Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

kalstrams posted:

You accrue some 10 millions by level 50 or so even if you don't do anything particular and aren't all that lucky.
As far as I've talked to people, 40-50 black stones seem to be okay amount to use to get green weapon from +14 to +15, if one isn't failstacking, hence I infer some 2% there. Yeah, I'm aware that this is not how statistics work, but :effort:. 10% is very generous even for pre-post-+15, in my opinion, given that half of post-50 goons have had 20-ish fails on pre-+14 items at one or another stage.

Also, never not failstack. Don't be superstitious video gamer, for the love of god.
Yeah, Yuria is green (white items are mostly random trash without any effects) weapon so it makes total sense, and should be desirable, to get it to +15 (or whatever you feel like is enough for you), and only then make and remake it into blue until you roll it yellow.

I can hear your accent through your posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Drythe posted:

I can hear your accent through your posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcTaaBeuEnY

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe

Eonwe posted:

hello, I don't know all the officers in ParksandRec but you can try whispering Grithok

I should get home in 5 hours and you can whisper me then if we still have a spot.

thank you~

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Your people have such an elegant way with words

Post a kabab bucket, google is failing me. I want to see this meat pit

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I just found out the horse music is different depending on the part of the world you're in. That's pretty dope.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Drythe posted:

Your people have such an elegant way with words

Post a kabab bucket, google is failing me. I want to see this meat pit

Not mine, this is way too watery, but yeah.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Well, I'm hungry

Luffles
Jul 25, 2007

The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame
I had a shiver pass through me while looking at that concoction. Probably unrelated.

Aletoria
Apr 5, 2015

hi. yes. hi.
Just attempted to join a random guild. worst mistake in my entire life. is it on the Croxus server everyone's playing?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Aletoria posted:

Just attempted to join a random guild. worst mistake in my entire life. is it on the Croxus server everyone's playing?

there will be a lot of goons saying READ THE OP, but I am not one of them

quote:

Goontang and ParksandRec are on Orwen/Balenos 02. SFD is on Edan. Check link below for the guest pass (trial) thread

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Aletoria posted:

SFD is on Edan, most other goons are on Orwen, Balenos 2.

Luffles
Jul 25, 2007

The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame

Aletoria posted:

lewtt posted:

:eonwe:Goontang and ParksandRec are on Orwen/Balenos 02. SFD is on Edan. Check link below for the guest pass (trial) thread.:eonwe:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3766704

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Luffles posted:

I had a shiver pass through me while looking at that concoction. Probably unrelated.
That's alright, it has no right to be so watery, and the cut looks rather terrible too.

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

Nice Place for fishing.

Resource Abundant! close to main town too.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Luffles posted:

To expand a bit here, this is how a reasonably good cut of beef looks shortly prior to going onto the grill, same dish.

That's slightly more than 7 pounds of rib-eye steak after a night outside under compression in mineral water with oil and herbal spices. I had rather limited in supplies at a time, so these, and the other 7 pounds of it, were marinated in separate cake carriers.

PSA: Don't use beef for this kind of kebab unless you must (we had a guy allergic to pork). Pork is fine, buy lamb if you cook for Eonwe. If you want chicken, go to KFC and take nuggets or something.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Mar 8, 2016

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm currently fishing near the orc encampment, surrounded by lizards in the river but safe on a rock.

Rocks you can climb are good :v:

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

DancingShade posted:

I'm currently fishing near the orc encampment, surrounded by lizards in the river but safe on a rock.

Rocks you can climb are good :v:

The ability to climb stuff in this game in general is pretty great.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

Are the investment banking options different for each town's bank, or do the investment method/instruments change randomly? When do you start really snowballing on that passive silver generation with low-risk investments? 2-4M+?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

kalstrams posted:

To expand a bit here, this is how a reasonably good cut of beef looks shortly prior to going onto the grill, same dish.

That's slightly more than 7 pounds of rib-eye steak after a night outside under compression in mineral water with oil and herbal spices. I had rather limited in supplies at a time, so these, and the other 7 pounds of it, were marinated in separate cake carriers.

PSA: Don't use beef for this kind of kebab unless you must (we had a guy allergic to pork). Pork is fine, buy lamb if you cook for Eonwe. If you want chicken, go to KFC and take nuggets or something.

this is a much better looking dish than the first one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i dont know what kind of kebab I like the most

pork
beef
lamb
chicken

its whatever, they are all different and they are all good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
chicken kebabs are good I mean to say, if they are not overcooked

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
my ideal and carb filled meal

beef or lamb kebab
greek style potatoes
hummus & pita

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Eonwe posted:

my ideal and carb filled meal

beef or lamb kebab
greek style potatoes
hummus & pita
Whoa, fellow connoisseur. My hangover carboner, in ideal world, would be lamb kebab, with fresh vegetables and both hummus and tzatziki, in lafah bread.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I used to work for a greek guy who moved here when he was 18 and id go to greek / mediterranean places I would never have chosen myself and eaten things I would not have tried and im glad of that happening

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Greek food is very pro, had pleasure of living with Greek guy who actually has an idea about cooking. Especially Greek frappe, it's just perfect when it gets warm.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
So I clicked on edan server, but now there are like 10 sub-servers to choose or something? Which one are goons on?

Played an hour now, game seems like ff14 and archage had a baby, but without laggy combat (but a lot of button combos to memorize? ugh, this is a mmo not street fighter)

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Mar 9, 2016

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

effectual posted:

So I clicked on edan server, but now there are like 10 sub-servers to choose or something? Which one are goons on?

As far as I can tell, Edan is the server and everything under it is basically a channel. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I could see my characters in other subservers under the same server but not under a different top-level server

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Yeah, it doesn't matter where you create the character, since you can change channels each 15 minutes.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Yo so if you talk to those worker guys out in fields? You know, the npcs that are workers who the game tells you "hey this guy can hook you up with some SKILLED motherfuckers?" Those guys? Yeah, you get yellow workers from them which seems good.

But they're the NPC. You hire THEM to help you out for beer. I think I'm gonna do this for all my workers now on, cause this feels much less exploitative.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Grondoth posted:

Yo so if you talk to those worker guys out in fields? You know, the npcs that are workers who the game tells you "hey this guy can hook you up with some SKILLED motherfuckers?" Those guys? Yeah, you get yellow workers from them which seems good.

But they're the NPC. You hire THEM to help you out for beer. I think I'm gonna do this for all my workers now on, cause this feels much less exploitative.

You have to build up Amity for those and theyre not necessarily better than the ones you hire. I got the human hireable (giant descendant) for velia but both of the yellow humans I've gotten have been better. Supposedly you can't tier them up to orange, so that may be relevant.

epicaricacy
Jan 19, 2015

Can I get a guild invite?

IGN: Moryggan Selestine

Orwen, Balenos 2

epicaricacy fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Mar 9, 2016

Strategy
Jul 1, 2002
Anyone else playing a sorc having problems with black wave? It only seems to work about 1 out of 3 times.

I press S+RMB and then hold LMB immediately after while still pressing S, it either works or just keeps casting Absolute Darkness.

What am I doing wrong?

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Strategy posted:

Anyone else playing a sorc having problems with black wave? It only seems to work about 1 out of 3 times.

I press S+RMB and then hold LMB immediately after while still pressing S, it either works or just keeps casting Absolute Darkness.

What am I doing wrong?

It might be latency, I have a hard time with residual lightning not going off when I try to cast it.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

epicaricacy posted:

Orwen, Balenos 2

You're going to get yelled at

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

effectual posted:

Played an hour now, game seems like ff14 and archage had a baby, but without laggy combat (but a lot of button combos to memorize? ugh, this is a mmo not street fighter)

Lol you seem really dumb

epicaricacy posted:

Orwen, Balenos 2

You send us a tell or we can't invite you. That is how this works.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
yo any old lineage 2 goons playing this

Wassbix? Amazonianus? Man from web? Vire?

I wanna know how accurate these claims that it's got that L2 pvp feel are

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

yo any old lineage 2 goons playing this

Wassbix? Amazonianus? Man from web? Vire?

I wanna know how accurate these claims that it's got that L2 pvp feel are
I'm neither of your buddies, but I've played quite some L2 from 2006 to 2010. As a sidenote, the guilds are capped at 100 people and there are no alliances, which can make politics weird at a time. As far as PvP goes, main differences are in that territorial conquest (nodes; castles) is less important than in Lineage 2, players under 45 can't attack or be attacked by other players, and the karma/PK system is, in my opinion, worse (no autoflag for PvP (direct karma penalty instead), death doesn't affect negative karma, low PK tolerance) than that of Lineage 2. Territorial wars are fun nonetheless. Open world (anywhere outside cities basically) PvP is a bit trickier - if you have lots of wars with active guilds, then it's Lineage 2 down to your inner blyat with lovely wars killing your mobs in every of literally 10 viable endgame grinding spots. If you don't, or just want to repeatedly PK, then it's similar to L2 again, only grind back to normal karma can be slower, and you lose your enchantment levels, not items, on death with negative karma. You can flag for PvP but people here bait worse that people back in 2006 did, with their honourable forest 1v1 given the presence of camouflage suits in game. PvP in general, as far as getting stronger goes, is very similar to Lineage 2 - item dependant, so go farm spots and (partially) open world bosses, and sometimes craft. Dynamics, however, are a bit different - since there are no support classes, there's no poo poo like off-party support stack running in windows #2 to #5; since the trading is limited, you may have to craft alchemy/food (buffs) yourself. Early on HP pots rule, eventually gear eclipses any healing and it becomes a game until second hit, unless you're one of three tankier classes. There are no duels or arenas like L2 olympics, but there are arena areas for duelling (if this makes sense :v:). We might get proper duels, also a weird open world battleground system. Sieges each week, nodes and castles on separate days, guild owns either castle or bunch of nodes, sieges for either FFAs until last man standing, essentially.

There's also a location that feels painfully close to Dragon's Valley (other than being a forest I guess :v:). And some towns feel similar to Lineage 2 too, much like rest of the world in, albeit limited, some sense too. Also loving Hawks everywhere.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Mar 9, 2016

9foxtails
Jan 13, 2016
I'm liking the game so far. To me it seems this game is a hybrid of monster hunter and harvest moon. I know it is way to early to start talking about end game, but what is in store for goontang? Territorial conquest, market fuckery?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

prinnylaharl posted:

gently caress worrying about any of the end game poo poo like enchanting, get on the Exploit and fish all day or fight for the title of weedlord on rankings, or make your house the prettiest goddamn thing, or loving sperg out and connect EVERY loving THING, or learn how to punch every monster in the dick better, or become a trade baron and buy what the gently caress ever you want.

Everyone keeps bringing up end game but this isn't one of the games where you have to try and push for end game to have fun and when you eventually do want to do that push you will have a lot of money to do so with.

The Exploit II is in production. o9

HMS General_Buttnaked should enter service in two more days. Need to finish making plywood!