Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

LOL at a whole page of people angry about an article they didn't read.

Campo Santo are paying translators you dinguses, it says so right there - Spanish, French, Italian, German, Russian. They just put the plaintext script of their game up on Github because someone who didn't want to wait made a Russian language mod, and they wanted to make it easier for people like that to add language mods to the game.

Hey, see, my optimism was rewarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I'm forums poster bloodychill and I like Nathan Drake because mass murdering bad dudes has been my favorite pastime since bopping goombas and beating up generic gang members back in small times.

Stux posted:

please do not talk abou tmy good friends macys and jones like this

lol those are indeed the two. To be fair, I didn't talk crap, they're fun to play with. You talk surprisingly little poo poo compared to on the forums.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Mar 7, 2016

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

Campo Santo are paying translators you dinguses, it says so right there -

Oh well, at least the future where Campo Santo is the new EA has been postponed again :toot:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Every time I go over to my buddy's place we play a little bit of Yoshi's Woolly World and goddamn is that game good. It's firmly in the "chill-rear end platformer" genre, like Kirby, but it's actually got a bit of challenge to it still. Plus the music is on point.

Wii U owners should check that out.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

PantsBandit posted:

Wii U owners should check that out.

*a sullen looking tumbleweed blows thru the thread*

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Stux posted:

*a sullen looking tumbleweed blows thru the thread*

which is strange because years ago Nintendo paid shills self-confessed fanboys used to troll about the wooly series being the best thing after the discovery of bacon wrapped hamburgers made out of bacon

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

The Wii U is a good system and it's a shame that Nintendo completely hosed up every aspect of getting people interested in it.

And now the NX is probably coming within a year or two so Nintendo is basically hitting the "do-over" button instead of getting their poo poo together.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I really can't imagine a scenario where the NX does particularly well.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
My WiiU is the favourite console I've owned. I've had more fun with it this last year than any other.
It will probably be retired this year to make way for the NX2017 but I don't feel bad.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I have a Wii U, but I still have to get a monitor for it. Never got around to doing that since I moved to my own place. I mean I guess I can still play Earthbound on the pad.

limaCAT posted:

which is strange because years ago Nintendo paid shills self-confessed fanboys used to troll about the wooly series being the best thing after the discovery of bacon wrapped hamburgers made out of bacon

Does VirtualBoyColor still post in Games?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Oh I also played Smash Bros with the DLC characters and holy crap Corrin is ridiculously good. Bayonetta is cool too but Corrin is just on another level.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I still need to get one. (Wii U) Me and my gf have been slowly saving up for it. I say slowly because of loans and rents so it's still gonna be ways a bit to get it.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
My Wii U might be the first Nintendo console I don't pack up after it becomes obsolete. I'll always be taking to places to play Game and Wario with friends and I actually think this is Sakurai's last Smash Bros.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
When I said retired, I meant by Nintendo. Not by me.
I will not be retiring it because it's so dang awesome and I have so many games for it!

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

FactsAreUseless posted:

Ganon being kicked around by the Dark World bully.

Ganon could not imagine there was a darker soul than his own wandering through the holy land.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

VideoGames posted:

My WiiU is the favourite console I've owned. I've had more fun with it this last year than any other.
It will probably be retired this year to make way for the NX2017 but I don't feel bad.

its very good

i think the launch was pretty subpar but they really cranked it up shortly afterward

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Wii U is a great piece of hardware and the second screen makes browsing the Internet a breeze.

With great and original games like the Wonderful 101, ZombiU, and Splatoon, the console offers something for everyone, with gripping horror titles like Fatal Frame: Maiden of Dark Water and thrilling co-op titles like Mario 3D World or Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze. Mario Kart 8! Super Smashing Men. It's all here on the Nintendo Wii U.

Get smashed today!

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
the wii u is, in fact, a very good system with a lot of really fun games.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Wii U is a great piece of hardware and the second screen makes browsing the Internet a breeze.

With great and original games like the Wonderful 101, ZombiU, and Splatoon, the console offers something for everyone, with gripping horror titles like Fatal Frame: Maiden of Dark Water and thrilling co-op titles like Mario 3D World or Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze. Mario Kart 8! Super Smashing Men. It's all here on the Nintendo Wii U.

Get smashed today!

I can hear all of this in Reggie's presentation voice

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Don't have a Wii U yet???

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Instant Sunrise posted:

the wii u is, in fact, a very good system with a lot of really fun games.

This is true but it also has few users and Mario 3D World was enjoyable but wasn't nearly as good as Galaxy. Yoshi Wooly World was fun, XCX was fun, MK8 was a lot of fun, Pikmin 3 was great and probably the best Pikmin... the system just never got its legs.

Also I still get annoyed with the WiiU UI. It is sluggish and frustrating and the battery on the tablet is so anemic.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Skeezy posted:

Don't have a Wii U yet???

What was he actually selling in that Direct to say those words?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Ciaphas posted:

Samus and Ridley drinking at the bar next to each other, both independently depressed at the directions their lives have taken

"And so I told myself, Ridley, why do you need to keep up with that space pirate poo poo and risk your life when you have Anime?"

"And so I settled down and got officially engaged with YUMI CHAN. I am a happy man now, Samus."

limaCAT fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 7, 2016

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Stop getting trolled Stux

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm glad that everybody was having a good day, an dhopefully it will continue to be..a good day!!

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm glad that everybody was having a good day, an dhopefully it will continue to be..a good day!!

Is your butt cleavage man from 999?

He looks like Ace.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

8-Bit Scholar posted:

What was he actually selling in that Direct to say those words?

The 3DS if I remember right.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Is your butt cleavage man from 999?

He looks like Ace.

no he is not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9J5tYShNY8

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

limaCAT posted:

"And so I told myself, Ridley, why do you need to keep up with that space pirate poo poo and risk your life when you have Anime?"

"And so I settled down and got officially engaged with YUMI CHAN. I am a happy man now, Samus."

this tale took an excellent turn, thank you limaCAT

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Sondadabich!

I'm thinking about getting a new Joseph avatar for part IV, but I might end up with a Brokuyasu one instead.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

oh my god

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/PlayStationJobs/status/706925140865585152

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

RIP Lionhead

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
liondead

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I liked fable 1

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

Jay Rust posted:

I liked fable 1

I liked 2 a lot as well despite its faults, and wish it had gotten a PC port. I keep trying to enjoy 3 but it tries its hardest at every turn to make me dislike it.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

3 had like one good part (creepy dungeon temple thing) and it tried to have a good idea once you became king but nothing came out of that.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
What will Peter Molyneux do now?

Actually what even has Peter Molyneux BEEN doing?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So would 2 still be worth playing nowadays?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
working on milo

• Locked thread