Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

So we get a call from an earwolf guy "hey guys... the advertiser is really furious... please don't talk about pedophilia in the ad"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

The Ape of Naples posted:

Weren't he and Scott on HH before?

Nah it was Jeff Ulrich (and that was a very funny negotiation episode), and that was before the Scripps acquisition. Jeff had an account here and posted here for a while and was very open about stuff and I am pretty sure Adam made an announcement in this thread that he was going to keep up the open dialogue after taking over the account and then never posted again.

cams posted:

someone post the clip from the episode of the best show where hayes is on and he briefly recounts the story about how they got in trouble for implying that one of their advertisers fucks their kids

edit: this was one of my favorite ads ever and I weirdly remember where I was when I heard it. Someone please link the episode with the Quicken Loans ad.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Mar 2, 2016

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

The Ape of Naples posted:

Weren't he and Scott on HH before?
Jeff Ulrich

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Nothing can beat Tedd Talks.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
If you remember he asked the famous question, "why are you being so serious?"

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

soggybagel posted:

If you remember he asked the famous question, "why are you being so serious?"
that came out wrong

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"Spontanenation! We've had the guy on THIS show three...FOUR times!"
"Well, maybe he only wants experienced improvisers doing his show."

GobiasIndustries posted:

edit: this was one of my favorite ads ever and I weirdly remember where I was when I heard it. Someone please link the episode with the Quicken Loans ad.

Neil Campbell, Our Close Employee

The Casper Mattress ad is also so good. "Go King. Go King, 'cause you're gonna want to try stuff you never have before. You'll need the room."

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Mar 2, 2016

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I love him, but Hayes wouldn't be a very good Janet Varney.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Poopy Palpy posted:

I love him, but Hayes wouldn't be a very good Janet Varney.
he should at least be given the chance!

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
awesome, I was just wondering if PFT would ever be back on I4H a few days ago

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.
http://mattgourley.tumblr.com/post/140342282227/every-live-bonus-past-season-episode-of

In case you missed it. Every Superego is free on Howl now. I've never been a fan of the show but I understand some people like it.

Also, I liked that after the HH ep there was a never not funny ad.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Friday's With Special Guest, with Paul Scheer, is a good one. Kind of a parody of Obama on WTF.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The latest OMFG has Casey Wilson explaining the plot of Hackers to June Diane, and either this was recorded ages ago or JDR has simply forgotten she's seen this movie. I kinda hope it's the second as that's more fun.

Quite a weird show as Casey asks the nerd guy about whether deleting nude pics means they're really gone and stuff around that subject, and the whole thing kinda sounds like she doesn't know she's on the 'fappening' list. Either that or not wanting to bring attention and have every listener rush to Google.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'm quite upset they couldn't find a nerd who wasn't at least conversational in Bitcoin, or at least had a voice I'd like to listen to.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There's an announcement on the earwolf forums that they're 'sunsetting the wolfpop brand'

quote:

Hi folks,

This morning, the list of shows on Earwolf.com got a little bit--ok, a lot--longer. That’s because we’re bringing 11 more programs to the network — 10 Wolfpop shows, plus Hello From the Magic Tavern, are joining Earwolf today. Today, we also sunset the Wolfpop brand.

Great comedy programming has been the foundation of Earwolf’s success, and we’ll continue to invest in comedy even as we grow to include entertaining projects in other genres. This change is a way for us to make Earwolf a bigger, better and more inclusive network.

Here’s some more detail about what we’re doing:

-We’re really proud of the shows we launched under the Wolfpop banner in 2014, and we want them to continue to grow and find new listeners. That means bringing them under the same successful umbrella as some of your favorite shows including Comedy Bang! Bang!, How Did This Get Made?, With Special Guest Lauren Lapkus and The Longest Shortest Time.

-The Black List Table Reads, The Canon, Crybabies, Denzel Washington is the Greatest Actor of All Time Period, Get Up On This, Happy Sad Confused, I Was There Too, Maltin on Movies, OMFG! and Reading Aloud have all joined Earwolf.

-Rotten Tomatoes, Picking Favorites, and Off Camera have other great plans in store and we wish them all the best.

-Since the Wolfpop shows now have a new home on Earwolf.com, the forums have a new home too! As always, you can comment on existing episode threads, or start new discussions of your own. You may notice that comments from Wolfpop.com didn't make it over here. We will try our best to get them in, but if not, we’ll certainly let you know. If you are a Wolfpop commenter who has never used the Earwolf forums and need some help, please contact Shannon or Dan Engler and they will help you get started!

There are more great shows on the horizon for Earwolf: next up, the March 15 premiere of Chris Gethard’s Beautiful Stories from Anonymous People. So stay tuned for more, and thank you for your continued support of all things Earwolf! It means the world to the performers and staff.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
The whole wolfpop thing never made sense anyway.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I understood the idea behind it but in execution it didn't work, it was just another place to have to remember to go to.

edit: excited for the HH episode mentions of this.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Weird to see The Longest Shortest Time up there with the tentpole Earwolf shows, WSGLL too tbh.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Drunkboxer posted:

The whole wolfpop thing never made sense anyway.

I think it was created to tell advertisers they could get a discount on getting things from TWO distinct networks. The advertisers got wise that the networks were identical in brand, content and hosts, so the jig is up.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
Maybe they thought people wouldn't want to listen to "not-funny" shows that were on the same website as "funny" shows and vice-versa?

Or maybe it was a demographic thing, Earwolf podcasts probably have an overwhelmingly male audience and they were probably hoping "entertainment" would get them more women so they could go to advertisers and say "our network has a 50% women audience". Who knows.

I always thought it was weird that How Did This Get Made stayed with Earwolf since it's about "entertainment" and Paul Scheer was supposed to be the Wolfpop "curator"- but I guess it's always been successful on Earwolf so why mess with what works.

I think the only Wolfpop show I listened to was I was There Too.

anotherone fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Mar 7, 2016

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Besser not knowing that he could improvise with them during the 50th Spontaneanation is hilarious.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
God drat, i love I Was There Too but christ the most recent guest put me to sleep

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

feedmyleg posted:

Besser not knowing that he could improvise with them during the 50th Spontaneanation is hilarious.

Yeah I can see why Besser would have assumed as such since most (all?) of the interviewees don't participate and neither do ASSSCAT monologists, but Paul's disappointment when he talked about how great it would have been to have Besser as a performer on his 50th show was sadly and hilariously perfect. edit: especially given that I think the scene was based on Besser's father.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

anotherone posted:

Maybe they thought people wouldn't want to listen to "not-funny" shows that were on the same website as "funny" shows and vice-versa?

Or maybe it was a demographic thing, Earwolf podcasts probably have an overwhelmingly male audience and they were probably hoping "entertainment" would get them more women so they could go to advertisers and say "our network has a 50% women audience". Who knows.

I always thought it was weird that How Did This Get Made stayed with Earwolf since it's about "entertainment" and Paul Scheer was supposed to be the Wolfpop "curator"- but I guess it's always been successful on Earwolf so why mess with what works.

I think the only Wolfpop show I listened to was I was There Too.

I think HDTGM sort of straddled both networks, I remember it being on Wolfpop's show-list at launch.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I thought something was up when Bitch Sesh, the show about Real Housewives and other bad reality TV, didn't debut on WolfPop. If that show wasn't on that "label," then nothing was ever gonna be on it again.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I've been listening to Hello From the Magic Tavern since the first week because the guy who plays the wizard is the Captain on a podcast that improvises Star Trek episodes that I listen to. Anyine else listen? I enjoy it.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

anotherone posted:

I wouldn't be so sure. I feel like there's a pretty strong female audience.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

new hollywood handboo a+++

cams
Mar 28, 2003

sean is a genius

hambeef
Aug 21, 2004

i recently caved and got a Howl premium membership, is something wrong or have they seriously not edited the ads out yet?

edit: if i misunderstood I guess thas cool. happy to throw em some bucks anyway, all is good!

hambeef fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Mar 8, 2016

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

hambeef posted:

i recently caved and got a Howl premium membership, is something wrong or have they seriously not edited the ads out yet?

It's kind of misleading. There was originally supposed to be this paywall where episodes older than six months would only be available on Howl. It was these old archived episodes behind the paywall that were supposed to be ad free, not the new ones

With the way they presented it I thought Howl basically = no ads but no (and since they never actually put up the paywall, I dunno if they ever bothered to edit out ads from old episodes either)

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

cams posted:

new hollywood handboo a+++

I don't know how they keep up this streak of great eps they've been on. "these eggs taste hosed up"

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Help Im Alive posted:

It's kind of misleading. There was originally supposed to be this paywall where episodes older than six months would only be available on Howl. It was these old archived episodes behind the paywall that were supposed to be ad free, not the new ones

With the way they presented it I thought Howl basically = no ads but no (and since they never actually put up the paywall, I dunno if they ever bothered to edit out ads from old episodes either)

So what the gently caress is the point of Howl at this point?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
To make sure the Widow Howl-app can live in comfort after Hot Saucerman dies.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

SpacePig posted:

So what the gently caress is the point of Howl at this point?

There are some Howl-exclusive shows.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

thexerox123 posted:

There are some Howl-exclusive shows.

I there anything on there worth listening to besides the Superego one? Even that doesn't seem to have updated since December.

e: And it's probably even more in question moving forward with Superego itself ending and all.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Don't forget all the wtf you can handle

He likes cats! Even tho he's a guy!!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Superego as an independent show is ending, the goodbye message stated they're going to continue making exlcusive crap for Howl. There's a forthcoming series with Hanford's John Lenon, and I enjoyed an episode of Eugene Cordero hosts basically The Newleywed Game with Scheer and Rapheal. There's also a large backlog of albums from CBB regulars, the recorded live shows from the tours, and all the old WTF eps.
Most people who sub on here say it's not worth it for itself, but it's a fair price to ask just to show gratitude for all the free shows.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

SpacePig posted:

I there anything on there worth listening to besides the Superego one? Even that doesn't seem to have updated since December.

I really like the Jerry Minor Jehova's Witness show. Besser vs Audience has its moments. It's nice having access to old WTFs. And I listen to Earwolf podcasts pretty much every day, so feels fair to give um $5. But ya, all the old eps still have ads, it's really half assed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Mr. Squishy posted:

There's a forthcoming series with Hanford's John Lenon

"Druuuuumms".