Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Xenoverse 2 should have Freeza vs Frost as a battle.

they'd just share ideas get drunk and maybe kiss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Rutibex posted:

Why is it every DBZ game gives me a bunch of stats, but they never include "Power Level". I mean come on!

That SNES RPG Legend of the Super Saiyan had "Power Levels" (Or "Battle Powers" rather since it uses the lamer Japanese phrase) as stats, and actually turned it into a pretty cool game mechanic.

Your PL would increase as your regular level increased, but someone like, say, Nail would still be vastly weaker than Frieza even at equivalent levels. So in the Nail vs. Frieza battle, it becomes less about kicking his butt and instead about holding this vastly stronger guy off for as many turns as you possibly can. Hold him off for a long time by playing smart, and you get some bonuses. Fight like an idiot, and your main party as a bit of a tougher time when they catch up to Frieza IIRC.

Legend of the Super Saiyan has a lot of really cool ideas like that. I really wish the same concept would be revisited on the 3DS or something.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Mar 7, 2016

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Ammat The Ankh posted:

All that talk about Frost but no one mentioned how Champa the Goon kept needling Beerus that amounted to "U mad bro? U mad lol?"

It was really good.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Raxivace posted:

That SNES RPG Legend of the Super Saiyan had "Power Levels" as stats, and actually turned it into a pretty cool game mechanic.

Your PL would increase as your regular level increased, but someone like, say, Nail would still be vastly weaker than Frieza even at equivalent levels. So in the Nail vs. Frieza battle, it becomes less about kicking his butt and instead about holding this vastly stronger guy off for as many turns as you possibly can. Hold him off for a long time by playing smart, and you get some bonuses. Fight like an idiot, and your main party as a bit of a tougher time when they catch up to Frieza IIRC.

Legend of the Super Saiyan has a lot of really cool ideas like that. I really wish the same concept would be revisited on the 3DS or something.

It had a lot of cool tiny little things. Like you could keep a bunch of Namekians alive and in doing so they could all fuse with Piccolo later on if you wanted, including Dende.

You could keep everyone alive during the original Saiyan fight and they'd continue hanging out until Namek. You could even have Ginyu body-swap with one of them and then kill off the crap body. (Though the game was somewhat glitchy if that would stick or not.)

All the Saiyans would get a free level if healed from lot HP which you could abuse for easy grinding.

It was an absurd mess of a game and amazing for it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the only stats that matter in xenoverse are ki blasts and your ki bar so you can go super saiyan and spam super kamehameha over and over again

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Yeah Piccolo actually won that fight he's not a jobber

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Rutibex posted:

Why is it every DBZ game gives me a bunch of stats, but they never include "Power Level". I mean come on!

I mean in dbz your power level is treated as the sum total of your power output so in a a normal rpg it should be equivalent to character level.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

I really wish we could get a nice middle ground where the pacing for fights in DB aren't either 30 episode staredowns or 5 min long skirmishes.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Elfgames posted:

I mean in dbz your power level is treated as the sum total of your power output so in a a normal rpg it should be equivalent to character level.

Yeah, exactly. Lots of games give you a character level, just slap 5-6 zeros on the end of that number and call it "power" level, its not that hard!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Manatee Cannon posted:

the only stats that matter in xenoverse are ki blasts and your ki bar so you can go super saiyan and spam super kamehameha over and over again

Yeah... that's not true.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Tien's Z-Soul.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

http://i.imgur.com/Qsygszr.gifv

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Yeah... that's not true.

Pre the update that added Tien as a mentor and such it was. Then things changed.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Where is everyone getting all this info about the new DB Super at? Chapter 10 isn't even out and the past few pages have been nothing but about a bunch of stuff that hasn't even happened yet in the manga :confused:

Unless this is stuff has only been done in the show? I thought the manga always comes out first

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Super's anime has overtaken the manga now.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Darko posted:

Pre the update that added Tien as a mentor and such it was. Then things changed.

Not even then. When the game first came out it was utterly effortless to catch Super Saiyan spammers in infinite combos as a human. I did it all the time. A combination of Ginyu Force poses + easy infinite combos meant that the second I touched someone they were screwed.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

Not even then. When the game first came out it was utterly effortless to catch Super Saiyan spammers in infinite combos as a human. I did it all the time. A combination of Ginyu Force poses + easy infinite combos meant that the second I touched someone they were screwed.

I took it as referring to single player and not multi. Single player, beam spammers had a MUCH easier time beating the later "beat SSJ EVERYONE AT THE SAME TIME" challenges. I started with a melee character and then made a beam human, and the difference was ridiculous in single until that patch.

Multi is a different story, and i barely played it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Darko posted:

I took it as referring to single player and not multi. Single player, beam spammers had a MUCH easier time beating the later "beat SSJ EVERYONE AT THE SAME TIME" challenges. I started with a melee character and then made a beam human, and the difference was ridiculous in single until that patch.

Multi is a different story, and i barely played it.

Even in single player that was true though. It relies on the Ginyu Force poses to work but because the Ginyu Force poses stack and refresh themselves (or at least they did when I was playing, it's been a while) you could pretty reliably just tank everything while doing absurd damages and stunlocking enemies. I'm sure Super Saiyan Spammin' had an easier time against a couple of missions but by and large I was just reliably infinite-stunlocking everything pausing only to hilariously pose.

(Which is also the most fun playstyle so it works out.)

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Parrotine posted:

Where is everyone getting all this info about the new DB Super at? Chapter 10 isn't even out and the past few pages have been nothing but about a bunch of stuff that hasn't even happened yet in the manga :confused:

Unless this is stuff has only been done in the show? I thought the manga always comes out first

Normally, mangas woud come out first, but the Super's manga is just an advertismemt for the anime, in this case.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

the best bit of dragonball is when goku says the letter a in a progressively louder voice

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Why does Goku say "thank you" in English when he is clearly a Japanese alien?

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

zelah posted:

Why does Goku say "thank you" in English when he is clearly a Japanese alien?

Because loanwords are a thing.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He's actually a chinese japanese alien

It's probably to do with his lack of formality and social grace.
Saying thank you in English is probably an informal way of saying thanks over in Japan, and could probably come across as more insincere if so but that's the way Goku is. Like how he has no reverence of the gods he meets and treats them like regular people.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Mar 8, 2016

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
You're right, I forgot about him and Chi Chi being Chinese.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Goku also lives in the past and the future at the same time in a world where giant robots frolic among the dinosaurs

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Also the world is ruled by a benevolent Dog-King

Covok
May 27, 2013

You ever notice animal people got less and less common as the series progressed?

You don't think...

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

They're still around.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they should bring back the pterodactyl people

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Manatee Cannon posted:

they should bring back the pterodactyl people

Or even talking Kaiju like Giran.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Covok posted:

You ever notice animal people got less and less common as the series progressed?

You don't think...

Vegeta and Nappa ate some bug dudes once. Maybe they got a little hungry waiting for Goku to get back from Planet Kai.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Rudoku posted:

Or even talking Kaiju like Giran.

Giran is a pterodactyl person

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

don* gokuu has saved us from the furry menace, thanks gokuu

*that was a typo but i'm keeping it because the image of a saiyan mafia is too funny

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:
One of the strongest beings in the universe(s) is an animal person.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Even in single player that was true though. It relies on the Ginyu Force poses to work but because the Ginyu Force poses stack and refresh themselves (or at least they did when I was playing, it's been a while) you could pretty reliably just tank everything while doing absurd damages and stunlocking enemies. I'm sure Super Saiyan Spammin' had an easier time against a couple of missions but by and large I was just reliably infinite-stunlocking everything pausing only to hilariously pose.

(Which is also the most fun playstyle so it works out.)
I feel like I need to see this in action. :allears:

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Aurora posted:

Giran is a pterodactyl person

There actual Kaiju around. Ghidorah is a fan of Tournaments.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

StrifeHira posted:

There actual Kaiju around. Ghidorah is a fan of Tournaments.

I think that's some kind of demon. Demons are a thing in Dragonball.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
No, it's definitely Ghidorah.

Also Colonel Sanders showed up in the same Tournament.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

remember when roshi rode around on baby gamera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Enourmo posted:

*that was a typo but i'm keeping it because the image of a saiyan mafia is too funny

I mean, that's basically how Frost runs his Legitimate Business Empire. Maybe Cabba is an especially naive Saiyan.

• Locked thread