Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

The question that haunts all of us: where is Benny the Snake when we need him the most?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Mystic Stylez posted:

The question that haunts all of us: where is Benny the Snake when we need him the most?

Lol he still hasn't posted since his magical batman/superman post, I think we must have broke him

...he changed his avatar though

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

have some things

March 1: Deadline (4 p.m. ET) for clubs to designate franchise or transition players.

March 7-9: Clubs are permitted to contact and enter into contract negotiations with the certified agents of players who will become unrestricted free agents. However, a contract cannot be executed with a new club until 4 p.m. ET on March 9.

March 9: 2016 league year begins. Free-agency period begins at 4 p.m. ET.

March 20-23: Annual league meeting, Boca Raton, Florida.

April 4: Clubs that hired a new head coach after the end of the 2015 regular season may begin offseason workout programs.

April 18: Clubs with returning head coaches may begin offseason workout programs.

April 22: Deadline for restricted free agents to sign offer sheets.

Mid-to-late April: 2016 schedule release

April 28-30: 2016 NFL Draft, Chicago.

May 6-9 or May 13-16: Clubs may elect to hold their one three-day post-draft rookie minicamp from Friday through Sunday or Saturday through Monday.

May 19-22: NFLPA Rookie Premiere. Invited rookies (typically, first- and/or second-round selections) must be permitted by their respective clubs to attend. Such players are unavailable for offseason workouts, OTA days and minicamps during this period.

May 23-25: NFL spring league meeting, Charlotte, North Carolina.

June 19-25: Rookie Symposium, Aurora, Ohio.

July 15: Deadline (4 p.m. ET) for any club that designated a franchise player to sign such player to a multiyear contract or extension. After this date, the player may sign only a one-year contract with his prior club for the 2016 season, and such contract cannot be extended until after the club's last regular-season game.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ehud posted:

May 6-9 or May 13-16: Clubs may elect to hold their one three-day post-draft rookie minicamp from Friday through Sunday or Saturday through Monday.
I hope the Jaguars skip this this year :ohdear:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I hope Terry Pegula turns up to the owner's meeting casual as gently caress.

He lives in Boca Raton, y'see.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/congressedits/status/704742183828643841

:laffo:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/704744230137303042

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?
Josh Norman got tagged.
http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Panthers-Place-Franchise-Tag-On-Josh-Norman/90228de3-39fc-40d9-896d-16c63dc3ae02

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Josh Gordon apparently spiraled and got up over 250 pounds.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Bigass Moth posted:

Josh Gordon apparently spiraled and got up over 250 pounds.

Bad case of the munchies?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

I knew the Joe Flacco is not elite conspiracy was K-Street propaganda!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/704778624881131520
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/704779154189897730

Congratulations on not winning your division again Philly

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jesus Christ Fitzpatrick is going to get a hell of lot more than anyone expected.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Signing Bradford is the first thing this offseason that hasn't depressed me. I think he can be The Guy for us long-term.

And now to go back to my slumber until the draft/Chip Kelly cuts everyone and I can laugh at SF.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Makes me wonder what Pederson is going to do with Chase Daniel now. There were rumors that they wanted him to start.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

TFF please school me on what (if any) players have made mad bank like Bradford without playing anywhere near -top players for position- on a single year

the face of money

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Cooper Manning puts Matt Ryan through the most ridiculous Lie Detector test I've ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCCa7SdReBw&feature=youtu.be

edit:

Unless there was on in any of the Naked Guns I've forgotten about. Those would definitely have been more ridiculous.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Mar 1, 2016

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
https://twitter.com/JoeGiglioSports/status/704409874374004738?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Mystic Stylez posted:

TFF please school me on what (if any) players have made mad bank like Bradford without playing anywhere near -top players for position- on a single year

the face of money

Matt Flynn

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Yeah, but Heart? We're talking 13th

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Sam Bradford is not good when he plays, and he rarely plays. I guess 16 million per year is the new QB floor.

Josh McCown
Browns
$4,666,667 Ave per year.

Elephanthead fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Mar 1, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Elephanthead posted:

Sam Bradford is not good when he plays, and he rarely plays. I guess 16 million per year is the new QB floor.

How much did McCown get to play in Cleveland? I'm pretty sure that's the floor.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Sanchez is cheaper at 4.5 per year.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

e:n/m

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Mar 1, 2016

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Mystic Stylez posted:

the face of money

Purple Drank.

Jay Cutler.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Elephanthead posted:

Sanchez is cheaper at 4.5 per year.

Sanchez is a literal back-up, though. We're talking "hired to be a starting QB".

Mystic Stylez posted:

the face of money

Eh, he looked promising his rookie year

...and then he got hurt.

Then he looked like his rookie season again

AND THEN HE GOT HURT

AND THEN HE GOT HURT

and now he's a Philadelphia Eagle forever and ever, amen.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Mar 1, 2016

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

SANCHEZ is not Bradford, even if you can't tell them apart.

Cheapest QB to win ratio is Brady by a mile. cheating rear end patriots.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
e: Oh it was you, nvm

The deal seems dumb to me because I don't believe in Bradford, but quarterbacks are expensive things. Brock Osweiler started 4 games in his career and looked mediocre as hell and someone is probably going to give him something ridiculous like 15 mill a year.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

:laugh:

The ultimate quarterback con.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

whypick1 posted:

Matt Flynn

Sam Bradford will wind up making over $100m more than Matt Flynn. It doesn't compare.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

WHOOPS posted:

Sam Bradford will wind up making over $100m more than Matt Flynn. It doesn't compare.

I thought Flynn was ridiculous on a $/start basis, but I guess it's closer than I thought:

Flynn: ~$20M/14 starts = $1.43M/start
Bradford (before this contract): $78M/63 starts = $1.24M/start

For shits and giggles:

Tom Brady: $163M/223 = $731k/start
Peyton Manning: $249M/265 = $936k/start
Aaron Rodgers: $111M/119 = $933k/start
Jay Cutler: $96M/134 = $716k/start

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

With the amount of money the best quarterbacks draw into the league week after week, it's kind of hosed that they're not even making a million per game when you think about it

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

sweet thursday posted:

With the amount of money the best quarterbacks draw into the league week after week, it's kind of hosed that they're not even making a million per game when you think about it
And yet they have monster contracts that take up like 1/7th of their teams Salary Cap.

Although if we look at QBs once their rookie contracts are up after the new CBA their numbers should be higher. Dont rookie contracts go like 20mil over 4 years with a team option for a 5th year at an inflated number for that 5th year? If we look at Joe Flacco he played his rookie contract and then got a 20mil/year contract which is over a mil a game.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

axeil posted:

Signing Bradford is the first thing this offseason that hasn't depressed me. I think he can be The Guy for us long-term.

lol

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Elephanthead posted:

Andy Dalton.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Mystic Stylez posted:

the face of money

Michael Bennett is gonna be so mad

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Elephanthead posted:

SANCHEZ is not Bradford, even if you can't tell them apart.

;$

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Reminder that the Patriots just happen to pay a company that Brady co-owns.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Reminder that Tom Brady is a fraud and the Patriots are cheats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Reminder: you all toil away in misery year after year while it's literally gauranteed I win super bowls

• Locked thread