Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The Jarvan buff went through :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

I think this champ is basically zac but worse???

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Argona posted:

I don't see the similarity

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Argona posted:

Wait for the numbers.

I'm going to take him to Support and abuse the poo poo out of FQC and that passive.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

The Shortest Path posted:

The Jarvan buff went through :shepface:

:dance:

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

So he's a tanky sustained damage midlaner with a pretty cool initiation gimmick.

I bet people will take him top instead.

I was honestly a little confused by people talking about him like he's a mid because AP bruiser whose damage mostly revolves around standing near the enemy and existing seems like much more of a top laner to me.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Oh poo poo, guys.

Silversquid is gonna be capped at 50 permanent members now.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Oh poo poo, guys.

That's really loving dumb

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

Maybe the numbers will shunt stardragon into more of a damage role, but both zac and stardragon's main game plan seems to be using their super long range initiates with their heavy cc ult and then doing some sustained daamge afterwards. I bet riot's going to change zac to scale off hp even more now...

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Crazy Larry posted:

I was honestly a little confused by people talking about him like he's a mid because AP bruiser whose damage mostly revolves around standing near the enemy and existing seems like much more of a top laner to me.

He auto-pushes lane, has no reliable escapes and nothing in his kit that makes him tanky. I mean, anything can be played top, but he does not seem suited to a long lane.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Depending on the numbers, I think I will run him in the jungle.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Oh poo poo, guys.

is this new system actually replacing chatrooms completely? i call dibs on a slot if so

new champ looks like it's trying to be a new take on the old RoA mages like Swain/Karthus/Anivia but with better roaming, mid lane is the best fit for that

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Oh poo poo, guys.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I made a post on the NA version of the patch notes maybe if enough people upvote it Riot will raise the ca-hahahaha who the gently caress am I kidding

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Riot makes dumb decision. News at 11.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Firebert posted:

He auto-pushes lane, has no reliable escapes and nothing in his kit that makes him tanky. I mean, anything can be played top, but he does not seem suited to a long lane.

I dunno, I guess it depends on how well his Q clears waves, because if he has to use his passive to clear waves mid he's just going to get poked down by ranged champs or killed by assassins since he doesn't have any innate sustain or tankiness.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Let's just make a BronzeSquid GoldSquid and Platsquid so that I dont have to play with scrubs. If you are Diamond then you can do whatever the gently caress you want, you don't get a channel

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Rurea posted:

Let's just make a BronzeSquid GoldSquid and Platsquid so that I dont have to play with scrubs. If you are Diamond then you can do whatever the gently caress you want, you don't get a channel

Sign me up for WoodSquid

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
What's actually dumb is using a chat room any time after the 1990s.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

This new champ should have a bowling skin

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sexpansion posted:

Sign me up for WoodSquid

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Libertine posted:

Goons were still using ICQ at least until 2013, probably even longer.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The Super League thread posters are still like "get on irc to talk trades!" and I hate them for it.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it's 2016 and IRC is still good, and cool

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Also whoever made the TF comparison for the new champ, that's an interesting one because it seems like this dude does compare unfavorably to TF who has a ridiculously strong ability on his W and a much easier to use ult for roaming.

Of course this champ being able to gank from most any direction with a potentially huge stun could be really strong. It sounds FUN, because it sounds like you can do some really dumb poo poo, and I love doing really dumb poo poo.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Tales of Woe posted:

loving no.

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

So Radiant (Rising Thunder) got acquired by Riot and is apparently working on something new.

Hm.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Libertine posted:

It's not the chat feature that matters, it's having a huge pool that goons can join and invite people to games from. It makes coordinating games much easier and better because you can just mass invite the channel and don't have to worry about everyone individually updating all of their friend lists (which are implemented horribly in League anyway)

I'd be super hype for outright replacing chat channels with guilds (which is what clubs are) except for the fact that the player limit is 50 which is dumb.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Andarel posted:

So Radiant (Rising Thunder) got acquired by Riot and is apparently working on something new.

Hm.

They've been trying to make a League fighting game for years. It will be interesting to see if A) it's a good idea and B) it gains any traction.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Tales of Woe posted:

Get on discord, it's IRC for neckbeards

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I used to be on IRC when Clinton was president.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Sexpansion posted:

I used to be on IRC when Clinton was president.

Sudden relevance

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
a league fighting game where you can smash people's faces in as vi sounds good as gently caress imo

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Prokhor posted:

Get on discord, it's IRC for neckbeards

IRC is IRC for neckbeards though?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Lovechop posted:

a league fighting game where you can smash people's faces in as vi sounds good as gently caress imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_qx2KdpeNY

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
That seems like the worst thing.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Lady Naga posted:

That seems like the worst thing.

It pretty much is

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
New champ will need a really short cooldown on his Q or he is just gonna kinda wander around after blowing it.

His passive and W is Karthus E, but worse in every way, especially against the dozens of 100% > 0% instaburst assassins who will just blink around the orbs or stay on top of him, hard to imagine the matchup where it works well for him.

Really just got to see the numbers, maybe he has broken AP ratios or cooldowns, but riot has usually not given anyone good AP ratios ever since the accident of AP gragas and sion and their 1 AP = 1 damage days.

He has 2 stuns in his kit, but his E is probably very bad for escaping.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Mar 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

please never post again

• Locked thread