Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nogic
Jul 6, 2002
Nooo play with meee. ;_;

Or i'll probably just make an alt on mushin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monster Mash
Sep 11, 2001

Shoutouts to Hajoon's Basic Training Rejuvenation Tonic.

Good luck to any other BMs out there! I'm sure the new meta-challenge will be what BM can clear Mushin 8.3 with the lowest stats and no hongmoon book.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Is it just me or does the LMB for low level warlock feel really stuckly. Like. Maybe i'm missing attacks that fill in later but compared to the lmb chaining of a FM it feels really jarring.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Innerguard posted:

Is it just me or does the LMB for low level warlock feel really stuckly. Like. Maybe i'm missing attacks that fill in later but compared to the lmb chaining of a FM it feels really jarring.

lmb can force the trigger of mantra if you are having horrible luck elsewhere greatly boosting your focus recovery which you are going to be burning faster later on when you start stacking cooldown reducing traits and chaining instant cast abilities. Outside of that its pretty weak, its only purpose is to trigger mantra if you cant trigger it from somewhere else, you cant even boost it with other traits like every other class.

shwag
Apr 23, 2008

nogic posted:

Nooo play with meee. ;_;

Or i'll probably just make an alt on mushin.

That's what i'm going to do till we get transfers , their are only 2-3 people max online at the same time on Cho :( So so ronery.

Time to join the Lock train on Mushin!

shwag fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Mar 3, 2016

hihifellow
Jun 17, 2005

seriously where the fuck did this genre come from
guess we post here for an invite to the clan on mushin? could use one, ign Instant Tim

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?
Just hit 38. So many Lycan shields. So, so many. Not one weapon drop. I feel like they are really trying to get me to use that Moonwater key.

Willie Trombone
Feb 13, 2004

Elpato posted:

Just hit 38. So many Lycan shields. So, so many. Not one weapon drop. I feel like they are really trying to get me to use that Moonwater key.

Lycan weapons can be bought on the market for about 5s a piece (up to 10s depending on class). For the most part, the weapons that are only required for breakthrough (not evolution) can be bought on the market for cheap, like about the price of the keys for opening two chests (the only exception I know of is Imperator Bangles, which seem to sell for as much as a gold at some point each day, which makes them actually worth farming for one item or so a day if you aren't able to farm anything better... the dungeon can be soloed in less than five minutes with infernal gear at level 45).

Monster Mash
Sep 11, 2001

Mashing's Market Plays of the Week:

Sealed Corrupted Razors going over 3g+ and selling like hotcakes.
Raven Feather Fans selling for 9s+ a piece, cost 40c from a vendor.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

I thought about getting in on the Sealed Corrupted Razor market, but there's a good reason they're that expensive. The Darkglimpse is the worst most boring piece of poo poo.

Leafy Wall
Oct 12, 2011
So if I wanted to mash the buttons and do relatively well, is the only option to go Summoner? This game seems like it's built around melee way more than spellcasters.

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?

Willie Trombone posted:

Lycan weapons can be bought on the market for about 5s a piece (up to 10s depending on class). For the most part, the weapons that are only required for breakthrough (not evolution) can be bought on the market for cheap, like about the price of the keys for opening two chests (the only exception I know of is Imperator Bangles, which seem to sell for as much as a gold at some point each day, which makes them actually worth farming for one item or so a day if you aren't able to farm anything better... the dungeon can be soloed in less than five minutes with infernal gear at level 45).

Thanks for that. Will save a lot of time.

Willie Trombone
Feb 13, 2004

Monster Mash posted:

Mashing's Market Plays of the Week:

Sealed Corrupted Razors going over 3g+ and selling like hotcakes.
Raven Feather Fans selling for 9s+ a piece, cost 40c from a vendor.

Maybe I'll circle back around to imperator weapons this weekend after all...

Irony.or.Death posted:

I thought about getting in on the Sealed Corrupted Razor market, but there's a good reason they're that expensive. The Darkglimpse is the worst most boring piece of poo poo.

It's a real shame that the corrupted weapons are the only ones that seem to go well with the dark sandstorm costume, although I guess the cost of glamouring is still way more than the cost of the weapons (unless you're a warlock trying to do so this week).

Edit: I went back and actually looked and I think phantom, sentinel, and bokgon weapons also arguably go with the costume.

Willie Trombone fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Mar 5, 2016

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Irony.or.Death posted:

Agreed, it's a standout terrible experience when you're doing the dungeon finder daily hustle while leveling and I always skipped it

Monster Mash
Sep 11, 2001

Leafy Wall posted:

So if I wanted to mash the buttons and do relatively well, is the only option to go Summoner? This game seems like it's built around melee way more than spellcasters.

Summoner or FM imo. Melee is real satisfying but you tend to have to deal with more mechanics and might end up with RSI

Willie Trombone
Feb 13, 2004

Having run each about twenty times, I feel confident saying that the shadowstrike mission is worse than the darkglimpse one (shadowstrike for the soul shield achievement and the costume, which never showed)... at least all the enemies come to you, and as blademaster you can literally hold left-click until the last wave and a half before the trivial boss if you stand just behind the center of the core thingy (this is when you're over-leveled, though).

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
I completely forgot about this game and hadn't realized it had launched. Just created a character on Mushin, wouldn't mind an invite to the goon congregation. ign Cezia.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
This looks pretty cool. I'm downloading now to check it out.

oh rly
Feb 22, 2006
oh rly ya rly no wai
Just downloaded the game last night and got an Assassin to 10. Enjoying it so far.

Could I get an invite to the guild on Mushin? My in game name is Hensha.

Monster Mash
Sep 11, 2001

Heads up that this works:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/497kto/if_you_didnt_receive_the_level_20_survey_on_your/

I'm already way past where I need a Cinderlands brilliant key but it's a free dragon pouch + accessory leveling gems (save these for the level 36 accessories if you havent been) and if you're a warlock, do Darkglimpse for a chest and use the brilliant key on that for some scratch.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
DPS parser, for those of you who care about such things.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Finally downloading after forgetting about the game for a month when hearing about how bad the login queues are. I remember from beta I really liked all of KFM/Destroyer/Assassin and had a hard time picking between them.

EDIT: Is there currently room in the Mushin clan? In game now as Syyka.

Evrart Claire fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Mar 8, 2016

Monster Mash
Sep 11, 2001

TheFluff posted:

DPS parser, for those of you who care about such things.

Aww snap the beginning of the end times.

Zerilan posted:

EDIT: Is there currently room in the Mushin clan?

Yup! Send a tell to the list in the OP or Ephekt/Mashing.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

How long does it take until I'm doing insane kung fu combat moves?

I started a Kung-Fu Master and I just hit level 10. It looks like I'm a quarter of the way through leveling and the only "combo" I have is to knock a dude down and headbutt him. The class videos made it look like this game had insane action kung fu combat, but I'm basically pressing down LMB and maybe hitting 2 or tab every so often.

The game looks great and seems like it WANTS to be fun, I'm just not finding the combat very engaging at all.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

bear is driving! posted:

How long does it take until I'm doing insane kung fu combat moves?

I started a Kung-Fu Master and I just hit level 10. It looks like I'm a quarter of the way through leveling and the only "combo" I have is to knock a dude down and headbutt him. The class videos made it look like this game had insane action kung fu combat, but I'm basically pressing down LMB and maybe hitting 2 or tab every so often.

The game looks great and seems like it WANTS to be fun, I'm just not finding the combat very engaging at all.

Give it time. KFM gets an insane amount of situational skills, and you can change them pretty drastically with the skill tree.

If you aren't digging it by 30 (or even 20, really), start over with a different class, but it'll click soon I'm pretty sure. Leveling is fast enough that you aren't throwing much time away.

E: one complaint I have is that the game doesn't tell you when you gain new skills. Is there a list somewhere with abilities per class per level?

SymmetryrtemmyS fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Mar 7, 2016

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Give it time. KFM gets an insane amount of situational skills, and you can change them pretty drastically with the skill tree.

If you aren't digging it by 30, start over with a different class, but it'll click soon I'm pretty sure.

E: one complaint I have is that the game doesn't tell you when you gain new skills. Is there a list somewhere with abilities per class per level?

It should tell you when you ding, you'll get a notification above the chat window. Also, if you open your skill book the new skills should be under a header labelled "new."

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

If you aren't digging it by 30 (or even 20, really), start over with a different class, but it'll click soon I'm pretty sure. Leveling is fast enough that you aren't throwing much time away.

That's fair.

I kinda want to play a melee class because in the trailers the combat looks nuts. Which class starts getting cool combat right away? The Blade Master seems to be on par with KFM where it feels kinda boring. The Force Master looks fun, but I want to punch dudes.

I didn't really like Warlock, and I almost always hate the "stealth" classes, so Assassin doesn't appeal to me.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

bear is driving! posted:

That's fair.

I kinda want to play a melee class because in the trailers the combat looks nuts. Which class starts getting cool combat right away? The Blade Master seems to be on par with KFM where it feels kinda boring. The Force Master looks fun, but I want to punch dudes.

I didn't really like Warlock, and I almost always hate the "stealth" classes, so Assassin doesn't appeal to me.
Stick to KFM then: early on they are pretty limited in what they can do, but once you get a few more levels under the belt you'll be constantly kicking and dragon-punching enemies in the sky, air juggle them, slam them into the ground with your foot in their face, wail on them while they are on their backs and then repeat the process all over again. :getin:
Also you have a crazy-powerful default block skill that will make you night-invulnerable to most single attacks.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

radintorov posted:

Stick to KFM then: early on they are pretty limited in what they can do, but once you get a few more levels under the belt you'll be constantly kicking and dragon-punching enemies in the sky, air juggle them, slam them into the ground with your foot in their face, wail on them while they are on their backs and then repeat the process all over again. :getin:
Also you have a crazy-powerful default block skill that will make you night-invulnerable to most single attacks.

I agree with all of this. People say it's the hardest class to play, though. My only character is KFM so I have no frame of reference, but it's pretty rad by now, and has been for a while. I do have some difficulty with animation canceling, but it isn't too bad, and if I'm focusing, I can dodge pretty much everything that comes my way while dealing tons of damage. Between the huge number of iframes (is this typical of BnS?) and CC, I have little difficulty. I even managed to solo an at-level zone boss down to about 50%.

The level 18 unlocks, IIRC, are where KFM really starts picking up. Level 18 is extremely quick to reach, so play at least until then.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

KFM doesn't seem nearly as difficult as Blade Master. You can do fairly well in PvP by just countering people's bullshit and shin kicking your way to at least gold. then again there's a billion warlocks in silver/gold now and fighting one as a kung fu master is incredibly annoying because of the poor hit detection. perhaps i'm missing something but iron shoulder is like a 50% chance to hit on a moving target because you never know whether you're supposed to lead by half a second or by none at all

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
I play exactly the required amount of PvP for the quests and no more.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

radintorov posted:

Ok, so what would be another class besides KFM that's fairly easy to play and has fun, flashy fighting? Melee or not, doesn't matter.

LLeGGo
Nov 6, 2005

No relation. Your mouth foams. We dance.
Assassin is fun and flashy. I have a blast anyways. I wouldn't really consider it a stealth class, more so that you have the ability to go stealth sometimes right before or in the middle of being all up in the enemies poo poo.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Weird because I think this game is probably one of the few where the stealth class can actually be considered a stealth class just because of the uptime of stealth they can have. I honestly cant think of any other MMO where your could stay in stealth permanently while attacking. Things change once you get your other hongmoon secret abilities, but while leveling you are going to spend 95% of the time stealthed when fighting mobs.

LLeGGo
Nov 6, 2005

No relation. Your mouth foams. We dance.
More accurately then, for me, I never felt the need to be in stealth all that often. He stated he didn't like stealth classes, I'm more just saying that you don't have to play like that as assassin because I leveled up with no issue, really only going into stealth from decoy mid-fight.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

bear is driving! posted:

Ok, so what would be another class besides KFM that's fairly easy to play and has fun, flashy fighting? Melee or not, doesn't matter.

For easiest class, you could play a summoner. Its flashy somewhat with sunflower laser beams and vines and stuff. Its not melee or have "cool combat" and you might be hated by everyone on the server because you picked that class but you get an adorable cat buddy with you forever. Destroyers are pretty easy to play and they can grab enemies, punch them in the face then launch them into the and and slam them into the ground if that's your thing.

Honestly, KFMs get much better once you put some more levels into it. Its fairly simple to play once you start to learn to abuse the Q/E avoidance skills. Its powerful and extremely lenient.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Finally caved in and downloaded this to play with my friends.

Please tell me Destroyer gets more stuff to do when you hold someone. I want to be like Zangief. WIth a big fuckoff axe. :black101:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

Finally caved in and downloaded this to play with my friends.

Please tell me Destroyer gets more stuff to do when you hold someone. I want to be like Zangief. WIth a big fuckoff axe. :black101:

They do get a spinning piledriver.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

So I hit 45 and am wondering at what point can I be running E. Supply chain 6-man and the 24 mans? Also how difficult are these things? Currently I'm working on making gold to get my weapon to profane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Lyer posted:

So I hit 45 and am wondering at what point can I be running E. Supply chain 6-man and the 24 mans? Also how difficult are these things? Currently I'm working on making gold to get my weapon to profane.

Blackram Supply Chain 24-man (East Fleet Supply Chain) is really easy, just pug it and follow people around. I don't think you need anything special to run it. When you've done it a few times so you know how the bosses work, you can run 6-man. Bloodshade Harbor 24-man (Nightshade Harbor) is marginally harder but not really all that complex either.

6-man Bloodshade is a bit more difficult and you should read up on the boss mechanics before you get in there. You also need either the belt from Blackram Supply Chain or a few pieces of the purple Bloodshade soul shield to resist the Thrasher's howling attack that he does in the 6-man version. I didn't read up on how the bosses work and kept dying to the Venomous Thrasher because I'm dumb, so if you don't want to be that guy, here's how it works: after beating on him for a while, he'll jump up into the roof and sit there spitting poison at you for a while. When he does that, a bunch of spearguns spawn on the floor together with some eggs, and you get a green slimey debuff that ticks for 1 damage. Run under a vent with a waterfall to get rid of that debuff or you will instadie to the roar attack later, resist or no resist (he doesn't roar in the 24-man, but get used to clearing the debuff anyway). Then use the speargun's 1 attack (not LMB) to break the eggs. Breaking an egg creates a smoke cloud that you should stand in to avoid the "devastating attack" he does after a bit. Unbroken eggs spawn adds after a while. When you've broken eggs and gotten rid of the debuff, just stand in a suitable cloud and shoot the Thrasher with the speargun's LMB until he falls down again.

• Locked thread