Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Alris posted:

Are you loving kidding me.

'Last year's April fools skins weren't that great so this time we just took our dumbest ideas and did those'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wasn't last year Totally Not Udyr i.e: the best Udyr skin?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
So ah, I'm gonna set up silversquid for OCE if anyone hasn't already. I have already randomly met and exchanged 3 lines of text with 2 OCE goons who honestly bumbled into it and don't even read this thread.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:swoon:

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Alris posted:

Are you loving kitten me.

Meowkai is skin of the year :3:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
So is Koggles dead in the water now?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

ImpAtom posted:

Wasn't last year Totally Not Udyr i.e: the best Udyr skin?

One good skin and the rest were forgettable, here the only not amazing one is the tahm one

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Semi-Annual PBE new champion report: His Q seems to scale infinitely in size, at max rank E (the range on E increases) you can cruise halfway across the map and arrive with an AoE stun literally the size of the screen. :iia:

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

AttackBacon posted:

Semi-Annual PBE new champion report: His Q seems to scale infinitely in size, at max rank E (the range on E increases) you can cruise halfway across the map and arrive with an AoE stun literally the size of the screen. :iia:

Please post a picture of this thank you.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Pretty sure I invented meowkai a long time ago in the last thread

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Darth Windu posted:

Pretty sure I invented meowkai a long time ago in the last thread

Scheduling a sit down between you and the attorney for mcdonalds coffee guy

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Spiros posted:

Scheduling a sit down between you and the attorney for mcdonalds coffee guy

That was a lady and the coffee was so hot her labia were litter-ally fused into her thigh

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The more you know I guess

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Spiros posted:

The more you know I guess

Also she initially politely asked McDonalds to help her cover her medical bills because she didn't want it to be a thing and they told her to gently caress off really rudely.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Yeah, Tahm continues to have an incredibly good base skin and ok to not good alternate skins. The other three are incredible however

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I really need that Draven skin, and I am glad I am learning him

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Servaetes posted:

Yeah, Tahm continues to have an incredibly good base skin and ok to not good alternate skins. The other three are incredible however

I like master chef :(

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I had to play scuttle crab in ranked today and I'm not exactly thrilled about it

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I hope the Draven says the normal lines, but replaces every word with "Draven" like when Malkovich goes inside his own head

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
How is Thresh in this meta?

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?

Lady Naga posted:

How is Thresh in this meta?

Thresh is never not strong. Lantern is just such a crazy repositioning tool to have in a supports kit.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Daemonlasher posted:

Thresh is never not strong. Lantern is just such a crazy repositioning tool to have in a supports kit.

The question is, is it strong when people don't know wh at the gently caress it does?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lantern still has a shield.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Lady Naga posted:

The question is, is it strong when people don't know wh at the gently caress it does?

I don't know how to put this nicely, so, if you just hit 30 last week then you won't have any idea what Thresh does. The question isn't whether he's "strong" (he is), it's whether you can play him effectively. By all means, try him out when he's free, but he's the most complex support to play and it's not particularly close.

edit: sorry, you're not 30 yet. My mistake. The "meta" has absolutely no relevance to your games

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I like master chef :(

Oh it's plenty good, don't get me wrong, but I think like the past 5 or 6 champs have had really really good base appearances. Kalista's Blood Moon skin is way better than her base though.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

kingcobweb posted:

I don't know how to put this nicely, so, if you just hit 30 last week then you won't have any idea what Thresh does. The question isn't whether he's "strong" (he is), it's whether you can play him effectively. By all means, try him out when he's free, but he's the most complex support to play and it's not particularly close.

edit: sorry, you're not 30 yet. My mistake. The "meta" has absolutely no relevance to your games

It was mostly a theoretical question, I like knowing where people stand even if it's not relevant to me personally.

Also FWIW I own Thresh & have played him & he's cool and I like him.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

There are very few champions who aren't actually viable in their main role if you want to play them, flavor of the month notwithstanding.

Like if you aren't playing Ryze or Azir you're probably fine.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Thresh is intentionally tuned a bit low so you have to be fairly on point with your plays for him to be better than an 'easier' support. Same deal as other popular mechanically difficult champions like Lee Sin, Leblanc etc, they have to balance them as if people are playing them close to perfect or else they'll be OP at the highest levels of play where that's actually the case.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
The only thing I don't like about Thresh I that I absolutely hate skills in pretty much every game that require you to be facing away from your opponent to be any good.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

So the weird thing for me is I can see what Ao Shin would've looked like if he had Aurelion Sol's kit. Stars becoming tornadoes, his q becomes a Thunder-cloud and his ultimate is just a massive gust of wind. Either way I'm kind of looking forward to a mage with a pretty basic kit, hopefully the big star dragon doesn't suck so I can enjoy his voice and personality.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Lady Naga posted:

The only thing I don't like about Thresh I that I absolutely hate skills in pretty much every game that require you to be facing away from your opponent to be any good.

you can cast flay in either direction from yourself if that's what you mean, it doesn't matter which direction you're facing

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Lady Naga posted:

It was mostly a theoretical question, I like knowing where people stand even if it's not relevant to me personally.

Also FWIW I own Thresh & have played him & he's cool and I like him.

Okay. As far as meta champs for support just go here: http://champion.gg/statistics/#?sortBy=general.playPercent&order=descend&roleSort=Support

Down to #14 I expect any decent support or adc player to have a ton of games playing against those champs and know what they do. Any of them down to #23 are reasonable support picks that wouldn't raise an eyebrow from me. Everything else is non-meta, garbage, or both

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Tales of Woe posted:

you can cast flay in either direction from yourself if that's what you mean, it doesn't matter which direction you're facing

Well yeah but only one of those directions is a pull and you have to be facing away to use it. There's a similar skill in Smite where it's a mediocre escape but if you face away from a dude it becomes a gap closer and I hate that skill too.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Lady Naga posted:

Well yeah but only one of those directions is a pull and you have to be facing away to use it. There's a similar skill in Smite where it's a mediocre escape but if you face away from a dude it becomes a gap closer and I hate that skill too.

No you don't, you just click behind you. There are very few skills that facing matters on in League (Corki, Rumble, and for enemies Cassio)

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Lady Naga posted:

If you target flay behind you, you can pull a guy that you're facing. Like, click the mouse behind your champ (so that the blue box is still over the enemy) instead of clicking on who you want to flay.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Yes but it requires a modicum of thought to use and as such I think it's bad.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Lady Naga posted:

Yes but it requires a modicum of thought to use and as such I think it's bad.

Yeah don't play Thresh

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

kingcobweb posted:

No you don't, you just click behind you. There are very few skills that facing matters on in League (Corki, Rumble, and for enemies Cassio)

Shaco's backstab damage too, not sure why that's still in the game but it feels very antiquated

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I don't even know why I own Thresh. The problem with half-playing League and then coming back every few years is that more than half the champs I own I don't even remember why I bought them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Thresh is still strong but I think anyone who can play him competently will get more mileage out of playing something easier and more more straightforward like janner or leoner or moganer

• Locked thread