Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Oh you mean the team that unceremoniously dumped him because they had no faith and thought he was trash??

Yeah. That team.

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Chilichimp posted:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/06/roddy-whites-agent-claims-kyle-shanahan-issued-ultimatum-to-team/

Roddy Whites agent saying dropping bombs.

loving hell... so the story at first was how "everyone got together and talked it over, and they all decided that Roddy didn't fit the plan." Well, now that the shots are getting fired, the story is changing.

Dear God if the Falcons completely collapse before the season even starts I will know you still love me.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Sour Diesel posted:

Football has been like this forever. Older defenses and guys like Jack Tatum have careers built on turning heads into pink mist. Also a rule about not being able to cause a fumble with a head-hit would be a bit tough to implement. You'd just see even more guys lowering their heads into defenders.

I don't know about your second claim there. It sort of assumes that instead of "making football moves", a ball carrier is going to assume he's going to fumble the ball on any given tackle, so should instead risk injury and concussion so that the fumble - which hasn't even happened yet, nor has the hit - would be negated an illegal tackle. You don't see guys diving to the ground ball first at the first sign of an incoming hit so that the ground can cause a fumble just in case.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Oh you mean the team that unceremoniously dumped him because they had no faith and thought he was trash??

A notion he proved wrong this season!

IIRC the Colts were going to have like $50m tied up in cap room at the QB position after drafting Luck and you can't not draft Luck in that position. Look at the players taken immediately after him too, woof

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Yeah, as lovely as it is to dump a player like Peyton Manning, there's really no other way to do it than put emotions aside when you can draft Andrew Luck

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Eifert Posting posted:

I don't think there exists a Bengals fan who hates the Steelers team more than they hate their fans.

After this season i think I definitely an more mad at the team. I only know a few steelers fans irl though so whatever

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm just looking at it from Peyton's point of view- he probably hated it. Drafting Luck was obviously the right call whether or not the Colts kept Manning. e: oh yeah also gently caress the Colts

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Manning is utterly humorless and takes every comment as a slight, it's a lock he's pissed at the Colts.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

3 DONG HORSE posted:

gently caress the Colts

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Eifert Posting posted:

Manning is utterly humorless and takes every comment as a slight, it's a lock he's pissed at the Colts.

Can't wait for the crying Peyton meme

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Chichevache posted:

No, that sounds about right. Most cultures label the unfamiliar, the other, and the alien as evil. Their lack of understanding leads them to misinterpret and misunderstand actions that make sense in the context of the other's culture. In this case, it is really to be expected that a Bengals fan would find the most successful franchise in the NFL to be utterly foreign and incomprehensible.

I'm glad we like the same teams

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I'm just looking at it from Peyton's point of view- he probably hated it. Drafting Luck was obviously the right call whether or not the Colts kept Manning. e: oh yeah also gently caress the Colts

I think your mean "thank you Colts, for giving us the two QBs that made us relevant".

Also unceremonious is the last word I'd use to describe Peyton getting cut by Indy.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

gently caress you

The Pats are the first team against the wall during the revolution

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

To hell with Peyton Manning, let's look into the man who is going to surpass every record he holds and win at least 3 Super Bowls, the face of the NFL

http://i.imgur.com/HZExyqf.webm

http://i.imgur.com/MlOZib1.webm

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Mar 7, 2016

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mystic Stylez posted:

To hell with Peyton Manning, let's look into the man who is going to surpass every record he holds and win at least 3 Super Bowls, the face of the NFL

please don't assume this sort of thing

trust me on this

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Mystic Stylez posted:

That's not Mariota

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That dude can't sell pizza.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Kalli posted:

That dude can sell artisan pizza paired with wings that have just a hint of lavender and notes of citrus

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

waah posted:

Dear God if the Falcons completely collapse before the season even starts I will know you still love me.

That's been coming. White was consistently showing Shanahan up on the sidelines. I can't find it now but someone on FB posted a ton of gossip from the sidelines that has since been deleted about how the team collapsed against the Panthers.

I've heard in the rematch, Ryan audibled out of every single play Shanahan called.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

We need someone non-Bengals to laugh at for a change

Texans pushing to have a QB depth chart of Osweiler, Chase Daniel, and Hackenberg :laffo:

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Never trust a Shanahan.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

That's been coming. White was consistently showing Shanahan up on the sidelines. I can't find it now but someone on FB posted a ton of gossip from the sidelines that has since been deleted about how the team collapsed against the Panthers.

I've heard in the rematch, Ryan audibled out of every single play Shanahan called.

He should have fired Shanahan during the season and then let Roddy go in the off-season (if it was really he who thought Roddy couldn't play). The first in, what I'm sure will be, a long list of poor choices as an NFL head coach.

Lets sum this poo poo up:

-Allowed the Roddy/Shanny drama to ferment during the season.
-Continues to employ an assistant who shoves representatives for other teams who are just doing their jobs (rude or not, calm down mother fucker)
-Allowed his coaches to ask players at the combine if they were gay.
-Fired Paul Soliai for no apparent reason. He wasn't bad, probably a bit overpaid, but there's no one on the roster who can replace him.
-Fired Roddy White (A franchise icon, who will definitely be in hanging in the rafters after he retires) with a text message while he was out of the country on vacation.
-Lied about the timing of the firing being "we want to give him time to catch on with another team before Free Agency." He was absolutely fired while out of the country so that DQ/Shanahan didn't have to deal with him in person again.
-Lied about the firing not being Shanahans doing (It can't be a group decision to diffuse anger across the FO and then a head coach decision when the villagers turn on the monster).(Yes, Shanahan is a loving whiny bitch monster. )

You don't endear yourself to a new team by walking in, marginalizing a respected locker-room leader, and then firing him unceremoniously during the very next off-season. I know Roddy probably wasn't going to be much next season, and I understand the move. I've made my peace with Roddy being past the ability to be a force on a football team. But Dan Quinn is running a train wreck of a program right now.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
All he has to do is win and no will give a poo poo.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp posted:

Dan Quinn is running a train wreck of a program right now.

NC-17 is right, a winning season and no one will ever remember this. However, following up all these antics with another losing season and watch the fireworks commence. This is the last thing Blank needs with a new stadium opening up, you would hope all this would force him to take notice and hold people accountable but he cannot make the tough decisions so who knows.

e:

All I know is that FA hasn't even begun and I have already written this season off. What an awful offseason thusfar.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

NC-17 posted:

yeah about that

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

NC-17 posted:

I'm with Fiz on this one. This season is a train wreck and we haven't even started FA yet. I doubt we get any of the bigger FAs either, no matter how much DQ is jacked about it.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
They'll bring in a few middle range big names and it'll be cured

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Metapod posted:

That's not Mariota

Mariota is Roman to Luck's Bryan

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I was listening to local sports radio in Knoxville and a caller almost broke down crying on the air over Peyton :wtc:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Intruder posted:

Mariota is Roman to Luck's Bryan

Luck being forced to retire early while Mariota gets pushed to the top. I can get down with that

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Metapod posted:

Luck being forced to retire early while Mariota gets pushed to the top. I can get down with that

Luck revels in taking bad, unsafe and unprotected bumps, rises to the top briefly and then his body falls apart

Mariota on the other hand is a wank pheasant

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Intruder posted:

Mariota on the other hand is a wank pheasant

Weird way to say a god amongst men

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Shath Hole posted:

NC-17 is right, a winning season and no one will ever remember this.

this season will not be a winning season, i think seven games are against playoff teams from 2015 including panthers twice and broncos once.

the first thing i said when i found out we hired kyle shanahan was "oh loving no" and boy if that aint holding true to form

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/AdamHBeasley/status/706908556025528320

lol you wish you were half as cool, peyton

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Dan wishes he had half as many rings

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Really? Out of all the disappointing Eli faces out there you went with a CG one?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

I was trying to find a "WTF?" expression from a TMM comic for Eli, but that works.

edit: Before you edited it from his picture from the last SB :colbert:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ross Angeles posted:

Dan wishes he had half as many rings

gotta give Von Miller and Rex Grossman most of the credit for those

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.