Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

kith_groupie posted:

I remember reading in a book about the relationship of cooked food and human evolution (called Catching Fire: How Cooking Made Us Human if anyone is interested) and it mentioned somewhere that roughly half of women who go raw vegan fail to menstruate. I looked around for that study, but I found this first-

"Periods - They May Be 'Normal', But Are They Healthy?"

quote:

Disclaimer: not a doctor, not a scientist, just a raw fooder who blogs.

Oh cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

quote:

I'm not raw (and never will be) but I'm a vegan and I focus my diet around whole, unprocessed foods. I've noticed lighter periods (opposed to my omni days) but I'm also much more active (and consequently more lean/strong) and I can't see it was my 'diet' that made my flow any less... or maybe its my birthconrol that makes it less...
Gee, maybe! :downs:

quote:

anyway, my friend's dog isnt fixed and is a raw vegan and that does DOES bleed when its that time...
jfc

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Dogs can't "be" vegan, they are "tortured into".

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Personally, I like the fact that she goes on and on about tribal women without taking into account that maybe, just maybe, them having light/absent periods might have something to do with the fact that they're likely pregnant or nursing a lot of the time.

That article made my head hurt.

Gaybee
Jul 16, 2002

Hirayuki posted:

jfc

Poor dog

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Dogs can't "be" vegan, they are "tortured into".

Fuuuck, if that's real that pisses me off so much.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

I was just struck by the underlying assumption that the ability to have babies pretty much year round, which is very successful trait among us humans in terms of evolutionary survival, isn't "healthy."

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

davidspackage posted:

Fuuuck, if that's real that pisses me off so much.

Remember the couple that almost killed their cat because they wanted it to be vegan?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/24/kitten-vegan-diet-nearly-dies_n_3644213.html

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

kith_groupie posted:

I was just struck by the underlying assumption that the ability to have babies pretty much year round, which is very successful trait among us humans in terms of evolutionary survival, isn't "healthy."

Just because it's natural doesn't mean it's healthy either. But you can bet she makes that mistake constantly. "Oh, I like my soy based products 'natural', with none of those evil GMOs."

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Remember the couple that almost killed their cat because they wanted it to be vegan?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/24/kitten-vegan-diet-nearly-dies_n_3644213.html

Atleast dogs can subsist off of vegetables, it's not loving ideal but it can work. If you try to make a cat "go vegan" you are going to kill it!

Regardless, humans forcing lifestyle choices on animals is really dumb!

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

That vegan blogger is only 19.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Dreddout posted:

Regardless, humans forcing lifestyle choices on animals is really dumb!

Eh if there was a properly balanced researched vegan pet food that genuinely provided the animal with all the proper nutrition and didn't have a negative impact on it's health or life expectancy (no idea if there is or isn't, my guess is it would be feasible for dogs, very hard for cats/ferrets) then it's not all that big of a deal to me. We impose a shitload of things on animals as it is, not that I disagree with most of them (Neuter your pets guys!), and it's not like regular kibble is fooling the dog into thinking it's eating an actual bison carcass.

People who just give their dog broccoli and rice then wonder why it's hair is all falling out and it doesn't want to go for walks anymore can gently caress right off though

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Fatkraken posted:

Eh if there was a properly balanced researched vegan pet food that genuinely provided the animal with all the proper nutrition and didn't have a negative impact on it's health or life expectancy (no idea if there is or isn't, my guess is it would be feasible for dogs, very hard for cats/ferrets) then it's not all that big of a deal to me. We impose a shitload of things on animals as it is, not that I disagree with most of them (Neuter your pets guys!), and it's not like regular kibble is fooling the dog into thinking it's eating an actual bison carcass.

People who just give their dog broccoli and rice then wonder why it's hair is all falling out and it doesn't want to go for walks anymore can gently caress right off though

I think it would be possible to make a vegan pet food, with the specific vitamins and such that animals need coming from non-animal sources. Things like taurine can be gotten from non-animal sources, which is the big thing that kills cats if they're not eating meat.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Scathach posted:

That vegan blogger is only 19.

I can see why "she"'s never had a period.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
I've fed my dog Vegan dog food, it exists. It's all vegetable proteins mixed with a hickory smoke flavor do the dog will actually eat it.

He's not on a vegan diet though he gets a salmon based kibble mixed with some wet food. I rotate the wet foods to give him some variety.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

Hirayuki posted:

quote:
anyway, my friend's dog isnt fixed and is a raw vegan and that does DOES bleed when its that time...

jfc

Comparing the reproductive cycles of dogs and humans makes complete sense. I mean, they're practically the same species.

Solice Kirsk posted:

This is plain, loving sick. Poor kitty.

Which one of these doesn't belong?:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The guy on the right. He has such a smooth chest.

Mr Hootington has a new favorite as of 00:22 on Mar 9, 2016

insufficient guns
May 4, 2009

personally, I would
like to fuck Wall-E

:h: :roboluv: :h:
Time for some text cringe. This is a subreddit dedicated to dating and posting personal ads, in case you weren't aware. It could have it's own thread due to the vast amounts of AUG it contains.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

insufficient guns posted:

Time for some text cringe. This is a subreddit dedicated to dating and posting personal ads, in case you weren't aware. It could have it's own thread due to the vast amounts of AUG it contains.

You know that sound Sideshow bob makes when he gets hit with a rake? Thats my whole situation right now.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
If aren't watching the Hulk Hogan v. Gawker trial then you are missing out on some primo rolled gold AUG and some of the funniest court footage I've ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izYE04Zko5c

ServoMST3K
Nov 30, 2009

You look like a Cracker Jack box with a bad prize inside
I gave squat making GBS threads a solid year before I realized it's not a wonderful magical remedy. I also didn't use something like that stool (hur hur) I went full daredevil and had my feet on the drat toilet.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Watrick posted:

Comparing the reproductive cycles of dogs and humans makes complete sense. I mean, they're practically the same species.

All of them belong, relationships come in many flavors nowadays

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Watrick posted:

I'm glad Anthony Burch could finally find someone to have sex with after all those years.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Hirayuki posted:

jfc

Vegan
Dog

:wtc:

Surely that's loving animal cruelty unless they are feeding it kibble that contains the nutrients the drat dog needs; and even then said kibble most likely has a "meaty" flavor cause that's what dogs eat. Then agian mine isn't allowed to eat meat either ATM cause of health issues so; maybe it's not TOO bad.

Solice Kirsk posted:

This is awful though. Would be loving Melbournite's too.

Gridlocked has a new favorite as of 03:12 on Mar 9, 2016

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
When my dog eats meat he gets a lot of gas.

That's how you know he's my dog.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Dogs aren't obligate carnivores and can live without meat, you have to be careful about their diet though. Cats are obligate carnivores and can't live without meat. Applying human ethics to animals is stupid though, especially seeing as most pet food is by-products that would be otherwise wasted anyway.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Watrick posted:

Guy on the left, and shamefully

You don't bring grey boxers to a jorts party!

bubblebee
Jan 6, 2014
I've been to my family's village in India where the farmer's diets are accidentally vegan.

Rice, potatoes and lentils. Vegan as poo poo and you're actually able to work 30hrs of manual labour without passing out.

Content:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/9a/87/f7/9a87f76e6a710af7406db772356e0d6d.jpg

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

She Loves Too poo poo :D

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Gary Oldman has seen slightly better days.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Crow Jane posted:

Personally, I like the fact that she goes on and on about tribal women without taking into account that maybe, just maybe, them having light/absent periods might have something to do with the fact that they're likely pregnant or nursing a lot of the time.

That article made my head hurt.

That and a lot of the time access to meat is limited due to the constrains of hunting and gathering as well as gendered distribution of meat tending to bias males. It's also why in a lot of preindustrial agrarian societies and some hunter gatherers iron-deficiency anemia is really, really high in women.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://imgur.com/kKYmWDr

Can we not embed gifvs yet?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

zoux posted:

You can just remove the "v" from the direct link.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Gridlocked posted:

This is awful though. Would be loving Melbournite's too.

Oi, we don't all live in the inner-north :colbert:

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Food for thought, but Brunswick reports the lowest levels of child autism of any other surrounding area.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

ServoMST3K posted:

I gave squat making GBS threads a solid year before I realized it's not a wonderful magical remedy. I also didn't use something like that stool (hur hur) I went full daredevil and had my feet on the drat toilet.

Thank you for sharing.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Stoatbringer posted:

Thank you for sharing.

We're all about sharing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRtPVMyZ7Ig

zoux posted:

Those butt implants are really getting terrible nowadays
I do like how the guy behind her seemed to try to push her out. He's probably her son/SO/or related to her in some way though

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

zoux posted:

So about three weeks ago I got slightly winded walking up 4 flights of stairs and took that as a wake up call to start working out/losing weight again. I can't imagine "rear end not being able to fit through a normal door" wouldn't be one to someone. Should we just start executing the super morbidly obese? Besides their immediate family who would give a gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Solice Kirsk posted:

So about three weeks ago I got slightly winded walking up 4 flights of stairs and took that as a wake up call to start working out/losing weight again. I can't imagine "rear end not being able to fit through a normal door" wouldn't be one to someone. Should we just start executing the super morbidly obese? Besides their immediate family who would give a gently caress?

Yes, the execution method should be to feed them poisoned Ding-Dongs

• Locked thread