Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Minnesota went loving blue for Water Mondale I think it's gonna be blue, Nate.

Also, have genuinely wondered this--are the Clintons too far from Arkansas to still get Arkansas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Pick posted:

Also, have genuinely wondered this--are the Clintons too far from Arkansas to still get Arkansas?

Romney won AR by 24%. There is no chance in hell.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Nate is trolling you guys. He runs the models thousands of times each and they always produce some wacky outlier maps on the tail ends of the curve.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Slate Action posted:

Romney won AR by 24%. There is no chance in hell.

I figured, but people can be weirdly possessive of people from "their state" (even if Bill was the one born there/governor of).

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Joementum posted:

Nate is trolling you guys. He runs the models thousands of times each and they always produce some wacky outlier maps on the tail ends of the curve.
I mean that's obviously a worst case scenario for anyone not Trump, but still, Minnesota???

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
This is our world now.

https://twitter.com/frankthorpNBC/status/707011902803677184

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Trump is literally the antithesis of the RNC 2012 Autopsy

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Hahaha

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I mean that's obviously a worst case scenario for anyone not Trump, but still, Minnesota???

There's always this periodic thing every election where all the media is like "but no this could TOTALLY be the year the GOP flips Minnesota!!!11" and it never happens. I have no clue why.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Paul Ryan staring at the 'Donald Trump' contact in his phone while his thumb hovers over the dial button.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
One by one they will be assimilated.

(from Jacki Schechner's twitter)

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Von Sloneker posted:

One by one they will be assimilated.

(from Jacki Schechner's twitter)

Biden??

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

Paul Ryan staring at the 'Donald Trump' contact in his phone while his thumb hovers over the dial button.

the tears won't stop coming. Is that blood?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Well, at least Trump can stop saying "I get along with Mitch McConnell and I think I'll get along with Paul Ryan." Now they've actually talked!

Somewhere in some shithole in western Ohio Jon Boehner pours himself a triple shot of the finest bourbon, lights a cigar, and thanks God he's out of that awful job.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I love the music choice in this Cruz Super PAC sugar subsidies ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4xihEISsuU

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
*Paul Ryan initiates conference call with candidates to discuss his agenda *

*other candidates listen in closely and give their perspective except Donald trump who clearly has the call on speaker and is heard yelling "boringgggggg" every time Ryan begins speaking

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

"Little Paul, he calls me- he calls me, and he says 'Mr. Trump, here's our plan.' And I said what? What is this plan? It stinks. It stinks. Get it out of here. This plan, this plan here is the worst, I mean the worst plan I have ever seen. Very low energy. These guys have no idea how to make a deal. They have no- no idea what they're doing. So I said to Little Paul, 'Paul, your plan is garbage. It's terrible. The American people don't want it. I am going to write a plan- a big plan. I'm going to write a plan, and it's going to be the best plan you've ever seen. It'll, it'll make your head spin. Believe it.'"

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

radical meme posted:

What's way more unsettling to me is the implication that all of those tech oligarchs support the GOP.

quote:

along with Democratic Rep. John Delaney, who represents Maryland

quote:

Democratic officials, including Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.), Jason Furman, the chair of Barack Obama's Council of Economic Advisers, Gene Sperling, another top Obama economic adviser, and former Treasury Secretary Larry Summers, were listed as 2015 attendees, Bloomberg reported at the time.

It's just a business/politics conference, not a republican thing. My guess is it's a lot like a mini davos. So they're all wealthy/out of touch/etc, but not necessarily republicans

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

"Little Paul, he calls me- he calls me, and he says 'Mr. Trump, here's our plan.' And I said what? What is this plan? It stinks. It stinks. Get it out of here. This plan, this plan here is the worst, I mean the worst plan I have ever seen. Very low energy. These guys have no idea how to make a deal. They have no- no idea what they're doing. So I said to Little Paul, 'Paul, your plan is garbage. It's terrible. The American people don't want it. I am going to write a plan- a big plan. I'm going to write a plan, and it's going to be the best plan you've ever seen. It'll, it'll make your head spin. Believe it.'"

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Trump says it's been decades since the President got all of Congress in a room and said, "let's get things done".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNPLYqNTj-4

Guessing he doesn't watch the State of the Union often.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Joementum posted:

I can't wait to fight BiG Sugar in dark souls 3!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Patter Song posted:

Somewhere in some shithole in western Ohio Jon Boehner pours himself a triple shot of the finest bourbon, lights a cigar, and thanks God he's out of that awful job.

I bet he wishes he'd done it sooner. Herding increasingly vicious and stupid cats.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Joementum posted:

They couldn't get rights to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIyRXvHmXxo&t=51s

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

Trump says it's been decades since the President got all of Congress in a room and said, "let's get things done".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNPLYqNTj-4

Guessing he doesn't watch the State of the Union often.

Is 2010 decades ago now? I lose track here in CURRENT YEAR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5vOMIN673A

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Hey, at least they're all being civil enough to keep each other's phone numbers to themselves now, instead of putting them on /b/ or whatever the hell happened last year.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Two gin-scented tears ran down the side of Marco's nose. And as the call came in from Paul Ryan, he won the victory with himself. He loved Big Donald.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

That's a pretty good ad.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

obama won minnesota 53-45 in 2012 so if the model saw clinton/sanders (the fact that model apparently considers the two as interchangeable is the silliest thing i'm seeing here btw) and bloomberg as splitting the democratic vote especially evenly there, i can get how minnesota might be the closest trump win

looking at the table of state results sorted by obama's margin of victory here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2012#Results
here are the states that map gives the democrats/denies trump that went for obama by less than he got in minnesota:

new hampshire (???)
nevada

so now i'm thinking the real crazy thing here is pretending a split democratic vote wouldn't hand new hampshire to the republican candidate, especially the republican candidate who won its primary

anyway my point is just that minnesota is about as blue as georgia is red (according to that table). in fact if you did the inverse of my map the other night where i simulated a romney candidacy by giving him utah and giving clinton every state obama lost by less than 10%, i.e. if you gave trump every state romney lost by less than 10%, the only differences between that and nate's model here would be that trump would also get nevada, new hampshire, michigan, and maine's 2nd congressional district

presumably that difference arises from some analysis of where republican voters would go to bloomberg as well. i guess he sees a lot of live free or die republicans voting for st michael the big gulp slayer

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Mar 8, 2016

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
Real Bloomberg ad for his potential run: http://www.nytimes.com/video/us/politics/100000004256626/michael-bloomberg-advertisement.html?smid=tw-share

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Donald Trump is the most dangerous man in the World.

He really should run towards this.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

a lot of the news now is basically people who haven't been paying attention to this shitshow taking it all in in one shot and freaking the gently caress out

we've been taking it in through variolation over the course of most of a year, they're getting hit with the pure strain trump without the built-up immunity

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Trump is literally the antithesis of the RNC 2012 Autopsy

Vox did a write up about how he actually proved one of their minor points/theories correct, specifically the issue of the "missing white voter". Turns out all you need to do to activate them is to be an authoritarian strong man!

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

oystertoadfish posted:

a lot of the news now is basically people who haven't been paying attention to this shitshow taking it all in in one shot and freaking the gently caress out

we've been taking it in through variolation over the course of most of a year, they're getting hit with the pure strain trump without the built-up immunity

nowadays, I need hourly trump tweets just to feel normal

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Donald Trump PLEASE call out ted cruz for being a brony

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

I only have one question: how can they possibly top the last debate?

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Apparently Ben Carson endorsed Donald Trump on Hannity's radio show this morning? How did I miss this? Can someone confirm it?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Rocks posted:

Apparently Ben Carson endorsed Donald Trump on Hannity's radio show this morning? How did I miss this? Can someone confirm it?
I don't think that's true.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I only have one question: how can they possibly top the last debate?

donald trump calls out cruz for being a huge liar who nevertheless claims the pony of honesty is his favorite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vUgcWlX-rk

• Locked thread