Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Baloogan posted:

oh no we have to arrest them all individually and give every soldier and officer and citizen a trial otherwise it would be wrong to kill them

Things said about Americans after 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
bring it peckerwoods

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Baloogan posted:

bring it peckerwoods

You won't be so tough when Hillary takes your guns

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Helical Nightmares posted:

Re: Trump and the Military Industrial Complex.

http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2016/03/02/trump-is-right-about-defense-spending-and-that-should-scare-you/

Opinion piece by Matthew Gault is a defense reporter for War Is Boring. He produces and co-hosts "War College," Reuters' military podcast

I like Gault a lot, and his podcast is great, but I wouldn't read this as an endorsement of Trump in anything other than the broad platitude that defense acquisition is out of control. I mean, no poo poo Sherlock - that's something that the DoD's been increasingly forthright about for the last few years. The problem is, where do you start? Congress isn't going to stop colluding with defense contractors just because a president grandstands against them. Obama and Bob Gates tried to kill the F-35 in 2010 - and the Senate pushed it through anyway.

Pork finds a way:

quote:

Workers in 45 states are involved in producing aircraft, including 40,000 in Texas, where Lockheed’s production line is based. That assures the program will enjoy solid support in the U.S. Congress, so much so that Bloomberg News two years ago declared that the aircraft is “too big to kill” despite its costly delays due to repeated design and software issues.

So it seems unlikely to me that Trump will be able to reduce defense acquisition without help from Congress, which probably won't be forthcoming.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

You won't be so tough when Hillary takes your guns

all my guns are what the government of canada considers "non-restricted"

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
We're having a very High Energy night everyone, it looks like Trump could sweep it all. But don't get complacent! Trump (doesn't) need our donations (because he's self-funding)! I am going to donate $0 for every state he wins, and I will double that if he wins them all. Will anyone match me?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
MATCHED !!!!!!!!~!!~!~!!

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
don't forget to phone bank!

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Does phone banking for Trump mean telling strangers disparaging things about Marco Rubio's size cuz that could be fun.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

TheReverend posted:

Does phone banking for Trump mean telling strangers disparaging things about Marco Rubio's size cuz that could be fun.

no
wtf

its shouting TRUMP into the phone

then hanging it up high energyly

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I just got home so I missed the beginning, but Trump is explaining all of his businesses that Romney mentioned while holding a Trump Magazine standing next to a display of Trump Wine, Trump Water, and Trump Steaks.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Trump

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Baloogan posted:

no
wtf

its shouting TRUMP into the phone

then hanging it up high energyly

TRUMP needs to patent a vuvuzela that turns any sound you scream into it a long massive "Truuuuuuuuuuup!"

Un-l337-Pork
Sep 9, 2001

Oooh yeah...

I honestly pity the people who think Trump is Hitler 2.0 or whatever. This is a great businessman who loves America and is trying to rebuild it. Yes, he is crass, but so what? We need someone who tells it like it is. America is sick and tired of the bullshit that Hillary and Sanders and Rubio, etc... spout all day long: we like someone who is straightforward like Trump. He knows how to get stuff done -- how many of the other candidates have ever hired anyone, or run a business?? Exactly. Trump is calling out the stupidity of government that we all know exists and he is going to do something about it!

Donald Kimball
Sep 2, 2011

PROUD FATHER OF THIS TURD ------>

What is the TRUMP! *click* thing from?

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Un-l337-Pork posted:

I honestly pity the people who think Trump is Hitler 2.0 or whatever. This is a great businessman who loves America and is trying to rebuild it. Yes, he is crass, but so what? We need someone who tells it like it is. America is sick and tired of the bullshit that Hillary and Sanders and Rubio, etc... spout all day long: we like someone who is straightforward like Trump. He knows how to get stuff done -- how many of the other candidates have ever hired anyone, or run a business?? Exactly. Trump is calling out the stupidity of government that we all know exists and he is going to do something about it!

Hillary Clinton helped run Walmart where she hired people at poverty wages and increased the numbers of female managers because they could get away with paying them less than men. As secretary of state she helped continue to keep their costs down by forcing Haiti to abandon a minimum wage increase for their workers.

Donald Trump created well-paid jobs, many of them unionized, in the productive construction industry.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

https://twitter.com/KatyTurNBC/status/707358990485815296

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Un-l337-Pork posted:

I honestly pity the people who think Trump is Hitler 2.0 or whatever.

I don't, because Trump has rendered the Deus Ex Machina tactic of :godwin: by the left/globalists all but useless.

smokyprogg
Apr 9, 2008

BROKEN DOWN!
MISSION FAILED

Donald Kimball posted:

When answering phone polls, Trump supporters are the most likely to just yell their preferred candidate's name and immediately hang up before answering anything else iirc

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

The Saurus posted:

Hillary Clinton helped run Walmart where she hired people at poverty wages and increased the numbers of female managers because they could get away with paying them less than men. As secretary of state she helped continue to keep their costs down by forcing Haiti to abandon a minimum wage increase for their workers.

Donald Trump created well-paid jobs, many of them unionized, in the productive construction industry.

its funny how trump can attack from both the left and the right. he truly is the chaos candidate

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Donald Kimball posted:

Someone in this thread or the main GOP one talked about their experience working for a polling firm. Apparently a lot of Trump voters would just yell his name down the line and hang up without answering more questions.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-idUSKCN0WA19S

Trump wins Michigan, Mississippi as four U.S. states vote

quote:

Republican front-runner Donald Trump rolled to primary wins in the big prize of Michigan and in Mississippi on Tuesday, brushing off a week of blistering attacks from the party's establishment to expand his lead in the White House nominating race.

Trump's convincing win in Michigan restored his outsider campaign's momentum and increased the pressure on the party's anti-Trump forces to find a way to stop his march to the nomination ahead of several key contests next week.

Trump built his victories in the industrial Midwest and the Deep South with broad appeal across many demographics, winning evangelical Christians, Republicans, independents, those who wanted an outsider and those who said they were angry about how the federal government is working, exit polls showed.

At a news conference afterward, Trump said he was drawing new voters to the Republican Party and the establishment figures that are resisting his campaign should save their money and focus on beating the Democrats in November.

"I hope Republicans will embrace it," Trump said of his campaign. "We have something going that is so good, we should grab each other and unify the party."

He mocked rivals John Kasich, the Ohio governor; Ted Cruz, a U.S. senator from Texas; and Marco Rubio, a U.S. senator from Florida, and suggested they had little hope going forward.

He took particular aim at Cruz, who split four nominating contests on Saturday with Trump and positioned himself as the prime alternative to the brash New York billionaire in the race to be the party's candidate in the Nov. 8 election.

"Ted is going to have a hard time," Trump said of Cruz. "He rarely beats me."

The Michigan victory sets Trump up for a potentially decisive day of voting a week from Tuesday. On March 15, Ohio, Florida, Illinois, Missouri and North Carolina - like Michigan, states rich in the delegates who will select their party's nominee at July's Republican National Convention - cast ballots.

The Republican contests in Florida and Ohio award all the state's delegates to the winner. If Trump, 69, could sweep those two states and pile up delegates elsewhere next week, it could knock home-state favorites Rubio and Kasich out of the race and make it tough for Cruz to catch him.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

thats a pretty good picture. they should use that

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Narciss posted:

an increasingly moderate GOP.

:stare:

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Terror Sweat posted:

thats a pretty good picture. they should use that

I just noticed the water bottle in the background.

I can't stop thinking it's a Rubio reference. :laugh:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Majorian posted:

If anything, you should probably hit me on feeling overly confident that there won't be a Trump presidency. Because I'm pretty drat confident.:laugh:

Good. Then toxx yourself if you are so confident there will not be a Trump presidency.

Chickenshit.

Jared Kush
Mar 4, 2015

by zen death robot

Those steaks are getting absolutely destroyed.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

The Human Crouton posted:

I just got home so I missed the beginning, but Trump is explaining all of his businesses that Romney mentioned while holding a Trump Magazine standing next to a display of Trump Wine, Trump Water, and Trump Steaks.

I've grown to appreciate the way Trump goes out of his way to attack people who attack him first.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

fyi you're talking to narciss, who is has made his posting career on on spouting every single right wing talking point

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Un-l337-Pork posted:

This is a great businessman who loves America and is trying to rebuild it.

Why does America need to be rebuilt? When did it get torn down?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

ScrubLeague posted:

We do have a section of the country called "The Rust Belt".

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

ScrubLeague posted:

Infrastructure is crumbling, manufacturing is leaving/has left, communities are eroding...it all needs revitalization and Trump is the man for the job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Extending the useful life of infrastructure and outsourcing jobs to countries with cheaper labor costs are positive efforts made by profit-seeking businesses. How is a profit-seeking businessman the one to stop that?

• Locked thread