Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Thoatse posted:

-BREAKING NEWS- Big SQ42 reveal:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/49e14g/sandi_foundry_42_show_and_tell_fbme6omnqgsej/

Take that you negative nancys, if you're not convinced now you just don't understand game development.

Well gently caress. Now the story is spoiled. Way to loving go CIG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

peter gabriel posted:

I can find this out for you, a friend of mine just got a Unity game finished and I play that sucker with a pad

Oh dude that would be SO helpful! Gamepad support is one of the main sticking points of Unity InputManager.

What's the game? Do you have a link, helpful catte?

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Thoatse posted:

Ah I see they finally got around to adding some mirrors to the smoke.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Toops posted:

Hey plebes, weekly dev update is up. Huge thanks to Jst0rm for the amazing sound design, and Eastdrom for some sick 3d asteroid modeling. Hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sErsCOKXr3Q

I'm always looking for feedback, so please share yours.

:five:

Are the birds direct fire, or can they pursue ships? Will they have variants? (Bird bullet hell!) How long do the birds last? If we have a 4 person match, will the birds bounce of those hex walls or fade?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ive thought about learning video editing to do this stuff too

it seems really hard tho

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

LowellDND posted:

Are the birds direct fire, or can they pursue ships? Will they have variants? (Bird bullet hell!) How long do the birds last? If we have a 4 person match, will the birds bounce of those hex walls or fade?

Only Golden Goose Ticket holder backers will have access to smartbirds, sorry commando

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Eonwe posted:

it seems really hard tho

It is good fun, if you want any help I can help with Windows Movie Maker, and only that :lol:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Eonwe posted:

it seems really hard tho

You need to find a decent program, most are terrible or expensive, I don't feel like resorting to :filez:, so I'm using OpenShot in an Ubuntu VM :downs:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPXDJQkuWeA

fans sing this to crobs, out of love and understanding

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
thank you guys

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Toops posted:

Oh dude that would be SO helpful! Gamepad support is one of the main sticking points of Unity InputManager.

What's the game? Do you have a link, helpful catte?

He says go grab this:

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/21676

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Thoatse posted:

Only Golden Goose Ticket holder backers will have access to smartbirds, sorry commando

That's fair. What about flippable engines like a Firefly? I want to dodge the Smart Birds.

(As an aside, I laughed when I saw Derek's face in the asteroids :D )

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Eonwe posted:

it seems really hard tho

If you want some help with Vegas Pro, I can offer what little I know. It's enough to make a P_Gabz style shitshow at least, and I can sorta do some fancy fly-ins and stuff.

sunaurus
Feb 13, 2012

Oh great, another bookah.

G0RF posted:

You can take away our "it's still in Alpha" defense when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers...

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Time to fire up the old kickstarter, Commando Toops!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
These guys are starving for content

quote:

Looks like a cockpit of some sort (my guess Hornet Gladiator). It seems to be flying around a station (maybe Olisar).

I think the picture is less about what is on the screen, and more about that they are showing something off. Its possible they are demo-ing new ideas and tech that has been in development.

Tinfoil: Disco in a previous INNside the Verse said he saw a hornet land on an Idris, this may be related to that.

quote:

Looks more like a gladiator cockpit, and the ship is in orbit of some planet.

At a second glance, in the very center it seems like there is some sort of design in a square, like a map overlay. It is too clearly cut and oriented with the cockpit to look like any space station. Hmm.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
^^ Ha ha ha. Zoom.. Enhance!

Yes, yes, this looks like a video game.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

trucutru posted:

:lol: if these people are squinting at and trying to de code an image of Port Olisar, that would just kill me

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
What a total joke - they had a literal stage this weekend to show anything at all instead they post a quarter of an image on reddit lol

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Don't tell reddit but if they actually had anything they would have showed it at the pc gamer thing.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Man that poo poo looks like a menu to me. I hope it's that.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Berious posted:

You'd think they would've figured this out having new mocap studios triple every second

Chris spent most of last year farting around with mocap it seemed like. They could've filmed some generic lady mocap by now!

Isn't that Sandi's part? :confused:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

trucutru posted:

Ben Lesnick, Master of Ships, Destroyer of Seats, Knower of Things

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Thoatse posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/49e14g/sandi_foundry_42_show_and_tell_fbme6omnqgsej/

Take that you negative nancys, if you're not convinced now you just don't understand game development.

This looks like some of my commander's calls; everyone has a poo poo ton of more important work to do but instead have to sit/stand and listen to boring crap nobody cares about for an hour.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Nation posted:

What a total joke - they had a literal stage this weekend to show anything at all instead they post a quarter of an image on reddit lol

You obviously know nothing about game marketing

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

peter gabriel posted:

:lol: if these people are squinting at and trying to de code an image of Port Olisar, that would just kill me

They were actually playing the Doom 4 alpha.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Now do it in the style of the Bladerunner Esper machine.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Nobody answered my question yet of whether the NPC pirates are still in the newest release. Does anybody know?

Pgabz, try clipping out the back of the wank pod!

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:
Has PGI shifted all assets over to MWO. I know the put TV on the shelf but thought they planned to pull it down again. Mind you it did a hell of crowdfund. And everyone is laughing except those paying for it.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

intardnation posted:

Has PGI shifted all assets over to MWO. I know the put TV on the shelf but thought they planned to pull it down again. Mind you it did a hell of crowdfund. And everyone is laughing except those paying for it.

AFAIK they are all go on MWO.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

It's TIME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciCNkp20O7w

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

XK posted:

Nobody answered my question yet of whether the NPC pirates are still in the newest release. Does anybody know?

I somehow clipped through the top of it last night and ended up on a launch pad :psyduck:

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!

trucutru posted:

Procedural dogs confirmed? :pray:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

14:18 - Personally Owned NPCs
15:46 - The Point of Farming

I like where this is going.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

XK posted:

from what I've gathered the pirate spawning points are gone, but if you are a pirate entering a safe-space a few disposable security NPC's spawn.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Dusty Lens posted:

14:18 - Personally Owned NPCs
15:46 - The Point of Farming

I like where this is going.

I honestly, honestly do not believe a single word this guy says, he's just one of those guys I guess.

Cobblers
Feb 5, 2016

Come commandos, on wings of joy we'll fly
To where my bower hangs on high;
Come, and make thy calm retreat,
Among procedurally generated green leaves and blossoms sweet.

Toops posted:

Hey plebes, weekly dev update is up. Huge thanks to Jst0rm for the amazing sound design, and Eastdrom for some sick 3d asteroid modeling. Hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sErsCOKXr3Q

I'm always looking for feedback, so please share yours.

Still not caught up with the thread, but had to say this is glorious. I don't understand how it is that you've managed to create an actually useable space-radar-thing in what must be less than 0.0001% of the time and with only several million dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Cobblers posted:

Still not caught up with the thread, but had to say this is glorious. I don't understand how it is that you've managed to create an actually useable space-radar-thing in what must be less than 0.0001% of the time and with only several million dollars.

By shamelessly ripping it from a good space video game :v:

• Locked thread