Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Yeah, previously only Nien Numb Dash (lol) or a non PtL build was actually hard to catch. Even then, good play could let you cover the distance sometimes. Kanan makes it much more likely I'll run PtL over Lone Wolf on Dash. Old PtL Dash was just too easy to catch and box in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
What would be the most broken double upgrade slot? Like for instance double astromech. Think of BB-8 and R2-D2 together. Or even worse, one of them with an r2 unit.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Yeah, I really dread the idea of facing something that unpredictable. Unlocking the entire dial on Superdash makes his manoeuvrability just go insane. He can potentially go from bumped to the outside edge of range 3 in one go OR go from bumped to behind where he started. It makes him virtually impossible to guess or block.

I'm really not looking forward to it.

I mean, the Ghost will be the new hotness for a while, but I don't doubt we'll start seeing Kanan Superdash come up a lot after it's settled down.

Fortunately, I will have my scum PWT double shooting PS11 with a target lock and a focus because gently caress you dashy boy.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

thespaceinvader posted:

Not to mention that if Dash doesn't need it (he bumped or whatever) someone else close by can use it instead. And he can clear stress when ionised (which is probably incidental, but meh).

I don't often decry cards as OP, but I'm really worried that Kanan massively warps the meta in favour of multi-action rebel pancakes, hardly a class of ship that really needed a buff...

Falcons have been vanishingly rare in any tournament in these parts (I've seen one in three Store Champs) so I honestly can't say this is a bad thing.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Honestly there's basically no reason for Dengar to be PS 11. You're waaaay better off either making him more agile like Dash with Unhinged/PtL, or giving him Predator so his shots actually land I think.

Unless you really really hate Whisper, I guess, or need to build to 100 points and still beat other PS9 dudes.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Hell, Hera and Kanan are a good combo too. Of course they are in teh show too so y'know.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Strobe posted:

Falcons have been vanishingly rare in any tournament in these parts (I've seen one in three Store Champs) so I honestly can't say this is a bad thing.

That's not my experience, I've seen a number, including one tournament where I lost to two sequential virtually identical chewieebo builds.

Kanan doesn't have quite the same impact on Falcons that he does on Dash, granted. But I think Falcons can probably make better use of the crew slots to tank the gently caress up than Dash can; Dash tanks by opening the range and taking advantage of his primary secondary weapon, and Kanan makes that so much easier.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The Gate posted:

Honestly there's basically no reason for Dengar to be PS 11. You're waaaay better off either making him more agile like Dash with Unhinged/PtL, or giving him Predator so his shots actually land I think.

Unless you really really hate Whisper, I guess, or need to build to 100 points and still beat other PS9 dudes.

I really hate VI Vader and VI Chiraneau and Whisper and Soontir and so on and so forth. I like PS11 a lot. There has been a lot of PS9+ in my local meta recently, albeit my VI on Vader at the weekend was almost worthless due to the matchups I drew :(

Not saying there are other good options, K4/R4 (or K4/unhinged) gives you very solid dice mods for both shots and keeps your EPT slot free, so VI seems a natural fit.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
There were literally zero Falcons at the Game Cafe Store Championship, one at the Geekery (Chewie), and I heard that there were zero in the Springfield Store Champs. TableTop is this weekend, and I'm expecting between one and zero.

I've actually seen more T-65 X-wings that weren't mine in Store Champs this year than I've seen Falcons. I've seen more Defenders than Falcons. It's bizarre.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

bunnyofdoom posted:

What? No no no. I said a free action could be used on a crew with an action heading. Like Lando Calrissian's crew card.

No that a k-wing could take an evade action.

yes we have established that i can't read. :mad:

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

thespaceinvader posted:

I really hate VI Vader and VI Chiraneau and Whisper and Soontir and so on and so forth. I like PS11 a lot. There has been a lot of PS9+ in my local meta recently, albeit my VI on Vader at the weekend was almost worthless due to the matchups I drew :(

Not saying there are other good options, K4/R4 (or K4/unhinged) gives you very solid dice mods for both shots and keeps your EPT slot free, so VI seems a natural fit.

K4/Unhinged I've definitely used, and found myself having nothing to modify the second shot usually. Granted, this is usually against aces, so. R4 might be helpful there, but then your greens for K4 are a lot more obvious.

I feel like Dengar really could utilize the Mindlink as well with the right list.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Strobe posted:

There were literally zero Falcons at the Game Cafe Store Championship, one at the Geekery (Chewie), and I heard that there were zero in the Springfield Store Champs. TableTop is this weekend, and I'm expecting between one and zero.

I've actually seen more T-65 X-wings that weren't mine in Store Champs this year than I've seen Falcons. I've seen more Defenders than Falcons. It's bizarre.

The meta is crazy diverse in a lot of places at the moment. There was only a single Falcon at my Store Champs too and it was Chewie and three A-Wings.

I'm glad to see the T-65 coming back a bit. I might have to try my hand at flying it again. I'm already pretty used to ships that can't reposition from flying Y-Wings and K-Wings a bunch.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

My local meta (for league and champs) have seen very very few large ships, and I haven't seen a Falcon since our gimmicky "if a pilot dies you can't use him the rest of league" league. The half points FAQ really ruined them for a lot of people, I think.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

My local meta (for league and champs) have seen very very few large ships, and I haven't seen a Falcon since our gimmicky "if a pilot dies you can't use him the rest of league" league. The half points FAQ really ruined them for a lot of people, I think.

Twin Laser Turrets ruined them

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Which do you think would be better for Chopper: Ion Projectors or Anti Pursuit Lasers?

alg posted:

Twin Laser Turrets ruined them

It's a shame Reinforced Deflectors doesn't provide a bonus against taking 3 damage in one round as opposed to 3 damage in one shot. That would really help big ships against TLT spam, although it might be too powerful.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Mar 8, 2016

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
What are peoples plans with the Jumpmaster?

I was just messing around and came up with this.
https://goo.gl/photos/AhztaEbUuDmtMMuJ6

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
PTL Superdash with Kanan is 58 points. I always struggle with a pairing for superdash though. His whole deal is zipping around the board unpredictably, and any low-mobility buddies really decrease the unpredictability factor of a Superdash.

You can pair him with a "standard Poe" at 37-38 points, but then you have an awkward 4 or 5 points left, which I suppose you could fill with cluster missiles for Dash to provide a 1 turn donut hole coverage.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

canyoneer posted:

PTL Superdash with Kanan is 58 points. I always struggle with a pairing for superdash though. His whole deal is zipping around the board unpredictably, and any low-mobility buddies really decrease the unpredictability factor of a Superdash.

You can pair him with a "standard Poe" at 37-38 points, but then you have an awkward 4 or 5 points left, which I suppose you could fill with cluster missiles for Dash to provide a 1 turn donut hole coverage.

That's why I like the idea of pairing him with Chopper. You let Dash run around dodging and shooting at range 3 while Chopper just gets in their face, blocking and causing general mayhem.

Part of me really this that Ion Projectors would be even better than Anti Pursuit Lasers for such a build since there's a chance you could possibly lock up someone for multiple turns.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Can someone tell me what donut holing means?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Some Numbers posted:

For the YT2400 with outrider title and heavy laser cannon, you cannot fire at anything at range 1, thus creating a "donut hole" of ships you can't shoot at

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Some Numbers posted:

Twin Laser Turrets and the Outrider with an HLC can hit anywhere in range 2 or 3, but not at range one. They threaten a donut, but if you get close, in the hole, you're safe from return fire.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
double post

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Chill la Chill posted:

Dash Rendar promo with Corran promo is going to look real nice next to each other. Just like Disco Vader and Soontir. Really what OGP needs is a Gogo girl Promo.

Dash Rendar promo wont look nice anywhere because the card makes him look like a creepy sex offender

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That's why I like the idea of pairing him with Chopper. You let Dash run around dodging and shooting at range 3 while Chopper just gets in their face, blocking and causing general mayhem.

Part of me really this that Ion Projectors would be even better than Anti Pursuit Lasers for such a build since there's a chance you could possibly lock up someone for multiple turns.

Tactical Jammer would be interesting as well, if you were able to keep him between Dash and other ships.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

canyoneer posted:

For the YT2400 with outrider title and heavy laser cannon, you cannot fire at anything at range 1, thus creating a "donut hole" of ships you can't shoot at

Poopy Palpy posted:

Twin Laser Turrets and the Outrider with an HLC can hit anywhere in range 2 or 3, but not at range one. They threaten a donut, but if you get close, in the hole, you're safe from return fire.

Thanks! That makes a lot of sense.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

zVxTeflon posted:

Dash Rendar promo wont look nice anywhere because the card makes him look like a creepy sex offender

I think it's the most realistic portrayal of Dash yet.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

zVxTeflon posted:

Endman
May 18, 2010

I take it back. This is the most realistic portrayal of Dash.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Dash is the smuggler that's Han Solo but cooler and more important to the rebellion, right?

Dr Intergalactic
Apr 21, 2010

CRASH!
:sharpton:
AGAIN!

Gerdalti posted:

What are peoples plans with the Jumpmaster?

I was just messing around and came up with this.
https://goo.gl/photos/AhztaEbUuDmtMMuJ6

Manaroo piloting and passing off free target locks thanks to K4. PtL and Engine Upgrade. I have never flown a swarm so I've been building it with Ys and it seems neat. I like the idea of all the z95s just couldn't fly it at the moment.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

Dash is the smuggler that's Han Solo but cooler and more important to the rebellion, right?

That's what he wants you to think, anyway.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

lol

Irom
May 16, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Chill la Chill posted:

I heard you need a pilot.

I can fly anything.

Beep boop

Is no one itt going to say how weird this is?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

I'm glad that the arm lengthening surgery worked out

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

This is the Dash that my 8 year old self thought was :krad:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
What do you think all those shoulder pouches are full of???

Endman
May 18, 2010

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Pocky

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Irom posted:

Is no one itt going to say how weird this is?

We're all trying to ignore it the best we can.

And Dash is an even poorer man's Kyle Katarn.

enigmahfc fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Mar 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Tactical Jammer would be interesting as well, if you were able to keep him between Dash and other ships.

I'd be worried about how difficult that would be to pull off, but it's definitely an interesting idea. Wouldn't they just ignore Dash and shoot Chopper instead if he was trying to ram them anyway?

• Locked thread