Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

NESguerilla posted:

You had a phase where you thought potatoes were funny?

It was a thing back in middle/early highschool at least where I grew up. Not me personally, but if you ever interacted with theater kids/goths back then everything was potato this llama that. Basic "monkey cheese" stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
The potato famine was pretty hilarious

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

FAROOQ posted:

The potato famine was pretty hilarious

No, it wasn't because there were no potatoes. Are you even paying attention?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

jodai posted:

No, it wasn't because there were no potatoes. Are you even paying attention?

You mean it was just a regular famine? loving irish

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
All potatoes in Ireland died because they had nothing to eat.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Paladinus posted:

All potatoes in Ireland died because they had nothing to eat.

What do potatoes even eat?

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Just going to leave my pills in a place my dog can get them, this is a good plan

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Murphy Brownback posted:

Some scholarships require a 2.5-3.0 average, but it's still clearly made up.

And yeah I saw that dog one in the cute pictures thread and it just got less believable as the replies kept coming. It would've almost been believable if they had just stopped at the potato, but no, I guess they weren't getting enough likes/whatever so they had to add the pill bottles and the extra potato, then jack it up into the stratosphere of unbelievability with the "lol i don't even have potatoes" thing. Sounds like someone never grew out of their "lol potatoes are random and funny" phase. Might as well have brought her a spork too.

Judging by how dirty the carpet is, the potatoes and pill bottles were laying there the whole time and the dog has been sitting there staring at them wanting to go outside for the past hour.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Also the pills and potatoes are in a very neat pile

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

What do potatoes even eat?

Don't you want to know :unsmigghh:

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Pipistrelle posted:

Yeah I saw this one in the cute pictures thread and thought it might be believable until it got to the part about not owning potatoes. I read an article about a person who had a service dog because they have epilepsy. The dog could sense when they were going to have a seizure before it happened and could get the person to a safe place. They talked about one time they were going to have a seizure in a store, so the dog took them to the aisle with the styrofoam to-go containers, because in the dog's mind that mean treats which means safe. I assumed this story was similar, in that the dog's mind made some weird connection with potatoes=good or something. But then they just had to go and be all lol rAndOM!

OMG.

That was me and my late, great seizure alerter Mia. Mia knew those white boxes held everything good, so she took me to them for safety.

I lost her in August to a brain aneurysm. She was 15.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
This woman, who has had a legit career, apparently is a high functioning crazy person.
She answers someone's quora question for true scary stories with this:
https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-creepiest-thing-that-has-ever-actually-happened-to-you/answer/Michealene-Cristini-Risley
- someone (APPLE?) sends a kill voltage through her phone
- someone (Tim Cook?) snuck into her house and put a post-it note warning on her letter to Apple complaining about the phone
- she decided to give up making documentaries because of this unknown threat

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

kimbo305 posted:

This woman, who has had a legit career, apparently is a high functioning crazy person.
She answers someone's quora question for true scary stories with this:
https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-creepiest-thing-that-has-ever-actually-happened-to-you/answer/Michealene-Cristini-Risley
- someone (APPLE?) sends a kill voltage through her phone
- someone (Tim Cook?) snuck into her house and put a post-it note warning on her letter to Apple complaining about the phone
- she decided to give up making documentaries because of this unknown threat

That is indeed pretty CREEPY. She should be CAREFUL when dealing with APPLE in future.

"My cheap iPhone car charger zapped me and APPLE didn't do anything about it because it wasn't made by them. Clearly, this means APPLE or an international syndicate is trying to kill me."

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I hate America even more now.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

This makes me want that youtube video of the :rolleyes: smiley pouring endless tiny :rolleyes: out of its mouth, but I want it to be real and the big smiley the size of a house and to be chasing after people who shared this.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Paladinus posted:

:same:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

That is a great and awesome emoticon I didn't know existed.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

LITTLE TIMMY

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Made me laugh, at least.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

French people. Amirite?

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

If he was 83 in 2015, he would have been 12 in 1944. I didn't know American children were that hardcore back then

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

System Metternich posted:

If he was 83 in 2015, he would have been 12 in 1944. I didn't know American children were that hardcore back then

"Well Timmy, how'd you spend your day?"
"I killed ten krauts today, dad!"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
There was a Simpsons sketch with that premise, I think.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

System Metternich posted:

The image wasn't made the exact year that it happened (which was never, but you know) and it's like 10 years old by now anyway

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Paladinus posted:

Let's be honest here, America deserves that.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
A joke with unrealistic elements? Well I never! :wotwot:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
J... Joke? As if that is even a real word. English isn't my first language, please do not confused me by making up stuff that doesn't exist :ohdear:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

As a non-American, this image makes me shake my fist and hiss like a cat. So, good on Facebook for considering my feelings.

I also really hate freedom btw

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Pipistrelle
Jun 18, 2011

Seems the high horse is taking them all home

Khazar-khum posted:

OMG.

That was me and my late, great seizure alerter Mia. Mia knew those white boxes held everything good, so she took me to them for safety.

I lost her in August to a brain aneurysm. She was 15.

I'm sorry to hear about Mia, she sounded like an amazing dog! I guess I forgot where I read about her. I always thought that story was really amazing and kind of opened my eyes to how many different ways service dogs can help people.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Fake or not, I do appreciate Dad's "yeah, it's called giving birth. Get the gently caress over it" spirit

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I hope that happened because that's the exact dad I aspire to be. Stop posting and loving do literally anything to help.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

quote:

icon_badbehavior
Feel Sorry For Girls Who Actually Like Science
MIDDLE SCHOOL | NY, USA | BAD BEHAVIOR, MATH & SCIENCE, STUDENTS
(We are in seventh grade and taking an honors course. This course is at a ninth-grade level and worth a high school credit. Today we’re looking at specimens through microscopes. One girl has just taken out a tube of something I assume is Chap-Stick.)

Girl: “…and then you put the glitter on the base, and…”

Teacher: “Woah, woah woah woah woah! Stop it right there! Is that glitter glue?!”

Girl: *along with her friend* “Well, yeah.”

Teacher: “Why the h**** are you putting glitter glue in my microscope?!”

Girl: “Um, because it needed glitterizing…”

Girl’s Friend: “See? Now it looks more glamorous!”

(Thankfully, the teacher managed to wash the glitter glue off before it broke the microscope or something. The two idiots managed somehow to stay in the class, despite repeatedly pulling stunts like this. In one semester they managed to break the smart board, download a virus on the teacher’s personal laptop, and crack ceiling tiles. They also continuously did stupid “experiments” that usually involved One Direction, and continuously blasted Taylor Swift from their phones.)

GIRLS, amirite?

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012

Thank goodness they didn't offer the title with entry level pay.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

The Bee posted:

GIRLS, amirite?

So they're putting glitter on a microscope base and this clown is all "thankfully, the teacher washed the glitter glue off before it broke the microscope or something." I too am concerned that putting glitter on the base of a microscope will somehow break it, or cause it to malfunction, "or something."

Ya fuckin dingus.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Pipistrelle posted:

I'm sorry to hear about Mia, she sounded like an amazing dog! I guess I forgot where I read about her. I always thought that story was really amazing and kind of opened my eyes to how many different ways service dogs can help people.

Thank you.

My new girl is not as accurate, but she does work. She wants me to get the puppy ready, too, so she can come home and nap. Although she's already picked up on the seizure alerting, the puppy just wants to be a whirling dervish of PLAY.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

So they're putting glitter on a microscope base and this clown is all "thankfully, the teacher washed the glitter glue off before it broke the microscope or something." I too am concerned that putting glitter on the base of a microscope will somehow break it, or cause it to malfunction, "or something."

Ya fuckin dingus.

I had no idea glitter glue was that deadly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion
Grades

quote:

This troper had a friend during school who received relatively poor grades. You wouldn't know it if you met him, though. He had enough charisma and 'people skills' to run for public office and win without any political campaigning. He also was a master at games of strategy, having once ranked 57th in the world at an Axis & Allies tournament... when he was eleven.

Write

quote:

This troper, who lacks a page, fits into this fairly well. He's been told, repeatedly, that he's a very smart cookie, has an incredible memory for facts (trying not to seem arrogant, if I am, sorry), and so on. However, he couldn't care less about his school work anymore; he's in his final year, about to graduate, and for the past three years has more or less gotten by on the ability to type quickly the night before. His parents have been told by a teacher that if his intelligence was combined with any other student in her class's diligence she'd have a superstudent. Oh, he also once managed to pull a mark of within the high ninety percents on knowledge without doing any of the required reading or even the needed excursion based on 30 minutes of chat in class. Twice. In two different subjects. Which he barely paid attention in, preferring to sit and think of stories to write than do work.

Teen

quote:

We must be related. I'm a Teen Genius (with a case of Attention Deficit Ooh Shiny) who sleepwalked through elementary and most of middle school and still got A's and B's (they apparently considered having me skip the fifth grade, but decided against it because I had behavior issues — in retrospect, doing so would probably have done me a lot of good, but I was too naïve to question their decision at the time). I'd always been an underachiever due to laziness, but this wasn't really a problem up until my school-skipping habit hit critical mass in eighth grade and I mainly just passed the year because it was more convenient for all involved than holding me back. That was three years ago, and it's only gotten worse since then; this has turned me into a nervous wreck who holds herself together through sheer force of will alone.

• Locked thread