Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

somebody tweet this at Trump, I want to hear him spend 30 minutes talking about his hands at a rally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

http://docquery.fec.gov/cgi-bin/forms/C00611020/1053714/

The greatest universe

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Those hands look good to me.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Magnificent. Who would've thought this could last as long as it has?

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

zoux posted:

Those hands look good to me.

There's no problem

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

his son is visibly disgusted by his hands in this picture

way to betray your loving blood kiddo

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

To expand: they're unskewing Rubio's terrible favourables in Ohio. Of course, it seems perfectly sensible to me that Gentle Marco would have taken a fall in the polls after he started to attack a guy's penis on live television.

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
I still think Trump takes Florida, especially since Cruz is supposedly doing the advertising for him.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

To expand: they're unskewing Rubio's terrible favourables in Ohio. Of course, it seems perfectly sensible to me that Gentle Marco would have taken a fall in the polls after he started to attack a guy's penis on live television.

if rubio physically assaulted trump's penis on stage he'd have gone up in the polls

to sidestep the obvious gay joke, i'm saying he should kick trump in da dick

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
If we do end up in the Trump wins FL, loses OH scenario, any further disturbance that sets him further off track would be catastrophic. For example, the week after that, March 22nd, includes Winner Take All Arizona. Arizona and other WTA states in the future would become absolute must wins for him.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Fox Ironic posted:

I think the RNC might actually WANT Trump to run third party. Think about it, if Trump gets screwed out of the nom, especially by Kasich, they can jetison the entire wingnut 30% of the party (Cruz included), regroup for 2020 with a socially moderate Republican with conservative economic policies (with a few protectionist nods) and pivot hard into the white Dems who hate President Hillary Clinton. Add some pandering to Hispanic voters and they could one-term Clinton.

There isn't enough of this conservative economics only electorate to sustain an entire party

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i think rubio+kasich will beat trump in fl and oh but trump will win both states and the establishment will rip itself apart blaming everyone

it's awfully hard to tell though, the polls are wacky as poo poo. any word from the states nobody cares about, like Idaho?

also in addition to winning territories rubio probably also wins the district of Columbia. so he might end up with all the non states and mn

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Patter Song posted:

If we do end up in the Trump wins FL, loses OH scenario, any further disturbance that sets him further off track would be catastrophic. For example, the week after that, March 22nd, includes Winner Take All Arizona. Arizona and other WTA states in the future would become absolute must wins for him.

I've been skeptical on predictions considering a year ago, I thought we were headed for the worlds most boring Bush v Clinton general, but I can predict that Donald "build a wall" Trump will 100% win Arizona.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Little Marco fits in Big Dons palm

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Patter Song posted:

If Trump cant seal this thing up can anyone?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

oystertoadfish posted:

also in addition to winning territories rubio probably also wins the district of Columbia. so he might end up with all the non states and mn

Rubio may also win Hawaii tomorrow, but no one knows because A. it's a caucus and B. there's no polling and C. it's Hawaii, there might be two hundred or so Republicans in the entire state.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Prof. Lurker posted:

I still think Trump takes Florida, especially since Cruz is supposedly doing the advertising for him.

There is an onslaught of anti-Trump ads, news and outreach in almost every single upcoming state right now. It's what they said they were going to do a few months ago but didn't.

Cruz's anti-Rubio ads are going to be a few drops in the pond.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Alter Ego posted:

Christ, Trump REALLY looks like Biff Tannen in the alternate 1985 timeline in this picture

https://www.facebook.com/trollspodcast/videos/822735664503012/

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Montasque posted:

Greg Sargent posted an interesting article on what if Rubio stays in past 3/15 (good for Trump): https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2016/03/07/theres-a-big-problem-with-this-whole-gop-contested-convention-scenario/

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Zelder posted:

his son is visibly disgusted by his hands in this picture

way to betray your loving blood kiddo

"You're the reason I have these hands. gently caress YOU, DAD!"

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

yeah i forgot about them I've been kinda assuming they'd vote for him. wouldn't be too surprised if Rubio pulled something else out of nowhere. how's Maryland's gop vote? does the panhandle and delmarva outweigh the beltway?

probably will be overtaken by events anyway

i hear the past peak trump thought, but George will is saying that too so i worry that he's making it untrue by simply opining, like kristoll does

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Montasque posted:

No, and in the situation where Trump wins Florida it's basically guaranteed that he'll have the single most delegates at the end of the day (especially given that he's going to clean up in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut). Single most delegates isn't enough to get him the nomination, of course, but Cruz isn't going to overtake him.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

So is he saying that the body politic has a way of shutting that whole thing down?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

oystertoadfish posted:

yeah i forgot about them I've been kinda assuming they'd vote for him. wouldn't be too surprised if Rubik pulled something else out of nowhere. how's Maryland's gop vote? does the panhandle and delmarva outweigh the beltway?

The state voted for McCain above Huckabee in 2008, and Romney absolutely swept it in 2012, plus the Beltway neocons love Rubio. So I'm saying Rubio until events overtake everything, which they will.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Mitt Romney posted:

There is an onslaught of anti-Trump ads, news and outreach in almost every single upcoming state right now. It's what they said they were going to do a few months ago but didn't.

Cruz's anti-Rubio ads are going to be a few drops in the pond.

Is this happening everywhere? Or is it focused mainly in Florida and Ohio?

The Harper Michigan poll taken entirely on 3/6 - so both post debate and post subpar saturday still had Trump at 42.

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

Patter Song posted:

No, and in the situation where Trump wins Florida it's basically guaranteed that he'll have the single most delegates at the end of the day (especially given that he's going to clean up in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut). Single most delegates isn't enough to get him the nomination, of course, but Cruz isn't going to overtake him.

it's worth noting actually on this point that people are thinking there's a 100% chance the convention will give the nom to someone else if Trump doesn't get a majority, but I'm not sure this is true particularly if it's close -- I think Lindsey Graham of all people said they should probably give it to Trump if he comes out on top

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan
I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

H5N1 fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Oct 18, 2016

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Zohar posted:

it's worth noting actually on this point that people are thinking there's a 100% chance the convention will give the nom to someone else if Trump doesn't get a majority, but I'm not sure this is true particularly if it's close -- I think Lindsey Graham of all people said they should probably give it to Trump if he comes out on top

Partially agree.

I think there's a yuge difference between Trump coming up short with 1180 delegates out of 1237 needed and Trump coming up short with 900 delegates out of 1237 needed. It'd be a lot easier to justify loving over Trump in the second scenario.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

H5N1 posted:

um, I think you've got me confused with someone else? I've been buckled in...for Kasich!!! from the get-to.

... holy cow thats dedication...

Jeb!
Feb 3, 2016

My dad is the greatest man I've ever known and if you don't think so we can step outside.
Miss me yet? Well, if you need a proven conservative leader at the convention, you know where to find me. I love my mom.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
SHUT UP JEB

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

H5N1 posted:

um, I think you've got me confused with someone else? I've been buckled in...for Kasich!!! from the get-to.

loving lol

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Jeb! posted:

Miss me yet? Well, if you need a proven conservative leader at the convention, you know where to find me. I love my mom.

You're a mess.

(TOOT! TOOT!)

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

H5N1 posted:

goddamn you're such a good poster

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Majorian posted:

The state voted for McCain above Huckabee in 2008, and Romney absolutely swept it in 2012, plus the Beltway neocons love Rubio. So I'm saying Rubio until events overtake everything, which they will.

Can't you say the same about Virginia though? You've got a bunch of socially liberal fiscally conservative hawks right around the beltway, which happen to be the bluest areas of the state, and then a bunch of flyover areas that aren't doing to well and are more social conservative and love them some social security. NOVA didn't save Rubio, and I don't MD is going for him either.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Zohar posted:

reminder that the funniest possible result is trump winning anyway after thousands of rounds at the convention

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

fishmech posted:

reminder that the funniest possible result is trump winning anyway after thousands of rounds at the convention

:same:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

fishmech posted:

People say "maximum chaos result" a lot but that is the literal absolute maximum of chaos.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
Early voting pulling for rubio in FL doesn't make any sense to me.

What we should expect (and what we've seen so far in other states with early voting) is that the candidate that was way ahead early outperformed in early voting, and then fell in primary-day voting as momentum shifted away - regardless of whether one was Trump or a more traditional or even local politician

Easy examples: Cruz/Trump in TX, Trump/Cruz in LA

What's the logic for Rubio have massively outperformed in early voting given he's only just started to take off and trump only started showing serious weakness in the last week and a half? Unique pull among Cuban Americans? Or FL Trump early voters are more apathetic than LA Trump early voters?

Not trying to unskew, just legitimately confused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Trump is going to win the nomination then run the general with the most ridiculous left/liberal agenda, making Hillary the far right candidate forcing the Republicans to vote for her.

Maximum chaos.

• Locked thread