Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kylra posted:

Why can't we just have cute guys doing cute things? Is that so hard?

You can have those but not if you also want them to kiss, apparently :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
New chapter of Bloom Into You: http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/eventually-i-will-become-yours-r15329

You know, I'm hoping I misread Saeki's character and she's actually just Nanami's best friend who wants her to be happy, and is going to be supporting them from the sidelines, because this is what this chapter is suggesting, and it's cool.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

New chapter of Bloom Into You: http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/eventually-i-will-become-yours-r15329

You know, I'm hoping I misread Saeki's character and she's actually just Nanami's best friend who wants her to be happy, and is going to be supporting them from the sidelines, because this is what this chapter is suggesting, and it's cool.

I dunno if I particularly read that into it, but we can hope.

Either way, the story is certainly turning up the drama a bit, huh.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Everything Burrito posted:

You can have those but not if you also want them to kiss, apparently :shrug:
Welp.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
There's a sci-fi anime called No. 6 that is only okay but is notable for having non-creepy mcs who are way gay.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm so happy someone is translating Mad Cinderella again. I bought the first volume but it's been years since it came out and it doesn't look like any more is going to be forthcoming and there's a ton of it that's untranslated but it got an update the other day. Just hope the group working on it keeps going.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

The Devil Tesla posted:

There's a sci-fi anime called No. 6 that is only okay but is notable for having non-creepy mcs who are way gay.

I've seen gifs of that here and there over the years and also lots of criticism. What's bad about it? Does it end really tragically or something?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Poil posted:

Hitting the random button on Batoto can be fun, but also unpleasant if you don't at least glance at the comments after reading the summary.

I'm so not reading any of that. There is a chance the person is overreacting but I'm not willing to risk it. :gonk:

What is up with all the possessive crap anyway?

It depends? I don't like possessive stories because it's unappealing but keep in mind manga series are ranked by polls so this could be connected to a different audience exp. Also if you haven't read josei I find that it cuts down mostly on immature plotlines from shoujo.

Also I find stories about abuse of women, children, pets to be Not A Good Idea but sometimes I see them under edge-y series vs actually helping the victim's recovery.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

DisDisDis posted:

I've seen gifs of that here and there over the years and also lots of criticism. What's bad about it? Does it end really tragically or something?

I watched it but remember very little about it. I think it was mostly just sort of dull and ended kind of inconclusively. I get the OP song stuck in my head sometimes though.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

DisDisDis posted:

It's just boring.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I can do boring if there's kissing honestly

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't even remember if they do. Maybe once right at the end? I'm totally drawing a blank on the events of the anime and it wasn't even THAT long ago that I watched it but I seem to recall that being one of the annoying things about it, that most of the shounen ai stuff wasn't very outright at all for all that it gets mentioned.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It was boring enough that I just kinda forgot about it and never even finished it, so I can't even tell you if there is any. :shobon:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

DisDisDis posted:

I can do boring if there's kissing honestly

Also it's dumb. It's an shame since I liked everything else about it.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I can't even remember if they do. Maybe once right at the end? I'm totally drawing a blank on the events of the anime and it wasn't even THAT long ago that I watched it but I seem to recall that being one of the annoying things about it, that most of the shounen ai stuff wasn't very outright at all for all that it gets mentioned.

as someone who enjoys the intense brotherhood stuff in sports and adventure anime where you can kind of squint and it seems romantic, it was deeply refreshing to have basically the same thing but they kiss this time. I want more of the same but good

devtesla fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Mar 4, 2016

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
there was also this happening with the unfortunately ignored lady

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8hDpuN6uGQ

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Devil Tesla posted:

I want more of the same but good

:agreed:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

The Devil Tesla posted:

there was also this happening with the unfortunately ignored lady

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8hDpuN6uGQ

She was delightfully weird and is about all I remember. Other than bees or wasps or something.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

New Hatsukoi Zombie.

I just realized this is basically a shonen romcom version of Homunculus :stare:

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
After several years, there's an epilogue chapter to Nodame Cantabile out now

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Pen to Chocolate ended: http://bato.to/reader#7fe50d550d004689

I liked how they resolved the dating your employer issue too. Also no love triangles.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Umibe no Etranger's sequel is being translated, just one two chapters so far: Harukaze no Étranger (mangago links, possibly nsfw)
Apparently it's going to have 3 volumes total, nice to have a longer story to look forward to!

also lol at all the Paradise View trauma in the comments

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 6, 2016

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Umibe no Etranger's sequel is being translated, just one two chapters so far: Harukaze no Étranger (mangago links, possibly nsfw)
Apparently it's going to have 3 volumes total, nice to have a longer story to look forward to!

also lol at all the Paradise View trauma in the comments

I like it :3:

Nice bgs too

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Today I would like to put in a recommendation for A Kiss and a White Lily. You might think from the first chapter it's a typical high school romance story, but this series has a pretty cool hook that instead of focusing on a single couple, it focuses on a number of girls around the same school and they have their own little romances and interactions with each other. It's not something you see a whole lot in romance mangas, and the art style and characters are cute, so this one has my stamp of approval.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sylphid posted:

Today I would like to put in a recommendation for A Kiss and a White Lily. You might think from the first chapter it's a typical high school romance story, but this series has a pretty cool hook that instead of focusing on a single couple, it focuses on a number of girls around the same school and they have their own little romances and interactions with each other. It's not something you see a whole lot in romance mangas, and the art style and characters are cute, so this one has my stamp of approval.

darkgray warning: there are girls kissing

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

Sakurazuka posted:

Thanks. Is it the "lily" bit that gives it away?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Sakurazuka posted:

hahaha

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I don't think there's anything cuter than this manga. But I could be wrong.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It's cute. I could do without some of the couples entirely though.

e: i'd be fine if it was just about the two in the pages you posted. They're great. :3:

a kitten fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Mar 8, 2016

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Sylphid posted:

it hooked me by seeming to focus on one couple and then peaced out on them and become about the entire rest of the student body

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sylphid posted:

it's good

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I had been reading that but kind of stopped keeping track of it.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I like it but I wish it focused more on the main couple

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah that's my problem, I lose interest as soon as it's not about them. It's not too bad if you think about it as an anthology set in the same school, but then none of the stories are actually finished.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah that's my problem, I lose interest as soon as it's not about them. It's not too bad if you think about it as an anthology set in the same school, but then none of the stories are actually finished.

Agreed. I like the side couples but I'm more interested in the main.

At least it's not Aoi Hana, spending chapters on side characters you barely even remember only to never finish their sideplots

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Or the series properly at all

I'm still mad about that ending

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
That lady's new series about the "runaway" girl is really good and I want more chapters really badly.

The main character's taste in men is entirely coincidental to this, of course

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

UP AND ADAM posted:

I don't think there's anything cuter than this manga. But I could be wrong.

It kept updating with new chapters, and now it's not any more, and that's annoying OP

Just my 10 cents

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Today I read Café Latte Rhapsody
It was just bound to become an 'odd-couple'-type of relationship when bookstore employee Serizawa bumps into the Goliath (but apparently very meek and timid one), Keito. Falling in love was easy, but how will Keito overcome his meekness to show Serizawa his true feelings? On the other hand, how will Serizawa vanquish his own insecurities about relationships and accept Keito's affections for him? A lot of things can happen under the cafe latte-colored sky...

It's pretty down to earth and low-key, nothing graphic, has a good female childhood friend (my first impression of her changed a lot by the end of the story), and is very cute and fluffy :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I read Bread and Butter today, and now I want more! I hope someone picks it up again.

Life isn't going too well for Yuzuki. She's a 34 years-old and without a boyfriend. The elementary school she works at is close to firing her, and to top it off she doesn't know what to do with her life at all.
But even when she quits her job and tries an arranged marriage, things don't work out. Only the bread she eats at the small stationery store around the corner gives her comfort. So one day, she asks the store owner to marry her on a whim, and to her surprise, he agrees?