Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Sanders winning because of Hillary supporters joke voting Trump is almost poetical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Idaho results in 1 minute, apparently. Cruz win expected.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Rachel Maddow excited for Butch Otter.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Everyone should know that we're as excited about our governor being named Butch Otter as you are.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

oystertoadfish posted:

cruz' map on the nytimes website is basically concentric circles radiating outward from holland, michigan. i think it's a pretty good picture of where the religious conservatives are in michigan.

There is a major seminary in Holland so yeah.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

QuoProQuid posted:

- Large numbers of Clinton voters getting overconfident and voting in the Republican Primary.

yeah, included that as the "'gently caress mitt' and crossover vote for Trump"

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

QuoProQuid posted:

- Large numbers of Clinton voters getting overconfident and voting in the Republican Primary.

Another possibility

quote:

CLARE MALONE 10:56 PM
We’re still waiting on the Michigan Dems’ side of the results, where the race is looking unexpectedly close between Clinton and Sanders. Exit polls coming out of the state are showing that about four in 10 Democrats said that electability and experience were most important to them — those people leaned Clinton — and six in 10 said honesty or empathy were most important, and those are people who have tended toward the Sanders side of the equation.

This, from our friends at ABC News, is interesting: “Eight in 10 voters in the Democratic contest in Michigan were more interested in an experienced candidate than in an outsider,” and although in the past Clinton has won this group by seven out of 10, her share in Michigan of this demographic is “just more than half” right now.

Could it be that some “main line” Michigan Dems — the exit polls say that seven out of 10 voters in the primary identify this way — decided that Clinton probably had things sewn up and decided to go with bit of a “heartstrings vote” in the form of Sanders? Maybe.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Sanders is the candidate of progressive ideas and Hillary is the candidate of cold electoral math. Why can the drat millennials get excited about her campaign?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

QuoProQuid posted:

Around 7% of self-identified Democrats voted in the Republican contest

The 18-35 ironic trump vote.

Swedgin
Aug 22, 2006

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/glennthrush/status/707415600776216576

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Sanders winning because of Hillary supporters joke voting Trump is almost poetical

its not joke voting, its Trump appealing to blue collar white voters who hate terrorism and terrorists more effectively than Clinton

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Can you guess which of these Idaho Gubernatorial candidates is Butch Otter?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Plinkey posted:

The 18-35 ironic trump vote.

And that was how we got President Trump.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
We will win, and we will win, and we will win, and we will win.

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
Bernie is gonna get a lot of money tonight

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Joementum posted:

All of them

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

oystertoadfish posted:

cruz' map on the nytimes website is basically concentric circles radiating outward from holland, michigan. i think it's a pretty good picture of where the religious conservatives are in michigan

and those guys weren't gonna go for kasich, i don't think. probably should've realized beforehand that trump's opposition was gonna be split between those guys for cruz and the anti-trump 'moderates' for kasich

Lol I know a guy from Holland. They have a tulip festival there

BouncingBuckyBalls
Feb 15, 2011
How about people just say Sanders is the choice of more people instead of saying Clinton voters didn't show up. Sanders is preferred in Michigan and surveys suck these days since people decided to use more cell phones over land lines.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Joementum posted:

None of the ones you'd think. That leather daddy though...

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Joementum posted:

Dunno, but is the guy on the right Bruce Campbell?

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

This. I think we're going to see a significant shift in the numbers, very quickly, as soon as Detroit itself starts reporting numbers.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sanders jumps into his beat up old 1995 Toyota and races down the campaign HQ as they take out all the sofas and FEEL THE BURN posters and calls his manager on his 2005 nokia flip phone "Jeff we actually won Michigan we can't quit now!" jeff groans as he tries to get up from under the pile of hulk comic books he drowned his sorrows in

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
basically, Trump appealed to voting base whose identity is felt to be under threat from islam, and that base, which has traditionally turned out Democratic, was pushed over the edge by Sanders' rhetoric to back Trump.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
*A man in a General Dynamics jumpsuit crouches in the back of the Sanders rally, cackling as he plays loud recordings of crickets chirping during the speech. He speaks into a wristwatch.*

"Come in, Abuela. I'm in position. The operation is under way."

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

BouncingBuckyBalls posted:

How about people just say Sanders is the choice of more people instead of saying Clinton voters didn't show up. Sanders is preferred in Michigan and surveys suck these days since people decided to use more cell phones over land lines.

Do pollsters still just use landlines? I haven't known anyone with a landline other than my inlaws in years.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Also, I hate to agree with MGIF, but the cell phone thing is a huge problem for RDD polling.

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
say it

SAY IT

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

fuckin lol

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Tigntink posted:

None of the ones you'd think. That leather daddy though...

With the winning line "I'm about as politically correct as a turd in a punch bowl"

which, tbf, had everyone I was watching that debate with dying

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Venom Snake posted:

Sanders jumps into his beat up old 1995 Toyota and races down the campaign HQ as they take out all the sofas and FEEL THE BURN posters and calls his manager on his 2005 nokia flip phone "Jeff we actually won Michigan we can't quit now!" jeff groans as he tries to get up from under the pile of hulk comic books he drowned his sorrows in

Sanders would drive the vehicle of our enemy.

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer

that guy might want to check his math again, its a total of 45k, a net of 15k

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

biznatchio posted:

This. I think we're going to see a significant shift in the numbers, very quickly, as soon as Detroit itself starts reporting numbers.

Probably Flint too?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

fknlo posted:

Another possibility

Did 35000+ people do this?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Joementum posted:

Is this an Onion photo?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Nanomashoes posted:

Did 35000+ people do this?

It's possible?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

MIGF I heard that Donald Trump has pledged to bomb Israel if elected, could I get your thoughts on this

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

"Uh... 20% of Hillary voters decided to joke vote." - Wonks We Trust For Some Reason

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is this an Onion photo?

I'll bet you think Vermin Supreme isn't real either...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

BouncingBuckyBalls posted:

actually the fact that people are remarking about how unusually badly the polls missed this one is pretty good proof that polls are generally fairly reliable

• Locked thread