Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Am I blind or does she not look that much different at all?

Also Jesus, that cashier's joke :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

poo poo now I'm back on the prosecution's side again

This show's bouncing me around man

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011
Gonna need a gif of Shapiro's thumbs up.

Tlacuache
Jul 3, 2007
Cross my heart, smack me dead, stick a lobster on my head.

That was painful. I loved it.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Also Jesus, that cashier's joke :stare:

Pretty sure she would have been justified in punching that guy. Wow

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
That cashier is the greatest person ever

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

That camerawork for the n-word scene hahahaha

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Its like the whole trial is George Costanza when he was driving the Rosses to his non-existent house in the Hamptons!

YOU WANNA GET NUTS? LET'S GET NUTS!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This is hosed up

I didn't know the media focus on her was this extreme

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Regy Rusty posted:

This is hosed up

Yeah me neither, but it also doesn't really surprise me at all. The media are loving leeches. They latch onto whatever they can get.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh, next week she has a different hairstyle!

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
was really looking forward to Fuhrman getting caught committing perjury tonight

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

That camerawork for the n-word scene hahahaha

I laugh at the camerawork at least once per episode but this was the absolute peak

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I missed the Kato scene because FX's online schedule lied about the start time. Is it worth watching in the morning?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Holy poo poo Sarah Paulson is killing it as Marcia Clark

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Regy Rusty posted:

This is hosed up

Oh it totally was.

This interview mentions it a little bit.
http://www.vulture.com/2016/03/marcia-clark-people-v-oj-simpson-episode-six.html

This show is awesome so far, but does anybody else remember watching the trial when it was going on? I grew up in Buffalo, and my parents would put on CNN or whatever just about every night to see if anything big had gone down. Hell, they announced it on the PA in my middle school when the verdict happened.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I really like how this show oscillates wildly between making me root for both sides.

edit I really need John Travolta Thumbs Up.gif in my life.

2e

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Mar 9, 2016

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

LadyPictureShow posted:

Oh it totally was.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/03/marcia-clark-people-v-oj-simpson-episode-six.html

This show is awesome so far, but does anybody else remember watching the trial when it was going on? I grew up in Buffalo, and my parents would put on CNN or whatever just about every night to see if anything big had gone down. Hell, they announced it on the PA in my middle school when the verdict happened.

I was in my early teens but yea it was all over TV, my mom had it on constantly. It really was the "trial of the century". I don't think I've ever seen a trial get as much attention. Before this show if anyone said the name Marcia Clark I'd instantly think permed hair. My mom used to have the whole loving thing on VHS.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

LadyPictureShow posted:

Oh it totally was.

I was five years old at the time. I still might have picked up on it somewhat except my parents hated the whole circus surrounding the case and deliberately avoided it. I can't remember when I first learned about it but I know in high school I became really curious about it and did a lot of reading about it. Still the show is capturing a side of things it's really hard to pick up on from reading things like Wikipedia articles. I vaguely knew there was something about Marcia Clark's hair but had no idea it was tabloids and tv shows mocking her and all this nonsense.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Henchman of Santa posted:

I missed the Kato scene because FX's online schedule lied about the start time. Is it worth watching in the morning?

??? There was no Kato scene in this episode. Unless I missed something? Guys?

Vintimus Prime posted:

I've heard the theory for a bit now and it's pretty drat sound.

Not that I have an opinion either way, but the Jason theory has mostly been dismissed as nonsense according to links on Google.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

fart blood posted:

Not that I have an opinion either way, but the Jason theory has mostly been dismissed as nonsense according to links on Google.

If by some chance OJ didn't really do it, I do believe that he knows exactly what happened that night.

I've always read OJ was the one interview Oprah really wants

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

fart blood posted:

I misread a review then. I did miss whatever the first scene was, though.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

LordPants posted:

I really like how this show oscillates wildly between making me root for both sides.

2e

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Man, FX sucks at putting new episodes up on FX Now in a timely fashion.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Kevyn posted:

Man, FX sucks at putting new episodes up on FX Now in a timely fashion.

Yup I've been waiting for it all day 🙁

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
What's with all the Clark/Darden sexual tension? Did they add that for the show? I don't remember reading anything like that in the book or ever hearing about it anywhere else.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Kevyn posted:

What's with all the Clark/Darden sexual tension? Did they add that for the show? I don't remember reading anything like that in the book or ever hearing about it anywhere else.

There were rumors during the trial that they were an item, but I don't think either of them confirmed it officially until after the trial was over. Two people cooped up like that for a while, it makes sense.

Grem posted:

I was in my early teens but yea it was all over TV, my mom had it on constantly. It really was the "trial of the century". I don't think I've ever seen a trial get as much attention. Before this show if anyone said the name Marcia Clark I'd instantly think permed hair. My mom used to have the whole loving thing on VHS.

It was on all the loving time too, for the greater part of a year. If the trial wasn't on TV at that moment, Larry King or Howard Stern were talking about it.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
There was also criticism towards Clark for making eyes at someone on the defense. The O.J. trial was when the little baby 24 hour news channels learned how to walk.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

LordPants posted:

2e
I'm surprised no one has retooled that scene of Darden writing the 'LOOKS GREAT!' on the notepad with something different by now

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm surprised no one has retooled that scene of Darden writing the 'LOOKS GREAT!' on the notepad with something different by now

That requires more skill than "just being able to point Gif Cam at the screen I'm afraid."

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

FlamingLiberal posted:

Needs a dickbutt.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Oh, next week she has a different hairstyle!

Permanent relaxer takes a while, those chemicals gotta soak

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

I loved OJ's double take when Clark walked in the courtroom with the new 'do.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

It really is crazy how sexist the OJ trial was, in retrospect

like Ito basically just went around dunkin' on clark for being a woman, poo poo was insane

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Kevyn posted:

I mean, they didn't just make it up for Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt!

I remember being, what, 12 or 13 when the trial started and I was over at my friend's house. His dad was a trial attorney and I asked him if he was excited. I'll always remember what he said because it was when I learned the term "shitshow."

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Sash! posted:

I mean, they didn't just make it up for Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt!

I remember being, what, 12 or 13 when the trial started and I was over at my friend's house. His dad was a trial attorney and I asked him if he was excited. I'll always remember what he said because it was when I learned the term "shitshow."

I got a huge kick out of their spoof in Kimmy Schmidt, especially how ineffectual they were, but kept mugging at/nudging at each other like they were doing a bang-up job. Really kind of related to how in this show (and the actual trial) they figured they had an open-and-shut case, but kept getting the rug pulled out from under them.

And in regards to the 'sexual tension', I think they both *still* refuse to comment on it in any interviews, which probably only furthers speculation. People love a good will they/won't they scenario.

Toxxupation posted:

like Ito basically just went around dunkin' on clark for being a woman, poo poo was insane

I'm an ep behind, but have they touched on how Judge Ito addressed all the attorneys during the trial? It was pretty much:
'Mr. Shapiro'
'Mr. Darden'
'Mr. Kardashian'
'...Marcia'

E: Speaking of Ito, that part where he excitedly showed off the autograph from Arsenio Hall just killed me.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 10, 2016

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Is there any particular reason Ross Kardashian wasn't in the last episode?

Also, I don't want Darden and Clark to actually get together. He's such a supportive friend and I like it more this way.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

He was in the scene where OJ was yelling at his lawyers about the housekeeper.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Mameluke posted:

Is there any particular reason Ross Kardashian wasn't in the last episode?

They were on a break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Toxxupation posted:

I don't know if it's intentional or just a happy coincidence but I did like how much the dressdown of Clark's hair reminded me a lot of those thinkpieces criticizing Hillary Clinton's appearance on the campaign trail.

• Locked thread