Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Can you scan the Diddy Amiibo to play Fire Emblem Fates: Diddy's Kongquest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

greatn posted:

Can you scan the Diddy Amiibo to play Fire Emblem Fates: Diddy's Kongquest?

No, the game only recognizes the Fire Emblem amiibo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Looper posted:

don't feel bad for voicing your mind

fire emblem games aren't the longest in their genre but i like that they don't overstay their welcome. contrast with tactics ogre (which i also love), that game is pretty much designed to take as long as possible from the map design to the ai behavior to the crafting to the skill system to redoing turns to manipulate enemy drops, it gets real old after a while. also contrast dragon quest 7, some people are excited for it and that's cool but it is one of those epic 100+ games and i think most of it feels like a tiresome slog

gently caress the crafting in Tactics Ogre, if even slightly possible, it should be cheated entirely. That game is an utter masterpiece to me but god-drat some of its decisions.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

ChaosArgate posted:

:thejoke:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

ChaosArgate posted:

:geno:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ChaosArgate posted:

TY

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Level Slide posted:

I get the Corrin is a goober, but this is seriously the third time Garon assigned a suicide mission.

Corrin keeps handwringing about fighting and then keeps revealing after the battles that everyone used non lethal attacks

One hell of a goober, there

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Is Ness a Fire Emblem amiibo

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Junpei Hyde posted:

Is Ness a Fire Emblem amiibo

He doesn't have a sword, so no.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

less laughter posted:

He doesn't have a sword, so no.

He has the legendary sword, he grinded for it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What about Link then.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Link's still one of us. Right, Link?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

To be honest a Zelda themed FE game would probably work very well

You could even do the three campaigns thing and have Link/Zelda/Ganondorf as the heroes of each one

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Mar 8, 2016

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

Link's still one of us. Right, Link?

Sorry to have to tell you this but Link is for Birthright and Meta Knight is Conquest

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I really like Fire Emblem but it's gonna take me ages to actually beat it.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I really like Fire Emblem but I couldn't beat a whole one.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
According to my 3ds, i have nearly 600 hours on awakening somehow

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Tae posted:

That's an awkward eugenics breeding simulation if I ever saw one.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Tae posted:

It probably doesn't help that you LP'd it a while back.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

ChaosArgate posted:

It probably doesn't help that you LP'd it a while back.

lol this seems like an important detail.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Looper posted:

don't feel bad for voicing your mind

fire emblem games aren't the longest in their genre but i like that they don't overstay their welcome. contrast with tactics ogre (which i also love), that game is pretty much designed to take as long as possible from the map design to the ai behavior to the crafting to the skill system to redoing turns to manipulate enemy drops, it gets real old after a while. also contrast dragon quest 7, some people are excited for it and that's cool but it is one of those epic 100+ games and i think most of it feels like a tiresome slog

Exactly when I hear 100+ hours of content, my mind just thinks "so it is grindy with a lot of repetitive quest". That is not always bad. I put a hundreds of hours monster hunter, because grinding in that game is actually playing the fun part of the game over and over. But for turn based RPGs I just don't have it in me anymore.

I don't see how Fire Emblem could have 100+ hours without randomly generated maps and something to grind for. And I don't think that would be very fun.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Fire Emblem games have a ton of replay value.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Terper posted:

Fire Emblem games have a ton of replay value.

Only if you're into breeding animes and Pokemon already has a better system for that.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Wildtortilla posted:

Only if you're into breeding animes and Pokemon already has a better system for that.

Supports (which you're not going to see all of in one run unless you're insane), challenge runs, and variance in how units turn out as they level up

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wildtortilla posted:

It has multiple difficulty levels and in the case of FE:F those difficulty levels actually significantly alter the game. Not only do they change enemy layout and positioning but they give enemies skills which alter how you have to approach combat.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
25-30 hours is plenty long for me. These days I start getting bored with most games around the 10-12 hour mark; they have to be really good to keep my interest past that point. I'm pretty sure the only games I've put over 100 hours into are various Grand Thefts Auto and truck sims.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Erg posted:

Supports (which you're not going to see all of in one run unless you're insane)

I totally fit this description, so I'm pretty glad Conquest makes you go forward.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, if there's one thing FE:Fates is not lacking in, it is content. Plus you can get the whole other game AND a third iteration as $20 DLC after you beat one version, if you go digital.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Yeah, if there's one thing FE:Fates is not lacking in, it is content. Plus you can get the whole other game AND a third iteration as $20 DLC after you beat one version, if you go digital.

You can do that even if you go physical.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

You should buy the other routes as digital DLC no matter what medium you buy the first route as anyway so you can use the extra map xenologue DLCs across the entire package. I'm not sure if the DLC you can buy in the Dragon's Gate can be used across multiple cartridges, but it's probably better to play it safe than sorry.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
If I finish Birthright, then buy Conquest and start it with the Branch of Fate option in the main menu, will all of my guys be at the levels they were when I reached that point in my Birthright playthrough?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The rear end Stooge posted:

If I finish Birthright, then buy Conquest and start it with the Branch of Fate option in the main menu, will all of my guys be at the levels they were when I reached that point in my Birthright playthrough?

Yes, unless you switch your Avatar's gender, in which case Jakob/Felicia will be swapped out for each other.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Yes. This also means that if you decide to change your gender for the new branch, your servant will have no levels because you'll get the opposite gendered one (so if you were Male in Birthright, you get Felicia and if you were Female, you get Jakob) who didn't get any levels.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

If I play and beat my physical copy of Conquest and then borrow my friend's copy of Birthright will my saves not transfer over? Is this a thing that is only exclusive to the other campaign being a piece of dlc?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Vince Videogames posted:

If I play and beat my physical copy of Conquest and then borrow my friend's copy of Birthright will my saves not transfer over? Is this a thing that is only exclusive to the other campaign being a piece of dlc?

You'll want to download the in-game DLC version of Birthright for $20, not use a separate physical copy.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Vince Videogames posted:

I don't think so, but the only thing that transfers between campaigns are the Ch. 1-5 levels for Corrin, Kaze, Rinkah (on Birthright and Revelation), Azura, and Jakob/Felicia.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Motto posted:

Yes, unless you switch your Avatar's gender, in which case Jakob/Felicia will be swapped out for each other.

Dope, thanks. I won't be changing my gender because my lady is cool as hell.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Leave the battle animations on and watch every one to add another 3-5 hours of gameplay. I must be bad at Fire Emblem, through all of Birthright I only had one kid and had no clue there were a ton of other paralogue missions for other kids.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Also worth noting that your difficulty and casual/classic setting carry over from branch of fate. So if you play one on Normal/Casual, for example, and want to play the next on Hard/Classic, you have to start over from the beginning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Dope, thanks. I won't be changing my gender because my lady is cool as hell.

You can even redesign your lady if you want to give her a different look for a new route!