Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Kongor has a weapon named after him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

theshim posted:

Huh. Man, one of these days I really ought to set up a shop thread to offload some of my crap.

Change a premium tab to public and never post on the forums again

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Found an exalt randomly, what's the best item I can get for earthquake marauder? Lightning coil or a badass weapon or something else?

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

Can't you feel the knife?
If anyone can critique my terrible Juggernaut build that would be great. I'm using Earthquake, Enduring Cry, Warlords Mark and Leaping strike. Oh, and Herald Of Ash. Cheers.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscr...07wH_ZI9zL46w==

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Saki posted:

If anyone can critique my terrible Juggernaut build that would be great. I'm using Earthquake, Enduring Cry, Warlords Mark and Leaping strike. Oh, and Herald Of Ash. Cheers.

Looks good so far!

Here is my recommendation for a level 80-ish build.

Instead of going directly up through Born to Fight into the Templar area, I would go left through Butchery and the other 2H melee damage nodes over to Barbarism and then up into Templar, but that's personal preference.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
You will also want to run a second aura, likely Hatred.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I am an explosive arrow champion, which loving owns I might add. My options for my last two ascendency points are:

35% damage and 10% movespeed, always

OR

40% damage when not on low life, 200% AR/EV at low life, clear status effects at low life

I'm not sure which I want. I'll probably never be at low life to benefit from the armor boost so it's really just the status effect clearing vs. movespeed.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Saki posted:

Don't split your damage types. You're Earthquake, so you're physical; drop the fire nodes, they're doing nothing for you (Herald of Ash scales off of your Physical damage anyway). Pickup the Two-Hand damage nodes and eventually settle on a weapon type and pickup those associated damage nodes as well. I'd suggest Maces because they both have an Area increase node on one of their notables, as well as the fact that Marohi Erqi is a Mace and you're going to want that weapon eventually. Go up through templar and pickup the Area wheel for more AOE and damage. You want to avoid attack speed nodes (ie- attack speed nodes that don't otherwise have anything else useful on them) when you could have taken damage nodes instead.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Uh movement speed seems pretty important these days.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Vasudus posted:

I am an explosive arrow champion, which loving owns I might add. My options for my last two ascendency points are:

This one.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Yeah I'm thinking movespeed too. Status effect clearing sounds so tempting though.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Is there a way to level up decently for EA that isn't stupid flame totem/firestorm poo poo?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Man I always forget that the Scion doesn't get Clarity and now I've just learned that she doesn't get Projectile Weakness either lmbo

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

What's a good ranged build these days that isn't flame totem

gently caress flame totem

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
congrats Zadiel on finding a Headhunter, or more like a Headhunter investment fund (going IPO in chat right now)

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

ZenVulgarity posted:

I assume you'd still want a Lightning Coil and a Maro?

Hardcore for the lightning coil I guess. It's what etups doing. But I'm going koams chest I never use my whack totem.

Saki posted:

Go Berserker. 40% dmg is too good to pass up.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Holyshoot posted:

Hardcore for the lightning coil I guess. It's what etups doing. But I'm going koams chest I never use my whack totem.

Go Berserker. 40% dmg is too good to pass up.

Are most of the goons doing HC Pandy league or what

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

ZenVulgarity posted:

Are most of the goons doing HC Pandy league or what

No. Most play softcore.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Labyrinth gives me at least enough hc thrill just on its own in sc.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Most of us in the SC league.

^^^ Seriously, Labyrinth is HC enough for me. I can deal with one bad move/lag spike/server hiccup destroying an hour's worth of work.

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

Can't you feel the knife?
Thanks for the tips, guys.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Vasudus posted:

Yeah I'm thinking movespeed too. Status effect clearing sounds so tempting though.

Well for one thing, flasks. If you are a lowlife build, it does nothing for you because it triggers "when you reach lowlife" not "when on lowlife" like the Armour/Evasion bonus on the same node states. And if you're not a lowlife build and are triggering the bonus, something horrible is going wrong and status ailments are likely going to be the least of your worries.

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.
Can I get a guild invite as spudthegreat

Also doing a firestorm witch that is hilariously easy and allows me to play the game with one hand which is good. Trying to follow this: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1460817

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009
Build

I've been really enjoying my Ice Trapper, but I can't stop thinking about a Blade Vortex Necromancer.

Some cool tech: Stone Golem gives you a buttload of mana regen when you're doing MOM/ZO/EB. Same with Enduring Cry.

I'll be using Cybil's Paw and Bone Offering to sustain my life. Cybil's Paw will also provide 120% increased spell damage.

With Bone Offering and Tempest Shield up I'll be block capped against attacks and at 72% spell block (using a 28% block shield and Stone of Lazhwar).

Whirling Blades provides movement and Fortify procs.

Mana is fully reserved with Hatred and Haste. Tempest Shield procs Curse on Hit (probably Vulnerability, I doubt I need more defense).

I expect this build to be nigh invincible and have pretty great damage to boot.

Edit: Put your CODT Bone Offering links in a +2 Minion Gems hat for +1% block/spellblock and more life on block!

Tykero fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Mar 7, 2016

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I'll reinstall I guess

Did they make leveling any faster

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Vasudus posted:

OR

40% damage when not on low life, 200% AR/EV at low life, clear status effects at low life

I'm not sure which I want. I'll probably never be at low life to benefit from the armor boost so it's really just the status effect clearing vs. movespeed.

I'd go First to Strike, Last to Fall on HC, but both are pretty good.

Going to be attempting the normal Labyrinth tonight. Got about 1.9k hp at level 50, 35% chance to block, 3.4k damage and fortify when ever I am attacking.

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008

Mince Pieface posted:

Found an exalt randomly, what's the best item I can get for earthquake marauder? Lightning coil or a badass weapon or something else?

Marohi, if you can find one for 1Ex.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

ZenVulgarity posted:

I'll reinstall I guess

Did they make leveling any faster

Yes. You can hit cruel in ~2 hours if you try, but even if you don't care to, it's still much easier.

Characters are more powerful, the passive tree is better, you can craft easy +level to fire/cold/lightning spell gems, 4 links are much more common etc.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Shinino Kage posted:

Marohi, if you can find one for 1Ex.

Marohis are 20c + on standard. Save for a taste of hate or convert to chaos to buy some good rare gear. If you're hc. Nvm.

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

Marohis are 20c + on standard. Save for a taste of hate or convert to chaos to buy some good rare gear. If you're hc. Nvm.
Ah, they were 1ex last night. Down to 25c in HC right now.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Shinino Kage posted:

Ah, they were 1ex last night. Down to 25c in HC right now.

Those are outliers. There are two listings in HC for 20 & 23c which should be bought out immediately, because the entire rest of the field is 1-2ex.

At least, HC Perandus.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Vasudus posted:

OR

On that note, is it worthwhile to grab the Fortify nodes as a ranged Champion? The melee phys is wasted, but the increased armor and effect of fortify still makes it sound sweet.

Man, perma-Fortify is really goddamn sweet. I hope a bunch of the other ascendancy classes get bumped up to that level (or Mistress of Sacrifice :getin:)

ZenVulgarity posted:

What's a good ranged build these days that isn't flame totem

gently caress flame totem
Tornado Shot ranger is still really drat good.

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Is there a way to level up decently for EA that isn't stupid flame totem/firestorm poo poo?

I used spark/orb of storms until 20 but with no damage nodes it sucked. I switched to rain of arrows with wed and fa, hoi+hot and managed to do alright until switching to EA around 40. If I do it again I'll just level as RoA

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
You ever feel like a character you made is extra lucky compared to any others you've made?

Made a caster, in the coast lifesprig drops, then cardiro gives me a tabula, then a Victario's Acuity which works amazingly well with my spark setup, then my first ever taste of hate drops while clearing a lower difficulty for opening the labyrinth and then a Brotherhood ring drops.

So heres a question, this brotherhood ring converts 50% lightning damage to cold and shocks frozen enemies, I feel like there is potential with this ring, are there some skills or uniques that synergize well with the ring? and how does the 50% cold conversion end up working with lightning damage passives, weakens them or doesn't matter?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Firestorm just works so well because you are not near any bow nodes and won't be pathing in the direction of any of them. There's fire, elemental and spell damage nodes all around the Marauder/Templar area that are easy to grab.

You could level as Spark or any spell really, and skip the fire nodes until you swap to EA.

I leveled my EA Scion as Firestorm/Flametotem and it was extremely easy and smooth. You can swap pretty early if you want also, pick up Blood Magic and Elemental Equilibrium and you're good to go.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

So heres a question, this brotherhood ring converts 50% lightning damage to cold and shocks frozen enemies, I feel like there is potential with this ring, are there some skills or uniques that synergize well with the ring? and how does the 50% cold conversion end up working with lightning damage passives, weakens them or doesn't matter?

Call of the Brotherhood is very good for any lightning build, your lightning damage still counts for full and you can also get half scaling from cold damage if you happen to have any. You don't really need anything else to synergize with it, just the cold damage is a huge bonus itself in that it allows you to freeze monsters.

Cinara fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Mar 7, 2016

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

You ever feel like a character you made is extra lucky compared to any others you've made?

Made a caster, in the coast lifesprig drops, then cardiro gives me a tabula, then a Victario's Acuity which works amazingly well with my spark setup, then my first ever taste of hate drops while clearing a lower difficulty for opening the labyrinth and then a Brotherhood ring drops.

I've had similar luck this league, found a Tabula, Marohi, and Blood Dance in the wild, and bought perfect iiq Goldwyrms from Cadiro :woop:

Call of the Brotherhood works with any lightning spell that has decent damage per hit potential, which is pretty much all of them. You may need crit depending on where in the passive tree you are (to freeze in the first place). Converted damage makes full use of bonuses that effect the source damage, so there's no penalty to your lightning damage passives.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
To all the dudes who helped me fund a Headhunter: you rock, I will pay you back ASAP.

Belt owns, game owns, etc

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
http://poetools.com/subclass/

I kind of figured there would be more gladiators in PHC, and :lol: at templars in the PHC top 100.

pctD
Aug 25, 2009

Pillbug
This is my first time playing and I decided to try a Gladiator with all the bleeding passives. I'm up to level ~45 right now about to finish Cruel Act1. Passive Tree

Can someone let me know if I'm missing anything substantial on that planned tree? Is Iron Reflexes worth it? I'd also like to be self sustaining without a Mana potion on the bar (if that's possible as well).

So far I'm using Cyclone with linked Melee Physical Damage, Fire Damage, and Fortify. I also have Dual Strike linked with Multistrike for bosses. I don't really use any other skills though, so I was wondering what buffs or things I should look into. I'd also like to use the Bloodlust gem but I'm not sure how that works with the bleeding passives. Do I need Jack, the Axe before I can use that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Bugsy posted:

http://poetools.com/subclass/

I kind of figured there would be more gladiators in PHC, and :lol: at templars in the PHC top 100.

Duelist basically being renamed Champion for PHC top 100 is also amusing.

• Locked thread