Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

Bum Boat!

Rex Morgan MD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

There is something deeply unsettling about her face in that last panel....

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

SomeMathGuy posted:

Mark Trail Meets :stonk:

Oh yeah these things grow in my parents yard too (aus) - they're awesome, they flower over the course of a few hours. We had one inside, it doesn't smell nearly as bad as you'd think - we could barely smell it. It is, however, pretty gross. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A5QcTgxi_Y (dad filmed this, he might have named it wrong though).

I wonder why they were introduced to the US though? Given most fungi are not just what you see when they 'bloom' you'd think the underground ecosystem might have been impacted. I presume it was accidental.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Johnny Walker posted:

Why is Ellie so upset about her "best friend" finding this house right near her? Didn't she used to live right close by before she moved? I would think this was just a weird look in the last panel that means nothing but she had a similar reaction before.

I'm glad I'm not the only one confused by this, and you're right, she had the shocked "OH NO" expression when Michael told her about the house for sale next door. Is it really because she just doesn't want that woman sending her kids to her house all the time or something?

Kid Fenris
Jan 22, 2004

If someone is reading this...
I must have failed.

Darthemed posted:

Calvin and Hobbes

Yes, even Calvin and Hobbes is susceptible to golf jokes... kind of.

Yeah, we're into the declining years of Calvin and Hobbes right now. Fewer jokes about Calvin's imagination and outlook, more about his dad's non-quirks.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

Darthemed posted:

Calvin and Hobbes

Yes, even Calvin and Hobbes is susceptible to golf jokes... kind of.

This kinda feels like it's a metaphor, like if you don't want to make terrible geezer comics, you have to engage the art form/establishment agressively

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

I thought you were supposed to go hide after ringing the doorbell.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Howard Beale posted:

I thought you were supposed to go hide after ringing the doorbell.

:thejoke:

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
Curse you, F Minus!

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Presto posted:

Pretty sure Quill is being a dick only because readers were turning against Luann, and the Evanses decided they needed to do something drastic to rescue their little girl.

We're in full agreement there.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Darthemed posted:

Calvin and Hobbes

Same

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Slammy posted:

Outbusts of Everett True

I'm missing something here. :confused:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Tiggum posted:

I was confused too but I think it's because of how pretentious it is to put only the initial of your first name on your business card?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Tiggum posted:

At first I thought maybe it was the print was too small to be legible, but now I'm thinking he might be annoyed by the double-barreled name.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

It's only three months (said the Californian).

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Prince Valiant

Phantom Classic

Big Ben Bolt

So that last storyline really is over. It really was just. "Let's invite Ben for dinner! And make it fancy!" "Oh no! Dinner's ruined!" "Let's go out for dinner instead! Ben's paying!"

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Julet Esqu posted:

Phantom Classic

Didn't we just have a storyline with this exact same plot, only with women as the pirates?

Moomin

Classic Dilbert

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Julet Esqu posted:

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Fat

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Twelve by Pies posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one confused by this, and you're right, she had the shocked "OH NO" expression when Michael told her about the house for sale next door. Is it really because she just doesn't want that woman sending her kids to her house all the time or something?

I think it's because any change in the status quo is an ordeal for her because she's going to have to change and adapt somewhat, even if it's minor, and she doesn't have time because she's so BUSY with this drat CHILDREN who make a MESS with their dirty hands and their SCREAMING to be let back inside the house. What a profoundly depressing way to go through life: everything is lovely and the only thing more lovely is having to put effort or thought into doing something different.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts (March 10, 1969, four months and a few weeks before Apollo 11)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (November 21-22, 1928)

Thimble Theater (September 24, 1929)

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Pickles

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Wallace the Brave

TOBY

Dadding Badly

The Stephen Collins Cartoon

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Chimeric posted:

Dadding Badly

I don't think anyone's commented on this comic, but I kinda like it. I get that the writing requires you to be a dad to appreciate the non-jokes (let's be honest, it's not funny funny), but the art style is different in a good way.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

As a single dad, I can relate :)

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

If you really like the Phantom as much as I do, you'll be crushed to know Paul Ryan has died.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

RevKrule posted:

If you really like the Phantom as much as I do, you'll be crushed to know Paul Ryan has died.

Well... gently caress. That's awful news.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Crap. How much of a buffer do they have to find someone new?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Rest in Peace Paul Ryan.

Slink off quietly IN BED

Ballard Street

Jerry Van Amerongen doesn't understand how pulleys work, but he thinks they're hilarious. He's not wrong.

Lost Side of Suburbia

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

:stare:bert

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni didn't update today but here's some other stuff.

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

And it seems that our old pal Jam Esallen has a new strip, Edge of Adventure.

I do like pulps, so I'll give it a try. That second panel is pretty awful, though.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

RevKrule posted:

I can't believe this happening, he'd left Mitt alone at the helm if they'd been elected!

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

RevKrule posted:

At first I thought you were talking about the other Paul Ryan.

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (February 12, 1951)

Barnaby (July 20, 1942)

Nancy (March 29, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (December 10, 1928)

Gasoline Alley (January 8, 1923)

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Flagrant Abuse posted:

At first I thought you were talking about the other Paul Ryan.

Sadly this is a Paul Ryan I actually care about. He was also going to be at a con I was going to in June and was excited to see him but welp, that won't happen now.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

A state where APES evolved from MEN?!?!?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Too bad about Paul Ryan. I didn't know he had a good, long history in comics. I probably own some issues he drew back in the day.

Didn't The Phantom also lose the Sunday artist suddenly and unexpectedly a few years back?

F Minus

Yes. Yes you should.

Mary Worth

"Where am I? Mary? Is that you? How have I been transported here? I don't understand! What is happening?"

Rex Morgan MD

She subtly threatens Rex's family to get him to look at the house.

Secret Agent X-9

Oh, you're just making poo poo up now.

Apartment 3-G

As a nuclear explosion silhouettes the city, Web has drinks with Mr Briscoe.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbusts of Everett True

Good Time Guy (click for big)

Gay and Her Gang (click for big)

Feiffer (click for big)

Wee Pals

Life In Hell

Rassle
Dec 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Y73sPHKxw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

RandomFerret posted:

Ballard Street

Jerry Van Amerongen doesn't understand how pulleys work, but he thinks they're hilarious. He's not wrong.

You go across by turning the handle forward, which makes the wheels spin forward. If you want to go home, you use the other chair. Now, you're probably wondering, what do you do if the chair is already on the other side? Well, that's what the hooked stick is for.

• Locked thread