Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

visceril posted:

I updated the app through the App Store, and now I'm stuck at 251/251 on the download.

Be patient. It'll finish up.

source: Mine did this too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Mine might have as well. I launched the update and ignored it for a bit.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Fixed it.

Annoyed that I didn't get much good stuff from the banner itself but I got Evil Buu, Despair's Onslaught 1st form Freeza, 1st form Cell, the TEQ Saiyaman, and Pan.

Is the TEQ Saiyaman worth keeping? I see his passive is better than the free STR one, but the super attack level is an issue as are what appears to be a much lower base attack.

Same question on the rest

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

visceril posted:

I updated the app through the App Store, and now I'm stuck at 251/251 on the download.

This is me every update. It's annoying.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Wow, they added data for a lot of new cards. Besides the obvious Cell Games stuff like SSR 17 and 18, it looks like the Buu Dokkan event cards are all added, along with Janemba, Frieza, and Gogeta for their Dokkan events. There's also the Dokkans for SSJ Vegeta, SSJ3 Goku, and Piccolo. Also looks like the Gotenks cards are translated.

Also our good buddy and totally canon SSJ3 Vegeta.

A lot of it is just data and not translated, but it looks like we're gonna be getting a lot of cool stuff pretty soon.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
Friends list expanded to 70 with the latest update! I'll see if I can add everyone who isn't already on my list to my team this evening. The game also seems to run a bit faster, if not still screwing me on Gohan/Bulma medal drop rates for Sayiamen!

I also like how there's a guide for Dokkan Awaken cards, so you don't accidentally sell/train one of them.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

There are some nice quality of life features too, like you can now set up teams on the fly right before taking off for a quest.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Just noticed another feature, a little flashing 'New' over new cards in your list. Colorblind mode's not bad, but I've been adapting for like 6 months, I'm not sure how much it'll really help me. Though, I can tell that PHY is supposed to be orange, so that's a plus. Perfoance in my whale character list is much improved, too.

Do the non-Bulma medals from the Saiyaman event actually drop or not? I was never able to figure that out.

Edit: Neat, got a SSJ2 PHY Goku. He seems pretty buff, shame I can't use him with the TEQ one. It's making Prepared for Battle look pretty viable for me, SSJ Bardock aside.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Mar 8, 2016

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Used up a full stamina block, got 1 of the new Tiens. I do like all the little things that they tweaked.

Tried running an all TEQ team, not very good since there aren't a lot of Links to go around besides a Kamehameha.

Leader: Jackie Chun - +3 ki for TEQ types
Max Power Master Roshi
Legendary Super Saiyan Goku
Majin Vegeta
The recent Event Piccolo
TEQ Tien with Tribeam

Like I said, not a solid team, but, I wanted to switch things up a bit from my Super Saiyan team.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Wuxi posted:

You need two AGL Burning Battle cards (R Trunks + anyone else is enough) for block duty and a hard hitter to do damage - Kaioken Goku is perfect, AGL Adult SSJ Gohan or SSG Goku are ok too. Take one card to feed the hard hitter with Ki (SSJ2 AGL Gohan, Pikkon for Shocking Speed link), a +HP/ATK leader (or Kid Buu) and fill the rest with random Burning Battle cards, so you have 3 blockers most of the time.
Broly only attacks every 2nd round, you need both AGL blockers on that turn and keep your hard hitter + Ki support on the other turn. Never put any of those in the 3rd place during a turn for any reason so they stay together.
Take Senzu Bean/Dende/Ox King/Ghost Usher and you're good to go.

You could also post your box, that would make specific team building a bit easier.

From a page back, thanks for the offer! Here's a link to my full box:
http://imgur.com/a/0bg2K

And here's just my AGI / Blazing Battle cards using the Dokkan Battle team builder website:

The team I'm looking at is near the bottom. I have AGI Adult SSJ Gohan who has a passive that breaks Rampage. He has Blazing Battle along with SSJ Kid Trunks (also has a Rampage breaker passive), my TEQ Goku card, and INT King Vegeta. I'm thinking I could fill out the rest of the team with SSJ2 Vegeta and SSJ Goten for Super Saiyan links, but maybe there's another AGI I have with a better passive that I may have overlooked.

For team leader I'm split between SSJ2 Vegeta who has an HP/Attack buff for my AGI cards, or swapping out one of those six at the bottom (probably King Vegeta) for Turles and the +2 Ki leader ability.

I have enough medals to awaken one SSR and one SR from my AGI cards, would probably go with SSJ Adult Gohan and SSJ Kid Trunks respectively since they both have Rampage breakers. It still may not be enough so feel free to tell me I'm better off gearing up for Broly a few months from now.

The Ninth Layer fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Mar 8, 2016

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Honestly, that team should do just fine. People have done it with worse. SSJ Adult Gohan and Kid Trunks are really strong in that fight (and in general, that Gohan is nuts). SSJ2 Vegeta's pretty solid as well. You're definitely going to want ki to actually do damage with those three. You really only need 4 cards with Blazing Battle and one of yours is your damage anchor.

Edit: Colorblind mode is actively worse. Now green is the dark one. :rip:

Also, fighting Chiaotzu with Tien ain't all bad. I fought both on my first Z-Hard and got two copies of Tien.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Mar 8, 2016

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm really enjoying the INT Golden Frieza I rolled, not least since I actually have enough other Frieza-related chars to form a deck around him. He feels kinda like budget SSJ3 Goku and definitely has a cooler looking super.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Am I missing something on this Great Saiyaman event? I only see the one mission, but everything indicates that there should be several more. It's called "Fight on! Hero of Justice!"

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

New Leaf posted:

Am I missing something on this Great Saiyaman event? I only see the one mission, but everything indicates that there should be several more. It's called "Fight on! Hero of Justice!"

There should be 6 stages. Each one is called "[#] Fight on! Hero of Justice!" where its 1 through 6.

e: wrong side.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Mar 8, 2016

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Why the gently caress did they break it up like that? Ugh.. Thanks, I figured it out.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
I need to grind all those Bulma medals.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

e: ^^^ :v: ^^^

New Leaf posted:

Why the gently caress did they break it up like that? Ugh.. Thanks, I figured it out.

Each stage is a gimmick. One is training items, one is support, one is zeni, and so on. I use the medals one(#4, Young Hearts, Liberated) to grind the bulma medals.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Oh my god, look at the filter menu. It's glorious. :allears:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
After 30 years, I finally finished downloading the update. Time to see what all the fuss is about.

Ooh, you can filter your character list to just SRs and SSRs. That is nice.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I think the team limit got expanded too, I suddenly had 20 extra points to awaken people with.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
They need to stop sending us strike events that only reward Rs (that sometimes don't even dokkan into SRs). Those are the most useless thing.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Is Chilled still a good leader vs. AGL types?

-Troika- posted:

They need to stop sending us strike events that only reward Rs (that sometimes don't even dokkan into SRs). Those are the most useless thing.

Counterpoint: get a million Gokus and Gohans, use them to up the SA of your SR Gokus and Gohans.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Now they just need to give us enough team slots to have at least a rainbow team and one of each color monoteams saved at the same time.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Counterpoint: get a million Gokus and Gohans, use them to up the SA of your SR Gokus and Gohans.

I think it really depends on who you're up against. I still think the ki leaders are generally more useful, then the +40/50% attack ones. The new Strike cards with the +30% HP/Atk leader skill are definitely interesting, too.

Up to 5 Tiens already, drop rate's not too bad, counting Chiaotzu.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Mar 9, 2016

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
If you get double -25% ATK leaders then they're still good but because the doubling bug has been fixed, strong attackers + ki support is a better deal.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
Sent everyone in the spreadsheet a friend request. If you didn't get it, your invite box is too full so I'm sorry.

Petiso posted:

Now they just need to give us enough team slots to have at least a rainbow team and one of each color monoteams saved at the same time.

Isn't that what we have now? I have 6 team slots, 1 for each monocolor and my rainbow team.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

If Chilled was 25% I'd consider him better. He's only 20%, and given that he really links well with other Frezia types. I do have two other Frezia types (4th form and 3rd form), so maybe that would be a gimmick to try.

Is there any good stage to farm for the Bulma Sayiaman medals? Or Gohan Z-CArd? I've switching them up, and I've only gotten 7 Bulma medals (and no Gohans).

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
On another note, I don't like using any char that has Kamehameha as a super unless absolutely neccesary. They have it on way too many chars as it is and it's boring :colbert:

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

Cozz posted:

Is there any good stage to farm for the Bulma Sayiaman medals? Or Gohan Z-CArd? I've switching them up, and I've only gotten 7 Bulma medals (and no Gohans).

You can farm both of these things in the last level of the event with buu, you usually only get the medals, but if you see a piccolo buu he drops a z-awakened gohan.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

-Troika- posted:

On another note, I don't like using any char that has Kamehameha as a super unless absolutely neccesary. They have it on way too many chars as it is and it's boring :colbert:

I'm pretty pragmatic. It's such a good link that I use it as often as possible.

Does the Tien from the current strike have a use in an event later? Any reason to get him to SA10?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

ChronoReverse posted:

I'm pretty pragmatic. It's such a good link that I use it as often as possible.

Does the Tien from the current strike have a use in an event later? Any reason to get him to SA10?

He's for the Cell Games.

I hope we get Battle of Gods back at some point. I need to Dokkan my SA5 PHY SSJ Goku now that I have a SSJ2 Goku. Make my SSG Goku a little better.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Mar 9, 2016

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Random 5 stone pull got me Vegito. Guess that old magic is coming back.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Okay goons, I'm looking for team building advice because my team is probably not super great.

One thing I'm already thinking about is replacing FP Bojack with Father-Son SSJ2 Gohan. I'm loathe to move both him and the SSJ Teen Gohan just because of how hard I worked to get those shitheads dokkaned twice

Teen Gohan might be able to stay in general just because he might be the strongest PHY card I have.

e: while thinking about this I made a DB team of STR Kid Goku, Grandpa Gohan, General Blue, Oolong, Yamcha, and Volleyball Tien :v:

Aurora fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Mar 9, 2016

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Replace Bojack with the SSJ2 Gohan.
Dokkan the AGL Roshi and replace the TEQ Roshi with him
Farm and Dokkan a TEQ SSJ Goku and replace Videl with him.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Does AGL Max Power have better stats?

Also I'm not sure what my Cell Games lineup is right now - I'm thinking about keeping Cell leader, then using AGL Kaioken, SSJ2 Gohan, and some combination of two more Soul vs Soul cards and General Blue.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

The Ninth Layer posted:

From a page back, thanks for the offer! Here's a link to my full box:
http://imgur.com/a/0bg2K

And here's just my AGI / Blazing Battle cards using the Dokkan Battle team builder website:

The team I'm looking at is near the bottom. I have AGI Adult SSJ Gohan who has a passive that breaks Rampage. He has Blazing Battle along with SSJ Kid Trunks (also has a Rampage breaker passive), my TEQ Goku card, and INT King Vegeta. I'm thinking I could fill out the rest of the team with SSJ2 Vegeta and SSJ Goten for Super Saiyan links, but maybe there's another AGI I have with a better passive that I may have overlooked.

For team leader I'm split between SSJ2 Vegeta who has an HP/Attack buff for my AGI cards, or swapping out one of those six at the bottom (probably King Vegeta) for Turles and the +2 Ki leader ability.

I have enough medals to awaken one SSR and one SR from my AGI cards, would probably go with SSJ Adult Gohan and SSJ Kid Trunks respectively since they both have Rampage breakers. It still may not be enough so feel free to tell me I'm better off gearing up for Broly a few months from now.

You still have a few days to get more medals. You didn't show your Rs, do you have the AGL R Trunks? Try to get the medals to Dokkan your Adult Gohan, the event is running right now
SSJ Adult Gohan and SSJ Kid Trunks need to be awakened. SSJ2 Vegeta too, he will be your leader. Also awaken your TEQ SSJ Goku. Take a Kid Buu or Kaioken Goku friend.
If you have a Kid Buu friend: Always save your Ki for SSJ Gohan. Nobody else matters, but he has to super attack every turn. Always have Kid Trunks/Gohan on the turn Broly attacks and never put one of them into Slot 3. If Broly attacks that Slot and you have no other Burning Battle blocker, then use a Dmg Reduction item. During the other turn you have your fodder - Keep SSJ2 Vegeta and Kid Buu together (Kid Buu so you get the heal every other turn, Vegeta because he does nothing besides giving you 20% HP/ATK anyway). The 3 rotating Slots should be R Trunks, SSR AGL Saiyaman and TEQ SSJ Goku. All 3 also have the link, so you always can block with 3 linked characters.
If you have a Kaioken friend: Save your KI for Kaioken Goku. He also has to super attack every turn and he does more damage than Gohan. If you get lucky with the Ki fields before the battle go for supers on both. Everything else is the same as with a Kid Buu friend.
TLDR: You have all the cards necessary, but none of them are awakened (or dokkan'd). That needs to happen first, so its up to you if you want to put in the time until the event starts.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Aurora posted:

Does AGL Max Power have better stats?

Also I'm not sure what my Cell Games lineup is right now - I'm thinking about keeping Cell leader, then using AGL Kaioken, SSJ2 Gohan, and some combination of two more Soul vs Soul cards and General Blue.

+1600 HP and 600 Def, -40 ATK. The main selling point is the far better passive.

Cell is TEQ btw, not sure how much Kaioken Goku can do in that fight.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Wuxi posted:

Cell is TEQ btw, not sure how much Kaioken Goku can do in that fight.

A whole lot if his super is used many times. :getin:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Fair point. I was mainly thinking about him throwing out supers and raising his attack stupid high. I could throw in Golden Frieza instead for the Revival link.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

A whole lot if his super is used many times. :getin:

If you give Cell enough time, he'll oneshot you with a triple super attack. I think you can cheese him with a full STR Setup + Turles (for blocking and stun), but I don't think you have time for Kaioken Goku to ramp up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Wuxi posted:

If you give Cell enough time, he'll oneshot you with a triple super attack.

Didn't know this was a thing. Watched a few cell videos but didn't see a triple attack. Then again they were stun vids so I'd guess cell had no chance to get to that point.