Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

DancingShade posted:

I finally made level 30 after starting playing on day 1.

gently caress level grinding, I'm taking my time and enjoying this.

That's basically what I said. Spent 2 days grinding to level 37 and just said gently caress it and did crafting and I'm enjoying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012
This game rocks, I'm living out my dream of being a vape friendly mountain troll with a donkey and a pug.

Taran
Nov 2, 2002

What? I don't get to yell "I'LL FINISH THIS" anymore?

Grimey Drawer

Zarcnest posted:

The Great Goon Massacre ~8:30PM -5 GMT March 6, 2016

It's true, if you try to head into Expansion Land the game declares your entire boat to be worthy of death. Do not do this thing!

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Spot on

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012

Right on bro, gotta paint what YOU really see, not what's in front of you, man.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I love the fact that they took the time to pose those characters but not the time to make the painting match the scene at all. :allears:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

That giant is balancing on one foot for who knows how long for nothing

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
On a scale of 1-archage how abandoned by goons is this game gonna be in 3 months?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Rhymenoserous posted:

On a scale of 1-archage how abandoned by goons is this game gonna be in 3 months?

Hard to say, but it's $30 buy-in with no premium sub, and people are having fun now so why not give it a shot?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Noice.

Anyone know if they are open to resetting the pre-order outfit? I want to move it to my Valkyrie instead of my Sorc.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Rhymenoserous posted:

i admit i didn't play archeage but this is the most attached to a game on launch i've seen goons be; so far mumblechat has been, shockingly, fun and chill

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
There is so much poo poo to do in this game. I haven't had the urge to do this much poo poo in a game since, well, never. I'm too busy setting up supply chains to even give a gently caress about leveling right now.

M'tism :negative:

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012

Stanley Pain posted:

There is so much poo poo to do in this game. I haven't had the urge to do this much poo poo in a game since, well, never. I'm too busy setting up supply chains to even give a gently caress about leveling right now.

M'tism :negative:

Do you need help? Will work for enough silver to recover my injured horse

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

All the ones that advertise in game are there to steal your loving card number. Legit chinaman leveling/currency sellers dont do that poo poo, they'll give you what you want but also steal your credit card soooo

Use PayPal. Problem solved.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Trying so hard to level, but I keep getting sidetracked. 120/120 energy/CP now but only level 36.

PVP is probably my biggest concern at this point. With no catchup mechanics, I feel like being competitive for PVP means you have to have been grinding from day 1 and will have to grind forever. Otherwise get obliterated by people in better gear.

SoJ57261
Jul 7, 2015
Actually the PVP isn't such a big difference in this patch as +15 is the max you can reach. Currently I am sitting at a comfortable +9 weapon with some other pieces similarly enchanted. The issue is if we get +20 max as gear that is higher than +15 and gets enchanted can get downgraded all the way to +15 if you fail and the enchants makes for a massive difference at that point (think double the damage and armor). The enchant rates are also something like 10-20% at that point so be prepared to failstack a lot.

Maybe the system will work differently in NA/EU, one can hope.

SoJ57261 fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Mar 7, 2016

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

SoJ57261 posted:

Actually the PVP isn't such a big difference in this patch as +15 is the max you can reach. Currently I am sitting at a comfortable +9 weapon with some other pieces similarly enchanted. The issue is if we get +20 max as gear that is higher than +15 and gets enchanted can get downgraded all the way to +15 if you fail and the enchants makes for a massive difference at that point (think double the damage and armor). The enchant rates are also something like 10-20% at that point so be prepared to failstack a lot.

Maybe the system will work differently in NA/EU, one can hope.
Enchant rates at that point never exceed 1%, even on +15 to +16.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Are there separate US/EU servers? If so do I need to buy the game from the US store to play on the US servers or anything like that?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

kalstrams posted:

Enchant rates at that point never exceed 1%, even on +15 to +16.

Jesus Christ

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

LegalPad posted:

PVP is probably my biggest concern at this point. With no catchup mechanics, I feel like being competitive for PVP means you have to have been grinding from day 1 and will have to grind forever. Otherwise get obliterated by people in better gear.
The catch-up mechanics here are implicit. Expected 2 months until Mediah are enough to get reasonably close to +15 on best armour vanilla armour, +3 on second best accessories, and +15 on your ultimate weapon/offhand. Liverto +15 will ask for some effort, +3 on best in slot accessories will be very difficult, however neither will critically impede you. At that point one can presume to enter the new expansion on largely equal footing, as far as equipment goes. After that, the enchanting system past +15 itself is the catchup mechanic - it is brutal enough that two weeks of dedicated, knowing efforts will place a new character on a new account on an equal ground with the majority of players active in PvP, as far as equipment goes.

Another thing though is skillpoints - there is no real catchup mechanic here - the more time you spent farming mobs, the more skillpoints you have. Yet another thing though is stockpiles of silver, armour black stones, and weapon black stones (unless you have Liverto +15). - there are ways how you can get those other than farming. As far as professions go, most classes would benefit from, I'd say, good cooking and alchemy skills at that point too.

Eltoasto posted:

Jesus Christ
I have not seen any datamined numbers in this regard, and if there are such, but +14 to +15 seems to be 2% on average.

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

Third World Reggin posted:

Velia is a poo poo hole and people should leave it as soon as possible but won't.

They stick to a lovely trade route cause it was in a guide. Same with the leveling guide.

Are there potato farms near calpheon?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im never grinding my poo poo up with 1-2% success rates

that sounds incredibly unfun

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Thanks for all of that. Shines some light on the issue.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I'm surprised that this is even news to someone playing Korean sandbox MMO.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

What's in this compensation anyway? I claimed mine, just hasn't come in yet.

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012

kalstrams posted:

When I think of Korean sandbox MMOs, I think of the countless hours I wasted farming for my Hasla weapons in Archeage... I'll never get that time back :'(

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kerrrrrrr posted:

What's in this compensation anyway? I claimed mine, just hasn't come in yet.
Bunch of buffs and dye box iirc though I think they retracted the dye thing or something, so not sure myself in the end.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

MikeyLikesIt posted:

When I think of Korean sandbox MMOs, I think of the countless hours I wasted farming for my Hasla weapons in Archeage... I'll never get that time back :'(

Hasla weapons were hardly countless hours unless you had to have every one or were tiering them up. Like it was less than 20 hours to get the first tier of the ones I wanted, which I is probably pretty tame by kmmo standards

Also the enhance grind is a thing in every kmmo

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012

gwrtheyrn posted:

Hasla weapons were hardly countless hours unless you had to have every one or were tiering them up. Like it was less than 20 hours to get the first tier of the ones I wanted, which I is probably pretty tame by kmmo standards

Also the enhance grind is a thing in every kmmo

I had terrible luck with rolls, and the only way you could even roll for tokens was if you were in a grinding group, and even then, groups were grinding for the same mobs, and if your specific token did pop up, you were competing with one or two other people for it... so yea, for me personally, it was really grindy.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Take this a step further, kidnap people then logout causing your boat to disappear and dropping them in the water.

http://i.imgur.com/9rYMoVd.gifv

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

kalstrams posted:

I know, right.
:smuggo:

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012

Drythe posted:

Take this a step further, kidnap people then logout causing your boat to disappear and dropping them in the water.

http://i.imgur.com/9rYMoVd.gifv

You're an evil man Drythe

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

MikeyLikesIt posted:

I had terrible luck with rolls, and the only way you could even roll for tokens was if you were in a grinding group, and even then, groups were grinding for the same mobs, and if your specific token did pop up, you were competing with one or two other people for it... so yea, for me personally, it was really grindy.

This was my experience. Kyrios was jam packed in Hasla 24/7. You either found a raid (good luck finding one with any spots free) or you couldn't kill anything as every mob spawn died in moments.

After several hours I'd barely made 50 tokens on the least popular options (lute) before going "gently caress this" and never returning to Hasla.

Thank goodness Black Desert lets you farm poo poo solo quite happily. (pre Valencia anyway)

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

DancingShade posted:

This was my experience. Kyrios was jam packed in Hasla 24/7. You either found a raid (good luck finding one with any spots free) or you couldn't kill anything as every mob spawn died in moments.

After several hours I'd barely made 50 tokens on the least popular options (lute) before going "gently caress this" and never returning to Hasla.

Thank goodness Black Desert lets you farm poo poo solo quite happily. (pre Valencia anyway)

Hasla was a nightmare, especially for classes that had to roll and get tokens for 2-3 weapons (Like Spellsinger for instance). AA was fundamentally broken in this regard, that the ENTIRE game population was funneled into a non-instanced area with a truly RNG drop rate compounded by a rolling mechanic.

I've seen no such fuckery in BDO and I'm glad of it. I know you have to grind mobs, but the spawn rates are very high, drops are good, especially with a few points of luck, and I have armor and weapon stones in stacks now.

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.

DancingShade posted:

I actually found a pretty good trick for Hasla when playing solo, as an archer with a good ping you could hang around large groups of the same faction during the no-pvp times and tag everything with the first hit. That would cause the drop to be contested and you nor the big group could loot it for 2 minutes. I'd just tag everything once, let them kill it, and then wander around looting, I made little loops so I could get the timing down and I could steal about half of a large groups drops by myself.

edit: That said, gently caress Hasla.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Didn't know I was in the Archeage thread

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

The Quake posted:

I am fishing, gotta convert that labor energy into money!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Quake posted:

every MMO thread is the Archeage thread

that MMO left a deep imprint in our psyche

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Almost 35 already and have done basically nothing with my energy or contribution points. I aught to correct that but...effort.