Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Only way is to play with someone that doesn't have the DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Javes posted:

Only way is to play with someone that doesn't have the DLC.

Which made for some really good games today.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Found out the crossbow is a one shot through Kinetic Armour yesterday, gently caress that stupid DLC poo poo, especially the dual wield version, it's better than nearly every shotgun

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Which made for some really good games today.

glad your internet cooperated today, those were some fun games

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Found out the crossbow is a one shot through Kinetic Armour yesterday, gently caress that stupid DLC poo poo, especially the dual wield version, it's better than nearly every shotgun

You have no idea how much I want that stupid crossbow. I couldn't give a drat about any of the other weapons but I want that.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
http://www.twitch.tv/mistermacys

With Javes. <:mad:>

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Mar 7, 2016

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

versus posted:

is there any way to disable dlc yet

Seeing posts like this doesnt fill me with confidence when i think about buying the season pass

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

There's always one poor in the group

Still buy the season pass everytime for some reason

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Kizurue posted:

You have no idea how much I want that stupid crossbow. I couldn't give a drat about any of the other weapons but I want that.

I have it and it's loads of fun. Once you unlock the dual wield, you can just free tons of arrow in the face of unsuspecting enemies. Sometimes it's hard to aim though. But since it's pretty silent and shoots fast, you can kill people pretty easy most of the time. Scavenger is required though, you burn through those bolts really fast, and for some reason you can't always pick them up. Even if you see them sticking out of surfaces etc

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

beedeebee posted:

I have it and it's loads of fun. Once you unlock the dual wield, you can just free tons of arrow in the face of unsuspecting enemies. Sometimes it's hard to aim though. But since it's pretty silent and shoots fast, you can kill people pretty easy most of the time. Scavenger is required though, you burn through those bolts really fast, and for some reason you can't always pick them up. Even if you see them sticking out of surfaces etc

The day Fuzzo got his I was following him around praying for his death so I could steal it and play with it. Already have a good amount of attachments for it even with it locked.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Kizurue posted:

The day Fuzzo got his I was following him around praying for his death so I could steal it and play with it. Already have a good amount of attachments for it even with it locked.

Yeah, that's the other thing. Once I got it, I jumped in games and started killing people with it. Whenever you die, tons of people pick it up to try it out. It's kinda fun to have half a lobby using stupid crossbows.

anuj
Oct 14, 2005

~anime crew~
~R.I.P. Soap-san~

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

I did a bunch of Nuketown only this weekend, and I was getting SUPER salty over the dual wield crossbows. First time I think I've ever actually hated a weapon.

versus posted:

is there any way to disable dlc yet

Ya play with me :cool:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Wow, the kill counter on your weapon is actually really cool. It's quite fun to see the numbers change after you kill the other team.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

~122 Days in and we still don't have the base game complete.

No 100% challenge/dark ops challenge card.
No "screenshot" on your profile.(At least on XONE)
Purifier is still able to dump 6+ kills without any real ammo concerns.

Still love the game but griping on the dumb things.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

really glad they seem to be blind about the brecci and wont nerf it. never nerf it thanks.,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC78mJ0RwWU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Stux posted:

really glad they seem to be blind about the brecci and wont nerf it. never nerf it thanks.,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC78mJ0RwWU

That wall run near-death was pretty cool.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That wall run near-death was pretty cool.

it is very important to learn how to reverse direction on walls while keeping the wall run active imo

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Stux posted:

it is very important to learn how to reverse direction on walls while keeping the wall run active imo

despite being the inventor of the flowchart, this.

Deviant posted:

This came up a lot today while crushing pubbies, so here's a guide on how and when to wall run (i.e. on Combine, Metro, or Hunted).

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I always started combine yesterday by wall running and I was only immediately picked off less than half of the matches!

Wall running owns. Brecci also owns. Getting head shots with it has been a pain, though.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

There's four guns in the game that can turn your life into a living hell if 2+ members on the other team use them well: The 48 Dredge, the M8A7, the XR-2, and the Brecci.

The Shieva and the Manowar follow close behind if the person using them knows what they're doing.

The dredge is just a monster loving murderbeast. Nothing short of a good sniper is going to beat a competent dredge user at a distance, and if you want to play the A#1 Unfun Map combo, play against a team using two of those on Infection, locking down the lanes and the courthouse. Absolute shitshow of awful.

Every map that has isolated lanes is also incredibly bad against those guns, Redwood, Aquarium, etc.

Thankfully pubbies, even good ones, rarely if ever use the Dredge. I actually prefer playing against the M8 over the XR-2 also, not sure why. The XR-2 has enough ammo to go for ages which is part of it - the M8 actually runs out fairly quickly, the XR-2 does not.

The Brecci is pretty hilarious though. One good Brecci user on the other team will give my team fits, most of my friends are just bad at fighting it. If there's two+ good Brecci users, forget it, odds are we lose, they'll all go badly negative and we'll lose map control.

None of the subs elicit that reaction, because even the best sub users can't fight against the distance weapons, and all of the top tier range weapons can use an RK5 as a secondary which either beats or ties sub kill times easily if used up close.

I'd be hard pressed to say if good 48 Dredge user or 2x Flashbang/Scavenger/Brecci is less fun to play against. Thank gently caress Flashbangs are a late unlock and pubbies don't know how insanely, unbelievably awful they are to fight against.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Brecci also owns. Getting head shots with it has been a pain, though.

Use Bumper Jumper and jump around wildly with Afterburner. Plus jumping around makes you much harder to hit.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

victrix posted:

None of the subs elicit that reaction, because even the best sub users can't fight against the distance weapons, and all of the top tier range weapons can use an RK5 as a secondary which either beats or ties sub kill times easily if used up close.

gonna have to switch back to the VMP for a bit to get some footage of u being wrong

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Godzilla07 posted:

Use Bumper Jumper and jump around wildly with Afterburner. Plus jumping around makes you much harder to hit.

bumper jumper is for try hards. its basically one step away from a xim

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Stux posted:

gonna have to switch back to the VMP for a bit to get some footage of u being wrong

Footage of you beating a Dredge at long range with a VMP? Suuuuure

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

victrix posted:

the mistake is thinking long ranging with an SMG means you stop moving instead of being a mosquito peppering them with shots

also i count retreat + flank as fighting against distance weapons

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Say you had to pick 3 perks to unlock from this short list at the cost of never being able to use the other 2:

Flak Jacket
Ghost
Scavenger
Engineer
Dead Silence

What would you guys pick? Trying to ration out my remaining tokens as best as possible.. the token limit is making me go prodromal

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Stux posted:

If I was a real tryhard I'd be using a Scuf. :v:

I'd also like to nominate the Drakon to the annoying guns list, but more so because it's the most common sniper and pubbies have learned to spam it with silencers. Luckily I don't recall anyone running around with as an AR like I do, since it's better than the Shieva except for ADS time + ADS sway.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Stux posted:

the mistake is thinking long ranging with an SMG means you stop moving instead of being a mosquito peppering them with shots

You're not peppering poo poo with a sub against some guy in the barn or courthouse on Infection, camping the end of the platforms on Redwood or set up in the pond shop on Aquarium. Same story with dudes posted up in the wreckage on Havoc. Even on the close range maps, someone camping trucks on Fringe can be loving miserable, and they're comparatively easy to flank.

As for actually closing the distance, that's what the RK5 is for. It puts you on even ground against anyone who gets close. Once again, thankfully pubbies don't know how good secondaries are, so it's realllllllllllly loving rare to run into someone who uses a distance gun and actually fast swaps to a pistol if you get close (those piece of poo poo supply drop only secondaries are just as bad or worse actually, the Marshall is a one button delete for someone trying to root you out of your camping hidey hole).

I know we're up against annoying players if they're camping somewhere with a distance gun and you see the killfeed change to an RK5 icon when someone gets close.

I'm glad we rarely run up against players using those setups though, once or twice a night at most usually. Most pubbies just want to grab a gun and sprint around the map at full speed, and it's usually either a sub or some other gun with an awful mix of attachments and perks (I don't really blame them for that part, this game has some stupid unintuitive poo poo when it comes to making good loadouts).

net cafe scandal posted:

Say you had to pick 3 perks to unlock from this short list at the cost of never being able to use the other 2:

Flak Jacket
Ghost
Scavenger
Engineer
Dead Silence

What would you guys pick? Trying to ration out my remaining tokens as best as possible.. the token limit is making me go prodromal

Flak Jacket, Ghost, Dead Silence.

Not having Scavenger sounds like a whole lot of no fun though, Scavenger Flashbang is the truth.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

net cafe scandal posted:

Flak Jacket
Ghost
Scavenger
Engineer
Dead Silence

none of them, the only good perks are the default 3

victrix posted:

You're not peppering poo poo with a sub against some guy in the barn or courthouse on Infection, camping the end of the platforms on Redwood or set up in the pond shop on Aquarium. Same story with dudes posted up in the wreckage on Havoc. Even on the close range maps, someone camping trucks on Fringe can be loving miserable, and they're comparatively easy to flank.

As for actually closing the distance, that's what the RK5 is for. It puts you on even ground against anyone who gets close. Once again, thankfully pubbies don't know how good secondaries are, so it's realllllllllllly loving rare to run into someone who uses a distance gun and actually fast swaps to a pistol if you get close (those piece of poo poo supply drop only secondaries are just as bad or worse actually, the Marshall is a one button delete for someone trying to root you out of your camping hidey hole).

I know we're up against annoying players if they're camping somewhere with a distance gun and you see the killfeed change to an RK5 icon when someone gets close.

I'm glad we rarely run up against players using those setups though, once or twice a night at most usually. Most pubbies just want to grab a gun and sprint around the map at full speed, and it's usually either a sub or some other gun with an awful mix of attachments and perks (I don't really blame them for that part, this game has some stupid unintuitive poo poo when it comes to making good loadouts).

my experience in using the VMP to the point of having 10k kills with it is that actually none of this ever happens because i kill them with Epic Headshots from the air them before they have time to blink. the worst ones for me on long range are actually snipers as they might clip me with a OHK as i sprint past. the rk5 is i dunno, i dont know if ive ever even been killed by one. def not a gun im worried about at any time, dual lcars are far more lethal at close range and will take me down first if im not moving, but even then with knowledge of where they are and a novel approach you should be killing them at close range before they have a chance to switch to a secondary anyway.

and yeah, i have peppered people from long range with the VMP a ton of times. funnily enough a lot of the people trying to post up somewhere with an AR or LMG are not great at tracking someone coming in from over head or bouncing off of walls. a large part of using an SMG effectively is knowing when to go for a long range kill vs retreating and circling around to dig them out, and i still count the latter as beating a long range setup. but even without that you can still destroy longer range guns at distance if you're on top of your movement and know when to duck behind cover or advance.

ive gotten RAPs multiple times camping endor with a loving brecci, the trucks on fringe are hardly an issue when there are about 5 different aerial approaches to them that completely nullifies any cover they have. i think you're really overestimating either the power of those guns or the ability of people who use them. the thing that kills me more than anything, without fail, is coming across another shotgun/SMG user who gets the drop on me/is quicker to put bullets on target. ARs and LMGs are not a big issue because of the complete lack of mobility in comparison.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Stux posted:

This. If you're not using SMGs' superior mobility to their fullest you're using them wrong.
Never stop moving.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

net cafe scandal posted:

Flak Jacket
Ghost
Scavenger
Engineer
Dead Silence

DS, scavenger, and something else. Probably engineer. I use afterburner on perk 1 pretty much all the time.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Is Flak Jacket really that useful on TDM, the only game mode anyone plays on PC? Ive made room for 4 perks and I think, despite victrix's advice that I definitely trust, thats the one that I feel makes the most sense to drop. I'd like to have Engineer on hand as an anti-scorestreak class in each class set.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

Is Flak Jacket really that useful on TDM, the only game mode anyone plays on PC? Ive made room for 4 perks and I think, despite victrix's advice that I definitely trust, thats the one that I feel makes the most sense to drop. I'd like to have Engineer on hand as an anti-scorestreak class in each class set.

Not as much no, that's partly a) I play a lot of dom and b) fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck dying to random pubby explosives

Never fails to break my streaks and piss me off badly, so I tend to run flak jacket on just about every class even in modes I probably shouldn't :v:

I'll swap it out for afterburner or ghost in some situations though.

I generally ignore Engineer because I'm playing in a big party 90% of the time, so we rarely have to worry about streaks. I do have a dedicated anti-air class with it on, it just doesn't get a lot of use. If you play a lot solo or you actually see a lot of streaks I could see it being more important.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Stux posted:

Lol

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Javes please post that 'Y U SPEEDY SO SPEEDY NOT SPEEDY SKILL' message you got last night

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Wow, active camo is pretty cool. I unlocked all the ripper suits, so I figured I might as well try out active camo. It's awesome. Bam, I'm invisible, Bam, now you're dead :D

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

victrix posted:

What is your best Brecci loadout?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Drav posted:

What is your best Brecci loadout?

Brecci, Fast Mags, Rapid Fire, 2xFlashbang, Scavenger, Gung-Ho, Afterburner

That's the core, you can tinker with it from there, you have two points to spare, grabbing a lethal to abuse with Scav isn't a bad idea, C4 is always fun, or you can squeeze in a fourth perk. Long Barrel/ExMags aren't bad either, though I find Fast works fine for the number of people the Brecci can kill on one standard mag.

e: Master your YY slides and ledge slides - the speed you gain is pretty crazy.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

victrix posted:

Javes please post that 'Y U SPEEDY SO SPEEDY NOT SPEEDY SKILL' message you got last night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

victrix posted:

Brecci, Fast Mags, Rapid Fire, 2xFlashbang, Scavenger, Gung-Ho, Afterburner

That's the core, you can tinker with it from there, you have two points to spare, grabbing a lethal to abuse with Scav isn't a bad idea, C4 is always fun, or you can squeeze in a fourth perk. Long Barrel/ExMags aren't bad either, though I find Fast works fine for the number of people the Brecci can kill on one standard mag.

e: Master your YY slides and ledge slides - the speed you gain is pretty crazy.

I ledge slide off of loving everything but what is a YY slide? Just hitting YY during a slide? Never tried that.

• Locked thread