Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i dated a chick named leah who was so much like leah (in both looks and personality/life arc) that when i told her about stardew valley's leah and linked her the character picture, she immediately changed her whatsapp pic to it

it was a little surreal when i first got this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

I'm slightly concerned that Abigail keeps saying "How did you know I was hungry? This looks delicious!" when I give her gems.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

she's anemic that's how she gets her iron

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

She thinks they're rock candy.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Admittedly, rock candy is pretty good.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Thor-Stryker posted:

Abigail is the proper option anyways, she loves video-games AND fucks with her parents by not telling them what shes doing in the graveyard. Abigail is the closet version to what the player and the main character are doing.

Leah just stares at lakes and eats gluten-free all day.

I like to sometimes hang out with people like Abigail

I do not like dating people like Abigail

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Still can't get Abigail's 10 heart event to trigger, and I'm starting to fear it's permanently bugged or something.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Is there any foods that have a particularly low effort to energy ratio. I've been just eating forage but that doesn't always get me through a day of mining.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
What kind of dumbshit organized the luau? "Potluck" does not mean "throw poo poo into a pot" in my neck of the woods, so I brought some spicy pepper jelly which wasn't a valid ingredient. I'll just go grab something else, but who would eat mystery soup? :psyduck:

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

AG3 posted:

Still can't get Abigail's 10 heart event to trigger, and I'm starting to fear it's permanently bugged or something.

Is it raining and or not winter.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Locke Dunnegan posted:

What kind of dumbshit organized the luau? "Potluck" does not mean "throw poo poo into a pot" in my neck of the woods, so I brought some spicy pepper jelly which wasn't a valid ingredient. I'll just go grab something else, but who would eat mystery soup? :psyduck:

The governor, clearly.

I just bring along a gold star fish or corn.

Germstore posted:

Is there any foods that have a particularly low effort to energy ratio. I've been just eating forage but that doesn't always get me through a day of mining.

Sashimi. One fish for 75 energy and 30 HP.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Locke Dunnegan posted:

It's another reference to Harvest Moon SNES :eng101:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Green Dam posted:

The governor, clearly.

I just bring along a gold star fish or corn.

Sashimi. One fish for 75 energy and 30 HP.

And a mining buff. That's perfect. Thanks.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
abigail is a really cool person who should not be getting married at this time imo

Germstore posted:

use your hoe on the sandy parts of dungeon levels and acquire unlimited cave carrots

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Shoehead posted:

I think that might be it. Gonna admit that's like 40% less tittay than I expected.

he had a version with even more titty (the "slutty version") but it got removed by mods and now there's a huge shitstorm in that thread lol

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Man, 300 omni geodes and only got one prismatic shard, does using it at that one place in the desert consume it? I haven't actually looked up what happens, just remember someone mentioning in the thread.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Rookersh posted:

Is it raining and or not winter.

It's autumn, neither rain nor clear weather seems to make it trigger.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Saint Freak posted:

Is there a way to get rid of the other slingshot? Mine's taking up 1 entire chest space and that's unacceptable but it doesn't look like I can trash or sell it.

Put it in a chest and bomb the chest. Bam, gone.

Note: Don't do this in your house or near anything else valuable. First level of the mines is a good place.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Indecisive posted:

Man, 300 omni geodes and only got one prismatic shard, does using it at that one place in the desert consume it? I haven't actually looked up what happens, just remember someone mentioning in the thread.

Yes, it uses it up. In fact, something I painfully discovered, if you have multiple in a stack and carry the stack it will consume all of them. That was the clearest Alt+F4 moment in the game so far for me. Splitting the stack and carrying only one doesn't consume all of them though.

Entoloma
Jan 2, 2009
Finally got around to fixing the bus and now I can buy starfruit seeds! Is there a specific way to get past the bouncer or do I just need to become friends with Sandy?

bumble
Oct 15, 2012

R U HOT YET?

Swedish Horror posted:

I'm slightly concerned that Abigail keeps saying "How did you know I was hungry? This looks delicious!" when I give her gems.

I gave her a fruit one time and she said she didn't know what to do with it. She's kinda weird.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Entoloma posted:

Finally got around to fixing the bus and now I can buy starfruit seeds! Is there a specific way to get past the bouncer or do I just need to become friends with Sandy?

The bouncer is blocking the final reward for Mr. Qi's quest chain.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Germstore posted:

Easiest one is Chowder(Get Three hearts with Willy) provided you have at least one cow and some fishing pots. It requires just Milk + Clam and gives you 225 Energy + 90 Health. If you luck out, you can get Lobster Bisque which is Lobster + Milk, and gives the same benefits but a temp energy boost as well.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Germstore posted:

Pretty much anything cooked gives crazy amounts of energy. Getting the first house upgrade (that gives you a kitchen) is incredibly good just for the amount energy you can now expend with cooked foods.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Keshik posted:

Do you mean this one?

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Indecisive posted:

Seeds and weeds only spread in a small radius, just keep the area near your stuff clean and you should be fine. I've never seen them destroy a fence at least so chests should be fine too.

If you ever want to be 100% paranoid safe about chests outside, plop them down in the grassy area above your drop off bin. Nothing will ever reach there.

Kaedric posted:

So what even is the point of fences and roads? I have not bothered to fence in my crops and noticed nothing out of the ordinary, and I don't really see any benefit to dropping paths at all. Help me understand.

The biggest benefit is they prevent the spread of the encroaching tree neutron star in the west of the farm. Blocking a two-tile wide area is sufficient enough to stop the menace. This can be done with just roads so there isn't much of a reason for fences really unless you want your animals organized while they're grazing.

Germstore posted:

The snack crafting recipe you get at a really low foraging skill level is good. If you do any kind of wood chopping you'll have a good mix of the three tree seeds for a long time. The big benefit to this is you don't have to go to your kitchen to make it. You can also right click on any tree you walk by for a chance of getting a seed, with no energy cost for doing so. Or if you set up a area for tapped trees, you can pop the automatically spawned seeds out of the ground too.

Neveth
Aug 22, 2011

Oh hello, delicious friend.
Hey guys - I finished the foragaing bundles but the bridge was totally not repaired - is this a bug or do I need to do something else? All those delicious ores, I wants them....

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

apparently since the last time i looked at that thread it has joined forces with a modder who made 'beautified portraits' for the women and they all look like mutants with giant racks

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Does leveling up your skills lower the amount your stamina decreases when you do stuff? It's at the point now where I can't run out of stamina anymore even if I spend all day fishing/mining/chopping wood.

Also getting to the point where I'm running out of things to do. Made a bunch of sprinklers to automate my crops, finally got married, and I'm about ten or so items away from finally finishing the Community Center (though it probably won't be ready until Fall). Still got to upgrade my coop/barn one more time, upgrade my house, and do whatever desert stuff I want.

Maybe now's the time to look into modding. Been wanting to sub in the HM SNES music for nostalgia's sake, as good as SV's soundtrack is.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Someone Awful! posted:

he had a version with even more titty (the "slutty version") but it got removed by mods and now there's a huge shitstorm in that thread lol

That thread is the worst.

"I can get pixellated tits anywhere, what I can't get just anywhere is pixellated tits that go into my 2016 farming sim game."

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Mega64 posted:

Does leveling up your skills lower the amount your stamina decreases when you do stuff? It's at the point now where I can't run out of stamina anymore even if I spend all day fishing/mining/chopping wood.
yes

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

Give away the green grass, Give away the sky
Does anyone know if the 10 heart events for Bachelors/Bachelorettes are different depending on whether you've given them a bouquet?

I ask because once I get married and start to get 10 heart friendships with all the villagers, am I going to be inadvertently making out with all the other candidates behind my spouse's back? If so, that's hilarious and terrifying all at once. :gonk:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Cheese Pain posted:

Does anyone know if the 10 heart events for Bachelors/Bachelorettes are different depending on whether you've given them a bouquet?

I ask because once I get married and start to get 10 heart friendships with all the villagers, am I going to be inadvertently making out with all the other candidates behind my spouse's back? If so, that's hilarious and terrifying all at once. :gonk:

i thought you couldn't get the 10 heart events with them unless you gave them bouquets

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Neveth posted:

Hey guys - I finished the foragaing bundles but the bridge was totally not repaired - is this a bug or do I need to do something else? All those delicious ores, I wants them....

After you complete a community center room you need to sleep for the reward to take effect.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I just noticed that the wiki has all the old portraits for the bachelor/ettes, and while the consistency on art style over time varies with each character, I have to say that I really like Leah's second and third designs:

Also, Sam used to be even more of a super saiyan, if you can believe it.

Neveth
Aug 22, 2011

Oh hello, delicious friend.

Skaw posted:

After you complete a community center room you need to sleep for the reward to take effect.

WHEW! Thanks - I was pausing the game until I knew I was okay - didn't want to somehow screw myself out of this! Thanks!

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i can't stop looking at these mods, they're all so bad

"Mod Make Wizard a cute girl"

:what:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

inthesto posted:

I just noticed that the wiki has all the old portraits for the bachelor/ettes, and while the consistency on art style over time varies with each character, I have to say that I really like Leah's second and third designs:

Also, Sam used to be even more of a super saiyan, if you can believe it.

I'm really glad ConcernedApe decided to age everyone up.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Met posted:

I'm really glad ConcernedApe decided to age everyone up.

Aren't the main characters and bachelor/ettes in HM games usually supposed to be around 14 - 16? Makes sense that Concerned Ape would have used that as a starting point.

Better than Rune Factory, where the same group of characters are 10 - 12. RF2 even went so far as to make your main character 8 years old. :crossarms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

Give away the green grass, Give away the sky

Someone Awful! posted:

i thought you couldn't get the 10 heart events with them unless you gave them bouquets

Thank goodness. I didn't know that!