Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
If you've got a Logitech keyboard or mouse, The Division hijacks your profile and makes your lights do stupid things. They're definitely changing color in response to things happening in game, but gently caress if I know what they're supposed to be telling me. It also seems to like changing my keyboard color to purple for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

smellmycheese posted:

The first 3 key missions are all very cool. A bunch of high powered snipers blockading the Lincoln tunnel, an assault on Madison Square Gardens, and a plunge into the subways to restore power to the grid while fighting off a bunch of nutters with flamethrowers and axes. It's a tad more varied than ploughing through another wave of Dregs while Spazzbot scans another computer. Pickup play also seems pretty seamless. I've been playing with one friend all morning and we've picked up two randoms for the 4 man team no problem, without any of Destiny's insane matchmaking bullshit. It's also visually stunning - the subway level particuarly is incredible.

Sounds good. And yeah, I've been on the fence for a while, but whenever I see it being played it's the visuals that get me.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

the panacea posted:

Emergent gameplay

Queue Simulator 2016

Not even Star Citizen had this level of fidelity. Yet....

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

mcbexx posted:

I don't think I'll ever get tired of shooting the gas tanks on cleaners backs.

Perhaps as you progress those guys come to their senses and realise their battle outfit has a fairly major loving design fault.

MikeyKins
May 9, 2004

Dan, there's a reason why we get emails calling you Le Bafart, Le Baturd, Le Bajerk...
On PS4, I had the same issue as many last night where it crashed as soon as I was leaving Brooklyn. When I logged in this morning, I was back in Brooklyn, and I have no idea how to progress to Manhattan.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

MikeyKins posted:

On PS4, I had the same issue as many last night where it crashed as soon as I was leaving Brooklyn. When I logged in this morning, I was back in Brooklyn, and I have no idea how to progress to Manhattan.

my friend had this. just replay the final Brooklyn mission

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Bedurndurn posted:

If you've got a Logitech keyboard or mouse, The Division hijacks your profile and makes your lights do stupid things. They're definitely changing color in response to things happening in game, but gently caress if I know what they're supposed to be telling me. It also seems to like changing my keyboard color to purple for some reason.

The whole keyboard flashes orange when you're on fire! Also, if you're out of grenades or medkits it turns off the appropriate backlight. And it cuts out the lights entirely when you're in a cutscene, that's all I've noticed so far.

You can turn it off in third-party settings but I think it's kind of cool.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
console was broken, so emergent gameplay!

Stand In Line Simulator 2016

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Dr Cheeto posted:

The whole keyboard flashes orange when you're on fire! Also, if you're out of grenades or medkits it turns off the appropriate backlight. And it cuts out the lights entirely when you're in a cutscene, that's all I've noticed so far.

You can turn it off in third-party settings but I think it's kind of cool.

I tried to turn it off but it still kept auto disabling the light.

metavisual
Sep 6, 2007

What's the general goonsensus on PS4 vs PC for this?

I'm leaning towards PS4 since I have 15 dollars just hanging out in my account.

Just wanted to make sure the PS4 version doesn't suck.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Shrinkage posted:

I meant i dont get the appeal of the game.

Jesus, guy.

Research your games before you buy them. :hurr:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

metavisual posted:

The PS4 version is awesome. I vouch for it.
The PC version only get some graphic effects, and 60FPS gameplay.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The Division: Tom Clancy's Diablo 3

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

metavisual posted:

What's the general goonsensus on PS4 vs PC for this?

I'm leaning towards PS4 since I have 15 dollars just hanging out in my account.

I'd say it depends on your gaming rig.

It looks stunning on ultra and supports 4k/DSR out of the box.

imatree
Nov 18, 2005
ok...

Grimey Drawer
Anyone have any luck retrieving the agent origins gear off the claims vendor. I'm on PC and there's nothing to claim, even after I bought a bunch of stuff with my upoints..

Edit: Also, I remember in the beta selling everything since crafting wasn't in, is this still the best option or should I break everything down for crafting?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Bedurndurn posted:

My Logitech Gaming Software crashes everytime I start the game.
I can just launch LGS fine afterwards, though.

On an unrelated note: They added animations for dogs pooping in the streets.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Mar 8, 2016

metavisual
Sep 6, 2007

the panacea posted:

Not 4K yet. (23" 1080p) 16GB ram, GTX970, 4690K.

I didn't realize the PC was 60FPS and console wasn't. I will have to think about it.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

mcbexx posted:

My Logitech Gaming Software crashes everytime I start the game.
I can just launch LGS fine afterwards, though.

Make sure it's updated. I think they recently released a big patch and several new firmware versions.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

Bedurndurn posted:

Believe you can turn this specific poo poo off in the settings menu. I remember seeing logitech kb specific stuff there.

Edit: Game is pretty good so far though, something is better about it than the beta, but I can't figure out what. Polish isn't it because going from beta to live it should be more polished. Not only did the game unlock for me like 6 hours before it should have (east coast) but the only issue I had was the first load to black screen. Turns out this is a resolution issue caused either by the game itself not correcting itself to your default resolution, or you have dual monitors and it's messing with it.

Going pretty slow mission did about 5 side missions and medical wing unlock so far and I am almost level 6. Just started the security wing opener mission this morning. Got a pretty sick lmg drop that roasts bosses. I can strip all of their armor and some health during 1 reload cycle. Then I just cover until they need to reload again, unload another clip into them and win. Having multiple guys running at you can be a little nuts sometimes though.

If there are any goons that decided they weren't going to blitz this poo poo and level as quick as possible and are still early in the initial story stuff let me know later. I'll be down to group up around 6PM est. Plan to finish the security and tech missions to unlock/upgrade the initial stuff. From there I am just going to bounce around missions and side alleys looking for things and murdering hobos.

Also, game is maxed on ultra settings anti aliasing and poo poo and runs pretty solid at 60fps v-synced. Which is better than the beta as I had to turn anti-aliasing off to get 60 solid.

thebushcommander fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Mar 8, 2016

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Do you get any gear or anything when you talk to the Sgt. dude in Brooklyn (right before you unlock the precinct mission)? I crashed as I started talking to him...

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

This Marion Hamplestein person is the best. :3:

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

Hopper posted:

You can. Just go to where the "mission board" for the mission is and click on matchmaking in the mission board. People should auto port to the mission start area and pop up next to you. (That's what happened in the beta.)

I got put into matches where people were near the end of the mission.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

Lumpy posted:

Do you get any gear or anything when you talk to the Sgt. dude in Brooklyn (right before you unlock the precinct mission)? I crashed as I started talking to him...

Don't remember getting anything from him. Precinct mission was OK, not very involved, but I got a neat backpack I used for 10 minutes while getting my base up and collecting pre-order and origins rewards. Speaking of, I got every gear set except for that orange one. Also I was hoping they were cosmetic only and not actual gear items because as starter gear they won't last long which kinda sucks.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

smellmycheese posted:

The first 3 key missions are all very cool. A bunch of high powered snipers blockading the Lincoln tunnel, an assault on Madison Square Gardens, and a plunge into the subways to restore power to the grid while fighting off a bunch of nutters with flamethrowers and axes. It's a tad more varied than ploughing through another wave of Dregs while Spazzbot scans another computer. Pickup play also seems pretty seamless. I've been playing with one friend all morning and we've picked up two randoms for the 4 man team no problem, without any of Destiny's insane matchmaking bullshit. It's also visually stunning - the subway level particuarly is incredible. Mechanics wise - the verticality really stands out - on two of those start missions you can find your team fighting on three levels - using ladders etc to outflank the dudes.

Story missions (Of which it appears there are 26 in total?) are different than the typical Destiny garbage so that is good. However, side missions, enemy variety (At least according to initial impressions on Gamespot) and AI are meh at best. Can you level through the game doing main story missions only? How many side missions would one have to grind out?

quote:

The first few hours recycle the same garden variety looters over and over, most of whom employ the same tired tactics every time. In certain instances, I actually noticed enemies run past me as if on a preset paths. Mission variety also seems to be a potential issue, as the first three side missions in Brooklyn all reuse simplistic objectives seen in the betas: go to a location, tag an object, defend the object from incoming enemies.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Rose tinted glasses are the preorder reward. They only work for the honey-month period after with they turn brown.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Do we know yet if there's some stupid poo poo that makes it hard for people of widely different people to group together? That's my #1 complaint with most online games. Destiny did it ok but a lot of the time it's bullshit.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
An entire month of playing would translate to 30+ hours I guess, at which point 70€ have provided plenty of entertainment.

Furthermore, this game has a semi-PvP MP part for a reason... reaping pubbie tears with goons will easily double playtime.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I was able to play the PvE for a couple hours last night at launch on PC and I absolutely love this game.

I typically have zero interest in games where looting is a prime feature, but it was the overall motif and visual scenario that really brought me on board when I played the betas.

So far I only me it into Manhattan, but I'm really looking forward to getting home tonight and continuing on.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Goddamn this might be the best looking game I've ever played and it's kind of a shame that so much of the detail is just window dressing. I want to play a Fallout style game where I have to dig through all this rubble.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
I'm confused about how I'm supposed to redeem my military barbie outfits, I bought the gold edition which claims to come with X number of outfits, and a goon kindly gave me a paramedic/police/fireman/doghunter outfit code but I can't seem to find out how to actually get them.

I got to the HQ and the item redemption guy doesn't have them, so where the hell are they?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I think there may be a problem with a bug atm. It worked fine last night and now people keep saying they can't find it.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Linx posted:

I'm confused about how I'm supposed to redeem my military barbie outfits, I bought the gold edition which claims to come with X number of outfits, and a goon kindly gave me a paramedic/police/fireman/doghunter outfit code but I can't seem to find out how to actually get them.

I got to the HQ and the item redemption guy doesn't have them, so where the hell are they?
Did you enter the codes into your uPlay account? If you did they'll be at the rewards vendor, otherwise maybe ask for customer support.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Utnayan posted:

Story missions (Of which it appears there are 26 in total?) are different than the typical Destiny garbage so that is good. However, side missions, enemy variety (At least according to initial impressions on Gamespot) and AI are meh at best. Can you level through the game doing main story missions only? How many side missions would one have to grind out?

That guy is literally doing a review based on the training levels in Brooklyn, before the proper opening cutscene.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Linx posted:

Try to add the code again to uplay. I tried again just to make sure and it said I already had it applied.

The world is pretty plain. Man there is alot of running.

Utnayan posted:

Yea defending a point for 2 minutes at a time is completely different than the destiny missions.

the panacea posted:

Ultra wide screen with out any tricks too.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Mar 8, 2016

the panacea
May 10, 2008

Linx posted:

It's bugged right now and they are working on a server side fix.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Pierson posted:

Did you enter the codes into your uPlay account? If you did they'll be at the rewards vendor, otherwise maybe ask for customer support.

I definitely did, including the season pass one but the rewards vendor just says "nothing to redeem". I guess it's just a bug like Hopper suggests, hopefully it works out soon because military dress up was a core reason for buying the game.

That might be a slight exaggeration but you get the picture.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Agh can't wait to get off work and play some more. Had a blast last night, got to level 6 and ran around the DZ just a little bit before I logged off. Got all green and blue gear now so I'm not quite as much of a scrub.

Looks like you need rank 10 for blue DZ loot, and rank 30 for purple DZ loot, at the vendors. At least at my level.

Shrinkage posted:

Yeah im not too upset about it or anything, i normally dont read previews of games before buying them and buy most of the new games out there blindly because i like being surprised with gameplay features or storylines that i havent read before.

Im just wondering if the storyline gets better as you play further into the game because thats one of the main reason i play games for. If it doesnt, its fine, i know the risks of buying games blindly and have no porblems with spending $40 for a few hours of entertainment.

lol if you blindly bought the division expecting a story. This is not a story game dude. The story sucks, but the shooting is great, the graphics are great, the multiplayer is great and the loot is great.

Linx posted:

I definitely did, including the season pass one but the rewards vendor just says "nothing to redeem". I guess it's just a bug like Hopper suggests, hopefully it works out soon because military dress up was a core reason for buying the game.

That might be a slight exaggeration but you get the picture.

Its broken for everybody right now. If you turn on the text chat in Division you'll see endless people bitching about "how do I get my outfits" over and over and over and over. (that and random Cyrillic characters)

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Mar 8, 2016

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

Has anyone gotten the uplay points weapon skin from the rewards vendor? I got the outfits, guns, and supplies just fine but the skin hasn't shown up. I bought it last night right after the game came up, then 45mins later the servers went down and my character was "stuck" and had to be reverted so I lost about 30mins of progress. Not sure if the skin isn't showing up because of that, or if it just isn't showing up for everyone.

It might be a level requirement thing too. The firefighter/paramedic/hunter stuff didn't show up until right after I hit level 5, but that may have been coincidence.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Zaphod42 posted:

lol if you blindly bought the division expecting a story. This is not a story game dude. The story sucks, but the shooting is great, the graphics are great, the multiplayer is great and the loot is great.

I mean, at least it HAS a story, which puts it above Destiny. That said I am REALLY not enjoying Faye Lau, her character dialogue was even cringier the second time around. So terribly awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Pivit posted:

Has anyone gotten the uplay points weapon skin from the rewards vendor? I got the outfits, guns, and supplies just fine but the skin hasn't shown up. I bought it last night right after the game came up, then 45mins later the servers went down and my character was "stuck" and had to be reverted so I lost about 30mins of progress. Not sure if the skin isn't showing up because of that, or if it just isn't showing up for everyone.

It might be a level requirement thing too. The firefighter/paramedic/hunter stuff didn't show up until right after I hit level 5, but that may have been coincidence.

None of them are working for anybody. You only got the other ones because you were lucky before the servers went down. We're all waiting on them to fix it now.

Linx posted:

I mean, at least it HAS a story, which at least puts it above Destiny. That said I am REALLY not enjoying Faye Lau, her character dialogue was even cringier the second time around. So terribly awful.

Haha, yeah its better than "that wizard came from the moon"

But its "we're THE DIVISION hoo rah :911:" which isn't a ton better? lol.

Yeah I really hate Faye, she's a terrible character design, but she seems to not have a ton to do with things after you make it to the main base. She's there but less important. Her dialogue during the opening cutscenes was all really awkward.

• Locked thread