Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im gonna ask him about my fire emblem tier list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

im gonna ask him about my fire emblem tier list

ask him if towa's real

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Yup. Fairly sure that's the real Sean. Too bad I can't think of a single thing I want to ask at the moment.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
lol, rean's a mega man battle network fan if this is legit

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The Colonel posted:

Mm!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

sounds ic to me

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
The framerate in Memories of Celceta is so bad.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Well poo poo.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/03/08/ys-viii-will-release-japan-july-21-ps-vita-2017-ps4/

If Xseed are going to release both versions at the same time, this will no doubt be quite a wait.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Sweet, more time for xseed to work on 3rd, zero and ao :v:

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Zaggitz posted:

Sweet, more time for xseed to work on 3rd, zero and ao :v:

I was sad because I knew this would mean it'd take a while for Xseed to bring Ys VIII over but now that you mention it, yes. This is the perfect time for Xseed to work on those games.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I really hope the Cold Steel numbers are good enough for them to keep working.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I was sad because I knew this would mean it'd take a while for Xseed to bring Ys VIII over but now that you mention it, yes. This is the perfect time for Xseed to work on those games.

Watch Xseed announce Tokyo Xandau in their traditional pre-E3 announcement blitz.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Hey, in the unlikely case it's PSTV compatible, I'd be fine with that.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

I really hope the Cold Steel numbers are good enough for them to keep working.

I wouldn't worry about it. Everyone points to Steamspy for SC's numbers but that doesn't take into account GOG or PSP numbers and they seem to forget that FC got a huge boost in sales when SC came out. Everyone's just too busy with their backlogs.

Cold Steel seems like it did okay too.

Delusibeta posted:

Watch Xseed announce Tokyo Xandau in their traditional pre-E3 announcement blitz.

I wouldn't be surprised if it did, although they may want to wait until Xanadu Next is released on PC despite Tokyo Xanadu not really playing like Xanadu Next.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Motto posted:

Hey, in the unlikely case it's PSTV compatible, I'd be fine with that.

It is

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The Japanese version is, but it took a while for English Celceta to get whitelisted and who knows if anybody will bother with that now that it's getting discontinued in some regions.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Motto posted:

The Japanese version is, but it took a while for English Celceta to get whitelisted and who knows if anybody will bother with that now that it's getting discontinued in some regions.

The main reason it took a while for the English version to get whitelisted was because PSTV support wasn't in the initial version, but was added with a patch that Falcom couldn't implement for XSeed for some reason or another. Nowadays, I believe Vita games are PSTV compatible from the get-go. So I'm pretty sure this one will have PSTV support right off the bat.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Erpy posted:

The main reason it took a while for the English version to get whitelisted was because PSTV support wasn't in the initial version, but was added with a patch that Falcom couldn't implement for XSeed for some reason or another. Nowadays, I believe Vita games are PSTV compatible from the get-go. So I'm pretty sure this one will have PSTV support right off the bat.

Yeah, the PSTV support was in the last patch, while the Western version is based on the penultimate version of the game. Falcom never did the localization programming required for the final patch, because, y'know, 50 employees.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Cover her with letters containing requests other people have made.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tell her to come into the freaking haunted schoolhouse with me

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Let her sleep, she needs it.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Detheros posted:

Let her sleep, she needs it.

But don't watch her sleep, she hates it.

I have to say though, I found myself a little puzzled by Towa's sheer popularity. I get she's a moe-blob/mascot and thus adorable, but I found most other female characters in Cold Steel more interesting than her.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Erpy posted:

But don't watch her sleep, she hates it.

I have to say though, I found myself a little puzzled by Towa's sheer popularity. I get she's a moe-blob/mascot and thus adorable, but I found most other female characters in Cold Steel more interesting than her.

I've no idea either. She has the same surname as Nayuta from Nayuta no Kiseki and has a cameo in Tokyo Xanadu so I'm assuming that someone at Falcom really likes Towa and decided to make her a dimension hopping time lord or something.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

she's a cute senpai

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Is there some reason why Alisa's attacks do poo poo damage, even when her STR is in line with the rest of the party?

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Alisa simply has the bad luck of being a caster whose weapon attacks do physical damage, rather than Elliot and Emma, who also have sucky strength, but whose orbal staves do magical damage which bypasses monsters' DEF-stat altogether. Most monsters have a higher DEF-stat than ATD-stat, which makes Alisa's weapons attacks weaker than some of her fellow casters.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Right, but she'll do half the damage that Fie or Machias do even when her STR is only like ten points off of theirs.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

If the calculations are anything like Ys those 10 points of strength count for a lot

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Really Pants posted:

Right, but she'll do half the damage that Fie or Machias do even when her STR is only like ten points off of theirs.

Go to the first floor of the schoolhouse and shoot stuff while they have STR that's 10 points off and then try it again on the highest available floor.

I haven't messed around with Cold Steel people enough to know if they have hidden weapon modifiers or something--never used Alisa for attacks--but from what I can tell of trails games in general STR is such that you barely do any damage if you're close to or below enemy DEF, do good damage after hitting some threshold higher and then gain like no damage once you hit some other threshold of higher. That 10 points could be the difference between almost no damage and some damage depending on enemy DEF. Or at higher levels of STR it could mean nothing at all, same with even 50 point gaps.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!

Take her home with me.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

HEY SLUR

https://twitter.com/xseedgames/status/708110200037769216

S U C K

I T

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

don't be playing games xseed

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

some jokes aren't funny

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

some jokes aren't funny

They wouldn't do that to us would they

:(

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

nah it's almost certainly legit, don't take my dumb joke too seriously

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

thank you

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

:gizz:

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
I sure hope there isn't some sort of Senran Kagura: Catholic game they may be interested in bringing over. ..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

OddObserver posted:

I sure hope there isn't some sort of Senran Kagura: Catholic game they may be interested in bringing over. ..

father kevin is a very sexy ninja