Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

8-Bit Scholar posted:

What will Peter Molyneux do now?

Actually what even has Peter Molyneux BEEN doing?

someone hacked his twitter and pretended he was retiring and it was funny but then he got it back and confirmed that his next scam game was still in full swing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Shindragon posted:

I gave up a long time ago he would ever be redeemed. I'm just mostly there for Sully and boy was I glad his death in 3 was fake.

edit: This guy gets it. vvvv

i was thinking of that in uncharted 2 where nathan finds out about the treasure and immediately plans to gently caress over their boss and steal it for himself, but then later someone betrays him in order to get the stuff to their actual boss who hired them and is paying them for their heist, and that's unforgiveable

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

VideoGames posted:

My WiiU is the favourite console I've owned. I've had more fun with it this last year than any other.
It will probably be retired this year to make way for the NX2017 but I don't feel bad.

The Wii U has more great games than the competitors put together atm, if you don't count HD ports. And it has a couple of those anyway.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Skeezy posted:

3 had like one good part (creepy dungeon temple thing) and it tried to have a good idea once you became king but nothing came out of that.

Fable 3 allowed me to get married, move into a small house and then point and laugh at my newborn child in his crib. It's probably the best Fable on PC.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Is there a way to make Death To Spies 2 not look, control, and play like poo poo

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

StashAugustine posted:

Is there a way to make Death To Spies 2 not look, control, and play like poo poo
Nope, its a bad game.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Playing it, and also Blood Money, makes me want to kiss whoever invented over the shoulder 3rd person aiming

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
blood money is a good game

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

StashAugustine posted:

It sounds like you do not like it so maybe play a cool game you do like, instead.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Well I want to like a game that's like Hitman but with big outdoor spaces with varied objectives full of Nazis to guiltlessly murder by the dozen but I think I might just get the new Hitman instead

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

8-Bit Scholar posted:

What will Peter Molyneux do now?

Actually what even has Peter Molyneux BEEN doing?

Godus, and then cancelling Godus, and replacing it with Godus Wars

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

This game owned. Still like it more than IoG and Terranigma. :allears:

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Re: Fable games

I found 2 and beyond (I never played the first) to be unique amongst rpgs. You can not only play them mindlessly, but also beat the game and get all achievements mindlessly playing. Good for scratching that rpg itch but with zero effort. This is good because if you're mindful, the terrible writing and stupid mechanics will piss you off.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

corn in the bible posted:

it's not very good but it's not terrible, either. i changed it to japanese because i thought ayesha's voice was annoying, so you'll know right away whether you're cool with it or not.

by the way, pro tip: there's a twice-yearly rare item contest, and you should try to enter every time it happens regardless of whether you think you'll win. even the consolation prize goes up with each go. also, you can buy back the thing you entered after the contest is over, so feel free to hand over the philosopher's stone or a giant gold statue or diamonds or whatever

thanks muchly. agreed re: ayesha's voice, thank goodness they left the JP dub in

only just getting started really, that Keithgriff guy is kind of a jerk :(

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Ciaphas posted:

only just getting started really, that Keithgriff guy is kind of a jerk :(

He says something to the effect of "I don't care what society thinks of me" and my brother makes fun of him for it.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I mean his dialogue might as well be "I know where your not-actually-dead sister probably is but i'm not telling neener neener", eesh, "learn it yourself" doesn't apply here

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Hi Games thread sorry I haven't been around I've been loving downloading Black Desert Online literally all day and playing League in the interm.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

whoa reu

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I'm the snake.

Who is also a lady.

It is complicated.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

they do a resident evil lets play series and post frequently about collaborating with superbunnyhop
get your poo poo straight stux.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
goons.xls needs updating, I thought Lady Naga was the one who would make up probable-sounding stories about video game news and then post an image of a goat yelling "Lady Naga'd!"

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I should be sleeping but I'm awake waiting for The Division to unlock on my PS4.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

bloodychill posted:

goons.xls needs updating, I thought Lady Naga was the one who would make up probable-sounding stories about video game news and then post an image of a goat yelling "Lady Naga'd!"

This sounds like a really good gimmick tbqh I might have to start doing this.

Skeezy posted:

I should be sleeping but I'm awake waiting for The Division to unlock on my PS4.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBMI6ojyvfU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

You should also follow this advice tbh. You said earlier today you have trouble sleeping :smith:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Here's a video game related version of the vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNnwzB61Wc8

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

ubisoft isn't good at games lately, why would this new one be any different??

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Jay Rust posted:

Because it ain't open world, and hey Rainbow Vegas games were decent.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

becayse the beta was really fun

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Owned.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stux posted:

becayse the beta was really fun

yeah it was i enjoyed playing it with you. wondering how much more than the beta the full game is.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

lol if you're not cynical about everything ever

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jay Rust posted:

games.txt

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Dear Capcom,

Your giant bat boss is dumb and I hate you. Suck on my nuts.

Love,

8-Bit Scholar

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Dear Capcom,

Your giant bat boss is dumb and I hate you. Suck on my nuts.

Love,

8-Bit Scholar

Bats are adorable though.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Jay Rust posted:

QA already broke me so what do I have to lose.

Checkmate. :colbert:

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Lady Naga posted:

Bats are adorable though.

Listen this poo poo was hosed. So I get through all the puzzles, collect all my gear and heal up everyone to Fine. I send Rebecca out to the dangerous route to go get the last tablet and she does it and I do the puzzle and I unlock the door. Only one problem: left Rebecca's handgun in the main hall. I debate whether I need it, decide it's better to have it as a backup in case I run out of grenades, and go on back, not realizing that the door I'd come in from now exits out to a new place

a new place with loving murder apes who just wreck Rebecca, stunlocking her all the way into Danger. I used the last of my grenades to kill them, got the pistol, and limp her back to this area, and now she's bleeding out on a pressure switch while Billy gets thrown around like a goddamn rag doll by the goddamn bat

Resident Evil Zero is

upsetting me.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

People were actually excited when they found out you could finally stop items anywhere in RE0, how little they knew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It boggles my mind that Resident Evil Zero and Code Veronica came out so close to REmake.

• Locked thread