted it in here so maybe that will help.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I stopped getting tournament rewards.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

I stopped getting tournament rewards.

It may become available a day later, it has happened twice to me so far.

SecretSquirrel
Jun 3, 2003

Masticator

Hooray! Fish!

http://goo.gl/doF7Xz (pjjw7484)

I've added everyone in the thread up to this point I think

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
I ended up giving up on that soul-sucking fishy poo poo show. I wasn't having enough fun to justify the coin doubler and prices ramped up so quickly that I just got sick of the whole affair. Maybe I just suck at fishing.

In other news, I've got a shitton of Kemco games from the 2 times they've run humble bundles and I'm always impressed at their B-List-iness. It's clear that they put a lot of work and love into their RPGs, but they just aren't great. Solid 6s.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Ok I added everyone so far but here is my new profile fishing code: dmkk6975

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

I ended up giving up on that soul-sucking fishy poo poo show. I wasn't having enough fun to justify the coin doubler and prices ramped up so quickly that I just got sick of the whole affair. Maybe I just suck at fishing.

In other news, I've got a shitton of Kemco games from the 2 times they've run humble bundles and I'm always impressed at their B-List-iness. It's clear that they put a lot of work and love into their RPGs, but they just aren't great. Solid 6s.

It's really not much of a game without the coin doubler, so I can't blame you - i wound up being able to justify it and the game is 100x more fun now that I don't have to get frustrated with common fish.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I'm playing that fish game and bought the doubler because it was pretty fun. I've been paying attention to the actual sell prices on my fish (Like before they get doubled), and I'm pretty sure with bait price scaling the game is a nightmare of barely breaking even or finding yourself stuck in the goldfish pond again.

With the doubler it's a decent timekiller though

Pointsman
Oct 9, 2010

If you see me posting about fitness
ASK ME HOW MY HELLRAISER TRAINING IS GOING
Giving fish game a shot http://goo.gl/1H81ET

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
Also want fish buddies, I've added everyone else: http://goo.gl/vCk61L

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Metal Slug Attack is pretty fun.

shinymodem
May 21, 2007
You can break the game if you fish under the boat. Once you get a fish chasing the lure, pull the lure towards the surface so that when they grab it they go airborn. Power levels don't matter outside the water. I made it to the Arctic at power level 60 using this trick, but it doesn't work well with the really long fish.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Man, Avengers Academy has Black Widow voiced by Allison Brie, and Alexandra Daddario plays Wasp, and Dave Franco is Iron Man, What? Also Colton Haines is Thor, ASAP Rocky is Falcon, JOHN CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENAAAAAAAAAAAAA is Hulk and Kieran Shipka is Spider-Woman, Seriously, for a mobile game that's a loving crazy cast?

Now I know why its a whale paradise, they need to pay all those actors.

Though Gus from Rooster Teeth is Hawkeye, that's loving hilarious.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

twistedmentat posted:

Kieran Shipka is Spider-Woman

This is really weird to me, since she's still 10-year-old Sally Draper to me. Yes, even after finishing the show.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

This is really weird to me, since she's still 10-year-old Sally Draper to me. Yes, even after finishing the show.

No, its the same to me. The woman playing Kamala is the actress that's in a lot of stuff as "young indian woman", and she sounds older than everyone else.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Man, Avengers Academy has Black Widow voiced by Allison Brie, and Alexandra Daddario plays Wasp, and Dave Franco is Iron Man, What? Also Colton Haines is Thor, ASAP Rocky is Falcon, JOHN CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENAAAAAAAAAAAAA is Hulk and Kieran Shipka is Spider-Woman, Seriously, for a mobile game that's a loving crazy cast?

Now I know why its a whale paradise, they need to pay all those actors.

Though Gus from Rooster Teeth is Hawkeye, that's loving hilarious.

That explains the ~6 lines of dialogue catchphrases for each. When you're paying by the syllable you don't want to over extend your budget.

Also explains the lack of game. Cute art direction, could easily see it as a Sunday Morning Cartoon.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

twistedmentat posted:

No, its the same to me. The woman playing Kamala is the actress that's in a lot of stuff as "young indian woman", and she sounds older than everyone else.

Priyanka Chopra is 33 years old and her first western film is going to be Baywatch with The Rock, so she definitely hasn't played "young Indian woman" in anything?

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Geektox posted:

Priyanka Chopra is 33 years old and her first western film is going to be Baywatch with The Rock, so she definitely hasn't played "young Indian woman" in anything?

Wait hold on, they're making a loving Baywatch movie? :psyduck:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

El Disco posted:

Wait hold on, they're making a loving Baywatch movie? :psyduck:

Dude if you aren't friends with the rock on Facebook, I don't know what you are doing with you life.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Woot, they fixed my Fishing Break cloud save issue so now I have my old progress back. I had almost got back to the same point over the weekend though since I had a few hours being bored at the in-laws this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Fishing Break has been a good time sink. I did donate for the upgrades (thanks opinion rewards). It really makes the game easier with money.

I am having a problem with my friends list. A bunch of them have a blank blue bar. Clicking it does nothing. Anyone else experiencing this?