Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?

Gridlocked posted:

Because they have a fondness for Auto-Attack champs obviously. Also the reason why Devourer exists.

Also whats a good way to get in touch with you about these mentoring sessions you were talking about?

Feel free to add me on league: Wrath, or skype: michael.lou.isawesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Libertine posted:

The best part of that game was that I had picked Taric because the enemy team had first three picks gone AD like Jax/Yi/Poppy or something and so I knew also another ADC was coming and 4 AD vs Taric is basically an auto-win if you don't feed (I will always play Taric into an enemy draft like that no matter what). Only after the game loaded did we realize it was Support Master Yi (first time I had ever seen that and I'm assuming it was some kind of draft argument that no one dodged out of). From what I could tell about Support Master Yi, he hits his power spike around Level 1-2 and then never does anything useful after that. Would not recommend.

This should never happen anymore since people who don't want to support don't have to queue as it buuuuuut

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
gently caress my life this obnoxious twit i have the misfortune of being in the same room with is insisting a number of wrong things

namely, bard is the worst support, malph is legitimately good as a support (questionable), and Yi is obviously the best champion at everything forever and is utterly flawless and impossible to defeat

jesus loving christ he seems to have this idea that he is right about everything ever

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Malphite has been an off meta support in Korea for awhile, but I sincerely doubt this dude has any idea of such a thing since he's a Master Yi player

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

rabidsquid posted:

Malphite has been an off meta support in Korea for awhile, but I sincerely doubt this dude has any idea of such a thing since he's a Master Yi player

this is exactly my opinion on the matter as well

and i'm trying to explain to him that the support is oftentimes a more valuable target to jump on than the ADC, because if you remove the support, you remove massive teamfight ability from their team and remove their main peel to jump onto the ADC

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

So I'm on a 10 game win streak in ranked. There is no way this doesn't come crashing down hard as hell soon right?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

This should never happen anymore since people who don't want to support don't have to queue as it buuuuuut

ugh "fill" got me suport again thanks ribot

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
jesus loving christ this brickheaded idiot

"YI'S JOB IS TO WIN TEAMFIGHTS, SPLIT PUSHING ISNT IMPORTANT, OBVIOUSLY" ~ him

fishception fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Mar 8, 2016

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Arrgytehpirate posted:

So I'm on a 10 game win streak in ranked. There is no way this doesn't come crashing down hard as hell soon right?

Yes, ranked can be incredibly streaky so have fun with your inevitable mass of losses

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
quote is not edit

but holy poo poo this guy made me angry

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?

Sperglord Firecock posted:

quote is not edit

but holy poo poo this guy made me angry

My son, this is a tilt free zone. Do not embrace the tilt, it will only serve to distract and weaken you. Instead reflect upon how silly your friend is and laugh

Just tell him Bard was terrifying enough that one good game of him at IEM was enough to earn bard bans on SKT for the entire TSM series

Daemonlasher fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Mar 8, 2016

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Daemonlasher posted:

My son, this is a tilt free zone. Do not embrace the tilt, it will only serve to distract and weaken you. Instead reflect upon how silly your friend is and laugh

Just tell him Bard was terrifying enough that one good game of him at IEM was enough to earn bard bans on SKT for the entire TSM series

or hell, remind him that one of my most recent games with bard was an utter shitstomp on a morg bot

kallista didn't carry, so i did

not like i could actually feed his potato rear end kills, wouldn't engage worth a drat

fishception fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Mar 8, 2016

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Libertine posted:

The best part of that game was that I had picked Taric because the enemy team had first three picks gone AD like Jax/Yi/Poppy or something and so I knew also another ADC was coming and 4 AD vs Taric is basically an auto-win if you don't feed (I will always play Taric into an enemy draft like that no matter what). Only after the game loaded did we realize it was Support Master Yi (first time I had ever seen that and I'm assuming it was some kind of draft argument that no one dodged out of). From what I could tell about Support Master Yi, he hits his power spike around Level 1-2 and then never does anything useful after that. Would not recommend.

that reminds me of the time palladion picked support dorans blade fiora and we ended up getting like 3 kills in the early game and snowballing the poo poo out of the lane

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

namely, bard is the worst support, malph is legitimately good as a support (questionable), and Yi is obviously the best champion at everything forever and is utterly flawless and impossible to defeat

I had two games in a row playing against malphite support yesterday; one game was malph/kog, the other was malph/kalista.

I can sort of see the idea in both those lanes, since kog can really benefit from having malphite just gently caress up the other team with the ult and kalista and malph can chain their ults for some serious cc, but in practice neither of them really worked out very well. Malphite pre-six with no gold wasn't able to do a lot, so we were able to bully the kalista and kog enough early that we still won.

Man, gently caress kog, though. Even with his nerfs, he's a time bomb of a champion; you have to spend the entire game shutting him down or he'll just farm somewhere, buy two items, and then spit all over your entire team forever.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

or hell, remind him that one of my most recent games with bard was an utter shitstomp on a morg bot

kallista didn't carry, so i did

not like i could actually feed his potato rear end kills, wouldn't engage worth a drat

Why.... why does Morg have so few items with 7k gold?

Hell, why did a Morg lose to a bard period? You just take E second and laugh at him early and don't be near your teammates once he hits 6 and he's significantly hampered. You also need to keep some extra wards down in your jungle because of portal jungler ganks.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Kogmaw is hilarious because if you can get your damage items then steaks and maw you basically get a free lulu ultimate when people try to burst you out

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Patch notes are up for 6.5

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Why.... why does Morg have so few items with 7k gold?

Hell, why did a Morg lose to a bard period? You just take E second and laugh at him early and don't be near your teammates once he hits 6 and he's significantly hampered. You also need to keep some extra wards down in your jungle because of portal jungler ganks.

In practice black shield rarely works against bard because the stun doesn't apply until it hits a second target so the ability will break the shield, and then stun you anyways

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
oh also here's your star dragon http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/page/champion-reveal-aurelion-sol-star-forger

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I love the Kog buff and then nerf ultimately ended up with Q costing 40 mana but being actually useless and his passive attack speed is now completely gone from his kit.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
So I guess chatrooms are gone and replaced with 50 person clubs

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

But can I jungle him

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

This is just perfect:

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
his ult is kinda boring....

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Bard is the only support worth playing

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lovechop posted:

his entire kit is kinda boring except his q and arguably his passive.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Lovechop posted:

His whole design seems boring, basically he's got a sunfire cape? And a stun? and... he can fly?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Sexpansion posted:

His whole design seems boring, basically he's got a sunfire cape? And a stun? and... he can fly?

if you've ever played darius, this sort of mechanic is a pretty different experience than having sunfire cape

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The idea appears to basically be that you come over the wall with a giant gently caress-off comet and completely wreck a teamfight and... that's basically it. Which does admittedly sound fun but it's kind of a one-hit wonder.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
new dragon champion looks bad.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Looks like he has great waveclear/pushing power, aoe hard CC, and roams better than every midlaner other than TF. He will be ridiculous.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
It took them how many years to come up with that?

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Few questions, sorry if they are answered. I looked through the first few pages and did not see much info.

Is there a goon chat channel?
what is the best way to get RP to buy heroes?
Is RP the best way to get them other than real cash? I think I saw two types of money in the game.
I think I got a skin once from doing something on Facebook, are events like that common? Or was that a one time thing.
Does anyone want to be my friend :) my username is badjohny (or do i give my summoner name?)

Thanks again. I am really digging this game, but its a tad more complex than HoTs apparently.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
His ult is a setup for his W and that's it. His E requires stacks to use his only roam/escape.

badjohny posted:

Few questions, sorry if they are answered. I looked through the first few pages and did not see much info.

Is there a goon chat channel?
what is the best way to get RP to buy heroes?
Is RP the best way to get them other than real cash? I think I saw two types of money in the game.
I think I got a skin once from doing something on Facebook, are events like that common? Or was that a one time thing.
Does anyone want to be my friend :) my username is badjohny (or do i give my summoner name?)

Thanks again. I am really digging this game, but its a tad more complex than HoTs apparently.

on NA we chat on silversquid, although idk how that' going to turn out with clubs changing that.
RP is bought with cash, IP is earned from playing games. Make sure to get your first win of the day, and otherwise you'll just get IP over it.
IP is the only way to get champs besides RP(cash)
That's a one time thing.
I'm Kashuno on NA if you want to add me

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 8, 2016

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I feel like he's going to be another high skill cap champion like Jhin where you need 100 games or to be a pro to not feed

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I sure do love Wisp.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I feel like you literally just build him as a tank and sit in the teamfight letting your passive hit people

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Methanar posted:

Bard is the only support worth playing

That's a weird way to spell Morgana

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Kashuno posted:

I feel like you literally just build him as a tank and sit in the teamfight letting your passive hit people

I wonder if your stars will rotate or if your w will work while Zhyonas is up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
So he's a tanky sustained damage midlaner with a pretty cool initiation gimmick.

I bet people will take him top instead.

• Locked thread