Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

kalvick posted:

DONT BRING THAT UP!!!!! I missed the boat to get a replacements during the recall / notice that went out!

Was this only on 2000s? How would one tell if it was done on a car you just got?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

RFC2324 posted:

Was this only on 2000s? How would one tell if it was done on a car you just got?

Left is plastic, right is aluminum.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!

Get you a Bullitt intake, it adds extra suspense to plug changes!

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

frozenphil posted:

Left is plastic, right is aluminum.

Is it only GTs that had this problem? I checked my 2000 and the manifold doesn't look like either of these.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

RFC2324 posted:

Is it only GTs that had this problem? I checked my 2000 and the manifold doesn't look like either of these.
I'm not sure what the V6 intake looked like, but the GT (V8) intake is the specific one that has an issue.

Sorry, kalvick - do like I did, run it til it cracks, patch it, drive it another 12k miles, have it blow out, buy the ford racing replacement. :q:

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

thebigcow posted:

Get you a Bullitt intake, it adds extra suspense to plug changes!

:stare:

Yup, sure do appreciate that carburetor I have...

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
The front plug on the passenger side isn't too bad, the next two are covered by part of the intake and required some extensions with joints, the one by the firewall is buried under black hose and required a weird mess of things that I thought I saved a picture of. Here's me after the whole thing went pear shaped and I had no light.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

thebigcow posted:

The front plug on the passenger side isn't too bad, the next two are covered by part of the intake and required some extensions with joints, the one by the firewall is buried under black hose and required a weird mess of things that I thought I saved a picture of. Here's me after the whole thing went pear shaped and I had no light.

hahahaha this is amazing.

Plastic is great if done right. Nice and light vs. the 20 lbs manifolds of old.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Larrymer posted:

hahahaha this is amazing.

Plastic is great if done right. Nice and light vs. the 20 lbs manifolds of old.

The problem with plastic is that it doesn't like years of heat cycling. It eventually becomes brittle and cracks.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

frozenphil posted:

The problem with plastic is that it doesn't like years of heat cycling. It eventually becomes brittle and cracks.
Yeah. It's great if you're not running coolant to it, less so if you are.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Edit: doh

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Krakkles posted:

Yeah. It's great if you're not running coolant to it, less so if you are.

Fairly certain this is where my coolant has been gradually disappearing to.

While I was looking for the leak, I found a cache of peanuts. Stupid squirrels.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

clutchpuck posted:

Fairly certain this is where my coolant has been gradually disappearing to.

While I was looking for the leak, I found a cache of peanuts. Stupid squirrels.

I was replacing a blinker bulb, and found a socket wrench.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Ford May Introduce Next-Gen Mustang Two Years Ahead of Schedule

:monocle:

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI
http://stores.ebay.com/Discount-Tir...53D991702936950

Discount Tires Direct is offering 100 dollars INSTANT rebate on purchases more than $400 from their eBay store. Code is CTIRES316

You can keep using the code over and over again. Split those purchases up people!

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Okay then, guess I'll be driving my 2011 until that comes out... I wasn't particularly tempted to upgrade anyway, and knowing (suspecting) something new is that close makes me even less tempted.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

Captain Apollo posted:

http://stores.ebay.com/Discount-Tir...53D991702936950

Discount Tires Direct is offering 100 dollars INSTANT rebate on purchases more than $400 from their eBay store. Code is CTIRES316

You can keep using the code over and over again. Split those purchases up people!

Holy poo poo perfect timing, I am in desperate need of new tires. Thank you!

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I wonder if I can get them to mount and balance wheels to tires on 2 separate orders...

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI

Larrymer posted:

I wonder if I can get them to mount and balance wheels to tires on 2 separate orders...

I ordered 2 sets of 2. They show up the same day, I don't expect them to make any fuss or notice at all!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
This weekend can't come soon enough. Weather is finally above 50 degrees and the street parking ban is being lifted. Got new front tires to put on, new aluminum louvers to throw on, already installed some new headlights (again), just gotta do an oil change and maybe some fresh trans fluid and I'll be good for the season.

I already started planning my next roadtrip. Two years ago it was the Adirondacks and last year it was Virginia. Not sure which direction I want to head this year. If I go N its Canada, and if I go W its like chicago.

Cage fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Mar 8, 2016

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Cage posted:

This weekend can't come soon enough. Weather is finally above 50 degrees and the street parking ban is being lifted. Got new front tires to put on, new aluminum louvers to throw on, already installed some new headlights (again), just gotta do an oil change and maybe some fresh trans fluid and I'll be good for the season.

I already started planning my next roadtrip. Two years ago it was the Adirondacks and last year it was Virginia. Not sure which direction I want to head this year. If I go N its Canada, and if I go W its like chicago.

HAHA gonna drive somewhere fun and exciting!? Those pictures look like 2 different cars!
this year, I want to get coil overs but I dont know if I can really afford them this year, I SPENT a poo poo ton of money on a new computer so I can play games all day :)

Also my car wont come out of storage until the end of March, and its 60 right now where I live in CT.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Man louvers look good on that generation. I like louvers in general but they look so bad on the s550.

I have a pretty long list of things I want to do this summer also but god knows if I'll get around to it/have the money.
Got my wheels and tires coming this month, next month I'm hoping to do cold side pipe and HKS bov swap(stock bpv is terrible It's time to get something good).
Maybe in may I'll be able to do suspension, the koni yellows are supposed to finally be out then. No real plans after that but I have a custom wastegate coming from tune+ at some point so Ill install that and probably retune.
I'd like to do MGW shifter install and maybe meth or downpipe also. So much to do so little money :smith:

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

PT6A posted:

Okay then, guess I'll be driving my 2011 until that comes out... I wasn't particularly tempted to upgrade anyway, and knowing (suspecting) something new is that close makes me even less tempted.

It's probably going to be a face lift. I wouldn't expect an entirely new platform.

Though, I'm still hoping for a 2.7 Ecoboost option.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
My guess (and that's all it is) would be an evolution of the S550 chassis using the F-150s Aluminum tech.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Q_res posted:

My guess (and that's all it is) would be an evolution of the S550 chassis using the F-150s Aluminum tech.
This is what I expect. Facelift, aluminum body, intro an ecoboost 6 (if it's not introduced with the 10sp auto for MY2018).

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Turbo V6 could be pretty baller.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Vahakyla posted:

Turbo V6 could be pretty baller.
Could be, but it won't be long until the GT is a turbo 6 and its only the special editions that get a V8.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass

Buhbuhj posted:

Man louvers look good on that generation. I like louvers in general but they look so bad on the s550.

I have a pretty long list of things I want to do this summer also but god knows if I'll get around to it/have the money.
Got my wheels and tires coming this month, next month I'm hoping to do cold side pipe and HKS bov swap(stock bpv is terrible It's time to get something good).
Maybe in may I'll be able to do suspension, the koni yellows are supposed to finally be out then. No real plans after that but I have a custom wastegate coming from tune+ at some point so Ill install that and probably retune.
I'd like to do MGW shifter install and maybe meth or downpipe also. So much to do so little money :smith:

I'd like to hear about the tune+ waste gate when you get it on I missed out on the sale, I guess he is making them to order and when they're gone tough tits.
Yes a thousand times on the BOV my stock one is driving me insane with my MMR intake and I can't decide BOV by itself or get the charge pipe too, I'm looking at HKS and the Turbosmart.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

BrownieVK posted:

I'd like to hear about the tune+ waste gate when you get it on I missed out on the sale, I guess he is making them to order and when they're gone tough tits.
Yes a thousand times on the BOV my stock one is driving me insane with my MMR intake and I can't decide BOV by itself or get the charge pipe too, I'm looking at HKS and the Turbosmart.

I just grabbed the last of his pregapped denso plugs also. My car has been idling weird and I'm hoping it's just the lovely stock plugs.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

ilkhan posted:

Could be, but it won't be long until the GT is a turbo 6 and its only the special editions that get a V8.

Since Ford has hinted the GT500 might be a TT V6 then yes, thats probably the case.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
GT500 should be twin turbo voodoo engine imo. Let's go all out.

whoisjasonk
Jun 30, 2010

Ninja Editor
Fun Shoe

Buhbuhj posted:

I will rob a bank.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Buhbuhj posted:

I would probably order one day-one. Not even joking.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Digital_Jesus posted:

Since Ford has hinted the GT500 might be a TT V6 then yes, thats probably the case.
Same as the Raptor/GT? Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Yeah they've been testing a TT V6 rolling around town a few times in a mustang body. Rumor is it'll be the 700+ HP engine they stuff in the 2018 GT500s. Considering people have been pushing the ecos north of 600hp now it wouldn't be surprising at all. They'll be ahead of the hellcats with better fuel consumption and emissions.

I think we're slowly coming to the end of natural aspiration V8s as anything other than limited edition stuff. GUBERNMENT KEEPIN US DOWN.

Digital_Jesus fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Mar 10, 2016

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
Last of the V8 interceptors :(

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

thebigcow posted:

Last of the V8 interceptors :(
I always secretly wanted this badge, but would never do it:

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Isn't there a rumor that the next GT500 is going to be TTV6 and AWD?

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI
Regarding DiscountTireChat

Discount Tire just mounted the tires I had shipped to them. I didn't have any problems what so ever.

The employees were a little nervous about having tires shipped to them from DTD because they are separate companies and don't get alerts or invoices or anything. I called them the day they were to arrive at the store. I had two shipped to the store, and accidentally had two shipped to my house.

I don't think I would do it any differently if I did it again, but just give them a call the day they are due to arrive and make an appointment to install them the next day.

Paid 818 for 4 of the Michael Pilot Sport A/S 3, and 100 bucks in mounting, balancing, and tire pressure fees, and disposal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Tide posted:

Isn't there a rumor that the next GT500 is going to be TTV6 and AWD?

There have been rumors about both of those, together and separately. The TTV6 I assume because of the new GT. The AWD rumors really kicked up when the GT350 showed with splined front hubs.