Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

SneakyFrog posted:

Its.. Just so neutrally painted for such a glaringly obvious thing. :psyduck:

It's to blend in with the desert environment when it's not out on sorties, duh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Or to blend into the house so the near-sighted biddies that act as HOA enforcers can't see it.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Code Jockey posted:

I loving love it, with sharply angled fender flares and the right paint that car could be a Gundam and I would drive that Gundam car every day of my life

Toyota already has you covered. I saw this thing for sale in Odaiba:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Looks like silly putty, I want to walk up and transfer newspaper comics to the hood.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Bosuku meets The Adobe

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Toyota already has you covered. I saw this thing for sale in Odaiba:

:allears:
This makes me a want a Sazabi BRZ.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Geirskogul posted:

Imgur has really been pushing their "social media" game recently, which is a crock of poo poo, as it was originally a simple image host designed for use with reddit. Biting off more than they can chew, I think.

How is it poo poo? You had to be slightly inconvenienced by changing how you share content hosted by them that you didn't pay for outside of their network. Image sharing has been poo poo, sporadic and a generally crappy experience for a long time since internet forums started taking off in the early 2000's. If being social and changing a few things here and there about how they hot link are the consequences for me having a free, fast, watermark free, easy to use host so they stay afloat then bring it on.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Agreed. RIP waffleimages

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Spend $10 a month to get your own vps, put images on it and be a hero in the forums.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

xzzy posted:

Spend $10 a month to get your own vps, put images on it and be a hero in the forums.

You vastly underestimate how far that will get you. Image hosting is hard to get right, largely in that bandwidth is expensive and disk I/O is easy to get wrong. I actually recently deleted my waffleimages mirror data.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I do it for my own stuff just fine. I'm not talking about a waffleimages solution, just a personal image store. Works fine as long as your image doesn't get front paged on Reddit.

Digital Ocean currently doesn't meter bandwidth. :v:

(but warn it could come someday)

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
Just put poo poo on tumblr or something. The 1000 views it gets from this forum or w/e aren't exactly going to be ringing buzzers at their HQ

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Maker Of Shoes posted:

How is it poo poo? You had to be slightly inconvenienced by changing how you share content hosted by them that you didn't pay for outside of their network. Image sharing has been poo poo, sporadic and a generally crappy experience for a long time since internet forums started taking off in the early 2000's. If being social and changing a few things here and there about how they hot link are the consequences for me having a free, fast, watermark free, easy to use host so they stay afloat then bring it on.

First you stabilize, then you expand. Not the other way around.

And stop redirecting direct image links to a landing page with vote buttons and poo poo. That's got to take up more bandwidth than the image itself.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Geirskogul posted:

First you stabilize, then you expand. Not the other way around.
This has never worked in Silicon Valley. Ever.

Geirskogul posted:

And stop redirecting direct image links to a landing page with vote buttons and poo poo. That's got to take up more bandwidth than the image itself.
Imgur's primary revenue is from ad placement. Unless you want ad driven water marks you need a landing page to display ads.

Do you know some reddit super star with deep deep pockets that can keep Imgur afloat? There's no way an image hosting site survives on just image storage with mythical free storage and bandwidth costs.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The landing page redirect for a direct image link doesn't even have any ads!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Geirskogul posted:

The landing page redirect for a direct image link doesn't even have any ads!

The vast majority of people using imgur aren't sharing dot whatever links. Look, you can bitch about it all you want but that's the cost of doing business. It's not dumb, it's not misguided, it's a thing they have to do to stay alive.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Previa_fun posted:

I mean it's true even though everything Grohl does Moon did first and better. :colbert:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Pham Nuwen posted:

I was trying to be subtle so I didn't get a great picture. Don't miss the matching-color exhaust pipes at the rear.

Wasn't that car in the Craigslist thread quite a while ago? Looks like it at least got a half-decent paint job since then.

88h88 posted:

I quite like Japanese VIP cars if only for the fact they're immaculate inside and out, they just have daft as gently caress camber. Revert that back to normal and you're good to go should you feel the need.

I imagine they're terrifying to drive though.

Exactly.

Image hosting: I was using my own gallery hosted on my domain, but my provided upgraded PHP and MySQL and broke Gallery. The pictures and database are there, it just doesn't serve the pages for some reason. I'll fix it some day when I'm not pissed off by working on other people's computers all day.
If I need to post something, I'll just use imgur, or just dump stuff into a folder on my site. The auto-generation of smaller sizes through Gallery was nice, but imgur does that, too.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

leica posted:

Previa_fun posted:

I mean it's true even though everything Grohl does Moon did first and better. :colbert:

When's Grohl gonna OD?

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

wallaka posted:

When's Grohl gonna OD?

No one can OD like Moon, Dave knows that's the one thing he'll never be better at.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
So the latest episode of Hot Rod Garage is about putting a cheap turbo on a cheap Camaro, that's good, but Jesus tittyfucking Christ, Tony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIqF9LKbxk8&t=579s

Tacking the exhaust together by holding the pieces together with one (bare) hand, holding the MIG gun in the other, and closing his eyes. :eek:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Aww, the monster truck is asserting dominance, how adorable :3:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Delivery McGee posted:

So the latest episode of Hot Rod Garage is about putting a cheap turbo on a cheap Camaro, that's good, but Jesus tittyfucking Christ, Tony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIqF9LKbxk8&t=579s

Tacking the exhaust together by holding the pieces together with one (bare) hand, holding the MIG gun in the other, and closing his eyes. :eek:

To be fair, most good mig welders, weld by feel.

Use the force, Luke.

Edit: holy gently caress 530HP though.

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Mar 11, 2016

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Best fake Audi ever.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

So much wood...Is that a Morgan?

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
It's a beamer

Jo3sh
Oct 19, 2002

Like all girls I love unicorns!
loving poser. You can tell it's a 2x4, but he put the 4x4 bumper on to make it look tough.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

look at all those terrible posts

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

wayfinder posted:

It's a beamer

:negative:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

So much wood...Is that a Morgan?

I'd say some kinda 4x4 but it looks mostly 2x4 :v:

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

:cripes:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Is it power steering fluid? Idgi

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I was curious enough to see the responses so I searched the group for it and it looks like it's been deleted. That's a shame.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Terrible car stuff - was finally going to my first cars n coffee, got there and it was cancelled due to weather. It's only overcast!

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Cage posted:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Night Danger Moose posted:

Terrible car stuff - was finally going to my first cars n coffee, got there and it was cancelled due to weather. It's only overcast!

You don't want to let your car get wet do you?

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Cage posted:

It's written on the cap, I think.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

Night Danger Moose posted:

Out of curiosity, where was this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Solar Coaster posted:

Out of curiosity, where was this?

Sandy Pony Donuts in Parole MD. Looks like there were a couple dozen cars there last weekend, but I got there at about 10am and there was no one there.