Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iFriend
Sep 11, 2001

Having a bad day?
If you have a black screen on start up, try alt + enter. That fixed it for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

MagnumOpus posted:

So according to this reddit thread US Steam buyers can play the game right now via VPN to NZ.

being from NZ and still staring at "Preloaded", this offends me.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
It's pretty funny that the people who bought directly from uPlay are getting later access, even if it was unintentional.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Elysiume posted:

It's pretty funny that the people who bought directly from uPlay are getting later access, even if it was unintentional.

Pretty expected outcome for a UBISoft game.

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

Bought directly through steam, in the US, was getting the pre-load not ready yet message. Connected to a Bulgarian VPN and it is updating through Steam now.

I use SoftEther VPN (https://www.softether.org) and whatever "VPN Gate Public VPN Relay Server" it says for Bulgaria. Its all free and pretty easy to do.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
For those people having crashing problems, did you play the beta and did you have problems there?

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF
I didn't buy on uplay, but bought a uplay key and it just told me in uplay I was good to go.. so I downloaded another 3GB that didn't pre-load, it installed and launched to a black screen and nothing happened. Couldn't alt-tab, ctrl alt del, nothing. forced reboot. GG

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Had a bunch of cosmetic gear at the rewards vendor in the main base.
Looks like the VPN'ed Agent Origins customes are working in the EU as well.

"Helloooooo, officer!"

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Mar 8, 2016

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer

thebushcommander posted:

I didn't buy on uplay, but bought a uplay key and it just told me in uplay I was good to go.. so I downloaded another 3GB that didn't pre-load, it installed and launched to a black screen and nothing happened. Couldn't alt-tab, ctrl alt del, nothing. forced reboot. GG

try alt-enter when you have the black screen.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Pound_Coin posted:

Yo you can have one of eight faces hth

8 faces,5 hair styles,4 beards including none,10 piercing options, warpaints, tattoos, no actual facial customization.

This is the excited part of the release when the streamers race to cover the most boring stuff about a game to get more twitch dollars.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I didn't play the beta on PC, but I am hoping the keyboard-mouse controls are pretty good?

Don't get me wrong, I have a controller, but I did not like the controller aiming on the console beta.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

jfood posted:

Steam buyers pretty much everywhere can play it, I think it's just uplay or people who bought from GMG who can't at this point.

I got UPlay and can play

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

went up the spout again.

Unlucky7 posted:

I didn't play the beta on PC, but I am hoping the keyboard-mouse controls are pretty good?

Don't get me wrong, I have a controller, but I did not like the controller aiming on the console beta.

As with any shooter keyboard/mouse is the way to go. You won't have a wheel for emotes which kinda sucks, but you can bind them to keys in your keybindings or use chat commands (/exercise, /salute, etc). The grenade or buff selection wheel also kinda sucks, but you can bind those to something else as well.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

Innerguard posted:

try alt-enter when you have the black screen.

I tried that to go to windowed as well, just didn't type it. It does nothing. The only thing I saw was the in game pointer icon..then after doing ctrl alt del it showed the windows pointer on a black screen still. real weird.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009
Bought my UPLAY code from the UK, am playing now from West Coast of NA.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Oh btw for those wondering I still can't play yet, in NZ, On PS4, because I bought it on a US account.

Thanks for listening.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Pivit posted:

As with any shooter keyboard/mouse is the way to go. You won't have a wheel for emotes which kinda sucks, but you can bind them to keys in your keybindings or use chat commands (/exercise, /salute, etc). The grenade or buff selection wheel also kinda sucks, but you can bind those to something else as well.
The emotes defaulted to num 1-6 in the beta for me, if you have a 10key.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

MagnumOpus posted:

So according to this reddit thread US Steam buyers can play the game right now via VPN to NZ.

Didn't have NZ handy but Singapore worked for me.

Edit: Never mind. Got it unlocked, but it won't launch with the VPN off.

TerminalSaint fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Mar 8, 2016

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

went up the spout again.

thebushcommander posted:

I tried that to go to windowed as well, just didn't type it. It does nothing. The only thing I saw was the in game pointer icon..then after doing ctrl alt del it showed the windows pointer on a black screen still. real weird.

Mine did that too, black screen, couldn't alt-tab or ctrl-alt-del for task manager. I could tell I was in windows because I'd see my normal cursor, but if I went back to the game I'd get the division cursor. Pressed alt-f4 to close the game and when I relaunched it I can see stuff now. Odd.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Oh btw for those wondering I still can't play yet, in NZ, On PS4, because I bought it on a US account.

Thanks for listening.

Whats it like in New Zealand?

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Tenzarin posted:

Full of stupid fat hobbitses

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Dead Like Rev posted:

Full of stupid fat hobbitses

Man you are so negative.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Tenzarin posted:

Like everywhere else, but smaller.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

Pivit posted:

Mine did that too, black screen, couldn't alt-tab or ctrl-alt-del for task manager. I could tell I was in windows because I'd see my normal cursor, but if I went back to the game I'd get the division cursor. Pressed alt-f4 to close the game and when I relaunched it I can see stuff now. Odd.

Same and I am killing alex!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Like everywhere else, but smaller.

Wow xbox controllers that are regular size.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

lilspooky posted:

For those people having crashing problems, did you play the beta and did you have problems there?

Yes I did, No I didn't.

I'm pretty confused and annoyed.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

MagnumOpus posted:

but... I'm in aus and it doesn't work :crossarms:

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Also posting to confirm I got all the US only dress-up outfits outside the US.

:2bong:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Pound_Coin posted:

Also posting to confirm I got all the US only dress-up outfits outside the US.

:2bong:

Your dps is really low.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

MagnumOpus posted:

I got a VPN with a NZ IP but no joy, do I gotta do something special besides connect & launch steam?

EDIT: probably dumb to ask, thanks for the link and brief excitement tho

Locobono fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Mar 8, 2016

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Locobono posted:

I got a VPN with a NZ IP but no joy, do I gotta do something special besides connect & launch steam?

I think its entirely dependent on where you got your key.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Y'all need to stop trying to connect to kiwiland. The game is out in the UK now and connecting to a London server worked just fine for me launching through Steam.

And make sure Steam is fully closed when you connect the VPN or it won't unlock.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Tenzarin posted:

Your dps is really low.

Don't care, can cos-play as an orange:

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

MagnumOpus posted:

The idiot never confirmed he could play before rushing to get his upvotes, he later posted that he can't actually play.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Pound_Coin posted:

Don't care, can cos-play as an orange:

Don't you mean a moving target?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

So anyone elses' agent origins key just blank?

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Elendil004 posted:

You'll get an email with the code as well.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Elendil004 posted:

This happened to someone else earlier in the thread

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

SlayVus posted:

You'll get an email with the code as well.

That was what my email looked like. It's just a blank :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Yeah that is the e-mail :(

• Locked thread