Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
Installing this restarted my pc and now I'm sitting through updates, rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

I think Discord is rather better than Mumble mostly for having a working goddamned overlay, jesus christ Mumble's is impossible

BUT I also think the slapfighting in this thread over the two is immensely silly

Thank you for reading my hot takes, I hope you enjoyed reading them as much as I did writing them

Discord has an overlay? I didn't know, Discord just won the VOIP battle for me if that's the case.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Apparently the staggered release thing blew up and people in the US are downloading meanwhile it's still locked for people in Europe.

It sounds like it's working for people who bought keys from EU sites.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Phoix posted:

I got mine from GMG, which is a UK site. Not working for me yet.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Phoix posted:

Bought my copy straight from Steam with Canadian monopoly money, store doesn't have a countdown anymore.

I DID have to VPN to the UK to get it to unpack my game though.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

Still just "preloaded" here in Australia.

Aussie here as well, once the patch was downloaded I was able to start it up. In the character customisation screen right now :woop:

edit: got my key from gamesplanet.uk

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Crashed during the intro video. Well poo poo.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

Installing this restarted my pc and now I'm sitting through updates, rip

Just happened to me too, mid update. Set my languages and brightness, and saw first cutscene, then it stayed on a black screen. Alt tabbing a few times crashed it. verifying files now.

Nothing easy on launch day, huh :sigh:

Edit:

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Crashed during the intro video. Well poo poo.

Oh poo poo, you too?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Why did I have to get this game in a bundle with my graphics card???? drat you Ubisoft.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I wonder if they ever made borderless windowed work properly in this, it always locked the display and made me task manager my way out in the betas.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

I wonder if they ever made borderless windowed work properly in this, it always locked the display and made me task manager my way out in the betas.

Worked fine for me in the beta and works fine in release :shrug:

Gegil
Jun 22, 2012

Smoke'em if you Got'em

Morter posted:

Just happened to me too, mid update. Set my languages and brightness, and saw first cutscene, then it stayed on a black screen. Alt tabbing a few times crashed it. verifying files now.

Nothing easy on launch day, huh :sigh:

Edit:

Oh poo poo, you too?

poo poo me three

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Yo you can have one of eight faces hth

8 faces,5 hair styles,4 beards including none,10 piercing options, warpaints, tattoos, no actual facial customization.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Morter posted:

Oh poo poo, you too?

I7 4770k/390/12GB @ DDR3 1600mhz/Windows 10 64 bit

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Saw a streamer run past a guy in a fedora

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Tried a VPN to England, game is still locked. :(

TacticalUrbanHomo fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Mar 8, 2016

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Broken Cog posted:

Saw a streamer run past a guy in a fedora

There is no God

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Pound_Coin posted:

8 faces,5 hair styles,4 beards including none,10 piercing options, warpaints, tattoos, no actual facial customization.

I don't understand why Reddit is getting so worked up over this. Destiny didn't have a ton of customization options either, and your guy (or gal!) is going to spend most of the game wrapped up in a scarf with a bobble-touque on their heads.

EDIT: Timer is gone from the Steam store page but the game still shows as "Pre-load" instead of play. Lame. :(

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
erm i jumped on this morning briefly to check this out and someone on my friends list is lvl 15? did beta stuff carry over or did he play from midnight?

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Tried America, again nothing.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

So Best Buy has the gold edition up for pre-order again...but you can only get it shipped, and I'm not paying 35 bucks to get it express shipped for Wednesday.

Any idea if I'll be able to walk into a store and grab a copy of the gold edition tomorrow or am I poo poo outta luck unless I order online?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Handsome Ralph posted:

So Best Buy has the gold edition up for pre-order again...but you can only get it shipped, and I'm not paying 35 bucks to get it express shipped for Wednesday.

Any idea if I'll be able to walk into a store and grab a copy of the gold edition tomorrow or am I poo poo outta luck unless I order online?

You'll be able to get it in the store. With the advent of digital downloads there's no real shortages of games in stores anymore.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
I got it to work, but this game is so loving laggy I keep dying in firefights again AI

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Yeah I tried UK, France and New Zealand, no luck for me. On uPlay.

Looks like you can VPN to get steam to unpack, but then you still can't connect yet.

Pound_Coin posted:

Snuffman posted:

I don't understand why Reddit is getting so worked up over this. Destiny didn't have a ton of customization options either, and your guy (or gal!) is going to spend most of the game wrapped up in a scarf with a bobble-touque on their heads.

I'm not gonna throw a hissy fit over it because like you said we'll be wearing hats and scarves and stuff, but its still pretty loving lazy.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
How big is the download on PC? I am debating whether to get it on PC, or grab an early copy on PS4 and play it immediately.

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.

Unlucky7 posted:

How big is the download on PC? I am debating whether to get it on PC, or grab an early copy on PS4 and play it immediately.

About 30 GB

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm not gonna throw a hissy fit over it because like you said we'll be wearing hats and scarves and stuff, but its still pretty loving lazy.
I can't complain because with the bald head this is pretty much me if I ate less pizzas.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
So I crash every 2 minutes, which is cool. Apparently it might be caused by the snow effects!

Dammit Ubi, my rig is above the min specs, stop being a dick.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006

Roman posted:

I can't complain because with the bald head this is pretty much me if I ate less pizzas.

You're Corey Stoll from The Strain?

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
Fuckin double post...

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Why oh why did i be lazy and buy from uplay

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
Just installed the new GeForce drivers, with no ill effects apparently?? GTX 970 on Win10 x64. 3 monitors connected (two monitors mirrored, one connected but disabled). Did a "clean" install and deselected the 3D Vision stuff, for what that's worth.

Gegil
Jun 22, 2012

Smoke'em if you Got'em

Slanderer posted:

Just installed the new GeForce drivers, with no ill effects apparently?? GTX 970 on Win10 x64. 3 monitors connected (two monitors mirrored, one connected but disabled). Did a "clean" install and deselected the 3D Vision stuff, for what that's worth.

I just did the same, it fixed my black screen on launch. Also. I'm in game murdering hobos! get into Mumble and kill hobos with me.

South
Apr 9, 2001

I am the highest paid lifeguard in the world. Love me.

Dexo posted:

aaaaaaaaah Regdate fights ITTYOOL 2016

Jesus christ.

Oh boy, can I get in on this slap fight?

My account will be 15 this year and it totally has a girlfriend. You just dont know her because she's from Canada and super hot.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
Anyone know where the rewards vendor is

ObesePriest
Nov 4, 2008
Should be in your base of operations in the back

MagnumOpus
Dec 7, 2006

So according to this reddit thread US Steam buyers can play the game right now via VPN to NZ.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Steam buyers pretty much everywhere can play it, I think it's just uplay or people who bought from GMG who can't at this point.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I bought on Steam, it hasn't yet unlocked for me. Tried restarting steam to see if I would trip it. Still nothin'. Eh, if it unlocks early, it unlocks early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Nothing for me on Steam after a couple restarts. A friend of mine is playing and said he bought his key from that cheap UK site a couple days back. I think that's it.

• Locked thread